• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 13,276 Views, 696 Comments

Fed up - Billblok



Celestia is tired of being held above everypony else, like she so "deserves".

  • ...
68
 696
 13,276

Action Plan

"So girls," Twilight queried. "Your thoughts?"

Twilight and friends(1) were gathered around a table in the Ponyville wing common room, which was recently constructed sometime after Twilight's coronation. The room was, as Rarity had put it at their first visit, "rustic". Nestled to one side of the room was a fireplace, gently burning for the sake of the cold mountain air, as well as the incoming fall weather. As for the room service, the six actually knew a few of the servants-for-hire, and the cake was absolutely delicious, even if they didn't know the occasion that called for it. Something about a crazy plan working.

"That was a thing, it happened, and we saw it," Pinkie said. "the thing that happened resulted in cake, too." She casually crammed a whole cake into her mouth, then politely wiped the frosting with a hoofkerchief, smiling contentedly.

"It's a really big revelation, I think." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah, about as big as Nightmare Moon being Princess Celestia's sister," Rainbow agreed

"Rainbow!"

"What? It's true!"

"Back to the point, girls," Twilight said with a light jab of her wing at Rainbow. "I'd say if the princess were to reveal this great revelation publicly, there'd be some big changes in how things work."

"You've said it, an' ah know one big ol' thing that'd change..." Applejack said in her typical drawl, attempting to daintily bite a piece off her cake, and failing rather miserably. "Should the highest noble be thinkin' her class is entirely worthless, who knows what'll happen to the lower ones?"

"and the term 'filthy commoner' will finally be put to an end with." Twilight giggled. "Blueblood would be absolutely livid!"

The little group laughed amongst each other as they continued to converse about the implications of such a drastic change in how the princesses were viewed, but mostly about how cute tiny Celestia looked.

“All this time, and we’ve been bowing to an adorable filly! Granted, a filly with power over the sun, but a filly nonetheless!”

“She was sooooooo cute!” Fluttershy squeed. “I just want to hug her and never let go!”

“That’s kinda creepy, Fluttershy,” Rainbow said. “Sweet, but still kinda creepy.”

“You wouldn’t hug her?!”

“Well yeah, but I would at least let go.”

“Of course; it would be rude to keep holding her! Why would anypony—Rarity, you haven’t said anything in a while.”

Rarity blinked, shaking herself. “Oh? No it’s fine, please continue, I’ll be okay.”

The others didn’t seem it buy it. “Rarity, you look… pale.” Twilight said, concerned.

“White coat darling, of course I’m pale.”

“Maybe y’all should go an’ have a lie down, Sugar.” Applejack suggested.

Rarity waved a hoof. “Oh no, its fine; I’ll just have a little breather, and I’ll be okay!” With graceful deliberation, she got up, leaving the table and took a few calm steps away. Then she wobbled slightly, and began to fall over to her right.

“Ohmygosh, Rarity!!” Thankfully with lightning quick speed, Twillight managed to catch the unicorn in her magic. “Somepony got some smelling salts, or anything?”

Rainbow whistled, impressed. “Wow, of all the times she faked fainting, I never thought she could do it for real!”

Rainbow!! You poor pony, It’s okay; we’ll make sure you’re fine when you wake up.”
A few minutes later, Rarity was safely deposited in Luna’s bedroom, where she could wake up comfortably in a bed. All present were relieved that Rarity was now not quite as pale.

Eventually, the white unicorn did in fact wake up to a rather comfortable bed with silken sheets and soft pillows, along with six smiling faces beaming down on her. Rarity shot up, accidentally hitting her head against Pinkie’s head. Pinkie barely seemed to notice, opting to grab her in a hug.

“Well, it appears that the fashionista has awoken,” Luna said smiling. “How’re you feeling?” Noticing that the lunar princess was present, Rarity jumped out of the bed and dropped into a bow. Luna rather forcefully pulled her back up. “Oh no, I’m not having that from a friend who’s recovering from a fainting spell.”

“I… Fainted?”

Applejack smirked. “Yep, and just moments after you said you’d be fine! Fell like a rock; never seen you fall like that before!”

“Indeed,” Luna replied. “From what I heard, it was impressive. So how does it feel to faint for real?”
Fluttershy spluttered. “I—why?! Is it too much to ask for no retorts from anypony?!”

“I jest, Fluttershy; I was merely teasing.” Luna patted a whimpering Fluttershy on the head “At any rate, it is rather relieving to find that Rarity is feeling much better. However, I think she should relax, nonetheless.” With a gentle nudge, Rarity was once again deposited on the bed. “Alright then, I think we should get an idea of what to do next.”

The ponies were rather confused. “Really? What for?” Rarity asked. “Princess Celestia told us to just relax for the rest of the day.”

Luna hummed thoughtfully. “Did she? Well if she wants to be treated like a normal pony, she’ll know how to take no for an answer. Yes, I think we need to make sure that ponies are comfortable saying no.”

“Alright, that sounds good as any plan, ah think,” Applejack agreed. “So how’re we goin’ to make this work?”

“Well we have two options, and Twilight will be helpful in this. The first option would be to remind ponies that they do not need to blindly obey Celestia. Unfortunately, that’s something Celestia can only do by herself. The only other option is to either feed Celestia some ridiculous things to make her subjects do, or nag a particular pony until they put their hoof down.” (2)

“That sounds mean…” Fluttershy whimpered.

“Yes, and hopefully they’ll know.” Gazing out the window, Luna observed the late sun over the horizon. “Well, it appears that we’ve just let the time go. Considering that we somehow managed to skip supper, do you want something to eat before you retire?”

The ponies gazed at each other, weighing the circumstances. Finally, Rarity spoke up.

“Today’s been rather… difficult, and I don’t think I can stomach anything right now.”

“Why’s that?”

“I’ll tell you tomorrow. Do I speak for the rest of us when I say we’d like to sleep instead?”

With the nods of agreement that followed, Luna smiled. “Good! I will have to go back to my duties, so I’m just going to have you six use my bed.”

“What?!” All ponies exclaimed.

“What? It’s not like my bed is some kind of divine ground, is it? It may be hoof crafted, but it hardly cost me anything to get, so it’s not exactly luxury.”

“But he may have given you a discount on it,” Twilight countered. “You know, with the whole ‘I’m a princess, be nice to me’ thing.”

“Point,” Luna agreed. “But this was actually bought from a yard sale, so there you go. Now if you would please—”

“Wait, if Celestia wants ponies to regard us princesses as normal ponies, why're you ordering us around?”

“We couldn’t care less, Twilight Sparkle. Our sister may find the bowing unsettling, but we are only working with Tia to make her happy.”

“Wait a minute!” Pinkie shouted. “Twilight’s a princess and your equal! On what grounds do you have for ordering her around??”

Luna pushed her muzzle into Pinkie’s. “Because, Pinkie, I have lived long enough to be a mentor to our new princess, and simply disobeying me on the mere grounds that we are equals would make me very upset, which would be very unwise.

Hearing no further objections, (3) Luna’s horn lit up, and she tucked the stunned silent ponies into her own bed. With expert skill, she made sure each and every one was placed in an ideal sleeping position, with a perfectly even amount of soft blanket between all of them. “Now, Action plan: Make sure ponies are comfortable with saying no, okay? I’ll help you sleep if you’re having trouble. Good night!” The door closed, and Twilight and friends were now surrounded in darkness. Applejack fidgeted.

“It’s only eight in th’ evenin,” Applejack whispered. “Ah’m not even tired yet…”

“Nopony’s making you stay here,” Rarity nagged.

“Except Luna,” Rainbow Dash complained.

“Yes, except for Luna.” Rarity shivered.

“I think we’d do better to just listen. I do not want to be stuck on the moon again, by Celestia or not.”

Fluttershy started bawling.

“Oh, what now!?”

“Rainbow…” Twilight warned.

“What?! What did I say?”

Lavender unicorn magic levitated a pillow, which was promptly jammed into Rainbow’s mouth. “You need to learn a little tact.” With a little struggle, Rainbow Dash pulled it back out, spitting up feathers.

Rainbow harrumphed, determined to stay awake over this punishment for what most certainly wasn’t her fault at all. Besides, she’d just fly back from the moon, is all. She had walked there, after all. Unfortunately for her, the princess of the night held to the promise of helping her and her friends sleep. Around eleven at night, the door opened again with a gentle motion, and Luna stepped in. A simple little bit of magic and the gentle touch of a hoof against her cheek, she felt drowsy.

“Sorry I didn’t come sooner,” Luna said. “But I was a little busy tonight with some other ponies’ dreams. I’ll talk about it later, now sleep.” Before her reluctantly restful slumber, The last thing Rainbow saw was Luna tucking tucking her in once more and kissing her on the forehead. Rainbow Dozed off utterly confused by why a princess would do that.

But that would be the least of her problems the next morning…

Author's Note:

So, I'm just gonna let this play out. As you've probably noticed, I have been integrating some of the other things from the original story series. However, I intend to have only two sides. What the other side is, Well that's spoilers.

Anyway, we'll see where this takes me. Hopefully keeping the setting in one firm set of locations, rather than some crazy back and forth stuff with several different characters. Kind of a mess, but there you go.

BY THE WAY, I typed this on a different program, so if there are ANY mistakes, then please do tell me.

Reference (read: comedy) materials!

(1) Not including Spike, who was rather unexcited by going to a castle which he knew like the back of his hand. Besides the point, he really didn't want to ride on Twilight's back, who had wanted to fly to the castle instead of using a conventional carriage or train.

(2) Preferably, not on top of her poor head.

(3) Any objections said probably would have resulted in Luna delivering a severe penalty. Time outs are not fun!