• Published 24th May 2021
  • 1,741 Views, 48 Comments

The Adventure of the Apex Legion (Old Version) - DeffBwade



A new pony arrives in Equestria and goes on an adventure like never before. (NOT a Dead By Daylight crossover)

  • ...
9
 48
 1,741

Chapter 3: Waking Up

Author's Note:

A new chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it. Because I suck at writing dialogue.
P.S. I changed a bit of the ending from the last chapter, so...

What was that one word that describes the feeling of your body being in agony after being attacked by a giant, wooden wolf? Oh right.

Pain.

Pain is all I felt right now as all I was seeing was darkness. How many times am I gonna being staring at darkness? Even if I was able to move, I didn't dare to because legit everything hurts. Especially the side where the wolf clawed me. What happened anyway? Am I dead?

The last I remember was the wolf getting hit by a purple laser and a purple figure coming into my point of view. Who was that anyway? Was that God? An angel? Did an angel take me to heaven after I died? Nope, I still felt pain across my body so that's a no to being dead. So who was it that saved from being devoured by that predator? Was it...was it one of the locals? I was pretty close to the treeline of the forest so it's a huge possibility. I would find out sooner or later as I felt myself slowly slipping out of being unconscious.

Only to find myself staring at another bright light.

AH MOTHERFUCKER!

Three bright lights all in one day. That's a world record. So where am I now? As the rest of my senses slowly came back, I started hearing a constant beeping sound. I turned my head in the direction the sound was coming from and saw a heart rate monitor, showing a consistent heart beat. I turned my head to the rest of my surroundings, and noticed a window to my right and a door next to it. I also noticed that I was in a hospital bed wearing a hospital gown. My mask, clothes, and sword were nowhere to be found, which pissed me off a bit. I couldn't be too mad though. It's not everyday you see someone carrying a sword and wearing a mask, nor does someone allow a sword to just sit around in a hospital. Although that doesn't explain my clothes, they should be sitting somewhere in this room.

I slowly sat up, wincing at the pain I felt. It didn't hurt as much when the wolf struck me, but it still hurt. I moved my gown to the side to observe the damage. My torso was riddled with bandages, as were my wings. On the side where the wolf's claw struck me, in between the slits of the bandages, I could see what looked like stitches. I knew this was a really bad idea, but you know what they say: curiosity killed the cat. I gingerly moved the bandages out of way too look at my wound. Trust me when I say it kind of hard to do it with hooves. Maybe there's still a long way to getting used to this body. In the middle of my side where three claw marks, all reaching from the middle of my chest to only inches away from the base of my wing. I was really lucky there because I really want to learn how to fly. I never had stitches before in my entire life. Glad I was unconscious when I got them. Oh well. Look at the bright side. I'll have a badass scar for the rest of my life.

My thoughts were ceased as I heard footsteps from outside the room. Um, hoof steps is what I meant to say. The door opened to reveal another equine looking at a clipboard. She, I'm assuming it's a she due to her having a round muzzle and eyelashes, had white fur, a pink mane that was done up in a bun, blue eyes, and what looked to be a nurse's cap, if the Red Cross was any indication.

"Name of patient: unknown. Description: grey pegasus with a cutie mark of a creepy smiling face with two swords behind it," the nurse mumbled to herself.

Really? Creepy? I'd say it's more cool than creepy.

"Patient has received wounds by a Timberwolf in the Everfree Forest including a claw mark and some broken ribs," she said.

A Timberwolf? Is that the name of that wooden wolf that attacked me?

"Um. Excuse me?" I asked her.

The nurse "eeped" in response and dropped her keyboard. She looked at me and her eyes widened slightly.

"Oh my. You're awake," she said.

"Yeah. I'm awake. Um. Where am I?" I asked.

"You're in Ponyville Hospital," she said.

Ponyville? What kind of name is that? Sounds pretty generic and unoriginal, don't you think?

"You had quite a nasty attack by a Timberwolf. You were very lucky that Princess Twilight saved you before it got any worse," she said.

"I see. Thank you for telling this Miss..." I said.

"Redheart. Nurse Redheart. No need to call me miss," Nurse Redheart said.

"Nurse Redheart. I'll have to thank P-p-p-" I trailed off as my brain started to register something she just said.

Who. Did. She. Just. Say. Saved. Me?

"Did you just I was saved by a princess?!" I asked

"U-um, yeah?" Nurse Redheart answered with a bit of fear.

I stared at nothing in particular with my jaw agape. Can you blame me? What would your response be if you found your life was saved by a princess? An actual fucking princess?! This is place is a fairy tail come true.

"Um, sweetie. Are you okay?" I heard Nurse Redheart ask. I snapped out of my thoughts and shook my head.

"Yeah. Yeah I am. I'm sorry it's just...an actual princess saving my life? It's one of the greatest things to ever happen to me," I answered with glee. "I gotta make sure sure to thank this princess when I get out of here."

"It's no worries. I'm glad I was able to save your life before it was too," said another voice as another equine walked in. This pony was also female. She had lavender fur, an indigo mane with two stripes of different shades of purple, purple eyes, a horn, and wings. This pegacorn...unisus (THIS UNICORN IS SUS)...must've been Princess Twilight, and Nurse Redheart's response only confirmed it.

"P-princess Twilight! I wasn't expecting you." Nurse Redheart said in surprise as she bowed.

Princess Twilight only smiled and waved her hoof. "You don't have to bow Nurse Redheart. I prefer being treated like everypony else. And I'm sorry for dropping by unexpected. I just wanted to see how the colt was doing. And I can see he's doing just fine," she said as she approached me.

"P-p-princess. Thank you so much for saving my life," I said as I bowed my head in respect.

She chuckled. "Like I said, I'm just glad I was able to save another pony's life. And like I told Redheart, there's no need to bow."

"O-okay," I said nervously. Could you blame me? This was an actual princess in the flesh right in front me. How could you not show some form of respect? Princess Twilight take a seat right next to my bed.

"You know who I am, but I don't know who you are. Would you mind telling me your name?" she asked.

"O-oh, of course. My name is-" I paused for sec. I admit that my name is...well...weird, and I didn't want the locals of this place to go like "that's an...interesting name" or something along those lines. Why do I use that name, you might ask? Well, it's just a name that stuck with me for years, and I only used in video games and YouTube. Never thought I'd use it in real life. So I opted for a name that seemed normal enough, but still resonates with me. "Legion. Call me Legion," I said.

"It's nice to meet you Legion," Princess Twilight said. She didn't seem to notice my hesitation, so that's good. She then put on a serious face and gave me a look one would receive when they were fucked.

In other words, I was fucked.

"Now, would you mind explaining why you were in Everfree Forest in the first place?" the Princess asked in a serious tone.

I paused. How am I gonna respond to that?! What should I say?! There's no way I'm just gonna say "Well Princess. I used to be a hairless ape that stood on two and ate meat, and that I got transported here by a being named Discord." If you think I'm gonna say that, you're delusional. I calmed down and decided to approach a different tactic. Instead of lying, I bent the truth.

"My apologies Princess. I'm a traveler and I found myself lost in the forest," I said. It was the truth, it just wasn't the full truth.

"Well, what about your parents? Where are they?" Princess Twilight asked.

"My parents are far away. Like I said, I'm a traveler," I responded. Again, it was technically the truth.

"I see," she said.

"Um, Princess Twilight. If I may ask, where is my stuff?" I decided to move the subject away from my situation.

"Oh. Well your sword is at my castle. I was very interested in how you managed to make it give off that blue glow. As for your clothes and mask...well. When I showed them to my friend Rarity, let's just say she wasn't happy about the state they were in," she said.

"Oh," I simply said.

"Speaking of your stuff, I have a question regarding them. I can see why you have the clothes and sword, but what's with that mask, and the creepy smile painted on it?" she asked.

Sigh. Is the smile really creepy-looking?

"I don't really know. It just makes me feel complete," I said. That was actually the full truth regarding my mask. "Um, Nurse Redheart?" I asked as I turned to Redheart.

"Yes?" Nurse Redheart said.

"Do you know when I can check out of here?" I asked her.

"I just to one last checkup on your wounds and then you'll be free to go," she said. Thank God. I did not want to spend days in sitting in a hospital bed.


10 minutes later

"Now Legion. I want you to change those bandages every night and be careful when cleaning around the stitches. I also want you to come back here for a checkup every week starting this Thursday," Nurse Redheart advised.

"Yes Nurse Redheart," I said as I walked out of the room with Princess Twilight. She asked if she can walk with me around the town, Ponyville I assumed the name of it since this hospital was called Ponyville Hospital. I didn't mind, I needed a guide to help me find a place to settle down after all. But first I needed my stuff.

"Princess Twilight? Is okay if we go retrieve my sword, as well as visit this Rarity friend of yours to retrieve my clothes and mask?" I asked.

"Of course Legion. We'll stop by Rarity's place, then go to my castle," she said.

"Ok," I said as she and I finally reached the exit of the hospital. The doors opened and I was prepared to finally explore.