• Published 24th May 2021
  • 1,747 Views, 48 Comments

The Adventure of the Apex Legion (Old Version) - DeffBwade



A new pony arrives in Equestria and goes on an adventure like never before. (NOT a Dead By Daylight crossover)

  • ...
9
 48
 1,747

Chapter 25: The Amity Ball Part 2

I eventually reached Carousel Boutique and knocked on the door. Nothing, but I was able to hear the sounds of Professor Rarity humming and a sewing machine from a window on the top floor. Must be in the zone then. Now, normally I'm a patient guy, especially when others are busy with something else. But seeing as the Amity Ball is just in a few days, I had no patience at the moment. I opened the door, hearing the familiar bell chime as I entered. Still no response. She must really be in the zone, but like I said, no patience. I walked up the stairs and soon reached the door to what I assumed to be Professor Rarity's workroom. My assumptions were confirmed when I again heard her humming and using a sewing machine. I knocked on the door, making her yelp in surprise, and opened it, only sticking my head in.

"Am I interrupting?" I asked.

"Oh heh heh. Well not interrupting exactly, more like...blocking the flow-urm stopping me from what I'm doing-so yes...in-interrupting," she said as she carried a piece of clothing that now had a tear in it in her aura, "Now, what can I do for you Legion?"

"Professor Rarity, you're in expert when it comes to romance, correct?" I asked as I entered her workroom.

"Well, I wouldn't say that I'm an 'expert,' per say, but I do enjoy a romance novel every now and then, so I would say I'm more...experienced?" she said, "But, why do you ask?"

"Weeell, I just need to ask you one small question, if it's alright with you," I said.

"Of course darling. What is it?" she asked before I fell to the ground and grabbed onto her fore hooves and looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Will you please help me?!" I practically begged.

"Only if you let go of my legs and stand up," she said nervously to which I complied.

"Professor Rarity, I don't know what to do!" I panicked, "I asked this girl out to the Amity Ball, albeit pretty loudly and out of nervousness, and she said yes!"

"Well darling, I don't know why you're panicking. That's fantastic!" she cheered.

"Yeah I know it is, but now I'm more nervous than I ever was before in my life!" Professor Rarity was about to ask why before I continued, "This is the first time I'm going out with a girl! What if I mess up?! What if I end up making her hate me for the rest of our lives?! Do you know much self confidence I have in myself?! It's about as small as a grain of sand! What if...what if..."

As I started to hyperventilate, Professor Rarity then grabbed me with her magic, stopping me from having a complete meltdown, "Darling, please! You must calm down. Just take a deep breathe...and let it out."

I slowed down my breathing before inhaling deeply...and then letting it out. I was no longer nervous as I was a second ago, but I still pretty nervous nonetheless.

"Do you feel better?" Professor Rarity asked to which I simply nodded, "You must really like this girl if she really makes you this nervous. You're usually a calm and quiet one."

"Thanks professor," I said.

"If I may ask, who is this mare that caught your attention?" she asked.

"Promise me you won't tell?" I asked to which she did the Pinkie Promise, "Do you know...Shimmy Shake, one of the lead dancers on the cheer squad?"

"I believe so. I did make their wonderful outfits after all. Orange mane, eye shadow, has quite an accent, and a cutie mark of pom poms blowing in the wind, correct?" she asked to which I nodded.

"Yeah, that's her. Ever since I met her a couple of months ago, I quickly became fond of her thanks to her kind and almost sassy personality. I really like that in a friend. But...just a little under week ago...I saw as more than a friend. Her accent, her glistening eyes, her soft fur, her pretty mane blowing in the wind. I thought she was...beautiful. Then that's when I realized...I loved her. I want to be with her," I paused in my monologue before blushing harshly and looking at Professor Rarity, who had a smile on her face. I nervously chuckled and rubbed the back of my head, "Heh heh. Sorry, it's just...in all my life I've never harbored such feelings for well...anypony. I was never really interested in finding love. But now...I...I don't wanna blow it."

I turned back to Professor Rarity before asking, "Can you...can you help me?"

"Speak nothing more darling. I'll make sure I do whatever I can to help you impress Shimmy Shake," she said with a smile as she started to take my measurements.

"Thanks professor," I said, "Oh and by the way, I just wanna make sure she doesn't think I'm a total loser. I don't need go all fancy-shmancy and all that."


"We will need to do something about your...hairstyle," Professor Rarity said with slight disgust as she inspected my mane.

"What? Why? What's wrong with it?" I asked.

"Well, you can't exactly go to the Fetlock Fet, or whatever Twilight is calling it, looking like that. It's...well..." she said.

"Too awesome? Too cool? Too emo looking?" I asked.

"Messy," she corrected.

Geez. Thanks for the constructive criticism professor.

"Yeah, I know," I sighed, "I was never one to care about how my mane looks, unlike my brother. You should see it, it's all wavy and stuff. Not that I'm making fun of him for it or anything. As for me...well, I just want to make sure it looks good. But, if you really think a change is a good idea, then I don't see the harm in it."

"That's the spirit Legion, but first! Let's find the right tux for you. And before you ask, no, we can't add fluorescent paint to it. It'll just ruin it," she said as she levitated a few tuxes over to us.

"I wasn't even gonna ask that, but okay," I said.

"Now then, let's see what best fits you," she said as she inspected the tuxes, "Let's see here, grey? No, it'll blend into your coat. Red tie? No, that'll clash with the cyan stripes in your mane. Do you prefer a bow tie or a regular tie?"

"Um...a regular tie?" I said as Professor Rarity continued to ponder before she gasped out of excitement.

"Ideaa~," she sung before levitating a piece of paper and writing on it, "Oh I got the perfect tux. It's so simple, yet it fits you well. How do you feel about a black tux with a blue tie sound?"

"That sounds nice," I said.

"Excellent. I'll get it ready for you before the dance," she said, "In the meantime, we have to cover the most important part."

"And that is?" I asked.

"The dancing!"

Aw...fuck.

Author's Note:

Do ponies even use the term "girl"? Also, I'll try to give you chapters every other day from now on.