• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 10,413 Views, 2,834 Comments

Shouldn't have enslaved humanity [OLD VERSION] - NoobMaster69



In 2018, a radioactive asteroid was discovered heading towards Earth. By 2027, the UN had built a bunker to hold 400,000 people and Cryogenics were used to keep humanity frozen for 1,000,000 years. When they awoke, they found the survivors enslaved.

  • ...
102
 2,834
 10,413

In the blink of an eye

Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow shielded their eyes from the bright light upon stepping out of the tent. The dozens of spotlights set up several meters high on large metal poles lit up the entire camp. The trip witnessed hundreds of humans running about between hundreds of different tents.

There were several ponies visible as well, wearing shock collars just as they had. Unlike them, however, the imprisoned ponies were organized in lines with gun-wielding humans guarding them. In the distance, several hundred meters away, a tall metal fence surrounded the camp with even more guards patrolling the outskirts.

Almost all eyes turned onto the group as they made their way through the camp. A creature as large as Tirek certainly helped attract attention. While most of the humans stared at them with curiosity, the ponies had looks more akin to fear and confusion.

What caught the trio by surprise, however, is that the ponies actually had greater numbers, yet they weren't attempting to overpower their captors. It was the exact opposite actually, with the ponies looking defeated and having their will to fight completely sapped out of them.

"What happened to them..?" Cozy Glow whispered, though Major Abbott was still able to hear her.

"These are what remains of the Equestrian force that attacked us," he answered, "They came in the tens-of-thousands. And yet… these are all that’s left. We didn’t even suffer any casualties. It’s sad, really."

"Lies," Chrysalis stated simply.

"Pardon?" The major asked.

"You're lying,” the deposed changeling queen repeated. “You expect me to believe that you decimated an entire army, tens of thousands strong, without suffering a single casualty?"

"Just goes to show you what a likely centuries-wide technology gap can do," said Abbott.

"Even with all your technology, how could you possibly avoid any casualties?" Tirek asked.

“Quite simple, actually,” Abbot explained. “We used those bad boys over there.”

Abbot gestured to a small clearing between tents, where the trio saw the flying objects they had encountered earlier, though they were not in flight at this moment and appeared to be wired up to some kind of large box.

"Those are our drones,” Abbot elaborated. “We have a highly skilled force of pilots remotely operating them within Utopia itself.”

"What does 'remotely operated' mean exactly?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Geez, you really are primitive people, aren't you?" Abbott replied. “How do I put this? So, you know how unicorns can move things though the air with their horns? Replace “magic” with good ole electricity, and fill the thing up with guns up the wazoo, and you have a drone.”

As the group continued to make their way through the camp, a pattern was beginning to emerge. All of the imprisoned ponies were being segregated by subspecies. Earth ponies were with earth ponies and unicorns were with unicorns. Despite actively trying, Cozy Glow could not find a single Pegasus, prompting her to wonder if she was the only winged pony in the entire camp.

Soon enough, they made their way towards a particularly large tent.

“Wait here,” said Abbott before he entered the tent. He returned about a minute later.

"They're ready for you," he said, "No funny business, understood?"

They all boxed in response.

"Alright, go on in."

Upon stepping into the tent, the trio found a large round table, with ten chairs set around it. Seven of the chairs were occupied with humans of varying ethnicities all sitting beside each other in a row. The three closest chairs remained empty.

"Welcome," said a woman with a Chinese accent. “Please, have a seat," the woman gestured for the three empty chairs.

The trio silently sat down, and stared at the group ahead of them. All was still for a moment, as an awkward silence permeated the air, and the tension in the room rose.

"I sense a lot of tension in the air,” said PM Bjorn, breaking the silence. “The three of you need not worry, we aren't going to harm you.”

Chrysalis almost countered that with a “That’s rich,” but thought better of it. Whether she liked it or not, she did not have any leverage to work with at the moment, and she hated every second of it.

"Who are you?" Cozy Glow asked

"I don't believe we've met,” Alexei said. “We are the leaders of the last remaining nations of the human race.”

"Hold on, the last time we checked, wasn’t one of your leaders named Atticus?” Cozy Glow said.

"You would be correct,” Felix explained. “I have recently taken up the position for the time being," Felix explained.

"And why is that?" Tirek asked.

"Atticus made some… unwise decisions and that led to him being removed from power, or rather forced to resign," Felix replied.

“You all don’t seem like leaders to me,” Chrysalis was one step away from snarling.

"Excuse me?" King Osas asked.

"Your race is all brawn over brains,” Chrysalis explained. “It's what caused your race's downfall.”

"I have no idea where you heard that from, but I can assure you that is far from accurate,” Mateo explained. “While humanity does praise its strongest among them, the role of leader comes down more so to intelligence than anything.”

"So how exactly was your 'great species' reduced to this if you were so smart?" Chrysalis sarcastically asked.

"We can either keep talking about irrelevant topics or we can get down to business," said PM Jack impatiently.

"Fine," stated Tirek, "What do you want with us?"

"What we are asking of you is two-fold,” PM Bjorn explained. “One, we want Tirek to cure Eris of her radiation sickness. Two, we want to know how exactly you drained Discord of his “magic” and what it did to you. After you fulfill these tasks, you will no longer be considered prisoners and we may proceed with further discussion.”

Tirek thought for a moment. Obtaining the magic of a second draconequus… and she was about to be served up to him on a silver platter. He nearly started drooling just thinking about it, but he couldn’t, lest the humans realize how powerful chaos magic was and change their minds.

"Very well,” Tirek said. If it will lead to our release, I will comply.”

Chrysalis did not look all too enthused at the prospect of complying with the leaders’ requests. As for Cozy Glow, she was still trying to size up everyone at the table.

"Excellent!” Bjorn replied. “Now, if you don’t mind me asking, have you ever partially absorbed magic out of an individual?"

"Of course not!” Tirek asked. “If I absorb a creature’s magic, I make sure I get every last sliver of it.”

"Let me rephrase then," Bjorn asked. “Are you capable of partially absorbing magic out of an individual? If you are as powerful as you claim, then it should be no problem.”

"I don’t why one would do that, but I can if that is what’s required,” Tirek replied.

"Good, then you should have no trouble removing only five percent of the radiation in her system," stated Bjorn.

The centaur was hoping that comment did not mean what he thought it meant.

"If you thought that we were unaware of the abilities that a large dose of chaotic radiation provides an individual, then you are completely mistaken,” Bjorn explained.

It was exactly what he thought it meant.

“I’m afraid we cannot just allow you to run free with all of that chaotic radiation, Mr. Tirek,” Bjorn continued. “After some further study by Dr. Keifer, he has theorized that there must have been a certain point at which Eris’ body became strained due to overexposure to chaotic radiation. After further testing, we determined that the overexposure should be at around five percent. Any more than that and she likely would have perished already. So, you will remove only five percent of the radiation in her body, understood?"

Tirek pondered for a moment.

"No," he firmly refused. "If you want my help, I want all her magic. That's my price."

"I don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation you're in, Mr. Tirek," said Alexi. "You're in no position to be making demands. There are other methods we could be employing right now to ensure your cooperation, but we are not doing that because we want to work with you.”

"I think you'll find that if we wanted to, we could easily force him," said Alexei.

"And what exactly are these “other methods?" Chrysalis asked.

Aladeen began to open his mouth.

“We’re not torturing him, Aladeen,” Felix immediately put the idea down.

That sentence took Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow by surprise. Humans have been known to rape and murder, sure, but they had never been known to resort to something as brutal as torture. The fact that it was so casually mentioned might have been the most disturbing part though.

“Felix is right, we’re not going to resort to that,” Bjorn agreed. “We need your help, and we believe that if you help us, we can give you something in return as well,” said Bjorn, going along with his plan.

Felix took it from there.

“While you were unconscious, we gathered some intelligence from the prisoners about your previous escapades,” Felix explained. “All three of you have attempted a coup on Equestria at least once, and each time you were stopped by the so-called Elements of Harmony. Luckily for you, should you comply, you won’t have to worry about them anymore…”

Chrysalis was hoping he didn’t say what he thought was going to say.

“…because we also have them in our custody.”

“Oh, come on!” Chrysalis asked.

“How?” Tirek asked.

“You… what!?” Cozy Glow asked.

“I’m sure you recall, Mr. Tirek, that you suggested that one Twilight Sparkle, one of the Elements, can assist us with our plight,” Bjorn asked.

“I wasn’t being serious!” Tirek exclaimed.

“Well, after you pulled your little disappearing act, Atticus ordered Twilight Sparkle to be retrieved,” Bjorn explained. “However, she does not have the same expertise in draining magic as you do. So, we want to ask you again.”

“Well, I can’t just do this for my freedom,” Tirek countered. “If I can’t have all of Eris’ chaos magic, I need something else.”

“Alright, then how would you three like to actually succeed in your objectives to rule Equestria?” Bjorn asked.

That piqued the trio’s interest.

“You mean you want to help us take over Equestria?” Cozy Glow asked, confused.

“You misunderstand,” Bjorn corrected. “Once we’ve cleared the rubble from the main door and deployed the jets and tanks, Utopia will be able to invade Equestria with or without you.”

“So, why even ask us that?” asked Cozy Glow.

“What Equestria did when they attacked us was an act of war,” Bjorn explained. “They have made it clear that they are not interested in peaceful negotiations. It’s either us, or them. What we are offering you is the opportunity to be on the winning side…”

The trio still did not seem all too convinced.

“…and as they saying goes, ‘to the winner goes the spoils.’ Queen Chrysalis, so long as you maintain friendly relations with Utopia, we will re-install you as the ruler of the Changeling Kingdom.”

Chrysalis had an evil smirk on her face at the prospect of regaining her rightful title.

“Lord Tirek, so long as you pledge to not attack any Utopian lands, you can absorb magic of all four of the Alicorns and do with it what you please.”

Tirek licked his lips at the prospect of regaining his once massive stature.

“Miss Cozy Glow, since you are still young, we can give you the finest education that Utopia can provide, as well as a job within our ranks upon completion of said education. Though, if you wish to pursue other endeavors, so long as they don’t include any untoward action on Utopian lands, we will not stop you.”

The prospect of being the only pony in existence to know the ins-and-outs of human technology did sound quite enticing to the young pony.

“In addition, we have no interest in ruling Equestria, even if we have to resort to invasion,” Bjorn explained. “However, if you three wish to continue your activities against Equestria once we are finished, then we can provide you with all the resources you want to ensure your success.”

The trio were curious before, now Bjorn had their attention.

“All we ask is that you heal Eris and tell us how you defeated the draconequus,” Bjorn finished.

As much as Chrysalis hated the idea of being beholden to another power, the opportunity to get her kingdom back seemed like too good an offer to pass up. She and Cozy Glow turned and nodded their heads to Tirek, since the conversation pointed to him being the main speaker for the three of them collectively.

"We will require some time to think over your proposal, but since you are forcing us to assist you, I guess we don't have a choice," said Tirek. "When do we start?"

"Will you be able to extract Eris’ magic in Utopia, since magic is rendered ineffective within its walls?" Felix asked.

"The process of absorbing the magic of another creature is not actually powered by magic,” Tirek explained. “It's more of a transfer process which does not require any medium whatsoever.”

"Perfect,” Felix responded. “And Discord?”

“We simply worked together and were able to catch him off guard with three powerful energy blasts,” Tirek explained. “Once he had been hit, he fell into a daze-like state, and during that time, I used a spell of my own design to absorb his magic and split it amongst the three of us."

"Well… that sounds way too simple," said Osas, "It's not that we don't believe you, we just need to make sure, so you'll have to make your statement once again when we've hooked you up to the lie detector."

"Lie… detector?" Cozy Glow in a nervous tone, which was easily noticed by everyone else in the room.

"Well yes, it detects lies with a one hundred percent accuracy by literally scanning the neurons in the brain themselves, but you shouldn’t have anything to worry about, unless of course you're lying right now?” Aladeen asked with a sly smirk.

"W- what?! Of course not!" Tirek said worriedly.

"Then like we said, nothing to worry about!" PM Jack stated.


"Chrysalis, prepare to have your mind blown!" Cozy Glow prepared Chrysalis as the trio and the world leaders made their way into Utopia. The changeling was the only one amongst them that had not yet been inside.

"I'm sure that a hole in the ground built by humans isn't going to be all that exciting. It's probably like every other diamond dog den, dirty and crude," Chrysalis replied.

"Well, you'll see…" said Cozy Glow, before changing the subject.

"Do you think they’re actually going to keep their end of the deal?"

"Probably not,” Chrysalis replied.

"Even if they do, would we actually not attempt anything against them afterwards?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Goodness, no," Chrysalis explained.

"We already did it with Discord,” Tirek explained. “This will be no different.”


"So, what do you think? Like every other diamond dog den?" Cozy Glow asked Chrysalis, "I hate to say I told you so, but - "

"Then don't say it," Chrysalis quickly cut her off.

The changeling was becoming shocked at just how technically advanced humanity was.

"How is this even possible?” she wondered aloud. “An entire railway underground… and within a building as well," she said with awe.


They eventually made their way towards the cryo chamber in which Eris was being held, surrounded by a bunch of scientists.

"Keifer, we're here!" Felix called to him as the group approached.

"Ahh, world leaders. It's a pleasure to have you," he greeted. "Oh, and Tirek and Cozy Glow, along with the changeling queen I've heard so much about! A pleasure to have you, Fraulein Chrysalis," he looked to Tirek, "And you've decided to help us save the girl, yes?"

"You would be correct," Tirek asked.

“Excellent,” Keifer said, eager to begin. ”When shall we begin the rejuvenation process?"

"As soon as you're ready, doctor. We can even start now, but I'm assuming you probably wish to record the process?" Felix asked.

"Yes, and we should have a geiger counter brought here as well, one that measures both harmonic and chaotic radiation," Keifer answered.

"Very well, get your things in order and will begin as soon as possible," Felix ordered.

"Yes sir, of course," Keifer turned around and faced his legion of scientists. "You two, get me a geiger counter that can measure both harmonic and chaotic radiation.”

"Yes sir," they both said before scurrying away.

"You there!" Keifer pointed to one of the scientists, "Get me a latte with steamed Austrian goat milk with precisely five teaspoons of sugar."

"Right away, sir," he answered nervously, before leaving.


"So, Lord Tirek, are you ready?" Felix asked, "Remember, once we extract her from cryostasis, she doesn't have much time before she succumbs to the radiation sickness. Also, as a reminder, remove about five percent of the radiation within her. Are we clear?"

"Understood," stated Tirek, "Just beware that the process of stealing one's magic is quite uncomfortable, but harmless. Though for such a small amount, it'll probably be over before she can even feel it."

"Alright that's fine," said Felix before turning his attention towards the secret service agents, "How long until Atticus gets here?"

"He got off the train a few minutes ago," said one of the agents, "He should be arriving right about… now." And he was right, Atticus entered the cryo chamber at that moment, flanked by two soldiers who were guarding him. He was still under house arrest, and would only be let out through a direct order from Felix himself.

"Felix," Atticus greeted with a nod.

"Atticus," Felix returned the greeting.

“You look like you're doing….. well. Presidency suits you,” he remarked.

"Acting President,” Felix corrected. “We haven’t had the election yet. I had to push the congress meeting to tomorrow because of all that's happened.”

"Look, after things cooled down a bit, I just want to apologize for my actions. I fucked up. I was blinded by sadness and worry and…" he was cut off by an impatient prime minister.

"Excuse me gentlemen, could you do this another time? We're all waiting, and Tirek is ready to begin," PM Jack said impatiently.

"Right… yes of course," said Felix, before turning his attention towards Tirek.

"You ready?" He asked, to which Tirek nodded.

"Then you may commence the resuscitation procedure.”


“Is it gonna be painful, dad?” Eris asked. The activity within the cryo chamber was at its all time peak, the busiest it had ever been since Utopia had been built. Scientists and doctors were running back and forth, and the most important people in the world were about to be frozen for the next one million years.

“No, no. It’ll be completely painless,” Atticus replied.

“But I’m being frozen right? I’ve heard frostbite is extremely painful,” Eris said worriedly. She was extremely nervous about being frozen, especially since she had been reading all about what it feels like and how painful it was to actually be frozen to death.

“This isn’t frostbite, and you won’t even feel the cold. The pod will be pumped with some knockout gas, and you’ll only be frozen once you’re asleep. There’s completely nothing to worry about,” said Atticus. He thought about something he could do to ease his daughter’s fears. “Hey, you know what? Since we’re about to be frozen for a million years, you’ll be a million and sixteen years old once you wake up,” he said.

Eris gave a light chuckle. “I’ll be older than you and mum,” she said.

“Well, I’ll be a million and forty years old, and your mother as well,” he replied. "You gotta get in now," he said, "Your mother's already frozen you know."

"One million years," - she said as she entered - "That's a long time, and it worries me."

"Everyone's worried. Your mother's worried, the battle hardened soldiers are worried, the scientists are worried, even I'm worried," Atticus gave her a warm smile, "But there's no reason to be worried. It'll be over in the blink of an eye." He zipped up the suit to cover her face, and the world went dark as she began to slip out of consciousness.

She then began to gradually regain consciousness, and as she did, she heard a few indistinct voices speaking around her. She was still way too groggy to make out what they were saying however, but she expected that they were probably doctors.

She then felt… something. Eris felt something happening. She couldn’t tell what it was since it was like nothing she had ever felt before. She felt like a part of her soul was being ripped out of her. It didn’t hurt, but it did feel extremely uncomfortable, and extremely worrying. She tiredly opened her eyes, pushing through the pain of not giving them time to adjust to the light, and immediately came face to face with a ‘man’ covered in red fur with two horns that was... sucking out her soul?!

Author's Note:

Hey guys, back with another chapter after a two week wait. Sorry this took so long. For those of you who read my comment, you probably know why this took so long. I went to get my second dose recently and suffered some side effects (namely fever) and I didn't write for the next two days. My birthday also happened, and I took an additional day off. There were also some other unimportant issues as well. But don't worry, weekly updates will resume from now on.

The legion of doom is working with Utopia now… who would've guessed? Anyway, just a preview of some of the things I have planned since the first arc concluded last chapter. Tirek is obviously going to have to give up the details of the bell, which is gonna have some interesting results. Steel Horn is now in utopian custody, so that's gonna be interesting as well. I plan to have Eris speed up the clearance of the rubble so the big guns are gonna be coming out soon (heavy artillery, tanks, jets, ICBM's, satellites, nukes, and all that good stuff). There's gonna be tons of research done as well since they now have a plethora of test subjects to choose from and they're going to begin to understand magic better.I also plan to have all of the other nations of Equs begin mobilizing their armies in this chapter… or go the peaceful route and approach diplomatically, I haven't decided. There's also gonna be the next parliament meeting soon.

I hope your liked this chapter, and feel free to comment what you thought about this chapter as well as any ideas for future plot points. Constructive criticism is welcome and feel to critique my work as you see fit.