• Published 24th May 2021
  • 1,737 Views, 48 Comments

The Adventure of the Apex Legion (Old Version) - DeffBwade



A new pony arrives in Equestria and goes on an adventure like never before. (NOT a Dead By Daylight crossover)

  • ...
9
 48
 1,737

Prologue

"Hope you guys enjoyed the final live stream of God Eater 3, and as always my fellow Legion: never stop slashing. Peace out everyone."

I pushed F5 on my keyboard and stopped the stream. I let out a sigh of relief and started viewing the statistics. As always, about 1-2 people in total watched my stream. Two things. One: it's kinda expected seeing that I don't have much subscribers. Two: I honestly don't mind. Now the fact that the stream lasted for about an hour and 40 minutes? That was unexpected, seeing as how it was the finale to an extra episode of God Eater 3. Oh well. I finally finished this game, and I was both sad and relieved. Sad that I finished such an awesome game, and relieved that I can now stream other games. What should I stream next? Borderlands 3? Alien: Isolation? Actually no, I will not play that game throughout my entire life. Maybe I can make some videos on the new game, Hood: Outlaws and Legends. That game looks fun. What about the games I haven't finished yet? Outlast? The Titanfall 2 campaign? What about Ace Attor-

Oh crap, where are my manner? Look at me rambling on and on and not even bothering to introduce myself. I go by many names: Legion (even though nobody call me that), the Apex Legion (again, a name that nobody calls me), and Asian (something only my friends call me which annoys me a bit, yet makes me laugh), but I'm better known as DeffBwade, and I'm a youtuber. It's true that I have a small number of subscribers...cough...312...but I don't really do this for the subs, the popularity, or the money (even though I do want to make money for this). I simply do this because it's fun. I like sharing the funny moments, as well as the enraging moments, that me and my friends have.

Now I find myself in a bit of a dead end. I just recently finished my finals and summer vacation officially started for me. Meanwhile, some of friends were still doing school. Heh. Speaking of school, it's kinda a funny thing. I just have my senior year left and then I'll be starting college, Gaming is probably moving to his college in a few months, and Jrod (also known as EnenraX) is almost done with his first year of high school. I can't believe it's been what, 2 years, since I met Jrod in a Friday the 13th match, and then met with everyone else in my friends group.

Look at me rambling again. Where was I? Oh right. My friends and I need a new game to play. None of them want to play Warframe, I don't wanna play Roblox nor Dying Light, I don't have enough money for Sea of Thieves, and we're all bored of Rainbow Six Siege and Dead By Daylight. Even I'm a bit bored of Dead by Daylight, which is quite surprising to say the least. Dead By Daylight is my favorite video game of all time. It was what brought me to going under the persona of Legion, my killer main. Yes, I main Legion in Dead By Daylight, so sue me. Anyway, at least a Resident Evil chapter is coming out in a few weeks, so that's good, but until then, I'm choosing to not play it for now.

Back to the issue at hand, I don't have much games to play. I need to do something. But lately, I've been working myself so hard, I don't feel making any videos or steaming anything right now. Maybe I need a vacation?

Yeah.

Yeah. Maybe I actually do need a break from content making. At least until the Resident Evil chapter come out. But what should I do? My options are pretty limited what with all the COVID-19 restrictions and shit. I could simply spend some time with my family. We could go to some restaurant we've never been to before. Oh, we still need to try out that Giant New York Pizza (not sponsored) that opened a month or two ago.

My French teacher recommended that I work on some of my French speaking over the summer. Maybe I could do that?

...

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Yeah...no. As if I'd do anything school related in the first few weeks of summer vacation. Hell, as if I'd practice my French speaking over the summer period. I've never done that before and I'm doing perfectly fine. I know my mom always gives me advice on not procrastinating (though I still do that anyways from time to time) and putting things off until the last minute, but come on. I just finished finals. I want a few weeks of relaxation. Scratch that. I need to relax from working. I need to do something new. I need something fun.

"I need an adventure," I said aloud.

As if God has answered my prayers, "Oh, so it's an adventure you seek, is it?" a male voice asked out of no where.

I jumped out of my gaming chair and shrieked in fright. "Who's there?!" I yelled.

"Over here," the voice called out.

I looked at the door to the room. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"No, over here."

I looked at the window. Nothing.

"No, over here," it voice said with frustration.

I looked behind, even though there was a wall. Nothing.

"OH FOR PETE'S SAKE! ARE YOU REALLY THAT BLIND?!" the voice yelled out.

I think it's time I stop having some fun. I looked at my computer and started chuckling.

"Relax. I knew you were in my computer, I just decided to mess with you. And also, WHY ARE YOU IN MY COMPUTER AND WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU?!" I yelled as I stared at the...thing...that was on my computer screen. It looked like something you'd find out of Harry Potter or Narnia. Or something that my friend Viking and his girlfriend would give birth to (just kidding by the way Viking, don't lock me in your basement). A mismatch of randomness. It had a right leg of a lizard, a left leg of a goat, a lion's paw for its right arm, an eagle's claw for its left arm, a snake-like body, a bat wing, a bird wing, a dragon-like tail, a deer horn, a goat horn, a head that looked equine in shape, and white eyebrows and a beard. Like I said, a mismatch of randomness.

I picked up my drink and stared at it, thinking that it's been tampered or that I'd accidentally picked up something with alcohol in it. I took a quick sip of my drink. Nope. It was just a normal iced tea. I started searching my computer for any viruses.

"Really DeffBwade? You think I'm some kind of virus?" the creature asked.

"Yes, I think you're some kind of virus. Wait. HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!" I asked.

"Let me explain. My name is Discord, the spirit of chaos and disharmony. I come from a magical land called Equestria, a place where..."

As Discord (interesting name for a virus by the way) started talking about...um...bananas, I had one thought running through my mind.

Why does he sound like Q from Star Trek?

"...but I also have the ability to take a glimpse at the future, and I've seen Equestria being overtaken by..."

What was the voice actor's name again? I think it was John um...um um um...de Lancie. John de Lancie. Why does he sound like John de Lancie.

"...but I've also seen some pony standing against this villain, which is where you come in...."

After searching up "Star Trek Q" on YouTube, I started listening to some random clips with Q. Lo and behold, the voices were exactly the same. What the fuck?!

"You're the one DeffBwade."

I snapped my attention back to Discord and his talk about Family Guy. You might be thinking "DeffBwade you should be paying attention to Discord. This could be important to the story." But come on. This is just some advanced virus spewing nonsense. And also I do tend to lose my concentration when someone is monologuing about Crazy Rich Asians.

"The one?" I asked.

"The one to save Equestria."

"The one to save Equestria. Okay then. Um...I'll be back right back. I'm gonna quickly go check into a mental institution."

"Do all humans act this crazy?"

"Only when a virus is talking on and on about The Beetles."

"Groan. The fate of Equestria rests on this idiot's shoulders?" Discord mumbled as he face palmed. "Whatever! You're going this adventure whether you want to or not!"

"An adventure?!" I said with a bit of excitement. And that was the last thing I said before a white light flashed before my eyes.

Author's Note:

Hey everybody. I'm back and writing fanfics again. This time, it's sort of a self-insert story, or should I consider this a displaced? Anyways, I just finished school last week so I have a lot of time on my hands. My plan is to write multiple chapters a week and finish this story before summer vacation ends. Now while I do have a storyline in mind, I'm also gonna have you guys suggest what DeffBwade does in Equestria as filler chapters. Here are some important things to note:
1. I will let you know when I'm opening suggestions.
2. Takes place during season 8.
3. It has to take place wherever DeffBwade is when I tell I'm open to suggestions.
4. Nothing with romance because that's part of the storyline.
5. Nothing involving fighting any major villains because that's also a part of the storyline.