• Published 24th May 2021
  • 1,739 Views, 48 Comments

The Adventure of the Apex Legion (Old Version) - DeffBwade



A new pony arrives in Equestria and goes on an adventure like never before. (NOT a Dead By Daylight crossover)

  • ...
9
 48
 1,739

Chapter 7: First Day of School

I heard the sounds of chirping before I opened my eyes to see the sun rising outside the window. I slowly sat up and used my hooves to wipe the sleep from eyes. The clock showed that it was 7:00 A.M. Twilight told me last night that classes begin at 8:30. What should I do in the meantime? It's like I have my phone, video games, or even a TV to pass the time. Does this world even have any form of video games? If not, then I'm gonna go stir crazy. I'm a gamer after all. I gave myself a quick sniff before recoiling a bit in disgust. I need a shower.

I got off my bed and left the room, leaving my clothes behind because well, what's the point in doing so right now? I took an extra set of bandages though. Looking out of my room, I saw that nopony else was out and I heard the sounds of snoring coming from the other rooms. The others must still be asleep then. I walked out of the dorm rooms and went in the direction where Twilight pointed the shower rooms were at. I walked inside and turned on the lights. Thankfully, nopony was in there.

Now when it comes to showering, I'm really not comfortable doing so with other people around. I'd rather not shower than do it with others. Don't believe me? Story time then. A few years ago, back when I was in 7th grade, my entire class went on a field trip to a camp for a week. I had a great time there. I did many activities regarding teamwork, I did arts and crafts, and I decided to not do archery. Looking back now, that last one kind of makes me upset. At the camp, they had communal bathrooms, and to put it simply, well...

...

...I didn't shower that entire week. Call me disgusting if you want, I won't blame you, but I call it not wanting to be around other naked people. In due time, maybe I'll be comfortable showering here, even when there's other people because you know? They're ponies, well most of them, and they're all always naked? Yeah, it's best not to think about it.

I removed my bandages and moved to one of the shower heads and turned it on. The warm immediately attacked my body, making me give a sigh of relief. I picked up a nearby bar of soap and started scrubbing my fur. Remembering what Nurse Redheart said, I carefully scrubbed around the stitches. I then proceeded to scrub my mane, as well as my tail. Carefully, I scrubbed my wings next. After scrubbing the rest of my pony, I put the bar of soap back, being grateful I never dropped it, before letting the water rinse away all of the soap suds. I walked away from the shower heads to a mirror. I then grabbed a towel and started drying myself off, making sure to style my mane and tail back to the way they were. I put the towel in a nearby bin, put on some new bandages, and walked back to my room.

When I got back, I saw that clock said 7:20. Still got a little over an hour to spare, so I might as well get some more rest because why not?


55 minutes later

I awoke to the sounds of talking outside my room. I got off my bed looked at the clock. 15 minutes till classes start. I put on my clothes and grabbed my school supplies. There was a schedule as well. About 6 classes in total.

Class of Magic (Headmare Twilight): 8:30 A.M.-9:15 A.M.
Class of Honesty (Professor Applejack): 9:30 A.M.-10:15 A.M.
Class of Loyalty (Professor Dash): 10:30 A.M.- 11:15 A.M.
Lunch: 11:15 A.M.-12:00 P.M.
Class of Generosity (Professor Rarity): 12:05 P.M.-12:50 P.M.
Class of Kindness (Professo Fluttershy): 1:05 P.M.-1:50 P.M.
Class of Laughter (Professor Pinkie): 2:05 P.M.-2:50 P.M.

It was nice to know that some of the classes will be taught by familiar faces, but what kind of classes are these? Oh well, at least there isn't a class about history. I don't like history class in general, and I don't know anything about this world.

I decided to leave my blade and mask behind. I may be a quiet kid, but I'm not like that. I opened the door and saw my roommates talking with each other.

"Hey guys," I said as I stepped out.

"Good morning. Legion sleep well?" Yona asked.

"Slept pretty well. Still tired though," I said.

"Yeah. I never get why school requires us to get up early," Gallus said.

"Well, would you rather start classes in the 1:00 in the afternoon?" Smolder asked.

"Good point," Gallus replied back.

"So what's you first class for today Legion?" Sandbar asked me.

"I have," I looked back at my schedule, "Class of Magic with Headmare Twilight."

"Oh, I have that class as well! Come on, I'll show you where it is," Sandbar said.


15 minutes later

"Good morning class, and welcome back Class of Magic. Before we get started, I would like to introduce a new student that will be joining us from now on. Please welcome, Legion," Headmare Twilight called out.

I got up from my seat and walked to the front of the class. By the way, this classroom was nice. It was pretty much like an amphitheater, with a stage and the ascending rows of seats. I looked at my classmates with a bit of a nervous smile. I always did get a bit nervous when I was the center of attention.

"Would you like to tell everypony a bit about yourself?" Headmare Twilight asked me.

"Um...hi. My name is Legion, I'm a traveler, and I like video games," I told them before I went back to my seat.

Phew. So far, so good. Honestly, I feel good about today. Nothing can possibly ruin this.

"Now then students. Today we are going to talk about Equestrian history."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!


1 hour later

Okay, so the history was actually pretty useful and...interesting? Me thinking that history class is interesting. Never thought I'd see the day. We learned about a species known as changelings, which I also learned is the name of Ocellus's species, and how they went on rampage across Equestria hundreds of years ago. Apparently these creatures are capable of stealing love from others, which also drains away energy as a side effect, and shape shifting?! How cool would that be?! Being able to shape shift into virtually anything! If I was able to shape shift, I would turn into...I honestly don't know. I'm pretty sure I know what my friends back on Earth would turn into.

I walked into my next class, Class of Honesty, and took notice that the classroom had a bit of a country feel to it. There was even a healthy-looking apple tree. Standing next to said tree was an orange earth pony with a blond mane, green eyes, Stetson hat, and a cutie mark of a trio of apples. I remember her. She was selling apples when Headmare Twilight and I were walking through town yesterday. The pony turned and noticed me.

"Good morning. Professor Applejack, I assume?" I asked.

"Howdy there. Yes, I'm Professor Applejack. I'd like to welcome ya to my class of honesty. Here, we learn about being honest with your friends, as well as hard work, mainly through various activities," she said with a country accent as other students started entering, "Ya'll see what I mean in a sec."

I nodded and took a seat.


1 hour later

I never knew how much fun farming can be. Professor Applejack instructed us to get into groups of two and work together to plant a small apple tree in a pot. Obviously I teamed up with Yona. To me, it's all about taking baby steps when making friends. We first filled the pot with dirt, and then planted the seed. I never really thought about how much water the seed requires. Too little and it'll still be dehydrated. Too much and the dirt will turn into mud. I learned that one through trial and error. I also learned Professor Applejack owned a farm nearby Ponyville called Sweet Apple Acres. What do they sell there? Apples obviously! I swear that farmer has some sort of fetish for apples. No judge or anything.

My next class was class of loyalty with Professor Dash. Cool name by the way. When I arrived at the class, my thoughts literally went to gym class because this just looked like a gym. There was a rack filled with dumb bells, another filled with bouncy balls, and there were large rings above me. Were those meant to practice flying? If so, then this could be perfect for me. A rainbow blur suddenly came through a window and started going through the rings perfectly. Guess I was right about them. The blur stopped above me and in its place was a cyan pegasus with magenta eyes, a cutie mark of a cloud shooting a red, yellow, and blue lightning bolt, and a rainbow colored mane and tail.

Hello Ms. Pride Parade.

"Professor Dash?" I assumed.

"That's me. Professor Rainbow Dash, Wonderbolt and fastest flyer in all of Equestria. You must be Legion. Cool name by the way. Twilight told me about your condition, so I'm afraid you're gonna have to sit out today's game of dodgeball," she said in a tomboyish voice.

Dodgeball?! God damnit! Fuck you Timberwolf! I could've played one of favorite games from middle school. Piece of shit.

"Sigh. Very well, I'll just go over there and do some stretches," I turned back to her once I realized something, "Hey Professor Dash? You're an expert on flying, right?"

"Um, yeah. Didn't you hear me 'fastest flyer in Equestria?'" she asked.

"Yeah...you see...here's the thing. Um. I...don't...know...how to fly," I said.

She gave a loud gasp before flying right up to my face. Jesus. Personal space please?

"You don't know how to fly?! H-how is this possible?! Didn't your parents ever teach you?!" she asked.

"My parents weren't pegasi. In fact, no one in my family is, so I had no one to teach me," I told another half truth, "I was wondering that when I recover from my wounds, if you can teach me how to fly?"

"That's so sad, but don't sweat it kid. When I'm done with, you'll be able to fly like there's no tomorrow," she said confidently.


1 hour later

Even though I didn't get to participate, much to my dismay, that game of dodgeball was intense. Unicorns weren't allowed to use their magic and pegasi weren't allowed to fly. It was a tragic battle. Ponies went against each other, ponies fell, and ponies cried. But all came to a save when Smolder was able to dodge every ball and hit the final enemy standing. Okay, she pretty much had the advantage because she was bipedal and had fing-er claws.

It was lunch time and I was just walking around minding my own business. I, unfortunately, didn't have any money, bits is what they're called, for lunch. I probably need to get a job. Don't know what's perfect for me though. I could probably work as a waiter at a local restaurant. A few odd jobs here and there? Is Sweet Apple Acres hiring by any chance?

"Legion! Over here!"

I turned my head and saw my roommates under a tree eating their lunches. I walked over and sat down between Ocellus and Gallus.

"Hey guys. What's up?" I asked.

"Oh nothing much. Just talking. Where's your lunch Legion? Aren't you hungry?" Sandbar asked.

"Oh...um...I don't any bits at the moment," the others quietly gasped at this, "Being a traveler, money is kind of an issue for me, since I don't stay in the same place for too long."

"That's horrible! Here Legion, you can have some of my lunch," Ocellus said as she handed me half a sandwich.

"Oh no. I couldn't possibly do that Ocellus. You bought that food with your own money and it's yours. I'll get my own bits sooner or later," I said as I pushed the sandwich away. Another reason I declined her offer was because I didn't want this to affect our friendships. Story time! A couple years ago, I had a friend that never had any food for lunch, and he always kept asking me for some. Obviously, I gave him so food cause I had plenty and I didn't want him to go hungry, but it was like this almost every day for a year. A small part of me was annoyed by him. Like holy shit! You could've just packed his own lunch. Again, that was years ago, and I have gotten over it.

"But you're our friend Legion. We couldn't possibly let you go hungry," Ocellus pleaded.

"But-" I was interrupted when my stomach started growling. I was pretty hungry. I looked back at Ocellus and saw she was giving me the face a puppy would give to its master when it wants to be petted, mouth pouting, eyes wide, and everything.

Don't give in to it DeffBwade. Don't give in to the guilt or this love bug's cuteness.

...

Fuck.

"Sigh. Okay. Thanks so much Ocellus," I said as I took the sandwich. Ocellus immediately stopped giving me the puppy eyes and put on a smile. She truly cared about me. Did I feel the same way towards that friend I mentioned a couple years back, or was it like a whatever kind of feeling? In fact, they all care about me.


50 minutes later

I arrived in Professor Rarity's classroom to see that it just screams eloquence. I shouldn't be too surprised. This is Rarity we're talking about. She's what you'd call a lady, so to speak. There was what looked like a runway you'd see in fashion shows with chairs surrounding them.

"Darling. It's good to see you again," Professor Rarity greeted.

"It's good to see you too Professor Rarity," I greeted back.

"I hope you like arts and crafts, because today we're going to be making magnifique drawings of each other," she said. Did she just speak French?

"Oui. J'aime les arts et l'artisan," I said. I totally did not just look that up on Google Translate. I obviously know my French cause I took three years of it.

"Ooh. Darling, you know how to speak Prench?" she asked. Wait. Prench? Oh well.

"I took a few classes here and there, so I know the basics," I responded.

"DeffBwade, if you took three years of it, then you should know the advanced stuff as well."

Nope! I'm a lazy fuckboi that barely pays attention unless it intrigues me.


1 hour later

So far, Professor Rarity's class is probably my favorite if I'm being honest. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the others, but I absolutely love arts and crafts. It's one of those subjects where I'm allowed to express myself, where there's no specific goal, where I can show my creativity, and where I'm good at. I got paired with a pony that was a unicorn with yellow fur, a green braided mane and tail, although her tail looked similar to Applejack's tail, and a cutie mark of a red star. Both she and Rarity were impressed by my artistic skills, from the prefect shapes, to the shadows, to the colors. Although there were a few mishaps in the mane, mainly because I was writing with mouth.

The next class was with Professor Fluttershy. I entered the classroom and was amazed at the amount of animals in the room. There were also many luxurious plants around, as well as a view that overlooked the yard of the school. This room just screamed peace and tranquility. [insert reference to Zenyatta from Overwatch here] I saw a butter yellow pegasus sitting behind a desk admiring the birds. She had blue eyes, a long, pink mane, and a trio of butterflies as her cutie mark.

"Oh. Hello there. You must be the new student. It's nice to meet you," she spoke in a gentle voice.

"It's nice to meet you too Professor Fluttershy. Um, if I may ask, what's with all the animals?" I asked.

"It's my special talent. I'm able to talk to animals as if they're normal ponies," she said as she pointed at her cutie mark.

So that's what cutie marks are. They represent what you're good at. If that's the case, what does mine represent? My title as the Apex Legion?

"Wow. That's so cool," I said,

"O-oh. It's nothing special. It's just what I'm good at," she said as she looked away with a small blush.

Damn. 'Shy' is right. Her voice is so calm and she looks kind of embarrassed whenever she gets complimented.


1 hour later

That class was pretty tame. Pretty much all we did was observe birds, as well as their behaviors. Our task was to properly nurture them, you know pretty much make sure they're well fed and hydrated. It was easy and quite a pretty sight to look at. Whenever I made a mistake, Professor Fluttershy would gently help me out. She was pretty kind.

Sigh. Finally, the last class of the day, and it's with Professor Pinkie?! The same exact pony that knows how to throw such an epic party. How amazing would it be to have your last class with a pony whose special talent is party planning? The answer is very amazing.

"Aww. I'm so glad you feel that way," Professor Pinkie said.

"Thanks Professor Pink-" I stopped.

WAIT, WHAT THE FUCK?! DIDN'T I THINK THAT?!

No silly. I'm just reading along with the story.

GAH!

Also, what does "fuck" mean?

"U-um, don't worry about it. In fact, just forget I said that in the first place," I said.

"Okie dokie lokie," Professor Pinkie said.

I sat down on one of the pillows laid across the room and started paying attention to the class, making sure to be careful what I think. That pony knows how to read minds or something.

"DeffBwade, that's just-"

And don't say "that's just Pinkie being Pinkie," cause that's just full of sh-ummmm I mean poop.


Later that evening

Professor Pinkie's class was, of course, fun. It was also pretty creative. She gave us all one cupcake, while one random person had two cupcakes, and said they were meant for sharing. The person with two cupcakes would give a compliment to someone else and then give one of the cupcakes to them. Then that person would do the same thing, and so on. Gallus told me that my clothes were cool looking, he even said the fluoresce paint stains made them even cooler. I told Silverstream that her mane looked nice, and that the blue color was a nice contrast with her pink fur.

I laid down on my bed and thought about today. Classes were straight forward, teachers were nice, classmates were nice, the homework didn't take me a millennium to finish. Overall, this school is amazing so far. Why can't schools back on Earth be like this? Oh well. After classes ended, I spent some time hanging out with the others. We mainly just walked around town talking. Eventually we went to a pizza place to have some dinner. Again, I felt bad for not being able to pay, but they ensured me that it was fine, but still. Sometime this week I gotta get a job to get some bits. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, ready for what tomorrow has to bring.

Author's Note:

I don't know what classes they teach at the school, so I was just random. Also, the shower segment seemed unnecessary, but whatever. Also, I felt like this chapter was rushed. If it was, than I apologize.