• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 10,415 Views, 2,834 Comments

Shouldn't have enslaved humanity [OLD VERSION] - NoobMaster69



In 2018, a radioactive asteroid was discovered heading towards Earth. By 2027, the UN had built a bunker to hold 400,000 people and Cryogenics were used to keep humanity frozen for 1,000,000 years. When they awoke, they found the survivors enslaved.

  • ...
102
 2,834
 10,415

The adventures of woman-thing

Considering she was just waking up from a millenia-long slumber, one might forgive Eris Constantine for her first thought being that her soul was being sucked out by the devil himself.

He did fit the description: red body, horns, and, of course, the soul-sucking.

Thus, she immediately tried to recoil from the centaur on reflex. However, all she did was slightly push back against the padding of the cryo pod.

Upon the completion of his task, Tirek ceased absorbing the chaos magic, leaving Eris gasping for breath after receiving quite the wake-up call.

“What… the fuck… did you do to me?” Eris gasped.

"Honey, language!" Atticus sternly reprimanded instinctively.

"It has been done," Tirek said, before stepping away from the pod.

"What’s been done?" Eris asked aloud. She took stock of her surroundings and noticed her father nearby.

“Dad, what did this thing do to me?” she asked, her breathing quickening in order to fit the sentence in between gasps of breath.

Atticus rushed to his daughter's side, cutting in front of Tirek who looked rather insulted at being called a “thing.”

"Relax, sweetie,” the former president soothed. “Heis Tirek. He’s a friendly and he just saved your life,” Atticus explained.

Chrysalis and Cozy Glow looked slightly confused at the word “friendly.”

"I was dying?!" Eris shouted, reevaluating the fact that she had just gone through a near-death experience, her breath quickening.

"Don’t worry, sweetie,” Atticus reassured. “You're perfectly safe now, okay?" Atticus reassured.

Eris looked around, still in a panicked state, until she eventually noticed she was surrounded by scientists who were all staring at her. What was even stranger was that all of the world leaders were present as well. She didn't question it, thinking they had probably just had a meeting and decided to come along, but she did find it odd. With the knowledge that she wasn't in any immediate danger, her breathing began to slow down, the adrenaline wearing off.

“See,” Atticus reassured again. “Everything’s fine. You’re fine. Okay?”

“Okay,” Eris meekly said as her breathing began to slow back down to that of an average person again.

No longer in a state of fight or flight, she slowly leaned forward to embrace her father.

"So, wasn’t it like the blink of an eye?" Atticus asked.

"Not… exactly,” Eris said, trying to recall the feeling. “It was more like sleeping, but I guess sleeping is pretty much the same."

She released herself from the hug and shifted her attention towards Felix.

"Hey Uncle Felix," she said to him.

"Hey, Peanut,” Felix responded.

Felix approached the pod to give Eris a quick hug, but unfortunately there was still business that needed to be attended to.

“I’m sorry if anything that happens in the next hours or so is overwhelming, but we have a lot to talk about," he said, followed by helping her out of the pod.

"As long as I can get out of this suit first," she requested, "It's feeling a lot tighter than when I first wore it. Did I still grow while I was frozen?"

"Like I said, we have a lot to talk about," Atticus told her, "And yes, of course you can change yourself into something more comfortable."

"Alright," she said as she turned towards the exit. "I'll just - " it was then that she spotted Chrysalis and Cozy Glow, with Tirek standing beside them.

"Dad… isn’t hallucinations one of cryosleep’s side effects?" Eris asked, perplexed why she was still seeing the trio.

"Well yes, hallucinations are one of the side effects of cryosleep,” Atticus replied. “But I assure you, these creatures are as real as you and me. They are, well, for lack of a better term, aliens.”

Eris just stood there and stared at the trio. She had no idea what they were and despite two of them looking rather dangerous, especially the bug horse, they made no aggressive actions. Instead, they just stared back at her. They seemed to be just as surprised to see her as she was to see them.

"Aliens?" Eris repeated as she exited the cryo chamber, pressing the implications of the word.

"Like I said, we have a lot to talk about," Felix reminded her.

"An actual draconequus…" Chrysalis said in an amazed tone as she stared at Eris, "You really were telling the truth."

“You know, for a split second, I thought you were a sleep paralysis demon,” Eris remarked at Tirek, now getting the chance to get a good look at him with a sound mind. Once again, Triek just looked confused.

“Should I be proud or offended right now?” Tirek asked, though no one really entertained him with a response.

“Right then… step one, get changed, step two, get something to eat," Eris told him. “ I haven’t had an American-style cheeseburger in a million years and I am cravin’ one.

"Wouldn’t you like to see your mother first, at least after you get changed?" Atticus asked.

"It’s not that I don’t love Mom, but if I go 10 more minutes without eating something, I’m gonna get hangry" she replied. "Do we need to go home to change?”

"Nope, we brought a change of clothes right here," said Atticus, pointing to one of the desks.

"Good,” Eris grabbed her clothes and headed for the nearest washroom, "I'll be back. The sooner I can get some food, the better."


"We’ll need to check her radiation levels before she leaves," said Keifer, "If the radiation's not out of her system, she's going to need to get back in the pod right away."

"It is out," Tirek reassured, "I'm certain of it."

"I'm not doubting your abilities in radiation removal, but we've still got to run our tests." Keifer replied.

"Fair enough," Tirek told him.

"The three of you can take your leave now," PM Jack shifted his attention towards the villain trio.

"What?" Cozy Glow asked in confusion.

"He means wait outside," Osas informed them and pointed towards the two grand doors that led into the chamber, "Right outside the door."

"And don't go wandering around, PM Mateo warned. “Utopia is a big place, even our own people would've gotten lost a few times if it weren't for Alise.”

"That and people are probably going to freak out if they see you just waltzing around unsupervised," Alexi added.

"I wish to see the tests," Chrysalis stated, which caught the world leaders and scientists off guard for a moment.

"Sorry?” Felix asked.

"I wish to be present when you perform your tests on the girl," Chrysalis said.

"I don’t see why not,” Felix acquiesced.

"Mr. President, are you sure that's a good idea?" Jack asked.

"Relax Jack, we're all on the same side now," Felix turned towards the villains. "Right?"

The trio nodded in affirmation.

"See? Nothing to worry about,” Felix reassured. “Besides, they're going to bear witness to a lot more than our testing equipment if they stick around. It's not like them knowing how we run our tests is going to be a detriment to us.”

"Fair enough," Jack relented.

"So doctor, what have you recorde - " Felix was cut off by a screaming teenage girl.

"Daaaaaaaaaaaad!" Eris shouted as she once again entered the chamber, unchanged.

"What the hell did that fuckingpod or that fuckingalien do to me?" she said as she approached Atticus. “Either I’m still hallucinating or that thing changed me into a fucking Picasso.”

“Language,” Atticus muttered, though he couldn’t really blame her for that one. It was obvious what she was talking about. He hoped he would get more time to think about how he was going to explain everything to her.

"It wasn’t the pod that did this, sweetie,” Atticus replied, electing to just come right out and say it. “You were… mutated by chaotic radiation.”

"Well how the fuck did that happen?!" Eris asked. “Seriously, am I gonna die? I don’t feel like I’m gonna die, yet I really fucking look it.”

"No, sweetie, no, you’re not gonna die. Tirek made sure of that," Atticus nodded towards Tirek, "In fact it'll be the exact opposite. You'll be better than ever!"

"How in the shit is this better?!” Eris's eyes began to tear up. "I look like a zoo got fused together! Just tell me if I’m gonna die! I can take it!"

"No, Eris, you are not," said Keifer, interjecting. "Usually, chaotic radiation mutates human cells at such a rapid pace that the body can’t handle it and kills it. You survived because your cryosleep reduced the rate of mutation to less than 0.1 percent the normal rate. However, your cells still mutated, thus…" he gestured towards Eris with both hands, "... your appearance."

Eris took a moment to properly feel her new body. The colour of her skin looked like that of an alien from Star Wars, with it being a dark shade of pink rather than that of a regular caucasian. Her face itself was much rounder than how she remembered it, with the only exception being her arms and legs. She no longer had a nose and mouth, now having a sharp yellow beak in its place. She no longer had ears as well, with both of them being replaced with ram horns that were far too ‘curly’, though she could still hear perfectly. Both her arms remained completely unchanged, with them still being regular human arms without any weird colours. Her legs however were no longer human legs, now having been replaced with the legs of some kind of bird, having only three toes and sharp talons on the end which curved inward. That was when she noticed something else, something much odder that everything else. She now had what seemed to be bat-like wings on her back. She gave her wings a little flutter and surprisingly, they moved.

"Am I even human anymore?” Eris absently said.

“No, Eris. You are so much more,” Keofer explained. "If empirical evidence is correct, your condition has given you many abilities far beyond humanity’s capabilities!"

“Okay….” Eris said, not really knowing what that meant specifically. “…and….?”

“You basically have superpowers now, peanut,” Uncle Felix chimed in.

"So… what?” Eris asked. “Am I some kind of Woman-Thing now, or something?”

“Look, why don't you go get changed and freshen yourself up?” Atticus suggested. “We can all talk about this back at home with your mother," Atticus told her.

"Dad, I think I have a right to know what on God’s green earth I turned into," Eris said with a slight sternness in her tone.

"There’s a lot to talk about," Atticus said.

"We have a lot of time," Eris countered.

Atticus sighed once again. "May I speak with her privately?" Atticus asked Felix.

"Go ahead, we'll be back in an hour," Felix replied. "And after you have your talk, Keifer needs to run his tests," he reminded, before leading all those present out of the chamber.


"So, what now?" PM Mateo asked.

"Firstly, we should get these three situated," Bjorn gestured to Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow.

"Quite right," PM Jack said. "I'll make a call and get some rooms prepared. First, however, are you hungry?"

"I could eat," said Cozy Glow.

"Quite," Tirek replied.

"I'm not hungry yet, but it's not like you will be able to provide me with sustenance anyway," said Chrysalis.

"Ah yes… speaking of sustenance, our intel tells us you can 'feed' on… love, somehow," Felix said, as if it was completely ridiculous. "How often do you eat?"

"An average pony can last me about a week before it's completely drained,” Chrysalis answered. “Why do you ask? Are you offering?"

"Considering the amount of POWs we have, I think we can,” Felix replied.

“Would everyone be alright with Chrysalis being given access to one pony a week for her sustenance?”

None of the world leaders objected.

“Alright, with that taken care of, we can take the three of you to one of our finest restaurants where you can have your meal, followed by being brought to your rooms. We'll meet you once we're free for further discussion, as well as that lie detector test," said PM Jack, before shifting his attention towards the ones escorting them.

"Take them to the penthouse and get them something to eat. Remember, no meat. Don’t want a repeat of what happened with Twilight’s group," he ordered, and they began walking away. "Oh, one more thing," they paused as he spoke, "Get those shock collars off of them, they’re not necessary anymore."

“With that out of the way…” Osas got the others’ attention, “I believe we have an enemy leader to interrogate.”

“Ah yes, I forgot about him. Well then, let’s go see him,” said Alexi, and they all began making their way towards the room in which Steel Horn was held.


Steel Horn was pacing back and forth. He had woken up about thirty minutes ago and had found himself in a bedroom, which was completely empty apart from having a single bed in the corner. What was even stranger was that the room had no visible doors or windows.

What was he doing in here? Were the First Humans just leaving him in here to starve?

Before his thoughts could go further into their downward spiral, he finally heard something coming from behind him and turned around. What he saw left him completely confused.

Part of the wall slid inwards, followed by sliding to the side, revealing two helmeted humans with guns pointed right at him. That was the only thing that kept him from charging right at them.

"Put your hands on your head and turn around," one of them ordered.

"Who the buck are you?" Steel Horn asked.

"Now!" The other one shouted. Left with no other option, Steel Horn reluctantly complied with their demands.

"Walk towards the wall and face it," one of them instructed and Steel Horn complied.

"Do you have any weapons on you?" One of them asked.

"Well, seeing as you took everything I own, no, I do not," Steel Horn answered.

He heard one of them walking up to him. The man then patted him down and checked his pockets. His armour had been removed and only his clothes were on now. "He's clear," the voice said after he was done and walked away, followed by walking back a few seconds later.

"I'm going to be putting something around your neck. No funny business," he instructed, followed by fitting him with a metal 'necklace'. "Now, some very important people are about to meet you, and if you don't want any trouble, you'll behave. Understood?"

"It's not as if I have a say in the matter," Steel Horn replied with venom in his voice.

"That's right," the man told him, "You don't." And with that, both men left the room.

With all of that over, Steel Horn turned around, preparing to make a dash out of the room. He heard some people talking outside, and since it seemed they were distracted, this was the perfect opportunity.

Before he could run however, several men, and a woman, in suits began entering the room. Now having to take more time to think things over, he reasoned that he probably couldn't take all of them on at once. Even if he could, there would no doubt be more guards outside, and they were probably armed with guns as well. He decided to wait a little longer until a better opportunity presented itself.

"What do you want from me?" Steel Horn growled. The men just stood there and stared at him for a moment, before one of them spoke up.

"Last I checked, you all were the ones that attacked us" Aladeen asked in mock confusion, "So shouldn't we be asking you that question?"

"Of course, we attacked you!” Steel Horn fired back. “You honestly think we would just sit around until you inevitably came for us?! We already know you were First Humans, but Vega never had anything like what I saw out there, at least to that magnitude. So, are you Vega or somecreature else?" Steel Horn asked.

"Some… creature?" PM Jack asked, "I understand that there might be some change in the English language in the past millennia, but it’s not like the term ‘somebody’ can’t also be used in that situation, right?"

"Look, I’m not a fan of how it sounds myself, but we only coined it because it was the most generalised term one,” Steel Horn explained.

“We actually used to say ‘everybody.’ Know why we changed it?” Steel Horn’s voice lowered into a growl. “It's because we didn't want to be referred to by a word used by a race of slaves! One that's only use is to be treated like dirt!"

"I have to applaud your audacity," Alexi began clapping his hands, "Do you really think it would be a good idea to insult us, considering your position?"

"I wasn't insulting you, I was describing you," Steel Horn retorted.

"You better watch yourself, minotaur" Alexi said, also growling slightly. "Anything that you say in here could lead your people not to be looked on very fondly in the eyes of Utopia."

"Alexi, calm down. There's no reason to get all worked up over nothing," Felix told him.

"Stay out of this, Felix,” Alexei countered. “You Americans might tolerate this, but not Russians. I don’t think our guest properly grasps that we could blow his country to kingdom come if we so choose."

"Well it’s not like he knows we have 50,000 nukes at our disposal," Felix reasoned with him.

"Ha!" Steel Horn guffawed at the notion. "Now that’s a lie if I ever heard one. No one could possess that many world enders. Even the corporation only had a few."

"World… enders…," said Mingzhe, trying the name on for size. “Fitting, honestly.”

"I assure you, we do have that many… world enders… and the only reason we're not using them is because you haven't made us mad enough yet,” Osas warned. “So, I recommend you choose your words wisely.”

"Whatever… so what do you humans want with me?" Steel Horn asked.

"Right now, nothing,” Mingzhe explained. “You are an enemy leader, so you are a prisoner of war for the moment. Once the time comes though, we will want to negotiate with you soon," said Mingzhe.

"There's nothing to negotiate. I want all of you dead or enslaved, and I won't settle for anything less," said Steel Horn.

"You say that like you know us… you talk as if you have the capabilities to defeat us," said Osas, "I don’t think we saw the same battle outside.”

"So what if you have more weapons?” Steel Horn fired back. “We defeated you before, we can do it again.”

"That would be true, if it weren’t for the massive difference numbers,” Felix explained. “Tell me, how many of us do you think there are?" Felix asked.

"No more than 10,000," Steel Horn replied.

"Try 400,000," Felix said, and Steel Horn's eyes widened, "And if you thought the Vega Corporation was a difficult enemy. They were just a fraction of what Utopia is capable of."

"I sincerely doubt that," Steel Horn said.

"We can show you around, if you like. I’m sure that might change your mind,” Felix said. “For now, we’ll leave you to contemplate what you would do on the off chance we are telling the truth.”

The leaders then vacated the room soon after.


"Well, looks like you've been busy while I've gone," Eris said, wrapping her mind around her father’s recap of the past couple of days.

"Only for the first day or two, because… well… y'know what happened," said Atticus, "I hope you don't hate Felix for supporting my impeachment."

"If I were in either you or Uncle Felix’s shoes, I would have done the same thing," said Eris. “I appreciate the lengths you went to, but did you really have to go and do that?”

"You're right, and I know that now,” Atticus said. “That's why I'll have to accept whatever punishment comes my way. I just hope they won't be too harsh.”

"I doubt it,” Eris answered. “Your daughter was dying and the rest of them wanted you to sit back and watch. You were just being a father before being the President, which I couldn’t ask for anything more. I’m sure they get it, too. The most you'll get is a simple slap on the wrist, I’m sure."

"I hope so," Atticus said.

"So, how did you know about the Surface Massacre if you weren’t the president?" Eris asked. She hadn't thought about it before, just noticing it now.

"Some pilots leaked information to the media,” Atticus replied. “Not ideal, but I’m glad it allowed me to know how it all turned out.”

"So, how are everyone else taking it?" Eris asked.

"Well, some are already whipping out Nazi comparisons and that we’re trying to commit genocide. They’re mostly advocating for a diplomatic approach to these new peoples. The supporters are kind of split: some say they agree because we were fighting in self-defense, while others are saying they deserve it for enslaving our kind, which also somehow got leaked, and sometimes both.”

That was when the Utopian leaders began heading back into the chamber.

"Is Eris up to speed yet, Atticus? Has Keifer finished with his tests?" Felix asked as he approached the duo.

"Yeah, Doctor Keifer just completed his tests a few minutes ago," Eris answered for him. “We’re just waiting for the okay.”

"Excellent. So, Eris, I assume your father told you about the impeachment… and the role I played in it?”

"Don’t worry, Uncle Felix. I get it," Eris told Felix. “You did what you thought you needed to do. I would have done the same thing in either of your shoes.”

"Well, despite his rash actions, I see now that they came from perceptive thinking. I honestly might have done the same thing too, Felix told her.

"So, does that mean you forgive him?" Eris asked.

"I have… Felix looked towards Atticus with a friendly smile, "I already know I want to pull a Ford and pardon you, but I don’t want to do it now in case it looks upon me unfavorably with the reelection. Once I win, though, I promise it’ll be the first thing I do after the inauguration."

"That reminds me… who else is running?" Eris asked.

"Olesia,” Felix replied. “I know she commands a lot of influence among the Congress members, but I think my campaign is going to hold more water. Her platform is based on establishing peace, despite the hostility we’ve been shown. As much as I wanted to do things peacefully, we have to establish dominance over the other races if we are to carve a place for ourselves in the geopolitics of this time. Plus, we have the moral high ground here. We offered them peace and they shoved it right back into our faces, and if they don't want to talk things out, then we’ll make them realize we’re better off being talked too," Felix explained.

"From what I’ve seen, Felix is leading the polls at the moment," Atticus added.

"Well, now that I’m caught up, I think I’m ready to see mum now. I'm sure she's worried about me," Eris asked.

"We’ll do that just as soon as we hear back from Dr. Keifer," said Atticus. “We just want to make sure you’re good to go.”

"Tell your mother I said ‘Hello,’ and be sure to rest up, Peanut,” Felix said. “We have a busy day tomorrow.”

“Really?” Eris asked.

Felix nodded in confirmation. “Remember those superpowers I mentioned?”

Eris nodded.

"Well, tomorrow, we’re going to go up to the surface to test them out!”" Felix told Eris enthusiastically, hoping to get his practical niece excited at the idea of testing out her new abilities. However, instead, her face showed more trepidation than anything.

"Are you sure it’ll be safe to do that?" Eris said, looking at herself. “I don’t exactly know what I’m capable of just yet. I don’t wanna laser-eye somebody or something.”

"That's why you'll have three perfectly good teachers," said Felix.

Author's Note:

Hello. I need reviews, suggestions, and comments. Lots of comments. I really enjoy reading them, and I read all of them.

And also as usual, a very special thank you to FanficReader920 for helping edit. He's the man.