• Published 25th May 2021
  • 2,341 Views, 64 Comments

Stargaze with Twinky - MidnightTwinkle



Life can change at any moment... But how will the hero perceive these changes?

  • ...
5
 64
 2,341

Separated

"I... Well... I lost my memory!" I almost exclaimed.
"Yes! Yes! Right, I... um... recently banged my head and lost my memory" I said and tried to hide my excitement behind a huge smile.

Starry looked at me sceptically, "so you lost your memory?" asked Starry.

I nodded my head.

"Well... then why do you look like you're about to explode?" asked Starry sternly.

"I... Um..." I started to say.

"No, no, don't even try! You're not fooling me, I definitely don't believe you!" affirmatively said Starry.

A complete silence hang between us, the situation was getting more and more heated. Starry looked more and more annoyed while I desperately tried to get out of the situation.

"Come on! Talk!" demanded Starry.

The door swung open and Twinkleshine appeared from there, "how are you both doing?" she asked.

"All fine" said Starry, in a sweet and friendly voice, I was amazed at how quickly she changed her mood.

"Are you sure? Twinky doesn't look like everything is fine" said Twinkleshine.

"It’s… Um… a new game" replied Starry immediately.

"Really? And what is this game?" inquired Twinkleshine.

"It really is a long time to explain, but we're really doing well" said Starry.

"It's true, isn't it?" Starry, casting a cold look at me, a look that luckily only I noticed.

"Y...Yes...Of course it's okay" I replied and smiled to make my answer look convincing.

"Okay," Twinkleshine nodded and replied.

"But I didn't just stop by, I have some not so good news" she said as well.

"And what's that?" I asked immediately.

"Hopelight is waiting for you, Starry, he urgently needs to go to another town and he wants to take you with him besides, Twinky and I need to get home as well."

"Oh that's sad" replied Starry lowering her head and I did the same.

"Don't feel badly, you'll definitely meet up and play together again" Twinkleshine say trying to cheer us up.

"We need to hurry up, so I'll expect you both downstairs in a couple of minutes" said Twinkleshine, then closed the door and left the room.

"Well, you're incredibly lucky" said Starry angrily and irritably.

I was surprised again at this fleeting change in her mood, one second she was talking nicely to Twinkleshine and one second later she was back to her last mood.

"I..." I tried to squeeze something out of myself again.

But Starry sighed heavily and interrupted me, "I don't know who you are or why you're doing this, but..."

Starry went to one of her shelves and pulled out another album and took out a picture of something, and then she came over to me.

She came up to me and gave me the picture and then said: "Look at it and think it over carefully."

"In the meantime I'm going to go and tell Twinkleshine and my father all about it" turning and straining towards the door Starry said.

"Stop!" Burst out from me.

Starry took a few steps and stopped and turned around to look at me curiously, "Why shouldn't I go and tell everypony the truth?" queried Starry.

"I'll fix it, just give me time! Please!" I pleaded to Starry.

She pondered something for a few seconds, then sighed heavily and said, "I'm offering you a deal, never leave Twinkleshine and the next time we meet, I will meet the real Twinky or I’ll get all the answers I want to know, and in return, your secret remains with me. Agreed?"

I didn't really have much of a choice, so I had to agree.

I wanted to say something, but Starry said in a sad voice "Don't say anything, just come on, we have to go," Starry looked devastated and I understood, I had taken Twinky’s body, and maybe Twinky was gone.

When we left the house Hopelight and Starry had to go one way and us the other, so while Twinkleshine and Hopelight were saying goodbye, Starry came up to me and said, “For now no one will know what's going on, but if the next time we meet you don't give me an answer then things will change, I hope you remembered what I told you' and then with a stone face walked along with Hopelight, clearly hiding her emotions”.

'I've just been saved by incredible good fortune' I thought, and I seemed to want to rejoice, which I felt as if a huge stone lay on my soul.


All the way, Twinkleshine and I walked in silence, and when we got on the train, we sat in our seats and Twinkleshine asked me the question, 'How did it go? Did you enjoy it?"

"I did," I replied without emotion.

"When I went up to Starry's room I thought I heard screaming, are you sure you was all right?” asked Twinkleshine.

'You imagined it, I'm fine,' I answered immediately.

Twinkleshine pulled me to her and said, "You don't have to tell me the truth, I understand because we are sisters, we have a special bond and I subconsciously know that something is wrong with you and lately I have been noticing more and more that you are behaving differently. Of course we all have to have our secrets, but you don't fool me and your ears are very clear that there is something wrong with you, but that's not the main thing. The important thing is that you never deceive yourself, don't lie to yourself and then it will be easier for you to communicate with others and build your life and you won't have so many secrets that you want to leave undisclosed, hence it will be much easier for you in your conscience".

We spent the rest of the journey home in silence.


We got home, ate dinner and took turns taking a bath, Twinkleshine first, then me. As it was getting close to night time, after a short reading of some magic books, I got ready to go to bed.

After putting all the things in their places, I put out the light in the room and climbed onto the bed, climbed under the covers and tried to sleep, but I couldn't do it, in my mind countless times today was going through my mind and just as countless times the words that Twinkleshine had told me on the train came to my mind.

'Twinkleshine's right, though,' I thought.

'I don't need to lie to myself, I don't need to pretend to be someone else so that those around me think everything is fine...' I continued to ponder.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, “come in,” I answered.

Twinkleshine opened the door and walked over to my bed without turning on the light.

"It seems you've had a not good day today, I can see you're feeling a bit down, but I understand and I won't ask you about it," Twinkleshine said, “But if you want to talk about something, no matter what, remember that I am always there for you, for I am your big sister and will always be happy to help you, whatever happens" Twinkleshine went on to say.

"I understand, thank you big sis" I said then Twinkleshine used magic to adjust my blanket and after hugging me tightly she left the room without a word.

After that moment, after all my days in this world, after seeing the look in Starry's eyes when she didn't get an answer to her question about real Midnight Twinkle, when she realized I wasn't the pony, not the pony she cared about, after seeing that Twinkleshine is a wonderful pony and an incredibly kind and good sister, I made an extremely important conclusion to myself, 'I don't want to take this body, this life, this destiny from a pony named Midnight Twinkle she deserves this life, because it is her life, She built it and I don't have the right to take it away, even though I actually enjoyed life in this world, in this family, I pledge myself that I will definitely enroll in the school for gifted unicorns, I will definitely read every book that exists about magic, I will definitely find a way home and I will definitely find a way to make Midnight Twinkle return to this world, to her rightful place, I will definitely do my best and do my best to achieve my goal'.

And before I fell asleep I involuntarily whispered, 'Midnight Twinkle, I will surely bring you back, and in the meantime, I will do my best to make you happy when you return'.

Author's Note:

Hi all! I'm surprised this story is still getting positive reviews, I'm very gladly!
I promise to finish this story before the end, Pinkie promise!:pinkiehappy:
I won't make excuses, all the blame is on me, sorry about the update schedule, but I'm still alive!:twilightblush:

the photo Twinky received:

Comments ( 11 )

Didn't like it, that I put it on the Maybe Dead bookshelf yesterday? ;-)

11143437
Yes! this is the main reason for the update! (Joke! or not? :raritywink: )

11143446
Both. Just a good timing. :rainbowlaugh:

Wonderful story so far, I can hardly wait for more. :pinkiehappy:

that photo looks horrifying. they looked like OC characters made from procedural random generator.

11148182
haha, an unusual review of the photo, in any case, everyone has their own opinion🤔

11148554
it's a sub-genre of harem school anime. come to meet the demands of reader who hate typical wimp protagonist.
protagonist has some kind of military or political background a pro in his field. he's somehow get into school and tangled with accidents that require his speciality. he has "serious persona" that only come out when situation called.
if the story was set in real world, he would have some kind of connections with western government.

11214735
An interesting viewpoint
But I already have the finale ready, but unfortunately the main content suffers a bit

uis

Great story

uis

Any hope?

hello, are you going to continue this?

Login or register to comment