• Published 24th May 2021
  • 1,731 Views, 48 Comments

The Adventure of the Apex Legion (Old Version) - DeffBwade



A new pony arrives in Equestria and goes on an adventure like never before. (NOT a Dead By Daylight crossover)

  • ...
9
 48
 1,731

Chapter 24: The Amity Ball Part 1

Author's Note:

I was planning on making this a long chapter, but lately I've been slacking either by summer work (I hate it and I know you do too), playing video games with my friends, or just not feeling like writing. So I decided to split it into multiple chapters. That way, I can give you chapters as quickly as possible while not losing much of my motivation to write.

"I just don't understand how he could be such a child."

"I feel you man."

"It's just...all I did was make one racist joke about him being white, and then he get's all pissy and goes 'alright, fuck you then. I'm not gonna talk to you for a while until you apologize.'"

"Yeah, I know! But he doesn't see us getting all pissy whenever he makes fun of us! Which is all the time might I add!"

"And he's so toxic too. He says we suck, and he's just like 'whatever.' We say he sucks, and he just cries about it."

"Fucking asshole."

"I don't know man. I think I'm done with him."

"Yeah, me too."

"What about you Deff?"

...

"DeffBwade?"

"I don't care about that fucker anymore."

"Well, I think it's official. Lion is no longer part of the group."


"Hey, you're alive."

Yes. Yes I am.

"So...how was it? Did the CMC do a great job in your little makeover session?"

Let's just say I'm lucky that I was able to convince them to keep my leather coat.

"I bet you looked very pretty."

No. I looked like the Joker if he applied his makeup while fighting Batman while on a roller coaster.

"Um...okay."

Just uh...just don't tell the girls I said that. I don't wanna be responsible for making little girls cry and getting an ass whooping by the professors.

"My lips are sealed, even though I couldn't tell them in the first place."

Anyway, it was now Tuesday morning and I was walking through the hallways with Sandbar, Gallus, Yona, Smolder, Silverstream, Ocellus, Lighthoof, and Shimmy Shake to our first classes. We turned a corner and Silverstream gasped as she saw Headmare Twilight putting up new poster on the school's bulletin board.

"See?! New posters! We never those underwater," she said excitedly.

My friends, along with some other students, crowded around the Headmare, and excitedly saying stuff like 'let me see' or 'check it out.' I just walked up to them wondering what's going on.

"I won't keep you in suspense any longer," Headmare Twilight said as she back away from the crowd a bit, "We're brining one of Ponyville's oldest traditions to our school: the Fetlock Fet!"

"The Whatlock What?" Smolder said while scratching her head out of confusion.

The Fetlock Fet? I swear to God, if I hear one more horse pun, I'm impaling myself with Zer0.

...

I probably should reword that.

"It's a pony dance party. They're the best!" Sandbar said.

Oh...A dance party.

"I'm ready!" Ocellus said enthusiastically before shape shifting into a pony and going into a dancing pose.

"You don't need to do that Ocellus," Headmare Twilight giggled, "This year the event's at school, and open to every creature. We're calling our dance the Amity Ball."

"Even better!" Ocellus cheered before turning back to normal.

Yeah it is. It is better. The name isn't some horse pun.

"Yona not know Amity Ball dance. Yona only traditional dance of Yakyakistan. Go like this!" Yona said before stomping around.

"Just...make sure you don't stand around her when she does that."

I agree. I don't need all my bones broken anytime soon. Nurse Redheart is already having enough of my shit.

"Ball dance like that!" Yona asked as she landed on her fore...paws...before tripping over and getting dizzy.

"Heh heh. Not exactly. It isn't just one dance. It's a whole night of them, plus, an awesome party," Sandbar explained.

You lost me at dance, but then you brought me back at party, even though I'm not very social at parties. I'll probably just end up sitting in a corner and talking with the others.

"And we'll have all the old Fetlock Fet traditions: the Pony Pal Contest, the lucky pot dinner. You'll love it! So like this says, get your pony pal and come along," Headmare Twilight encouraged us.

"Wanna go? I've got nothing better to do," Smolder asked with a shrug.

"You had me at dinner," Gallus said, snapping a claw towards Smolder. Smolder snapped a claw back and even gave a little wink to which Silverstream giggled.

"Potential shipping?"

I don't know. I always thought Gallus and Silverstream would make a cute couple.

"Now who wants to help me hang more posters?" Headmare Twilight asked.

"Me!" Silverstream said excitedly.

"Sure," Ocellus said.

Everybody then dispersed, while Silverstream and Ocellus went with Headmare Twilight, leaving me alone. I walked up to the Amity Ball poster and inspected it. So...a dance party this Friday at 6:00 P.M. after school, eh?

...

A DANCE?!

"Dude! This could be it! This could be your chance to finally ask out Shimmy Shake."

B-b-but...

"Just imagine it. You and Shimmy together, under the stars, romantic music playing in the background, her fur against yours, eyes closed and smiling as you slow dance. Actually now that I think about, how do quadrupeds slow dance together?"

I can't do it!

"W-w-what?! B-b-but...but what happened to all that confidence?!"

Yes, I did gain the confidence...sorta...to ask her...on a DATE! But a DANCE?! She's gonna think I'm a loser!

"Come on man. Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll be fine."

Sir. I've never been with a girl before, I've never been to a dance before-

"Huh?! Not even at school?!"

As I said before, I was never really a social person! And lastly, I'm a shit dancer!

"Come on man, it can't be that bad."

Well, yeah...if I was still bipedal!

"Ah come on DeffBwade! I'm trying to help you, but you're just being too hard on yourself!"

All I'm saying is that there's no way a girl like Shimmy Shake is gonna ask me to the-

"U-um, Legion?"

I snapped out of my worrisome thoughts and turned my head to see Shimmy slowly approaching me, a feint blush adorning her face.

"Y-yes?" I asked nervously.

As her blush became more apparent, she rubbed her fore hoof and her eyes fluttered a bit before stammering, "I-I...um..."

"Come on amigo. This could be your only chance. Just ask her."

"I-I was wondering...i-if-" she said before I interrupted her.

"Do you wanna be my pony pal for the dance?!" I quickly asked before immediately covering my mouth with my hoof as I felt my cheeks heat up. Again, I thank the stars that I have a dark fur color.

"NOT LIKE THAT YOU...*sigh*...you know what, never mind. I'll take it."

Her eyes widened as she flinched back a bit at my interruption before asking, "Y-you...you want to be a pony pal...w-with me?"

Oh gosh! I didn't scare her, did I?!

"Uuummm...yes?" I asked nervously as I awkwardly smiled.

Seconds passed by as she just stared at me in surprise while I kept that awkward smile. Maybe I did scare her.

*Sigh.* Looks like it's a bust.

"I'm sorry man. I really thought she would say 'yes'."

It's fine dude, and it appears you were right. It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at-

"Yes."

I snapped out of my thoughts and refocused back to Shimmy. Her weren't widened in surprise anymore, but instead was giving me a small smile as she continued rubbing her fore hoof.

"I'm sorry. What?" I asked.

"Yes. I'd...I'd lo-like to be your pony pal for the dance," she meekly said.

"R-really?" I questioned again, to which she slowly nodded, "O-okay! I'll um...I'll go get the tickets, so um...see you at the dance!"

"Bye Legion," she waved goodbye.

I walked through the halls with a noticeable excited hop in my steps. I didn't care at the moment if anyone looked at me weirdly. I did it. I'm going to a dance...with the sweetest and most beautiful girl I've ever met. I FUCKING DID IT!

"LET'S GO DEFFBWADE! You the man, man! I knew you had it in you!"

Okay, okay. I gotta calm damn. I gotta remember the advice I got. Big Mac said to think about what means a lot to her and the Dude said to just go with the flow.

"I mean...that's good advice and all, but it's not good enough. This is your dance after all. No, scratch that. It's your first date with a girl. You gotta ask someone else for more advice."

Yeah...you're probably right. Okay, just let me think. Hmmmm...who could I talk to?

...

I know! I should ask-

"I swear to God, if you say Button Mash, I'm literally gonna twist your nipples so hard they'll pop off like bottle caps."

U-um...okay...I'll think of someone else. Even though you can't hurt me in the first place, and what the fuck kind of threat is that? In fact, do ponies even have nipples?

Okay, just gotta think. Who do I know is an expert when it comes to romance?