• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 10,423 Views, 2,834 Comments

Shouldn't have enslaved humanity [OLD VERSION] - NoobMaster69



In 2018, a radioactive asteroid was discovered heading towards Earth. By 2027, the UN had built a bunker to hold 400,000 people and Cryogenics were used to keep humanity frozen for 1,000,000 years. When they awoke, they found the survivors enslaved.

  • ...
102
 2,834
 10,423

If you want peace, prepare for war

“Look, I don’t know how else I’m able to say it,” Eris explained, irritated. “It’s just not working.”

"Of course, it's not working! You're not doing what I told you! I said to visualise what it would look like for you to perform an action!" Chrysalis yelled back in frustration.

"You don’t think I’ve been trying that this entire time?!" Eris shouted, followed by taking a few deep baths to calm down.

"Alright, look" she refocused on the moderately sized rock which she was trying to levitate. "I'm imagining a larger version of my hand gripping it…" Eris began to stare at the rock intensely, a stagnant pause as the trio looked on at the rock with anticipation.

However, yet again, Eris lets out a sigh of defeat. This was soon echoed by Chrysalis, though hers sounded like it was driven by rage rather than disappointment.

"Don't 'imagine' yourself doing it. Do it!" Chrysalis looked like she was about to strangle the teenager.

"Wait, wait, wait. Maybe we're going about this all wrong,” Cozy Glow stepped in.

“Eris doesn’t have the same magic you have," Cozy Glow explained. "She has chaos magic. So, we have to think less like us and more like Discord.”

“And how exactly does that help us?” Chryslis asked.

“Actually…” Tirek interrupted. “I think the child might be onto something. That draconequus is the most impulsive creature I’ve ever met, but now that I think about it, that might just be how his magic works. Perhaps, rather than visualise the specific process of moving the rock, you should just imagine what you want to happen to the rock.”

Eris took in Tirek’s explanation.

“Alright…” Eris started. “Now can you please explain it to me like I’m five?”

Chryslais facehoofed. Even she understood what Tirek had asked the new draconequus to do, and she did not even think it would work.

"Come on, we've been at this for hours and it's almost time for the election… can't we go back now?" Eris asked.

"Your sheer laziness disgusts me. If you want to be able to help us th -" Chrysalis paused, "I mean help Utopia, then you'll need a lot more than two hours of practice!”

“Alright, Alright,” Eris relented. “Sheesh, don’t have to get your tail in a twist.”

She focused her attention back to Tirek. “Can you please simplify what you want me to do please?”

"Just think of what you want to happen to the rock and nothing else,” Tirek said. “Don’t think about the how, only the what.”

Eris sighed. She’s already been met with failure enough times the past few hours.

"Alright," said Eris. “I’ll give it a try, but I don’t really think that makes much sense.”

“That’s the idea,” Cozy retored.

The former human took a deep breath, almost as if she were beginning to meditate, just with her eyes open.

She imagined the rock moving, lifting up. And by some miracle, it worked… kind of. She was only able to nudge the rock ever so slightly. It wasn't even able to lift off the ground. Yet, that was enough to make her ecstatic.

"Holy shit,” Eris said bluntly, as if she was still processing what she just did. “I just did that.”

“HOLY SHIT! I just did that!” she exclaimed ecstatically.

She turned too the trio, expecting to have impressed them. “Did you guys just see that?!”

While Tirek and Cozy Glow had small smiles of satisfaction at the progress made so far, Chrysalis was a completely different story.

"Congratulations, you've managed to move the rock a millimetre," Chrysalis said unenthusiastically. "I guess you're so happy because that means you might be able to tickle someone with your magic if you get into a fight, correct?" she asked rhetorically.

"Sheesh, don’t get too excited," Eris quipped. She checked her watch.

“Come on,” she said. “We really need to get back so we can see Uncle Felix off before the debate starts.”

"So, what is a debate, exactly?” Cozy Glow asked.

“Well, you know how Uncle Felix is one of Utopia’s leaders, right?” Eris explained.

The trio nodded in understanding.

“So, Uncle Felix took over from my Dad, but it was only on a temporary basis until a proper election can be held for a permanent replacement,” Eris continued. “Basically, a debate allows everyone to see both candidates make their cases for why the ministers should vote for them in the election. You guys want to watch?”

"I do, actually,” Tirek answered. “I wish to see how this debate functions. Sounds entertaining.”

"I suppose so," Chrysalis added.

"Me too!" said Cozy Glow.

"Sweet!" Eris told them. “I can take you guys with me back to your room where you can watch the debate on TV. I on the other hand, will be watching the debate from my own room alongside the rest of my - "Eris paused, "You know what? I think I'll join you guys instead. Get in a little bonding time, y'know."

"Why can’t we just go to the debate?” asked Chrysalis.

“We are… in a way,” Eris replied. “It’s being broadcasted live.”

The trio stared silently at the draconequus for a second before Eris realised what she said.

"Oh! Right. Basically, you’ll see what’s happening on the screen at the same time it’s happening in real life," Eris replied.

"Ahh… I see…," Chrysalis muttered, still trying to figure out how such a concept could be conceivably done.


"Sir, are you ready?" asked Jennifer, his secretary.

"I should be. I finally have my speech prepared and managed to gain the support of a solid number of ministers," Felix replied. He looked into the mirror and straightened his tie. He then turned to face Jennifer. "How do I look?" he asked.

"Presidential," Jennifer replied. "You look good. You look important. You look confident."

"I am confident. Honestly, this is the most normal I’ve felt since I woke up," Felix replied.

He reread the script for his speech one more time.

“Time to show these creatures what a proper democracy looks like,” Felix muttered.

He took a deep breath, like a boxer getting ready to enter the ring.

"Alright, let’s do this.”

"Good luck sir," Jennifer said.


Twilight Sparkle turned on the TV and switched to channel 4 as she was told. The guards had, moments ago, configured her television so that she could watch the debate along with her friends.

Once she turned on the machine, the first thing that came on was a view of what looked to be some kind of stage with two podiums on it with some sort of fancy desk situated in front of it, with a human sitting facing the podiums. Behind the desk, stood a sea of black, though she was slightly able to make out the silhouettes of the humans that made up the audience. On the top right-hand corner of the screen was the word 'LIVE' with a small red dot next to it. On the bottom left of the screen was the acronym 'UNN' in a custom font and written in smaller letters under it were the words 'Utopia News Network'.

"Good evening, Utopia, and welcome to the USU Special Presidential Election, live on UNN," said the voice. “I am your host and debate moderator, Lester Cooper, and tonight we will have Polish Minister Evelyn Olesia and Acting President Felix Kutler make their case for who will lead the USU into this new era of human history.”

"So this event has a mediator for it, interesting. I suppose it makes sense to make sure that the candidates don’t devolve into bickering," said Twilight.

"That's a good observation, Twi," said Applejack.

The screen then zoomed in on a confident looking woman and followed her as she walked up towards the left podium, followed by Felix who took his place at the right podium.

“Welcome, Minister Olesia and Acting President Felix,” Cooper began. “Before the ministers cast their votes, you will each have the opportunity to make your case to them and the public. Minister Olesia, since you won the coin toss we held earlier tonight, you will go first. As a reminder to both candidates, you may not interrupt the other candidate while they are speaking. Minister Olesia, you have the floor.”

"Who's Olesia?" Pinkie asked, considering none of the ponies have seen Olesia yet due to their restrictive television offerings.


"Good afternoon, everyone," the ponies listened intently as she spoke.

“Let's jump right into it, shall we?" Olesia began. "As most of you probably know, I am an advocate for peace. You don't win the Nobel Peace Prize for nothing. So, you can probably imagine how strongly against it I was when it was discovered that roughly thirty thousand pony civilians were massacred on the surface. Recently, I learned of allegations that nearly two-thousand survivors were put into concentration camps in all but name. The fact that the peacekeepers are not letting anyone without presidential approval up to see the surface following the massacre, including myself, gives me some serious concerns that these allegations could be true. As a minister wanting to take a look at what exactly is going on around here, I was very angry to be disallowed from doing my job.”

She took a second to let her words sink in to the audience, giving a side-eye to President Felix to her left.


"Do you really think that's true?" Pinkie asked.

"Humans enslaving ponies? As if," Rainbow said with a dismissive chuckle.

"Forced labour of prisoners of war and slavery are two different though similar things. We can just hope that those allegations are wrong, and that they aren't subjecting innocent ponies to such brutality," answered Applejack.

"But that still begs the question of what exactly they're hiding up there. It could be important," said Twilight.

"Or maybe they just want to keep their people safe," suggested Fluttershy.

"That would make sense, but safe from what? They had an established camp that had a nearly impenetrable defence, and if somepony somehow made it across their fences and they took them down, they could easily retreat back down into Utopia, which does have an impenetrable defence," said Twilight.


"I do not want to rule over everything and everyone,” she explained. “I don't want to conquer anyone. I would like to help everyone if possible. I would like to help all the species of this world, whether it be human, pony, minotaur, and every other sapient species who deserve the same rights as us. We all want to help one another, that's how we are made. We can still help the ponies get past slavery and coexist alongside us. We have to at least try and do this without anyone else having to get hurt, and considering recent events, it does not look like the current regime is interested in doing that," Olesia said.


"Do you guys really think that's possible? That we can coexist with them?" asked Fluttershy.

"Well, that depends on who they choose," Rarity replied.

"After what they did, I highly doubt that. They are far too evil to live alongside us. And they can't just get away with what they did without consequences," said Twilight.


"Considering the actions we’ve already known this... regime to have taken, the relations between us and the creatures of today’s planet are undoubtedly strained. However, I believe the Earth has room for everyone so it won't be a hassle to find a place to settle that we wouldn't have to conquer. Even after the rest of humanity is liberated and slavery made illegal once again, there is now than enough room for the over one and a half billion people who will live alongside us and adopt our mannerisms. The world is bountiful and can provide for all of us, and if we were to help the ponies by giving them some of our technology for them to obtain their own resources, the transition to a free society will go much more smoothly. We have developed machines that give us an abundance, so why keep that to ourselves? If we make peace with them, the world can become what it once was.

“They hate us because they fear us, and that fear is well placed as well considering what Vega did. In fact, the fact that we have genocide as an option is enough proof that perhaps they should fear us. People fear what they don't understand, and we can make them understand that what they are doing is wrong. They attacked us not out of spite, but because in their eyes, us and Vega are one and the same. They thought we would have done exactly what Mr. Vega did and start committing genocide against them once again. In this situation, as much as many will not want to admit, we, humanity, were the Nazis. The question is if the humanity of today is willing to follow in Vega’s footsteps. I honestly hope we do not, because if we wage war against them, regardless if we win or lose, we are no better than them," she paused for a moment to let her words sink in.


"Who or what is Vega?" asked Rarity.

"They did say corporation so I think it's some kind of company," suggested Pinkie.

"If what she’s saying is true, then I think we’re missing something about what exactly happened in the last war with humans,” said Twilight. “Why haven’t we heard of “Vega,” and what atrocities did they commit?”


Olesia continued.

"In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: "the Kingdom of God is within man" - not one man nor a group of men, but in allmen! In you! We have the power - the power to use machines that can bring life or bring death. We have the power to both help others and harm others. We have the power to create happiness! The suffering of the old world is gone. We have another chance, a chance to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world in which there need not be any more suffering. A world in which there need not be any needless killing. We are already safe within our bunker. We are well defended. They pose no threat to us, they can't even get in. So why should we even go on the offensive?"


"Well said. Very well said," Rarity stated as she clapped.

"Yeah, well… except for that fact that we'll take them down the moment we get the chance," said Rainbow.

"They're far too dangerous to live with us," Twilight said. "However, like it or not, the results of this election will likely impact how Utopia is going to proceed moving forward. If this one wins, she seems like the type of person who would let us go. Plus, it will gives us more time to figure out how to counter everything Utopia has.”


Olesia began to wrap up her speech.

"So, if you want this new world to be a peaceful one, without the horrors of war of our old world, if you don't want any more unnecessary deaths, if you want to use this second chance we have to make this world one of peace and prosperity rather than one of war and destruction, than choose me. This election may very well define humanity’s place in the order of this new world, and I hope we will choose the option that will involve the least amount of misery for all parties involved. Thank you."

The entire room politely clapped, with even a few giving some whistles, showcasing their agreement with what she just said.


"Well, that looks like a good sign for her, right?” Fluttershy asked. “I really hope they listen to her. They're doesn't need to be any needless fighting since this whole thing seems to be a misunderstanding. If she wins, what she spoke about might actually come true and we could have peace between Equestria and Utopia," said Fluttershy.

"Oh, we’ll have peace alright, but that ain’t gonna happen until we've captured every last one of them," said Applejack, to which Fluttershy actually looked mildly disturbed.

"Like it or not, Olesia winning would be the best option for Equestria,” Twilight explained. “If Felix wins, things will be a bit more complicated. We’ll need to find a way to escape and warn Equestria, because Felix will likely want to declare war as soon as possible, and if they attack now, then Equestria might not be able to deal with them without us.”

"Come on, we have around three billion people on our side, and two billion slaves which we can use to produce weapons,” Rainbow Dash argued. “They don't stand a chance.”

"And they have machines that can produce machines that could destroy us," Twilight said, "If Felix wins and really wishes to wage war against us, there won't be any winners. Even with a victory, there will still be heavy casualties.”


"Thank you, Minister Olesia,” Cooper began to move the proceedings along. “Acting President Felix, the floor is now yours.”


"Do you think Felix is going to want to launch a counterattack if he wins?" Fluttershy asked in worry.

"We can only hope that the princesses are prepared,” Twilight assuaged Fluttershy’s worries as best she could. “Hopefully I can convince them to let me come with them and try to escape, or at the very least, try to come up with a deal that would benefit both them and whoever it is they're attacking so they wouldn't need to fight.”

"Why wouldn't you want them to fight?” Applejack questioned. “They might be able to defend themselves or drive em' off. Even if they got some fancy schmancy technology, they're only human after all.”

"True, but that technology is clearly capable of some monstrous deeds, considering it let them massacre thirty-thousand trained soldiers without losing a single one of their own,” Twilight explained. “The way I see it, we’d need an army about five times the size of the last in order to stand a chance. As it stands now, the best case scenario is that we manage to take down a few of the humans, but if that happens, we might provoke them into using more dangerous weapons…”

“When the army sent by Celestia attacked, they said they only used a fraction of their power. If that’s true, then if we start to gain any kind of advantage, it'll only make them angrier, and they'll use more force," Twilight continued. She didn't know if they were telling the truth about that really being just a mere fraction of their power, but if they were… she dared not think about what else they could do.


"Thank you, Mr. Cooper," the acting president's voice came from the TV, attracting the attention of everyone in the auditorium.

"I will concede my opponent on the fact we have been less transparent on the happenings on the surface than we would like to be. However, I assure everyone that this is only done in the name of our species’ security,” Felix said before pausing to let the audience know he was thinking about these words carefully.

“Look, I appreciate Minister Olesia’s campaign for peace,” Felix explained. “Considering I only just assumed the office as Acting President not too long ago, a peaceful interaction with the new species of this world would have honestly made my job a heck of a lot easier, and I would've had to do much, much less paperwork. Unfortunately, the ponies made it very clear to us their intentions when they sent an army right to our doorstep unprovoked. We tried to limit as many casualties as possible, but the more we held back, the more their army began getting the upper hand. We had to do what we had to do to defend Utopia, and unfortunately that had to include the deaths thirty-thousand ponies you’ve been hearing about on the news. Honestly, I still look back and wish that things could have gone differently, but war is a zero-sum game, and I’d rather see humanity come out on top rather than letting our second chance to thrive as a species get nipped in the bud.”

"Regardless of how cute or innocent these creatures may appear visually…” Felix continued


"Excuse me?!" Rainbow Dash shouted at the TV.

"Fight me like a stallion and I'll show ya cute!" said Applejack.


"… they are just as capable of vile acts of bigotry and violence as any of our own forefathers. They believe that the actions of those that have long since passed justify their act of enslaving the entire human species, which we now learned they have done for generations. Regardless of color, character, or creed, the entire living human population that was not in our fair city became second-class citizens, forced to endure the discrimination and abuse that we learned about in our history books. And just like in the annals of history, the masters did not consider their slaves… for lack of a better word… human.” Felix explained.


"I'm pretty sure we consider them human," Rarity stated.

"And I'm not even sure why they wanna be considered human. It's an insult!" said Applejack.


“For a millennia, we’ve slept under the surface, waiting for the chance to return and reclaim our world once more. We weren’t there for our fellow man as they became enslaved, but if I am elected to a full term, then that changes today. No longer would we sit idle as the rest of our species suffers. Utopia is the last bastion of human evolution that began millions of years ago in Africa and has spread to the vast corners of the Earth. Now, it is time to do so again, if only to at least spare the descendants of those we had to leave behind from subjugation.”

There were some “here here!”s heard amongst the crowd of ministers.


"If this is what humans could evolve into, than it’s a mighty good thing we subjugated them when we did!" Applejack yelled at the screen.

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash voiced her agreement.

"They're proud of their race,” Twilight observed. “They think that just because they managed to spread across the world once that they rule over it. We'll have to show them that they don't, if only to protect our people.”


“I don’t like the prospect of a war so soon after waking up just as much as anyone might, but we are an unknown quantity to the creatures of this world. If we do nothing, then that will only embolden them further. It doesn't even have to be a massive attack; we just have to show them who we are and what we're capable of. The world leaders and our combined military forces are strategizing as we speak on a prospective response, and while I cannot discuss specifics, I can assuage my opponent in that the thought of genocide is the furthest thing from our minds. Ideally, we will get them to surrender before any more needless deaths are suffered, both for us and for them. With every action we take, we demand the release of all humans currently enslaved into our custody and continue military engagement as needed if our singular goal is not met," Felix informed the ministers.


"Wait wait wait, what's this about giving them a chance to surrender? I thought the attack was confirmed, and that I was going to get an all you can eat buffet!" Tirek pointed out.

"It is confirmed.” Eris explained. “Uncle Felix is just saying it like this so it is easier for people to support it. Besides, do you think the Equestrians will willingly give up their slave labor without a fight?"

"Hmm… I guess not…" Tirek conceded.

"Exactly! So, by the time they finally come to terms with the fact that they stand no chance, we'll have already conquered half of Equestria! By then, it'll be too late, and we would settle for nothing less than an unconditional surrender, which will result in their leaders imprisoned and a complete annexation of their territories, and you guys will get what you want," Eris explained.

"I like the way they think!" Chrysalis, surprisingly, complemented them. Tirek and Cozy Glow looked at her in surprise while Eris simply had a smirk of satisfaction.

"What? You're looking at me as if I've grown a second head or something, and it's been a few years since I last did that," she said.

"No, not that. Did you just…" Cozy Glow trailed off.

"Did you just compliment them?" Eris asked, her smirk indicating she already knew the answer.

"Heh. You're acting as if I've never complimented any pony before," she replied.

"That's because you haven't," Cozy Glow replied.

"I'm pretty sure I have," she said, looking towards Tirek for confirmation, who looked to be trying very hard to think of an appropriate situation, and failing.

Eris just refocused her attention back to her Uncle, but not before getting one last word in trio Chrysalis.

“I figured we’d impress you eventually,” she said.


"As simple as my opponent might make the diplomatic approach seem, it is unfortunately not the reality we find ourselves in. If this wasn’t the only way to free our people from their oppression, I would go with the alternative option. I can never apologize for the truth. I don't mind apologizing for things, but I can't apologize for the truth, and the truth is, unfortunately, given our current information, there is none," Felix explained.


"Well, I guess it isn't propaganda if it's the truth… kind of…" Cozy Glow stated.


"We were once a great species… the greatest species. If we are to establish ourselves in this world once again, to reclaim our positions as the dominant species, we cannot allow attacks against our home to go unpunished. They think themselves as superior because they do not know anything else. Compared to the human race, Equestrians are children, and when children act out, they have to be disciplined for their own good.”


"Did he just… insult me?" Cozy Glow asked, eye twitching with anger.

"Well, that depends,” Eris replied. “Do you consider yourself Equestrian?"

"I mean… I guess maybe? I don't know! All ponies are from Equestria, even our more foreign states are considered part of Equestria, like Saddle Arabia. But I was imprisoned, exiled. So, I don't know…" Cozy Glow answered.

"And who took you in when they wouldn't?" Eris asked, "You're one of us now, Cozy Glow. You're on the right side, the winning side."


“So, let us free our brothers and sisters from bondage and show Equestria and beyond just what the human race is capable of!” Felix began to wrap up, his voice rising every sentence. “Show them that this world has, and always will be, our world! Show them that there is a reason why the human race became the dominant species. Vote for me, and I shall make humanity great again!" he announced grandly.

The room erupted into fervent applause. Felix glanced back at Olesia with a confident smirk on his face.


“This isn’t good,” Twilight said, disturbed by just how much enthusiastic applause Felix received.

As the applause died down, Lester Cooper was heard once more.

“Thank you, Acting President Felix,” Cooper said. “With that, this election is now in the hands of the ministers. Ministers, you have ten minutes to cast your votes. When we come back on UNN, Don Carlson and our UNN correspondents in the studio react to the speeches from both candidates and later, we will reveal the election results. We’ll be right back.”

Author's Note:

Long story short, I can't write much this time. My momentary disappearance was just me taking a break for a few months cuz I felt burned out. I'm sorry to say that he next chapter is not coming any time soon as well. I've just gotten a major surgery done with at least a months time of recovery. I'm currently in a lot of discomfort and just not in the mood for writing, so I'll get back to the story once I've recovered. Sorry to keep y'all waiting so long, but here's the new chapter! Hope you guys enjoy it