• Published 18th May 2021
  • 1,351 Views, 48 Comments

Changeling's Best Friend - 23 KM To Nerdiness



Painfully pwecious times lie ahead...💞

  • ...
3
 48
 1,351

Training

"Now, we are going to try this again."

"Bark!"

"Well, the more you mess up, the longer we'll be here, now go again."

"Mmmm..."

"Shake."

Grub lifts his smol right paw, resting it atop Chrysalis' cheeseleg.

"Good," she nods, putting his arm back down. "Other paw."

Grub lifts his right paw again curiously.

"No, use the other paw."

Grub sits there for a moment, tilting his head before lifting his right paw up once again.

"No, the OTHER. PAW."

"..."

"..."

Grub lifts his left paw up.

"Thank you!" the changeling huffs, shaking the pup's fluffy paw. "Now, this next test is in defensive maneuvers and will get a little intense. Do you wish to continue?"

"Yip!" Grub barks, wagging his little bottom in the air.

"Very well then.....EVADE!"

The energetic critter playfully rolls over to the side as Chrysalis flings a dagger that pierces the dirt, missing the funny furball.

"Stay on your paws, keep moving!"

Knives and stones come hurling forth, chasing after the rolling ruffer. After evading in a complete circle around the changeling, Grub sits in front of her excitedly.

"Impressive. Now, jab!"

Grub stands and staggers on his hind legs and weakly slaps his soft paws against the queen's hard hoof.

"Excellent, remember to taunt your enemies!"

"Ruff! Rrrruff! Ruhrurh..."

"Ouch, and that hurt my feelings. Good work, soldier."

Chrysalis dangles a bone biscuit in her magic and delicately rests it upon Grub's sniffing nose, gaining his full attention.

"Mmmm..." he whines.

"Stand your ground, Grub. Learn to resist."

The poor pup's face twitches under the treat's alluring aroma, his heavy pants of exhaustion fill the air.

"Hold it steady. Hold it......NOW!"

Grub flips the biscuit off his nose and crunches it to bits.

"Nice! You've shown great speed and discipline today, Grub. Strength needs work, but you'll grow into it."

"Ruff!"

"I found this Twilight doll during our little escapade yesterday," Chrysalis states, tossing a button-eyed ragdoll of the adorkable egghead before the curious doggie. "Practice your bite on that while you're at it. Put those chompers to good use."

In attack mode, Grub pounces on the toy and roughly slams it against the ground with his nubby teeth, moving all of its stuffing to the doll's backside and amusing bug horse.

"You're right, she has packed the pounds there lately." she chuckles, sitting down beside the playing pup.

"Bark!"

Chrysalis smirks.

"Heh......good boy."