• Published 24th May 2021
  • 1,748 Views, 48 Comments

The Adventure of the Apex Legion (Old Version) - DeffBwade



A new pony arrives in Equestria and goes on an adventure like never before. (NOT a Dead By Daylight crossover)

  • ...
9
 48
 1,748

Chapter 4: Exploring the Town

You know, it's funny really. I never thought I'd find myself walking through a town filled with equines, with a princess equine along my side, and as an equine. "DeffBwade, why do you keep calling them equines? You do realize they're ponies, right? My answer? Who cares? Pony? Equine? Same fucking thing, but just to shut you guys up, I'll start referring to them as ponies. Does that make you happy?

Anyways, yeah. Everywhere I looked, there were ponies. There was one sitting at what looks to be a restaurant. There were a trio little ponies, who were fucking adorable and almost gave me a heart attack just at sheer amount of cuteness btw, playing in a park. One was yellow with a red mane and bow, another was white with a curly pink and purple mane and horn, and another was orange with a purple mane and wings. And they all had similar...what did Nurse Redheart call them? Cutie marks? A bit too of a girly name for my taste but whatever. There was an orange one who had a blond mane and stetson at a stand selling what looks to be apples in exchange for...gold coins? Dafuq?! Gold coins for apples? You know what, that's probably how it works in this place so I'm not gonna say anything. As we passed by, Twilight waved at the orange pony, whom waved back. There was a couple of ponies sitting on a bench. One was light tan with a swirly blue and pink mane with a cutie mark of a trio of candies, and she was sitting on her belly. Again, cute. The other was mint colored with a minty colored mane and a cutie mark of a lyre, and she was sitting...like a human would.

...

I'm...just gonna ignore that and move on.

"Here we are Legion," Twilight said as I snapped out of my thoughts.

I looked and saw we standing in front of a building that if I had to describe it in one word it would be...posh. It was light purple in color, had golden trims around it, and looked like...

"...a carousel?" I questioned.

Twilight chuckled at this. "This is Rarity's place. Welcome to Carousel Boutique," she said as she opened the door which rang a bell.

"Coming," sang a feminine, regal-like voice as me and Twilight walked inside.

As Twilight and I waited, I decided to observe this place, and boutique was right. I saw mirrors, what looked to be a dressing room, and a dozen or so mannequins...ponyquins? All of the ponyquins were wearing, I have to admit, very nice clothes. Some were wearing eloquent dresses and others were wearing nice looking tuxes. Phew. At least clothes were thing here. I would not feel comfortable if I had walk around in the nude all the time. I already felt uncomfortable with the other ponies being nude.

...

Wait. I just realized something. I know male ponies have sheaths, but what about the females?!

"Hello Rarity," said Twilight.

Before I could more on the subject of females, I looked at where Twilight was looking and saw a unicorn walking down some stairs. This one just screamed fancy. She was white in fur color, and had a curly, indigo mane, blue eye shadow, blue eyes, and a trio of diamonds as her cutie mark. Gotta admit, for a pony, she was quite beautiful. I took a quick look at Twilight's cutie mark and saw it was a lavender star with white stars surrounding it.

"Oh, hello Twilight and...Gasp...a new customer. Hello darling, and welcome to Carousel Boutique. My name is Rarity," the white unicorn said.

"Hello Miss Rarity. My name is Legion and Twilight said you had my clothes and mask?" I asked.

"Oh my. Such a gentlecolt, but there's no need to calling me miss. Just Rarity is fine. As for your clothes..." Rarity said the last with a hint of disgust.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I managed to sew up the tears,but I gotta be honest be with you darling. I don't understand why you would wear those things in the first place. The clothes are just stained with paint and the color scheme is quite ugly. As for the mask, again I don't understand why you would wear that," Rarity said.

I frowned slightly at this. I'm one for constructive criticism, but I just feel insulted. I was so close to cursing at her. I'm the Apex Legion, and she dare call my clothes and mask ugly? I took a deep breath and calmed down. She was simply stating her opinion, there was no way I could be mad at that.

"Miss Rari-um sorry. Rarity. While I respect your opinion, I really like my clothes. I think the color scheme is cool and the paint stains glow in the dark, which, in my opinion, makes them cooler. As for my mask, it really blends well with my clothes and it just makes me feel complete," I said.

Rarity and Twilight simply just stared at me. I was worried that I accidentally said something bad. I was always one that aims to please others, sometimes even when it leads to me doing something I don't like.

"I see. If that is how you truly feel, then I respect your opinion. I'll go get them for you darling," Rarity said as she walked back up the stairs, leaving me and Twilight alone.

"Wow Legion. That was really mature of you. Some ponies would get mad when Rarity speaks her opinion about their clothes. I'm really proud of you," Twilight said with a smile.

I smiled and blushed a bit at the praise. "Oh, it's no big deal," I said. I looked and saw Rarity coming back with my clothes neatly folded, along with my mask.

"Here you go darling," said Rarity.

"Thank you Rarity, is it alright if I put these on real quick?" I asked as I grabbed them.

"Of course," Rarity said.

I walked into the dressing room and inspected my clothes. Damn. Rarity has some skills with sew. You barely see the tears. It's almost as if they were never torn in the first place. I put on my shirt, then my coat, then my scarf, but I decided to leave the hood down for now. As for my mask...

"Um. Rarity? Do you have a backpack that I can use to hold onto my mask?" I asked.

"A...backpack? Don't you mean saddlebag?" Twilight asked.

Shit!

"Um. Yeah! A saddlebag, I mean," I said quickly.

"Of course," Rarity said as she handed me a saddlebag. Rather than one bag with two straps on it, it was two bags connected by one strap. I took the bag and, I hope I get this right, put it on my back behind my wings. I opened it and placed my mask in it.

"Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome darling. And if you're looking to get some new clothes, you're always welcome to come to me," she said.

"Ok. Bye Rarity," I waved as Twilight and I exited the boutique. We proceeded to head Twilight's castle to retrieve my blade.

"DeffBwade, why don't you refer to Twilight as a princess anymore? I thought you wanted to show her respect." I am. I forgot to mention that Twilight told me that she preferred to not be addressed as "Princess Twilight" when she's not doing her royal duties.

Anyways, we eventually arrived to what I assumed to be her castle. It was the giant structure that I saw while I was in the Everfree Forest, and I was right in my assumptions. It actually was made of crystals. It was nice to look at. Twilight opened the door and led me inside. We walked through the halls of the castle and reached a room that had what looked like a giant map of...crap. I never asked what this world was called. Surrounding the map were 7 thrones, with 6 six of them having unique symbols on them. I recognized two of them as Twilight and Rarity's cutie marks. The one with the trio of apples probably belonged to that one orange pony that was selling apples earlier.

Does that mean that Rarity is also considered royalty?

I saw that next to the chair with Twilight's cutie mark was a familiar katana. I walked over and picked Zer0 up. I stared at the blade with the blue glow with a smile. Which reminds me.

"Oh Twilight. You were curious as to how my sword is glowing? The answer is that modified it to be able to burn up to 2600o Farenheit. That is why my sword glows blue. I call it 'Zer0'," I explained. Apparently my explanation caused Twilight to get a brain aneurysm.

"W-W-WHAT?! 2600o?! B-b-but...how?!" Twilight exclaimed.

"I-I'm not really sure how," I said kinda scared. Our conversation was interrupted, or more like I was saved, by the door opening suddenly and a pink blur zooming towards me fast. I screamed in panic and braced for impact, only it never came. I opened my eyes to see another pony, and it was BIG, SCARY, AND PINK!

...

No, I'm not joking this time. Ok, I'm kinda over exaggerating. This pony was slightly bigger than me, although because she must've been an adult, had a very wide smile that brought to mind a certain knife-wielding creepy pasta, and was very, very pink. Her fur was pink, and poofy mane was a darker shade of pink, and she had a cutie mark of a trio of balloons. She didn't have either a horn nor wings.

"Ohmygoshanewpony!IknewtherewasanewponybecausemyPinkiesensesweretinglingandtheyeventuallyledmetoTwilight'scastleandhereyouare,anewpontIhaveyettothrowapartyfor!GASP!ThatremindsIhavetogothrowyoupartysohereyougohere'syourinvitation!OkbyeIgottagosetupyourparty!" The pony gave me a piece of paper and quickly zoomed out of the room.

...

...

...

WAS THAT PONY ON CRACK OR SOMETHING?! WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?!

"Don't worry. That's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie. You'll get used to it," Twilight said.

"I-I...um...I," I stammered. It's whatever. I witnessed a guy wanting to be shot in the face, a zombie that had a huge flaming claw, and a killer that separated a baby from her body to kill you. I'm pretty sure I can survive a pink pony on 10 pounds of crack. I looked at the piece of paper she gave me.

YOU ARE INVITED TO A PARTY

PLACE: SCHOOL OF FRIENDSHIP

TIME: 6:30 P.M.

"A...party? For who?" I asked Twilight.

"Hehe. Whenever somepony arrives in Ponyville, Pinkie always throws a party for them," Twilight said.

"I get thrown a party...because I'm new? That's...awesome," I said with excitement. I could use a party. It's been years since I've last been to one. I looked at the clock and saw there was about 10 minutes before the party started. "So where's this School of Friendship?" I asked.

Author's Note:

I honestly don't know why I made Twilight curious as to why Zer0's sword glows blue because that explanation just sucked.