• Published 20th May 2021
  • 243 Views, 0 Comments

Daring Do and the Quest of the Golden Book - LightningChaser04



Rainbow Dash decides to do a little adventuring. And then she sees..

  • ...
 0
 243

———•••———

It was a pleasant summer afternoon at Pinkie Pie’s house. The girls, except for Fluttershy, Sci-Twi, Applejack and Rarity were playing Monopony. Monopony is the pony version of Monopoly.

Pinkie rolled a 9. Her token was at White Tail Woods. She moved her token; the friendship express 9 spaces across the board to Califoalnia. Which belonged to Rainbow. Pinkie paid the rent, 150 Monopony dollars.

Rainbow rolled a 10 and moved from Neigh York to Canterlot. Which she decided to buy for 230 Monopoly dollars.

Sunset landed on Griffonstone, and got into trouble with the griffons thanks to a chance card. (go to jail)

After a long, tiring game won by Sunset, Pinkie brought out a box full of truth or dare chits.

Sunset chose truth.
“What is the most embarrassing moment of your life?” read Sunset. “Walking on all fours the first time I got here.” she admitted.

Rainbow chose a dare.
“Go on an actual real adventure.” read Rainbow.
“Ok.. but tomorrow. I need to go sleep before the big day.” Rainbow stretched her hands out.

The girls had loads of fun. Best. Day. Ever!! The biggest surprise was how Pinkie could pull a waterslide out of her hair. But everybody shrugged it off. Pinkie being Pinkie!

While Rainbow was returning home, she bumped into a lavender-haired girl. She also had a few peach streaks in her mane.
“Oh, are you ok?” asked Rainbow.
“I’m ok, what about you. OMG we didn’t even properly introduce ourselves. Hi, I’m Syntax Silver. Who’re you?”
“I’m ok Syntax. I’m Rainbow Dash by the way. Nice to meet you!” replied Rainbow.
“That’s a cool name!”
“Thanks! Yours too!”
“Hey, wanna hang out?” asked Syntax.
“Sure, Syntax! How about at the Robo Café, 10 AM?” suggested Rainbow to her new friend.
“Ok! Sounds great!”
“Bring some of your Daring Do books. We can discuss on that.”
“Ok Rainbow. Bye!”
“Bye Synt!”


Rainbow Dash was dashing (no pun intended) across her room collecting all kinds of adventure supplies. “Water bottle, food, tent, bug spray, mosquito repellent, weird egg-shaped robot. WEIRD EGG SHAPED ROBOT?? What’s that doing here?” Rainbow Dash examined the egg bot. She pressed a button, which made a dark blue pineapple person thing appear in her room.

“Um, hello. Who are you? What are you doing here?” asked Rainbow nervously.
“I’m Sonic the Hedgehog, fastest hero in the world. You are?”
“Rainbow Dash.”
“Why am I here? I was just playing coconut hurl with Knuckles. Where am I?”
“A, you’re in Canterlot City. B, what’s coconut-hurl. C, who’s Knuckles?”
“Knuckles is an echidna friend of mine. The last one of his kind. He’s muscular, but not that smart.
And coconut hurl involves one player throwing the other at a coconut tree, to see how many coconuts fall down. Surprisingly, nobody gets hurt.”

Sonic spotted the egg bot. He saw an icon on it. He gasped. “Eggman..” he said under his breath.
“Hey, did you happen to see an evil guy come through here? Fat, wears sunglasses all the time, bald with a weird moustache?” asked Sonic.
“No.. why do you ask?”
“This robot was built by him, and somehow brought me here.”
Rainbow opened the access panel. Sonic peeped inside. “Where’s Tails when you need him?”
“Who’s Tails?”
“Yellow fox friend of mine. He has 2 tails. He’s an inventor, so he knows this sciency stuff.”
“Maybe Twilight can crack it! But, uh-oh.. it’s 9:45. My friend said to meet her at 10. Gotta go, bye!”

Rainbow picked up her bag and zoomed over to the cafe. Sonic gasped. Only he could run at speeds like that! Sonic decided to catch up with Rainbow to see where she was going, and ask her the source of her speed.

In a matter of ten seconds, Sonic caught up with her.
“Whoa! You’re fast!” remarked Rainbow.
“Thanks, you too. How’re you running so fast?” asked Sonic.
“It’s because of this geode. It has Equestrian magic in it which helps me, and only me, run this fast. My friends have similar geodes, which are all connected. I can’t overuse it.

Lucky you, you can speed up anywhere, anytime.”

“Heh. Yeah, and what’s Equestria?”
“Land filled with colourful ponies. And counterparts of all of us. Except my friend Sunset. She’s a pony, but when she came here, she became a human.”

In 15 seconds, they reached the cafe. Everybody looked at Sonic strangely, but just figured out that he was an Equestrian creature. But he is NOT.

Rainbow saw Syntax Silver sitting at one of the tables with another boy.
“Hey, Syntax!” she called.
“Oh, hey Rainbow! Why’s an Equestrian creature in here? Is it here to take over the world?” asked Syntax.
“I’m Sonic the Hedgehog. And no, I’m not from Equestria. And I’m a hero.”
“Oh, nice to meet you Sonic. I’m Syntax Silver, and this is my friend, Moonshine.” replied Syntax.
“Hey there! Quick question. Why do you look like a pineapple?” asked Moonshine.

After a nice chat and smoothies,
Rainbow Dash, Sonic, Syntax, and Moon set off to find adventure. The four went into the jungle. They went deeper, and deeper until they saw a temple. The three humans gasped. “Chicomoztoc..” said Rainbow and Moon, while Syntax said “Juatchadoon..”
The other two humans facepalmed. Moonshine thought to himself. You watch way too much phineas and ferb. Everyone knows that isn’t real! I mean, how could people have a triangle head? That’s insane! Or a teal platypus!!

The heroes decided to look around first. Sonic spotted an orangish person in a tree. This orange girl had a hat, and greyish hair. Naturally grey. She looked to be 16 or 17. The three humans were surprised. “DARING DO!!” they yelled out in excitement. This caught Daring’s attention.

“You’re gonna wake up the entire forest!” said Daring, angrily, yet quietly.
“Sorry..” said the three.
“Ok, who are you and what are you doing here?” asked Daring.
“I’m Rainbow Dash. This is Syntax Silver, and Moonshine. The pineapple person is Sonic the Hedgehog. He’s from a different world. And me and him have super speed. So it’d be really great if you’d let us join in.”
“Okay. You guys can come, but do exactly what I say.” replied the explorer.

The 3 girls, 1 boy, and 1 hedgehog walked into the temple of Chicomoztoc. They went past the arrow traps, across the puzzle tiles, and found a key with a small crown on it. The 5 heroes took it and proceeded.

Syntax and Moonshine wandered into a room to check what was in it, and whether there was any treasure in there. Syntax saw a bracelet with a lavender star-shaped gem on it. It matched her hair, (and pony doppelgänger’s cutie mark) so she wore it. She immediately was lifted into the air. She felt connected to the enchanted icicles in there. Moonshine was worried about his crush. The icicles formed different shapes visible to her alone. The icicles looked like a map. They even pinpointed a Golden Book in a room with a cute puppy on its door. Moonshine also saw another bracelet. It had a white moon shaped gem on it. He too rose up in the air and somehow turned a stone into a cheese slice. He immediately rushed to it and ate it. 5 second rule!

Syntax was also pulled down. They caught up to their group and told them about the bracelets.
“From personal experience, I can say that those are yours.” said Rainbow Dash.
“Whoa! Cool bracelets!” said Sonic.

The five heroes saw a door with a puppy picture on it.
“I saw a door like this with my bracelet! To open it, you have to put the pup inside to sleep.” said Syntax.
“Thanks Syntax!” replied Daring and took out a bobby pin from her fanny pack. She picked the lock and was met by a lick on the face. Cookie the Beagle.

After a few hundred rounds of “Chase the Rainbow or the Blue”
or “Fetch the Rock-turned-bone or explorer hat”
Cookie went to sleep. Daring took her hat out of the pup’s mouth. “I need to wash this” she thought to herself. Another wall just disappeared, allowing them to take out the book. They took it and went to the cafe to read it.

The end. Bye!

Author's Note:

Syntax Silver is an OC of Rainbowfan45.

Moonshine’s Fate Weaver’s.