• Published 24th May 2021
  • 1,731 Views, 48 Comments

The Adventure of the Apex Legion (Old Version) - DeffBwade



A new pony arrives in Equestria and goes on an adventure like never before. (NOT a Dead By Daylight crossover)

  • ...
9
 48
 1,731

Chapter 27: The Amity Ball Part 4

Author's Note:

DeffBwade, Y U NO UPDATE STORY?! :flutterrage:

I keep lacking the motivation to write, okay?! Leave me alone. :pinkiesad2:

The next evening

Let's see here. Took a shower? Check. Tux? Check. Spiky, unkempt mane but only slightly unkempt and not as unkempt as yesterday? Check. Lucky pot filled with cupcakes? Check. Gift for Shimmy Shake for later? Check.

"Look at you amigo. All dressed up for the big dance, and with a girl no less."

I know. I never would've thought this would happen to me in like...ever.

"Sniff. I'm so proud of you man. You're growing up so fast."

God you're starting sound like my mom. Wait a minute. Are you...are you crying?

"N-no! My eyes are just...very sweaty right now. Yeah, let's go with that."

That's...that's just disgusting.

"I know."

I ran my hoof through my mane and then adjusted my tie. I looked at the mirror and observed my tux. Professor Rarity really did a great job on this. Then again, her special talent is all about fashion. The black silk, along with the white undershirt underneath it were comfortable as hell. The sleeves extended up to the bottom of my fore hooves. The main part of it extended about halfway across my torso, just past my wings. Thankfully, Professor Rarity put holes in the tux so I won't be uncomfortable. The tux also included two flaps that reached up to my tail. Finally, tied around the collar was a cyan tie, and let me tell you something. Tying on a tie is frustrating as hell, which is why I prefer the ones where you can just clip it on.

"I feel you man."

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 5:50 P.M. Only 10 minutes left till the Amity Ball begins. My friends have already left to the main lobby to wait for the dance. I took a deep breathe, trying to hold down the butterflies in my stomach....wait no....trying to release the butterflies from my stomach. Ocellus once said, back during Professors Applejack's and Dash's, that if I was scared to try something new, I whistle. Unfortunately, I'm a shit whistler, so I just ended up making raspberries and spitting all over the mirror. In the end, I just decided to take my own advice, as well as what I've been taught in the past few days. Think about what's gonna make her happy, go with the flow, and suck it up and deal with whatever happens.

"I don't think that last one is any good."

Huh?

"Uh, nothing! Nothing. Just uh...good luck man. Seriously."

Thanks dude. I'm gonna need it. I picked up Shimmy's gift and tucked it into my jacket, before leaving my room and heading to the lobby.


Holy shit. The staff really went all out on the Amity Ball. The pillars were aligned with ribbons, the walls were adorned with paper cutouts of hearts and hoove prints, the floor was littered with confetti, and there were a crap ton of balloons. There were tables filled with other lucky pots, and a shit ton of food and drinks. There was even a DJ booth. Holy crap. I'll say it again, the staff really went all out.

"Then again...one of the professors is a hyperactive pink pony who's constantly on a sugar rush, and who's special talent is literally party planning."

True.

I walked over to the table and placed my lucky pot there. It was dark blue in color with the Legion symbol spray painted cyan on it. Thank you hardware store for the supplies by the way. It was filled with about half a dozen of cupcakes, all of which were vanilla with vanilla icing and sprinkles.

"Sprinkles?"

I fucking love sprinkles! And if you don't like sprinkles, then you can just fuck off cause I don't care about your opinion.

"O-okay."

I looked around the room and saw almost all of the students mingling with each other and overall having a good time. I soon spotted my friends close to the entrance, except for Yona and Shimmy. They must still be getting ready. Ocellus was drinking some punch, Smolder was leaning against a pillar, and Silverstream was eating cupcakes and chips, while dropping crumbs onto Gallus's head, who looked like he didn't give a fuck about it. I noticed that Sandbar had a blue tie on and was constantly adjusting his mane. Maybe he also asked someone to be his pony pal. Other than him, none of them had any kind of formal wear on.

Talk about being overdressed.

Lighthoof soon noticed me and waved me over to them.

"Hey guys," I said to which they greeted me back, "Where's Yona? Is she not coming?" They giggled teasingly at my questioned.

"Oh, she's coming," Lighthoof said.

"Yeah, she's just getting ready for her pony pal," Gallus said teasingly as he nudged Sandbar, making him blush lightly. It doesn't take a genius (not like me) to put the pieces together as I put on a grin as well.

"Well, well, well. Look at you Sandbar all grown up. Asking out Yona to the dance, ain't ya?" I asked, making him blush even more as he slowly nods at me, "Ah don't worry dude. I'm just teasing ya. But for real, good for you on asking Yona out. At least now I know why you dressed up and all that."

"U-um, thanks Legion," he said, "But what about you? Why are you all dressed up, and with a tux no less?"

Everybody's eyes then turned to me. I started to sweat and chuckle nervously as Sandbar managed to turn all the attention onto me.

"You better say something man."

"I uh...overdressed?" I said nervously.

"Not that!"

"Oh. I think I know why," Lighthoof chuckled teasingly as she walked closer to me.

Lighthoof. You're a good friend, but please don't do this to me.

"I believe our friend here has dressed up for his pony pal," she said as she nudged my side, making me blush.

Annnd, she did this to me.

The others gasped out if surprise and excitement at this before Silverstream flew up to my face with a wide smile.

"You have a pony pal too?!" she asked excitedly, "Who is it?! Who is it?!"

"Don't answer the question man! You'll just give an excited fan girl something to work with and she will proceed to write fanfics about you and Shimmy Shake!"

...

Not even gonna ask.

"It's...um...Shimmy Shake," I whispered.

"What was that?" Smolder asked with a smirk.

"Don't answer that!"

"It's...Shimmy Shake," I whispered again, albeit a little bit louder.

"One more time?" Gallus asked, also with a smirk.

"Stop!"

"Uuuummmm...," I said idiotically.

"It's Shimmy Shake," Lighthoof answered for me with a sigh.

For the love of God, why?!

"Eee! Oh, I know you two would make such a cute couple someday. It was only a matter of time," Silverstream squealed with delight.

"She wants the fan art!"

"Oh, I can't wait to be there for the wedding!" Silverstream said excitedly, making my eyes go wide and making my body freeze.

Nani?!

"It has begun! She's writing fanfics about you two now! I told you not to answer her question!"

It wasn't me! It was Lighthoof!

"S-Silverstream! I'm too young to marry someone!" I said with a huge blush on my face, "And besides, Shimmy Shake and I aren't even an official couple yet."

"But you want to be a couple with her, right?" she asked.

"W-well...yes, but-" I said before I was interrupted.

"Then that's good enough for me!" she said while wiggling her eyebrows.

"The fanfics!"

"Oh my stars," I said, using my wings to cover my embarrassed face.

"Don't worry man. She said the exact same thing when I told them Yona was my pony pal," Sandbar said as he draped a hoof around me.

"Did you also feel as embarrassed as I am feeling right now?" I said, peeking my eye out from the wings to look at him.

"Pretty much. Although I didn't have any wings to cover my embarrassment," he said.

"Lucky me then, I guess," I said, folding my wings back with a small smile.

"Hello every creature~!" I heard Spike announce. I looked over to the DJ booth and saw him wearing a grey hoodie with a golden zipper and...

"What the fuck is that?"

...a helmet that looked like his head, where his real head was inside the mouth of the helmet.

"I'm your DJ, Scales and Tail..." Spike said.

"More like DJ Deadmau5."

Yo, I remember DJ Deadmau5.

"Really? Which song was your favorite? Mine was Strobe. So peaceful. So calm. So relaxing."

Well...actually I don't remember him for his music, per say.

"Um...okay? So what do you remember him for?"

Well...



I...um...

"Let me get this straight. You don't know Deadmau5 through his music, concerts, or overall popularity back in 2010 or whenever, but rather when you kicked his ass as well as his fans' ass during a concert in Goat Simulator?!"

Hey, that was a popular and funny game and you know it!

"...spending your favorite tunes all night long, so welcome to the Fetlock Fe-I mean, the Amity Ball," Spike (or rather DJ Scales and Tail) announced, to which everybody cheered.

"I'm just glad I'm here with you guys," Gallus said, "At least I'm not the only non-pony in the crowd."

Geez. Talk about being an odd one out. Imagine if I was still human. I'd feel like such an outcast. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen, read, nor heard anything about humans being in this world. I wonder how things would turn if I came here as a human. They'd probably freak out or something. Guess I gotta thank Discord the next time I see him for turning me into a pony. Heh. Never thought I'd see the day where I'm thankful for becoming a po-

"H-hi Legion."

I snapped out of my thoughts as my eyes widened my body froze up at the sound of the Valley girl accented voice I knew all too well. I slowly turned around and my jaw dropped.

Yona was wearing a dress consisting of multiple shades of green, as well as a blue and yellow flower attached to it. She was also wearing blue eye shadow, blue ear rings, and light green ribbons on her horns. But Yona was more of why Sandbar's jaw was dropped.

No, no. My jaw was dropped because of the absolute beauty standing right next to her. Shimmy Shake~. She was wearing a sleeveless and slightly sparkling red dress. Professor Rarity's work, obviously. She also had on red slippers on each hoof, red earrings, and instead of her usual tied up mane style, it was instead let down. It was like I was like I looking at an angel, only instead of white she was wearing red. Speaking of red, her face was red as she looked at me with a small smile.

"Dude. I think you've been staring for too long."

No I haven't.

"Dude. I think you've been staring for too long," Gallus whispered to me.

Damn it.

"Told you."

"O-oh...um, hey Shimmy," I stammered, "H-how are you doing?"

"I-I'm doing fine," she replied, "You?"

"Fine. Fine. I'm doing fine," I said, "You uh...you look very beautiful Shimmy."

"T-thanks. Y-you too," she said with a more apparent blush.

"Heh. I'm glad you decided to dress up too. I was starting to worry I was gonna be overdressed tonight," I chuckled to which she let out that cute giggle.

Why must she be so damn beautiful and cute?!

"Legion."

I turned and saw Professor Rarity entering the ballroom and walking towards us. And Jesus Christ, she goes all out when it comes to dances. She was wearing a magenta dress with a white, pearly necklace. The back of her mane was all tied up in sort of a bun by a white hairband.

"You look absolutely amazing in that suit, darling," she said.

"Heh, thanks Professor, but I really should be thanking you. You're the one that made it," I said.

"Think nothing of it dear. I'm not called the 'Element of Generosity' for nothing," she said before she turned her attention to Shimmy, "And this must be Shimmy Shake, and she looks to be quite a keeper. You look absolutely beautiful in that dress. That color just mixes well with your whole complexion."

"O-oh, t-thanks Professor," Shimmy said.

We all heard the sound of a microphone blaring and then turned our attention to Headmare Twilight.

"Welcome every creature to our school's first annual Amity Ball! For those of you who've never attended a Fetlock Fet, we can't wait to show you our fun traditions on this special night," Headmare Twilight announced to which everybody cheered, well, except for the non-ponies, "So, Spike..."

"Uh, Scales and Tail," Spike corrected her.

"On second thought, now that I hear the name again, I'd rather not call him that."

Honestly, you and me both.

"Uh, right...Scales and Tail. Let's get this party started," Headmare Twilight said as she handed Spike the microphone.

"Oh, yeah party ponies! It's time to raise the roof and stomp your hoof for the traditional first dance of the night, the Pony Catillion," Spike said before he started playing that same slow paced music I listened to for the past few days.

After this night, I'm never gonna listen to this song ever again.

"Ah! Yona know this one!" I heard Yona say.

"You do?" Sandbar asked.

"Mmhm. Lighthoof and other ponies taught Yona," she said before she and Sandbar headed to the dance floor.

I saw many ponies heading to the dance floor and dancing the Pony Catillion, before I turned to Shimmy.

"Shall we um...shall we dance then?" I asked nervously, holding my hoof out to her.

"O-oh...I uh...I don't really know how to do the Pony Catillion. I'll probably just end up embarrassing myself," she said as she looked away embarrassed.

"It's...actually not that bad once you get used to it. Come on, just follow my lead. I promise to not make it look too complicated," I said as I grabbed Shimmy's hoof, making her eyes widen a bit, and walking her to the dance floor. I heard a gasp and in my peripheral vision, I saw my professors all watching me with proud smiles. When we got onto the dance floor, I started dancing the Pony Catillion, making sure to get a bit slow so Shimmy could keep up. Eventually, she was starting to get the hang of it.

"See, it's not that bad, right?" I asked her.

"Yeah, it's not," she said, "I didn't know you were such a good dancer."

"I'm not, but I had good teachers," I said as I glanced behind me towards my professors and gave them a wink.

"So far, so good. You got this in the bag man."

"WOAH!"

CRASH

Shimmy and I turned to the sound of a crash to see Yona collapsed next to a knocked over table. Although, it was rather impressive to see a bowl of punch was sitting perfectly fine on top of her head.

"Yona, are you alright?" Sandbar asked as he, Shimmy, and I approached Yona.

"Yona never practice dance with dress on," she said with a blush.

"At least nothing was broken?" I said, "But seriously, you alright?"

"Yeah. Yak tough. Yak must be tough for Sandbar," she said confidently.

"Time to shake things up a little. That's right every creature, it's the Pony Prance!" Spike announced before playing the music.

I swear both of these songs are gonna be stuck in my head for days, maybe weeks.

"Uh, maybe we should sit this one out," Sandbar said.

"Yeah. Sandbar probably right," Yona said, "Yak not want to cause anymore ruckus."

"Oh, I love the Pony Prance," Shimmy said, no longer embarrassed, as she grabbed onto my hoof and started dragging me, "Come on! This is more my style."

"O-okay," I said as she still held onto my hoof.

"It's amazing that she's suddenly excited to do a dance in which Professor Dash said 'to key to it is speed'. Shimmy is one energetic chick."

Why do you think her special talent is cheerleading?

"Good point."


The rest of the dance went by pretty smoothly. Shimmy and I put all of our energy into dancing the Pony Prance with smiles on our faces. I made sure not to get too into it and doing flips and shit and crashing into stuff. Although her flushed face was cute, I was glad to see she was no longer shy. After dancing, we sat down and played various card games with our friends. I had no idea how to play Go Fish or Poker, so needless to say, I lost by a landslide. The only card games I know how to play are Blackjack and Uno.

I took one of the lucky pots and saw that they were filled with lemon cupcakes. Gotta tell you man, they actually weren't that bad. Pretty sure they made by Lemon Zest.

"Who?"

Remember my first day at the School of Friendship, specifically Professor Rarity's class? Lemon Zest was the name of the unicorn that I drew that day. Anyway, I knew it was her because one time during Professor Applejack's class, we were taking care of small apple trees, and Lemon Zest was watering a small lemon tree. When Professor Applejack saw her doing it, she just gave Lemon a stern glare, making her slowly switch the lemon tree for an apple tree.

Afterwards, Headmare Twilight announced that Yona and Sandbar were the winners of the Pony Pal Contest. Good for them. The trophy was even changed so one of figures resembled a yak instead of a pony.

When the Amity Ball was coming close to an end, I asked Shimmy if she wanted to come with me to the balcony of the school, saying that I wanted to show her something. She said yes, and that was when Operation: Confess...Feelings...and come up with a better name...commenced. My friends and professors gave me looks of encouragement that basically said 'good luck' and 'you've got this', especially Lighthoof and Professor Rarity.

So here I am now.

"S-so...what did you wanna show me?" Shimmy asked as we were walking.

"Patience Shimmy. I won't be a surprise if I tell you what it is beforehand," I answered, "But I promise that you're gonna like it."

When we were nearing the balcony, I stopped myself and Shimmy and told her, "Close your eyes."

"Why?" she asked.

"Just trust me," I said as I held my hoof to her.

She nodded before taking my hoof and closing her eyes. I led her the rest of way, making sure her eyes were shut, before we reached the balcony. I then told to sit down, to which she did, before sitting myself down next to her.

"Okay, then, you can open your eyes now Shimmy," I said.

She opened her eyes and became awestruck at the sight. The balcony held a view of all of Ponyville, and on the other side of the small village, the moon was starting to rise from the horizon. The stars started to twinkle as brightly as the moon in the night sky as Ponyville was shrouded in darkness.

This is the exact reason why I like the night more than the day. It's the perfect example of the difference between light and dark. No matter how much darkness there is, there will always be light, and vice versa. It's like two sides of a coin, or harmony and disharmony. You can't have one without the other, and a perfect balance between the two is always the best.

"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna would be proud to hear you say that."

"Woah," I heard her say.

"Well, what do you think?" I asked as I turned to her.

"It's pretty," she said, still staring at the view.

"W-well...not as pretty as the pony right next to me," I said with a blush, grabbing her attention.

"You...you really think I'm that pretty," she said, brushing a part of her mane out of face.

"Come on man. You got this."

"S-Shimmy...I...I got something to tell you," I said, rubbing the back of my head, "It's been on my mind for a while now."

"Y-yeah?"

"In all my life, I was never in any rush to find love, mainly because I thought I was perfectly happy with my life already already. But ever since I met you, I believe that's changed. You're sweet, funny, energetic, and if I'm being honest, quite attractive."

"W-what are you saying?" she asked as her eyes started to sparkle.

"I'm saying I...I..."

"Come on man. Say it."

"...I think I'm in love with you."


Shimmy Shake's POV


My eyes widened at what he just confessed. Legion, the colt I've been in love with for weeks, is in love with me too!

OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm so happy! He's in love with me too!

"...a-and I'm not sure whether or not you feel the same way or not, but-"

"I love you too."


DeffBwade's POV


D-did she just say what I thought she said?

"I-I think she did."

She...loves me too. She loves me too. She loves me too!

"Let's go! Let's go DeffBwade! You the man!"

Oh my god, I don't I've ever been so happy in my entire life!

"R-really? Y-you...love me too?" I asked.

"Y-yeah. You're kind, funny, smart, brave, cute-" she said.

"Cute?" I asked to which she nodded, "Wow. I've never been called cute before. Here, I got you a little something. Close your eyes."

"Another surprise? For me?" she giggled to which I nodded before closing her eyes, "Okay."

I reached into my tux pocket and pulled out a little black box and opened it, revealing a necklace. It was one of those golden heart shaped necklaces that could be separated into two separate necklaces. Each side had half of our cutie marks. The right half had her pom poms blowing in the wind, and the left half had half of the Legion smile.

"Wow. Imagine if she didn't share the same feelings as you."

If that the was the case, then...fuck. This thing would've been a waste of money.

"How much did that cost anyway?"

That's...not important.

I took the half with Shimmy's cutie mark and put it on before putting the half with my cutie mark on Shimmy Shake.

"I might've went a little too far with buying this," I chuckled, "But...open your eyes now."

She opened them and her eyes widened as she blushed brightly when she immediately noticed the necklaces she and I were wearing. I scooted closer to her before holding my necklace and connecting it to hers.

"Well...what do you think?" I asked.

"It's...it's beautiful," she said.

"Not as beautiful as you," I said.

"You already said that."

Shut up. Don't ruin this moment.

"Oh sorry."

Shimmy and I were silent as we stared into each other's eyes. It took me a moment to realize how close we were from each other, and it must've been making me blush heavily. Same with Shimmy. What I didn't realize was that we slowly coming closer and closer.

"Legion," she whispered.

"Shimmy," I whispered as our faces coming closer to each other finally registered in my mind.

Is...is this really happening? This is not a dream?

Our eyes slowly closed as we were only a few inches away from each other, and only coming closer...and closer...until...

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!"