• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 10,415 Views, 2,834 Comments

Shouldn't have enslaved humanity [OLD VERSION] - NoobMaster69



In 2018, a radioactive asteroid was discovered heading towards Earth. By 2027, the UN had built a bunker to hold 400,000 people and Cryogenics were used to keep humanity frozen for 1,000,000 years. When they awoke, they found the survivors enslaved.

  • ...
102
 2,834
 10,415

Retaliation

"Are we in position?" Pharynx asked.

"Yes sir,” One of the changelings answered. “If any of those apes show their faces here, we’ll be ready.”

"It’s not a matter of ‘if,’ soldier. It's just a matter of when," Pharynx replied.


"As most of you probably know, I am an advocate for peace. You don't win the Nobel Peace Prize for nothing.”

As much as President Alexei wanted to only focus on his meeting with General Markov, he had to keep at least half of his attention on the television at the other end of his office.

“How fast can we get our battalion’s dispatched?” Alexei asked.

"Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of China - " Markov paused, "I mean Lian Meng on that. They estimate it will take a week at the earliest before we're able to completely clear it off the main door. However, we should be able to get some of our vehicles out with the door partially opened."

"Good,” Alexei said, his eyes still glued to the television. “Our efforts to subdue Equestria’s forces could take a huge hit if Olesia is elected, so we must begin our strike soon, before the USU can potentially elect her. Markov, due to the urgency of this matter, I am giving you the full authority to conduct this operation as you see fit as long as it fulfills our objectives: decimate Equestria’s soldiers, minimize civilian casualties, and most of all, emanate strength and rationality. Understood?”

"Yes, sir. I will not let you down," the general replied. “And if they surrender?”

That gave Alexei an idea.

"Actually, Markov, make sure you ask the opposing force if they wish to surrender before you engage,” Alexei ordered. “Make it extremely clear that this will be their one and only chance to surrender and that resistance is futile and will not be tolerated. If they surrender without a fight, bring them back to Utopia unharmed. If they do not, then engage.”

"It will be done," said Markov.

“Good,” Alexei said. “Be swift. Dismissed.”


“With that, this election is now in the hands of the ministers. Ministers, you have ten minutes to cast your votes. When we come back on UNN, Don Carlson and our UNN correspondents in the studio react to the speeches from both candidates and later, we will reveal the election results. We’ll be right back.”

General Markov and all world leaders that currently weren’t engaged in a presidential election, which was playing out on the television behind them, looked on to the main hangar behind a large stained glass window.

The hangar itself was busy, with Russian soldiers running around and preparing for the assault. From what they had seen through the eyes of their spy drones, Ponyville was quite well guarded, with around two thousand confirmed enemy troops in the area, though it wasn't as well guarded as one would expect for a settlement literally right next to the enemy's base. The soldiers themselves used medieval style weaponry, all of them using spears, swords and bows to defend the village. Their 'heavy' artillery consisted of a few dozen medieval style trebuchets alongside several dozen primitive renaissance era cannons.

The assault force was powerful but relatively small in size, with only five hundred Russian soldiers assigned to participate. Such a defense from Ponyville should not require that many soldiers to overcome. Plus, a smaller force meant a faster strike.

Once that occurred, however, the soldiers would need a way to hold the town and avoid any resistance, so Markov arranged for five heavy lift helicopters to be included as a part of the assault force, each housing a light tank that would be deployed on the front lines. Alongside them were ten attack helicopters and ten large transport helicopters holding fifty soldiers each.

His plan was simple; the attack helicopters would blow up their 'heavy' weapons so they wouldn't be able to shoot a giant arrow or a cannonball at one of their aircraft, then proceed with a ground assault so as to minimise the risk of civilian casualties. After that, they would land, deploy the tanks and troops, and commence the ground assault, killing any enemy combatants that stood in their way.

Once the town was captured, they would send out a second group to reinforce the defenses of the town and enact martial law, while simultaneously freeing any human slaves they came across and bring them back to Utopia. What President Alexei wanted to do with them, Markov did not know, but he imagined he would get those orders once fulfilled this current objective. Right now, time was of the essence.

"General Markov?" A man sitting at one of the terminals called to him in Russian, getting the attention of the world leaders as well. He pointed at the screen in front of him, "It's for you," he said, offering his headset to the general.

Markov looked to Alexei.

"Unplug it," Alexi ordered, and the man unplugged the pair of headphones, allowing everyone in the room to hear what was being said.

"Markov speaking," the general answered back in Russian.

"General, this is Sergeant Major Lev reporting. The maintenance checks have been completed, the tanks are in the helicopters, and the cargo has been loaded. Permission to begin boarding the helicopters?" The voice came from the other side.

"Granted," ordered the general.

"Yes, sir," the sergeant replied, before the call was cut off.

"You made sure to tell your forces what we talked about, Alexei?" PM Bjorn asked.

"I made sure to heavily emphasize it," Alexi replied. “Right, Markov?”

“Yes, sir,” Markov confirmed.

"Well, forgive me for having to remind you,” PM Bjorn told him. “ We cannot tolerate a 'shoot first, talk later' mindset in this situation. And given your country’s history…”

"Well, you Germans don't exactly have a history of being merciful as well, do you?" Alexi said.

"Excuse me?" Bjorn asked, getting agitated.

"Both of you, calm down for heaven's sake," PM Jack told them, "We only have so long to get this attack sent off before we could potentially be faced with a new USU President that will be in opposition to our engagement strategy. Now's not the time to be bickering amongst yourselves."

"Bjorn is right. Enough of this nonsense. There's no reason to get aggravated over nothing. Now, can we all please just attend to the situation?" asked PM Mateo.

"Yes, I completely agree. I don't see why you're getting upset over nothing, Prime Minister Bjorn," Alexi told him, causing him to clench his fists in annoyance, before taking a deep breath and calming down.

"Fine, let us attend to the situation," Bjorn relented, looking back out the window of the observation deck.

A few minutes later, the Comms came alive again, followed by Alexi, General Markov and Sergeant Lev having a short conversation in Russian.

"What did you talk about?” Aladeen asked.

"The Sergeant was just reporting back and asking for permission to take off as soon as the door was opened, which I granted," Markov replied.

"They're still waiting on reports from the surface to see exactly how much we can get the door to open without causing all of the rubble still on it to come raining into the main hangar," Alexi continued.


"Sir, the reports are in. We're ready to begin deployment," one of the men at the consoles said to Markov after an uneventful few minutes.

"Excellent. Open the doors," Markov ordered

"Yes sir," the man replied, before relaying his orders through the comms.

After a while, there was a loud mechanical whirring, alongside a lot of crashing and banging as the machinery came to life for the first time in a million years. Alexei would not be surprised if all of Utopia had heard it.

The entire upper level of the bunker began shaking as if it was a mini earthquake, before eventually everything abruptly stopped. After a few moments, a loud metallic creaking noise was heard, the sounds of the machines coming to life again as a sliver of bright light came through as the two massive blast doors covering the runway, several kilometres long, began slowly opening. This was the first time the Sun had shone upon Utopia in a long time. The doors continued opening, with small pebbles, sand and dust began raining down upon the runway. The doors opened to a length of about thirty metres before they stopped moving.

General Markov just stood and stared at the sky for a moment. From his perspective, this was the first time he had seen the sky in over a month, and he began to smile slightly. He snapped himself out of his trance after a few moments though, and began to refocus on the matter at hand.

"Give them permission to take off," he commanded to no one in particular, and one of the tech guys relayed his orders.

The rest of the world leaders watched as the helicopters began to rise above the ground, slowly at first, but gradually speeding up, until they finally left the confines of Utopia itself and began their flight, heading off in the direction of the town of Ponyville.


"Colonel," one of the ponies whispered to Shimmering Shield. He didn't hear the pony however, as he was focused on his work. "Colonel!" The same soldier whispered shouted at him again.

Colonel Shield removed the shovel from his mouth and held it with one of his hooves, followed by turning to the one who had addressed him.

"What is it, private?" He asked, exhaustion clear in his voice.

"You might wanna get a look at this," the private replied, and the colonel turned his head towards where the private was looking. He saw several helicopters, large and small, gradually rising up one after another. These ones, however, somehow looked more menacing than the other helicopters he encountered. Colonel Shield then turned his attention to the nearest human soldier and addressed him.

"Hey," the colonel called to him, and the soldier didn't reply.

"Hey!" He called to the helmeted trooper, and was ignored once again.

"Hey! Can't you hear me?!" He called to the human once again, and the human finally responded, turning his head towards him.

"What?" The man asked with a tone of irritation.

"What's going on?" Colonel Shield asked him, pointing a hoof at the rising helicopters.

"None o' your damn business,” the human soldier sternly ordered. “Now, back to work, horse.”

Colonel Shield turned his attention back to the pile of rubble and gravel he was shoveling into a wheelbarrow, taking a glance at the helicopters that were leaving the camp, as the sun began rapidly setting and the moon began rising in the opposite direction.

While he could not gleam any more information, Shield’s gut instincts were telling him this as bad. He said a silent prayer for his homeland as the sky above him began darkening rapidly and the floodlights around the camp were turned on.


Several kilometres away from Utopia, two battalions of pony soldiers stood alongside a battalion of changeling soldiers disguised as both pony soldiers and civilians. Both units were fully prepared to face off against the First Humans should they attempt to launch an attack against Ponyville. The ponies needed to defend and distract while the changelings infiltrated.

Even if only a quarter of changelings were successful, that would be at least two hundred and fifty traitors that the First Humans would have to find. It was a dangerous mission, but each and every single creature there knew it was necessary to put their lives at risk in order to protect their loved ones from this new monstrous threat.

"Hey, I'm here to take your shift. See anything interesting?" One of the soldiers asked another as they stared out at the open field ahead of them, where the forest stood a couple hundred metres away.

"Nothing but green," he replied as he peered out into the darkness. “You’d think that an assignment like this would see action a little more quickly. We’d normally be fighting on Day 1 when quelling slave rebellions.”

"So what if it’s taking a little longer?” the other replied. “What’s even the difference between the slaves and these weird alien humans, anyway? We're literal knights in shining armour! Nothing can stand in our way!”

His fellow guard took his eyes off his binoculars for a split second to give him a pointed look, "Technically not aliens… but that's besides the point. We've been here for days now. It’s not like the humans stand much of a chance anyway, so why can’t they just get here so that we can kick their butts and go home."

At that moment, the stallion noticed several floating, bright white lights in the distance ut of the corner of his eye.

“Well, looks like you’ve got your wish,” he quipped.

"What?” The soldier asked, looking back into his binoculars again. After a second of surveying the area, he found the lights his comrade saw.

“Finally!” he said, dropping his binoculars.

"Go get Agent Sweetie Drops, now! I'll alert Starlight," he said.

“Yes, sir!” the stallion said before going to fufill the order.

Spear then addressed his fellow perimeter guards as he began running to notify Starlight.

"Sound the alarm! We're under attack! Everypony wake up!"


"Look Out, how far off are they?" Agent Sweetie 'Bon Bon' Drops asked the pony on her right as she and Starlight quickly scaled the wooden stairs leading up to the battlements of the makeshift fortifications they had quickly erected all around Ponyville.

Look Out, a pony with a telescope for a cutie mark, raised up his pair of binoculars and looked through them once they reached the top of the wooden wall. "Roughly eleven kilometres, seven hundred and forty nine meters," replied Look Out.

"How long until they get here?" Starlight asked him.

"At their current speed…" Look Out stared at the oncoming lights and performed various way too complicated calculations in a matter of seconds, "Approximately three minutes and thirty seven seconds, give or take a few milliseconds."

"Logic Sticks, do we have enough time to load the catapults, trebuchets and cannons before they get here?" Starlight asked.

"If we run at peak performance, it'll take us about two minutes to load up all our defenses, and we'll be ready to fire once they're within three to four kilometres from our current position," the pony replied.

"Great. Everypony, you heard him! Load up the cannons, trebuchets, catapults, everything! And double time! The enemy will be upon us in a matter of minutes!" Sweetie Drops ordered, and everypony began running around and attending to their designated tasks.


"90 seconds!" Look Out yelled as he stared at the floating lights that were closing in on the town.

"Everypony, ready the artillery!" Sweetie Drops ordered.

"They're not within range yet, ma'am," Look Out informed.

"I know," Sweetie Drops acknowledged, before relaying her next orders, "Hold your fire! Fire on my mark!"

As everypony stared ahead at the impending mechanical monstrosities, far before they could get into the range of the ponies' artillery, dozens of smaller lights began streaking towards them, way faster than the other lights. They looked almost like rocket -

"Everypony look out!" Starlight yelled before immediately teleporting herself and Bon Bon to safety before the missiles could hit. The rest of them however, weren't so lucky.

"Two seconds…" Look Out whispered to himself in shock and horror as his wide eyes stared at the oncoming missile.

*BOOM*

Dozens of loud explosions reverberated throughout the small town as the battlements of the wooden fort around them exploded in grand spheres of flame that were targeted at every single cannon, trebuchet and catapult the lined the battlements, completely destroying the top parts of the makeshift fort along the top of the east side of Ponyville and setting fire to it. The flaming pieces of wood that had landed on some of the unlucky houses cause them to catch fire as well, and soon ponies were running everywhere with buckets of water trying to put out the flames of the houses that caught fire, and trying to put out the flames of the fort before they could reach the houses. The flames caused by the small pieces of wood were dealt with easily enough, but the ponies could not douse the fire that burned the fort fast enough, and the fire quickly began to spread to nearby houses.

Starlight and Bon Bon looked around once their ears stopped ringing and they had gotten out of their shocked state.

Despite Starlight's quick thinking, not having any time to charge the spell meant they could only be teleported a short distance, so the blast was still able to do a number on them. By the time they had, the flames were all around them, setting fire to house after house as it raged through the small town.

While Starlight ran off to use her powerful magical abilities to contain the flame before it could spread any further, Bon Bon looked out in the direction where the lights came from, but couldn't see if the enemy was upon them due to the obstruction of the flaming ruins of what used to be the fort. She soon received her answer as the flaming wooden wall in front of her blew up as a result of another explosion that, while much smaller than the others, opened up a considerably large hole in the wall and threw her back a considerable distance, where she hit her head on the wall of one of the houses that managed to stay safe from the flame.

Through the roaring flames, Bon Bon made out a very large shadowy figure that was obscured by the smoke that was coming through the breach in the wall. This was slowly followed by the appearance of smaller figures that approached beside the behemoth. Time seemed to slow down for her, and she watched everything in slow motion as she rubbed the back of her head, which was bleeding slightly.

Ponies ran by her with buckets of water only to high tail it out of there as they caught sight of the mostly obscured figures. The guards and changeling soldiers that weren't busy helping put out the flames approached her position to see what the source of the explosion was.

That's when the first part of the behemoth came into view. Through the smoke, emerged a long, slim barrel, before the abomination abruptly stopped moving with a creak. As the smoke gradually cleared away, the object in question was slowly revealed… and what an object it was. To Bon Bon, it pretty much looked like a small house on wheels, although it was far more menacing than any house could hope to look. Beside the object, several dozen bipeds that were lined head to toe with thick brown clothing and blue helmets that emitted a dim light, with metal beams lining their frame.

"Attention soldiers of the Equestrian military!" the tank seemingly spoke with a strange but menacing accent that Bon Bon didn't recognise, "That was a warning shot. This will be your only chance to surrender. Do so, and you will not be harmed. Resistance will be futile and result in the deaths of all military combatants. You have three minutes to make your decision.”

Author's Note:

Haha yes, new chapter after a thousand years...

Don't worry though the next one will come a lot quicker than this one...

Maybe...