• Published 1st Jun 2021
  • 318 Views, 2 Comments

The Mysterious Island - WarriorofFaith18

  • ...
 2
 318

Cross The Bridge

The Rainbooms, Team Shine, Starlight, and Chet double timed it to make it to the beach to find the magic place to heal Spike with Twilight leading the way while carrying the dog. Twilight has showed no signs of stopping for she was worried about her dog the most. Shine Boy, Chet, and Sunset were right behind her trying to help comfort her while worried about Spike as well.

"Gamer, how much farther do we have?" Shine Boy asked.

Gamer, panting, caught up to the front and pulled out the map. "It shouldn't be too far. We should be nearing Force Bridge and then straight to the water's edge."

"Is that it?" Starlight pointed.

It was a long bridge connected to two very deep cliffs with nothing but water at the bottom.

"Yeah. that be it." Gamer stated.

"Oh! It doesn't look safe." feared Fluttershy.

"For Spike, I'm willing to take that risk!" Twilight demanded.

"We ain't backing down on him either, sugarcube." Appleback assured.

"N-no.... Not gonna put.... you all....in..danger." Spike mumbled

"But Spike-" Twilight worried.

"I-I'm okaaaaaaaaay." Spike fainted in Twilight's arms.

"SPIKE!" Twilight gasped.

"We're running out of time!" Sunset declared.

"Come on!" Chet called and they pressed on.

Soon, they were right at the start of the bridge. Chet and Gamer examined it.

"Looks sturty enough." Chet figured.

"I calculate we have a 75% chance we'll make it across" Gamer calculated.

"Forget about me..... find...guardian" Spike moaned

"No, Spike. We're not abandoning you. We're going end of discussion!" Twilight stated.

Suddenly, before anyone could cross, Who should appear but Reva, Mortar, and Lance.

"Don't tell me you kids were going to cross without super vision!" mocked Reva.

"Anywhere to get away from you!" snapped Rarity.

"And it looks like we got a rodent problem." Applejack added as she caught Rutter and Gutter poking their heads from behind a rock.

Gamer stepped up. "Everybody get across! I'll hold them off!"

"I'll help!" Pinkie declared.

"Chet! You help Twilight get Spike across! Everyone else go! I'll take the rear!" Shine Boy ordered.

Everybody began to cross the bridge trying to hurry but also being careful too. Rainbow stepped on a board only for it to break on her. Luckily, Love Shine grabbed her before she fell and helped her up. Suddenly, one of the bridge's ends snapped, causing the bridge to tilt. Everyone struggled to hang on. Twilight struggled the hardest because one hand was holding on to the rope and the other one was holding Spike. Luckily, Chet used his tail to help her across. Fluttershy was stuck in fear.

Shine Girl noticed this and extended her hand. "Fluttershy! give me your hand!"

Fluttershy tried to reach, but before she could grab it, the wood she held broke causing her to fall and scream.

"FLUTTERSHY!" Everyone cried.

Quickly, Shine Girl grabbed a cable from her belt and threw it at Fluttershy, tying around her waist catching her. When Applejack made her way across, she used her super strength to pull up the fallen end of the bridge, evening it out for the others to get across while Sunset and Shine Boy hurried and helped Shine Girl pull Fluttershy back up.

Meanwhile, Gamer and Pinkie stood there as the villains got closer.

"Get them!" Reva demanded.

But before they could seize the two, Gamer and Pinkie pulled out cameras and started to flash the villains, blinding them.

"Look at the birdie!" Gamer grinned.

"I'm lovin it! lovin it!" Pinkie cried as she posed while flashing.

Rutter and Gutter posed for the pictures.

"Make sure you get my good side!" Gutter added.

Back on the bridge, Shine Girl and Sunset joined the others across the bridge, helping and comforting Fluttershy across with Shine Boy not far behind. Seeing that everyone made it as he came across, Shine Boy called out to Gamer and Pinkie on the other side.

"Gamer! Pinkie! We all made it! Hurry!"

Gamer and Pinkie stopped and hurried onto the bridge. Gamer looked back at the villains.

"FYI There's no film in the camera!"

As Gamer went across behind Pinkie, Reva growled as she went on the bridge, but not before stopping Rutter from going before her.

"Back off, Plague head! I'm gonna cross first!"

"Okay! I just remembered. I hate heights."

"Then stay here!" Mortar ordered as he followed Reva on the bridge.

Pinkie was able to get across okay, but Gamer got his foot stuck on a step and was struggling to get free as Reva and Mortar were coming closer.

"Gamer!" Shine Boy cried.

"We got him now, Mortar!" Reva laughed.

"He won't get far." Mortar chuckled.

But before they could grab him, Shine Boy and Pinkie called out to them.

"Back away from my brother!" Shine Boy demanded.

"And just what are you gonna do about it?" Reva smirked

"I'll blow up the bridge!" Pinkie shouted, holding up her sprinkles.

"You're bluffing! You'll blow up your friend!" Mortar laughed.

Shine Boy nodded to Gamer, signaling him, and he nodded.

"Do it, Pinkie! I'm not worth it!" he called.

"What"? Reva and Mortar gasped.

"You have the count of three to get off the bridge! One!"

As Pinkie began to count, Shine Boy shot a cable to Gamer, pulling him to the other side, freeing his leg.

"Two!"

"Oh she's serious! I'm getting outta here!" Reva cried as she and Mortar ran back to the other side.

"Two and a half! Three! Sprinkles Ahoy!"

Reva and Mortar made it back just as Pinkie threw her sprinkles blowing up the bridge.

"You alright, Bro?" Shine Boy asked.

"Yeah Thanks" smiled Gamer.

"Okay, Let's get to that spot to help-" Twilight stopped as Spike slid down shutting his eyes slowly. "Spike? Spike!"

----------

Meanwhile, Reva wasn't happy with her defeat.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU DO SOMETHING?" she bellowed.

"Hey we were following orders." Rutter stated

"Yeah you told us to stay put." Gutter agreed.

"SILENCE! You buck toothed, manicure needing pests!" Suddenly, Reva thought of something. "Buck tooth...... Nails. Lance, go fetch that rope. I think we'll get across after all." she chuckled.

-----------

Meanwhile, The team made a strecher for Spike out of Shine Boy's cape, Gamer's sheathed sword, and Shine Girl's baton.

"There. That outta do it." Shine Boy said as he and Chet carefully set Spike on the stretcher.

"Careful." Twilight pleaded.

"We will" Chet assured her. Then both lifted the stretcher and carried him while the others followed

----------

Back with the villains, Reva had Mortar tie the rope around Rutter and Gutter's waists. Then Lance pointed to the other side.

"They're getting away!"

"Alright. I'll fling you both over on the count of three." Mortar instructed the rats.

"Okay"

"Ready."

Mortar grabbed the other end of the rope and started to swing them around.

"One!"

"I forgot my fear of heights!"

"Two!"

"Hey Rutter! I can see the base from here!"

"Three!"

Mortar then threw the rats to the other side where they grab the ledge with their teethes having a firm grip.

"AW amoard tht gooing athore" Rutter called with his mouth full.

To be Continued