• Published 25th May 2021
  • 2,341 Views, 64 Comments

Stargaze with Twinky - MidnightTwinkle



Life can change at any moment... But how will the hero perceive these changes?

  • ...
5
 64
 2,341

Dreams from the past

Again this dream, this hospital, these moments and the words of the doctors: "We are losing him." But now it was in more detail and continued a little further. I didn’t see anything, but I picked up voices, “Tell me…” And “Oh no…” But then everything was silent.


My eyes are closed, I can hear some voices, but it is poorly intelligible. I feel like crying ... they wrap me up in something and then the warmth, the warmth surrounded me, it was so nice …

I could make out a male voice, “The time of birth is eleven, thirty-one pm. on the eighteen of June, year 1095."

“I'll call her Midnight Twinkle.” I hear a female voice say.


I am wrapped in something again and I can hear voices in the same way. One voice was clearly masculine, but behind him came a ringing and melodic voice that definitely belonged to an adult mare, this voice seemed soothing. I hear a familiar voice, but it seems younger and at the moment incredibly enthusiastic, “Let me, let me see, daddyyyy, mommyyyy, let me see.” It seems that it was the voice of a young Twinkleshine.

I finally open my eyes and see... a small version of Twinkleshine that looks at me, and when she sees my gaze, she screams with delight, “She looked! She looked at me! ”

I feel that I am being turned somewhere, I catch a glimpse of the stallion, but I do not have time to make out what it looks like. And I see that very horse from my dream or memory, but this time I see not her back, but her face. I was mesmerized by her eyes and I could not take my eyes off them. There was maternal concern in these eyes, this look calmed, warmed and... amused. I think I laughed, but my voice was like the voice of a baby.


I am lying on a bed, wrapped in something soft. I tried to move, but I could not, I just did not feel my body, it seems I could only observe everything but do not influence it, as if I a spectator, therefore I couldn’t move my head or even make sounds.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the view from the window, but there is not the city that I saw when I went outside.

The door opens and someone enters the room. It was Twinkleshine, but small, like I was. She shyly walks around the corner of the door and when she notices me, there is a smile on her face, she comes up to me and lowers the wall of the bed. ‘Wait, how could I not have noticed that I’m in a crib?’

“I love you little sister,” Twinkleshine said and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I felt her love and happiness, which she conveyed to me by this act, my heart warmed because of this.

Then an adult's voice came from the next room: “Darling, don't wake up your sister, I need your help.”

Twinkleshine lifts the edge of the crib again and leaves the room, but before closing the door, she looked into the room again and winked at me. Her actions really made me feel good. But when she left, I felt a certain sadness, I was also drawn to sleep.


Many small memories passed before my eyes, sad and funny, joyful and the strangest, where I was alone or with my sister or with my pony parents. There were also those where I was punished and they gave me a time-out.


I was playing with various blocks and figures and then the nursery Twinkleshine runs into the room and enthusiastically says to the parents, “I was accepted! I was accepted to school for gifted unicorns!” While she was saying this, she jumped in place with happiness.

"We're so proud of you sweetie,” My new mom said then giggled as she said, “Just remember to come visit.”

Wait if my mom wanted her to visit us, would that mean that big sis would move out? My heart raced at the thought of Twinkleshine leaving, I didn't want her to leave and began to cry.

Twinkleshine ran to me and hugged me as she began to hum a melody. I held onto my big sis as she said, "I will miss you and think about you every day, and when I come to visit then I will tell you so many stories."

Her words stopped my crying, now, I look forward to her future stories and a small smile appeared on my face.


I can't see anything again, but the voices are getting louder. I open my eyes and see that I am sitting at the table, which is festively set, and the inscription *Happy birthday!* Hangs on the ceiling.

Twinkleshine sits next to me, two adult ponies come up to me with happy faces and say, “Five years is just once in a lifetime, this is your first little anniversary, so we wanted to give you a very special gift.”

My parents take out a box from behind their back and put it in front of me, and I start to unpack with impatience and excitement with a happy squeak, tear the gift wrapping and see ... a teddy bear that was blue and looked like a starry sky, I grab it without hesitation and hug it like that as hard as I can. And I think I can hear my parents giggling, but it doesn't bother me, I don't feel like letting go of my gift.

After a few seconds, I hear Twinkleshine's voice and turn my head towards that sound. I see Twinkleshine carrying a beautifully decorated package of something. She comes up to me and hugs me. "Happy birthday sleepyhead, this is for you." Twinkleshine says and hands me something packed.

I open my present and see a saddle bag, the one I turned into a drawing. This bag was similar to the one that Twinkleshine recently bought for me, the design consisted of several stars painted in different colors, but the color was different, it was slightly darker than the color of the Twinkleshine fur.

"Do you like it?" Twinkleshine asks me. I get off my seat, walk over and hug Twinkleshine, it seems to me that this will express my answer better than words.


I remembered all my friends from the local school, saw how I was ahead of everyone in math and nature, and at home, when Twinkleshine came from school to Horse Shoe Bay, she told me school stories related to Moondancer, Minuette, Lemon Hearts, and the odd yet book happy Twilight Sparkle. She also helped sometimes me with my magic.

I saw the first time I looked through a telescope. It was with pony dad, he returned home and while I did not see, he put a telescope in the living room, after which he called me. This evening I looked through a telescope for the first time in this body, it was wonderful and beautiful.

I remembered how the pony parents brought me books about nature and the stars, as they read to me before bed.

But most of the highlights have been around this body's sister. It was fun with the parents, they loved their child, helped in every possible way and spent a lot of time with their child, but still the most vivid memories were associated with Twinkleshine.


One of the brightest vivid memory was a gift for my ninth birthday, when one of the gifts was a golden star barrette from my mother. As she said, she received this thing from her mother, on her ninth birthday. This gift seemed special to me, I really liked this barrette and I didn't want to take it off.

I don't know why, but as I watched my memories, tears came to my eyes...


Hearth's warming eve. The streets are covered with snow like a blanket. Twinkleshine came home to Horse Shoe Bay, in Canterlot she lived in a castle room that was given to all students in the school who did not have the opportunity to live with their parents in Canterlot.

When she came, my parents and I greeted her with joy, and I asked her to tell some more stories.

We had a great time that evening, playing, communicating. My favorite stories were those told by Twinkleshine.

After each of her stories, I imagined that I was in this school, I really wanted to go there, but not only because Twinkleshine studied there, but also because according to her stories it was fun and it was easy to make new friends there.


A dark memory followed. I'm home, day off. My parents went about their business in the morning and said they would return in the evening, but when they left, I did not even say goodbye to them, as I was fascinated by the book that I took.

I take a look at that book about nature and went into the living room to study it. I did not starve, because the parents of this body had prepared and left food in advance so that that I could eat. The day was drawing to a close and I was already finishing reading this book, I was too carried away that I didn’t notice that my parents weren’t there but it seems I fell asleep while reading this.

In the morning I woke up, took the book and went to my room to put the book away. When I left the room with a new book, I decided to look where my parents were, but after checking their rooms I did not find anyone. I got worried, took the book and decided to take it to the living room, and then check the kitchen for notes from Mom and Dad.

When I was carrying the book, the door opens and a pony walking into the house... Twinkleshine. I was very surprised at her appearance, and therefore, throwing the book on the floor, I ran to hug her. I ran up to her and we hugged each other, but something seemed wrong, but I did not pay attention to it.

When I let her go, she asked, "Do you mind if I live here with you for one day?"

"Okay," I exclaimed.

Then she told me to go to the living room to have fun, which I did, and at that time she went to one of the rooms of the house.

When it was late evening, I got hungry and went to look for Twinkleshine, in order to ask where our parents were and if she can cook food.

I looked into the rooms in turn and in each room I noticed the collected things, I wondered why and I added this question to the ones I wanted to ask for Twinkleshine.

I found her in my room when she was packing my things. "And what are you doing?" I asked.

Twinkleshine turned when she heard my voice and said with a nervous smile, “I… uh… packing my things. Um ... Mom and Dad said they were late at work and they let me take you to my place. Do you want to go with me? To Canterlot."

“Of course I do,” I exclaimed enthusiastically, “But you live in a room in the castle, or have you found another place?”

“Well, I now have a house in Canterlot,” Twinkleshine said.

I was delighted with this news and therefore ran to hug Twinkleshine. She accepted it, but heard a growl from my stomach.

I pulled away from her and said, “Well… could you cook some food? I'm very hungry."

Twinkleshine immediately nodded and headed toward the kitchen.

(lot of times passed in a blur)

We arrive in Canterlot, it's evening outside and so there aren't many ponies around, I followed Twinkleshine heading towards her house. When we arrived there, Twinkleshine came up with me to the second floor of her house and showed me the room and said that I would sleep here and my things would come tomorrow.

(several days pass in a second)

I really enjoyed visiting Twinkleshine, but she kept leaving to study and I got bored, so I read a lot lately. But Twinkleshine left me food all day, although I sometimes forgot to eat because I was fond of reading or studying the telescope that came from my home in Horse Shoe Bay.

This evening, when Twinkleshine returned from school, I decided to ask her: “Where are mom and dad? They have been out for a very long time, it’s strange. ”

She went cold and took me into the living room. After I climbed onto the sofa, she was gray next to me and after a short pause, she said, "They wanted you to be happy, they loved you very much and therefore rushed to return home as soon as possible, and... They died in an accident..."

I didn’t have time to react as it was all going too fast and I was overwhelmed with so much information.

While Twinkleshine hugged me, I hear a melody, a beautiful melody, it calms me down a little and it seems that Twinkleshine was humming the melody.

The melody seemed familiar to me, it seemed to me that I had heard it since my birth. While Twinkleshine swayed and hummed a tune, I gradually calmed down. Soon my tears stopped, Twinkleshine slowly pulled away from me and thought for a moment.

After Twinkleshine had thought for sometime she suggested that we should go to the park and get some fresh air.

Walking in the fresh air helped me a little, but I was still holding back tears inside myself, thanks to the fact that Twinkleshine was there and it really helped.

During the walk, we went to an ice cream shop, my sister gently pushed me on a swing and we even played hide and seek.

Upon returning home, evening fell, and after a light supper where the main course was pizza which I really like. Twinkleshine invited me to gaze at the stars. I really wanted to go to my room, but I didn't want to be alone, so I accepted. She took out the telescope and set it to the window, then took out a stand for me and placed it next to the telescope. Then we took turns looking at the starry sky and after a while began to play the game *who will find more constellations.* When it was my turn to watch the starry sky, Twinkleshine brought ice cream - my favorite dessert.

After a while Twinkleshine said that it was late and we needed to go to sleep, we went to the bathroom to brush our teeth.

When we finished Twinkleshine turned to me and asked, “Do you want to sleep with me?”

Still not wanting to be alone, my heart raced of her disappearing overnight, I stuttered nervously, "Ye-yes please." Twinkleshine took me up and cuddle me close, and slowly the melody began again and my teddy was brought to my hooves, as I hung to my big sis hooves I slowly fell asleep.


Then there were memories that came closer and closer to today, I even saw in my memories the day before last, when Twinkleshine started tickling me in the evening and exclaimed: "Tickling monster!"

I laughed and asked her to stop, as it was very ticklish, but she did not stop and said: "You know how to defeat me!"

She began to nod herself to tickle me, and while I was writhing, I accidentally kissed her nose. She immediately pulled away and stopped tickling me, saying with a cheerful grin: "You defeated me."

I giggled at first, but I remembered how I accidentally kissed her and blushed a little? Twinkleshine at that moment came up to me and grabbed me, then put me on her back and went somewhere.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"Of course to bed, sleepyhead," told Twinkleshine with a little grin.

This moment touched my soul. After seeing all these memories, ‘I think that Twinkleshine is the best sister possible... I dream of such a sister...'

Author's Note:

Exams are in full swing:derpytongue2: