• Published 31st May 2021
  • 286 Views, 18 Comments

Nightmare - NinjaMare

  • ...
 18
 286

Dreams Transitioning Into A Nightmare

It was a nice day in the rural town of Ponyville, with ponies trotting about the town in performing their daily tasks, working at their stalls or shops. Pegasi flying about and performing their own weather tasks, or just for the fun of it. like with one particular cyan pegasus whose zipping around the town. Down in the streets, particularly within the market of the town, princess Twilight was trotting about from stall to stall. Saddlebags strapped to her sides, and are fairly stuffed to the brim with supplies from papers, ink wells, quills, carrots, radishes, and other bits of food, and other various household supplies. All of which was being crossed off a long, long, looooonnnngggg list that was trailing behind the princess.

“Hi there Twilight.” A sweet kind voice said to the mare, and when she looked up from her list, she found her friend Fluttershy just a few feet from her by a stall as she stuffs something into her own saddlebags.

“Hey there Fluttershy. Doing some shopping as well?” the alicorn asked as she and her pegasus friend nuzzled each other, before trotting down the lane. “How are things with Discord going along these days? Is he still…”

“Yes. But he’s learned to really control his chaotic tendencies.” Fluttershy said with a hopeful smile. Which, slightly, faltered just a tad. “At least that’s what he tells me.” Twilight could only give her friend a reassuring smile.

“Well I’m sure that Discord will try and live up to your expectations Fluttershy.”

“Thanks Twilight.” Fluttershy said to her friend. But then the pegasus started to look around herself, and her friend, as if she was expecting something to pop up.

“Fluttershy?” Twilight questioned her friends sudden change in behavior. “What are you looking for?”

“I was seeing if Spike was with you. usually he’s always with you when you go out shopping.” Fluttershy said to her friend as she ceased her searching for the small waddling dragonling.

“I’m not actually sure.” Twilight said with a wing shrug. “He wasn’t at the library when I woke up this morning…actually…” Twilight’s face then developed a slightly worried look on her face.

“When I got up this morning, his basket, comics, they were gone.”

“Gone?” Fluttershy questioned both confusedly, and worriedly. Twilight then nodded to her friend as she continued.

“I looked around the library, checking the study, main library floor, kitchen, even the basement, but he was nowhere. I didn’t even find a letter about where he could’ve gone.” Twilight started to sound more worried, but her mood slightly picked up. “I was hoping to run into him while out shopping, but…”

“You haven’t found him?” Twilight could only shake her head. that’s when Fluttershy got an idea.

“Why don’t we go see if Applejack, or Pinkie Pie have seen him.” Fluttershy’s suggestion seemed to have lifted Twilight’s mood even higher as she looks at her friends sweet face. “And if they haven’t seen him, we could always check if Rarity has.” The alicorn then looked like she was just smacked in the face with a rolled newspaper.

“Of course!” the lavender mare said in surprised enlightenment. “Rarity! Today is Sunday, Rarity always ask Spike to help her go and gather gems.” A look of realization crossed the pegasus’s features as an ‘Ah!’ escaped her mouth. But it was quickly replaced with a slight questioning look.

“But if that’s the case, then, where did all of Spike’s belonging go?” the pegasus asked, which stumped the alicorn as she tried think of a reason for why Spike’s stuff was missing.

“…I’m not sure about that. But I’m pretty Spike just moved them for, something.” The pegasus and alicorn decided to drop the topic of Spike’s missing, or probably mis-placed belongings and continued about their day of shopping.

Twilight and Fluttershy continued their shopping trip through Ponyville with each other, while also talking about what their plans were for the day, or if they had anything special planned. As the two friends went about their day, gathering up everything they need, Fluttershy suggested that Twilight stop by her cottage for a tea party since its been so long since it was just the two of them enjoying a little personal time. Twilight thought about it, and agreed to the invitation with a few seconds. The two mares then picked up the pace on their shopping, and managed to get everything on their own personal lists. With their shopping done, the two friends split up as they had to take their things to their homes, and stock them.

After spending roughly twenty or so minutes of stocking the library’s pantries, cupboards, supply closet and other little places that can hold everything that Twilight bought. Once everything was put away, Twilight then left the library again and headed back into town, instead of going directly to Fluttershy’s. trotting through the market place again Twilight weaved her way through the crowed, heading towards the main square district of the town, where Sugarcube Corner was just a hop, skip, and trot away. Upon reaching the confectionary the alicorn entered the shop, and took in the smell of freshly baked goods and sweets, while seeing many ponies enjoying their paid treats.

“Hey there Twilight!” the familiar voice of the towns peppiest pony, and premiere party planner of the town.

“Hey there Pinkie, how are you doing?”

“Oh not much, just getting things ready for a few parties for the local foals. Oh! And for Cranky and Matilda.” The bubbly mare said before she leaned on the counter. “So what bring you here today?”

“I was looking to buy some pastries for a little tea party that Fluttershy and I are having.” Twilight said to her friend as she stood before her friend. “So Pinkie could you make a dozen lemon and blueberry cupcakes—”

“Oh great idea, Fluttershy loves those!”

“And maybe, hmm.”

“How about some cinnamon coffee cakes? They good very well some of the tea flavors that Fluttershy loves.” Pinkie suggested to the alicorn, he thought for a few seconds before agreeing.

“That sounds great Pinkie, can you—”

The princess was interrupted from her order when a rumble shook the ground. all of the ponies in the shop screamed and yelped in panic as the whole building shook, and the ground beneath all of their hooves rattled and quake. Jars and pins lining the walls of Sugarcube Corner fell to the ground, and either bounced around, or simply shattered upon contact with the floor. Spilling their contents everywhere. Even the pots and pans, and other kitchen utensils in kitchen dropped to the floor and caused a racket. Then there was the Cakes themselves, all of them panicking, even the poor twins upstairs were crying in fear, which caused the Cakes in the kitchen to run up to them and comfort them.

“What was that?!” Pinkie half-shouted as everything settled down.

“I don’t know.” Twilight said before galloping to the door, and started looking for anything that could’ve caused the quake. But there was nothing. At least, upon her initial look about.

Far off in the distance, on the far side of Ponyville, ponies screamed in terror as a pillar of blistering hot and raging green fire erupted. Reaching high into the sky as smoke start bellowing, and slowly start covering the sky. both Twilight and Pinkie were greatly worried about what this pillar of green fire was, but their state of worry quickly escalated to terror, as torrents of green fire are being fired from the pillar of green flames, and start ripping through the town! Ponies who were caught by the flames screamed in pain, their wails being mixed in with the roaring flames, and the crackling of burning buildings. Twilight immediately jumped into action, and flew towards the pillar with her horn charged with magic to stop it.

But as she was halfway to the pillar, a stream of fire shot from the basin of the towering inferno, and it looked as if it was alive, as it slithered through buildings and setting everything on fire. Twilight made a U-turn and chased after the flaming stream, and once she was close enough she erected the biggest barrier spell she has ever created. Capturing the rampant green flames. After catching the fire in her large barrier, the mare quickly turned to the rest of the town that was on fire, as well as the still burning pillar of fire. And as she was using magic to put out some of the fire, the pegasi weather team came to help with a collection of rain clouds, and started to put out the fires around the section of the town near the pillar of fire.

“Twilight what the heck is going on?” Rainbow Dashed asked as she flew over to her friend.

“I don’t know, but we need to take out these fires!”

Before either pegasus, or alicorn, could even do anything else, both of them heard something shatter. Which was then accompanied by the sound of flames roaring towards the pair, which transitioned into horrified screams of agony, when Rainbow Dash was rammed by the flames.

“RAINBOW!” Twilight screamed as she was forced to fly back, or else have the left side of her body burned. The only thing that the alicorn could do, was watch the flames rocket into the air, while the burning remains of her friends body crumble away within the flames.

Twilight then turned back to where the barrier she created was, and saw it was gone, and that the flames charged across the ground. and then ramming right into Sugarcube Corner! Twilight then heard the dozen of ponies inside it scream in utter pain as they were all roasted alive, she even heard the cries of the Cake twins wailing before going silent.

“No…” Twilight muttered as she just floated there as she could only watch the slithering trail of fire just, turn Ponyville into a smoldering wasteland. But not for long.

Fueled with her instinct to protect her fellow ponies, the ponies that she as a princess of Equestria was swore to protect, and keep safe, she rocketed towards the slithering flames with horn charged with magic. as she closed in she tried barriers to capture it, but the fires just wormed out of the way. Then she tried to blasting the fire, put it out with enough force, but the fire just wormed out of the way again! Screaming in frustration, as well as anger as more of Ponyville was set on fire, and many more ponies burning alive.

Charging up her horn with all the magic that she could muster, till it burned a blinding violet light, then with everything she had she fired the biggest and widest energy blast she could. Striking the flaming mass right on top of it, and driving it into the ground, creating a sizable crater in the towns more central open district. After striking the flaming mass down, stunning whatever it was, Twilight erected another barrier. But this time she formed three barriers and layered them on top of each, and then bind it with violet chains, with their ends being anchored into the ground. with the threat now secured, and making sure that it was indeed secure, Twilight turned to the town…only to see it razed to the ground. dark emerald flames devouring everything within the town, and black smoke and dark embers turning the air black, the sun being plotted with clouds of smoke.

The alicorn charged horn, gathering the clouds that the frightened pegasi left behind, when they saw Rainbow Dash be burned alive. The clouds started to swirl and form around Twilight, all being covered in a violet hue before they all spread out, stretching out as much as they can to put the fires out. Once a good portion of the town was covered, rain started to shower down and began putting out the fires. Amidst the sound of rain dripping, and sizzling away from the fire, a rumbling sound pulled Twilight out of her concentration. Looking behind her Twilight saw that the flames trapped inside the barrier were stirring, swirling like a whirlpool of blistering fire, while the magical construct shakes and rattles. Twilight was confident that no matter what, it will hold. But her assessment may have been, overestimated.

Cracks started to form throughout all three of the barriers, and started to swell like an overly soaked sponge, while the chains started to break, one by one. Then in one roaring flourish, another pillar of fire erupted into the world. destroying the barriers containing it. and knocking the surprised alicorn down to the ground, on the only patch that wasn’t engulfed in fire. but the force of the blast caused Twilight to land on her wings hard enough to severely damage her wing basins, and having the wind being knocked out of her.

“Grrr.” Twilight groaned as she turned onto her side, her wings aching and pulsing with pain. But the alicorn didn’t get a chance to fully recover from the blast.

The mare turned to face new pillar of fire, where she saw a pair of glowing yellow eyes burn through the emerald fires. Then the ground started to shake, as if something heavy, and big was making romping around. And that’s when she saw it. emerging from the pillar of green flames was a dragon. The dragon was tall as a spire, with large wings flaring up from its sides, while a row vibrant green spines run along its neck down to its long swishing tail. Twilight tried to scramble away from the dragon, but was stopped when the large reptile leapt the short distance towards her, and slammed its jaw claw onto her.

“AGH!” the alicorn screamed in pain as she felt the weight of an entire house pressing down on top of her.

The dragon then lowered its head, slowly as it snarled a low rumbling growl. But as the dragon lowered its head Twilight started to notice something. There was just something about its features that look familiar, and when she looked into the large eyes staring down at her…and that’s when a thought crossed her mind as something about those eyes, sparked something within her.

“S-Spike?!” Twilight muttered in disbelief as the dragon growled back and began to raise its head.

“Spike! That’s you isn’t it! What’s happened to you?” the alicorn cried out to the dragon.

“W-why are you d-doing this?”

The dragon didn’t say a single word to answer any of the princess’s, instead all he did was just, grin. But it wasn’t just a normal grin. It was the kind of grin that displayed, amusement, a sense that the individual was, enthralled, greatly enjoying the activity they were doing.

“Spike?” Twilight muttered as a growing sense of dread started to swell up inside her, and her sense dread worsen as the dragon’s mouth started to glow a bright green, as wisps of fire waft from the gaps.

“Spike. P-please, doooo-nnn’t…” the alicorn pitifully begged as her eyes start to water. But her plea fell on deaf ears.

A raging torrent of fire was unleashed from the maw of the once small dragonling. And in an instant, the land it was standing over was set ablaze. Twilight’s voice raised to a ear piercing scream of such magnitude, that it over shadowed any other sound within the steaming smoldering remains of the town, while rain continued drizzle over any remaining fires. Which were reignited from the new flames spewing from the dragons mouth. Twilight’s voice started to tapper away into silence till it finally went silent, leaving only a burnt black skeleton of a alicorn, which started to crumble away into dust as the dragon took one step back. and then reared itself up, and unleashed a deafening roar that rattled the sky, and shook the ground.

~~~~~

“AGH!” a frightened scream left Spikes muzzle as he shot up from his prone position in his basket.

The little dragon then looked around his current surroundings, seeing that he was indeed in the Golden Oaks Library, and that it was still standing. The clock on the nearby wall also showed the dragon that it was one o’clock in the morning, and when he looked out the window he saw that the stars and moon were still out, shimmering beautifully in the night sky. a gentle murmur then brought the dragons attention to his right, and saw Twilight passed out on her bed. sprawled out with the blanket hardly covering her, wings laying limply out at her sides, while a few books lay scattered around her. one was even nestled on top her horn, perfectly balanced somehow, and only wobbling with every small snore that Twilight made.

Spike then curled into himself and started to sob into his blanket covered knees, as the vivid dream—no! not a dream, a nightmare, was still clear in his mind. And remembered everything that took place in it. and for a few minutes the dragonling couldn’t think of anything else other than Ponyville, being turned into a blistering fire pit, while the screams of the ponies dying by those flames, HIS flames, died horrible painful deaths.

“Spike?” the little dragon was snapped out off his wallowing when he heard Twilight’s voice. When he turned to face her, he saw a worried yet slightly drowsy look on her face, which turned quickly into one of concern.

“Spike what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” the dragon didn’t say anything to his caretaker, he just hopped from his basket, and lobbed himself at the alicorn. Who caught him and held him in her forelegs and wings. “Spike?”

“I-I…” Spike blubbered as he buried his face into Twilight’s soft fuzzy chest. “I h-had a nightmare Twilight. A h-horrible, horrible n-nightmare.” As the dragon cried into the alicorns embrace, Twilight petted the dragons head in trying to comfort him.

“Shhh. It’s okay Spike, its okay.” The mare chimed as she continued to hold the dragon, feeling him stop shuttering.

“Do you, want to talk about it?” Spike rapidly shook his head in response to Twilight’s question.

Respecting the dragon’s wish, Twilight lowered herself back down to a laying down position, with Spike following her movement until he two was laying down. Now that he was laying with his caretaker, Spike held on tightly to Twilight, as if she was going to disappear if he ever let go. After laying in the bed, and being held by Twilight, Spike eventually went back to sleep after an hour of slightly shuttering in Twilight’s embrace, while he tried to block out the images and sound of his nightmare. Hopefully for the rest of the night Spike would never, ever experience a nightmare the likes of that one ever again.

Comments ( 18 )

Pretty sure you took this storyline from a piece of fanart. This was an okay adaptation, but you might want to work on your grammar and formatting; it was a bit messy, to say the least.

TR

I wonder when someone is finally going to do a demon Slayer fanfict?

10841032
wait? there's a fanart of this?

10841895
like the anime Demon Slayer?

TR

10842467
Yes, you would think that how popular it is now their would already be one right?

10842469
hmmmm. that is true. but what type of story would it be?
-would it be the ponies get transported the Demon Slayer world?
-would Tanjiro & Nezuko be transported to MLP: FiM?
-and would the ponies be equine or anthro?

TR

10842481
That is the question, we'll find out in the next episode of dragon Ball z, when Goku May finally unleash the Kamehameha. 😄

(I don't know I'm just trying to spark up ideas in the fan base, I did find out that there wasn't an demon Slayer fanfict yet)

TR

10842481
But in my opinion I think Tanjiro and Nezuko being transported into the MLP world bring in more views.

10842488
really? i think the mane 6 being transport to the Demon Slayer would, and being falsely accused as demons, then proved innocent, and then witness the horrors of the world, would be more interesting.

TR

10842497
Everyone has different opinions on it, either one would be good.^_^

TR

10842497
I was honestly thinking about a displaced story.

10842508
if i didn't have other major projects i'm working on, i'd like to take a crack at this concept.

TR

10842522
Just like giving out ideas, but I love your stories and I can't wait for your next project. 😄

10842529
right now i'm finally working on the Red Hawk sequal.

10842466
The ending of your story is practically identical to this piece of fanart from 2013:

derpicdn.net/img/2013/7/30/385577/full.png

It's so similar, in fact, that I initially believed it was where you got the inspiration to write this story in the first place.

10843002
I don't frequent many sites, or search for many MLP Fanarts unless I need something for a pic for a fic cover. and after looking at the fanart you pin, yeah, I see it how it looks I just adapted. damn! I guess I'll just change the overall story to something, so others don't think I just stole an idea that already existed.

10843955
It was only a coincidence; you shouldn't have to feel like you need to change everything because of it. Story-wise, what you've already written is perfectly fine!

Luna must be slacking.

Login or register to comment