• Published 28th May 2021
  • 790 Views, 9 Comments

Nightmare Night At Equestria Horror Land - Lonely Fanboy48



During the night of Equestria Land, magic from Tantabus spread over from Equestria while turning the theme park into a horror park.

  • ...
1
 9
 790

Happily Never Ending

Sunset had spent so much time hiding from the angry mob, she couldn’t even try to fight back, with how strong they’d gotten from the magic. She managed to head back to the entrance where she and the principals came in. “This is getting ludicrous! None of this would’ve happened if I had never thrown this party.” She panted.

To make matters worse for her, she witnessed Fluttershy cackling at her from above. She was holding on to Celestia thanks to her strength as a vampire. “No matter what you do, you'll never stop us.” She landed on the ground.

“Then what do you want me to do? Be your slave?” Sunset acts casually. “This park is a lot more dysfunctional than horrifying.”

“What, do you expect anyone here to be bleeding?” Fluttershy smirked. “I would take advantage of my appetite if that happens.” She walked up to Sunset, receiving an offer to her. “Instead I’m giving you a choice for the better.” She placed her hand on Sunset’s neck while softly rubbing it. “Let me turn you into a vampire.”

“Never happening.” Sunset putting her hand away. “Being on your side isn’t worth it. I would rather get eaten by zombies than live my life like that.”

Fluttershy kept her grip on Celestia, making sure she didn't escape. “So what? You're better off doing devious things than eating candy all the time. If you deny my offer then I’ll make you regret it.” She grabbed Celestia by the neck. “I’ll bite your principal's neck so I can turn her into a vampire.”

“Please Sunset! I hate vampires.” Celestia screamed, trying to resist.

“Seriously!?” Sunset landing on her knees. “You’re gonna pretend she’s your adopted mother or something?”

“Who knows? Maybe she’ll make a fantastic ally.” Fluttershy said cockily, playing with Celestia’s hair. “But let me tell you, the moment you exposed that you weren’t an actual vampire to us, you still deserve a second chance.”

“Like stopping the angry mob from chasing me?”

“Seems fair right. And if you do the deed, I’ll let her go.”

Sunset can only pray if Luna can do something fast enough before she turns into a vampire. Sending Celestia home would be one thing but knowing she won’t turn back if she turned into a vampire once the Tantabus source of magic disappears, Canterlot High won’t have a principal they know and respect.

Back in the tent, the surge itself surrounds Luna, trapping her in a void with no escape. Knowing the dark magic abilities coming from the surge are responsible for the forcefield, Luna just figures out the solution to stop this madness.

“I’ve struggled to escape from Princess Luna, and I’m not taking that risk again.” Tantabus said, looking straight to Luna who’s floating in the void.

“Sorry to butcher your goal, but I’m not willing to side with you.” Luna glared. “And you can’t force me!”

The surge only got madder, with the eyes getting brighter and brighter. “You’re right, but I can make you do it!”

The surge got closer to the Vice Principal, about to come into her to take full control of her body. But Luna backed away. “I don’t care how endless this void is, I can do this forever if I need to.”

But then, the surge got faster, as it seeped into Luna while heading straight to the heart. Back at the entrance, Sunset refuses to have even her principal get into permanent trouble. She got back on her feet and made her decision.

“Let her go, let’s just get this over with.”

Celestia was shocked, knowing her student would sacrifice herself for the sake of her future. “Sunset, you can’t do this.”

“I’ve got my memories getting ripped out of my brain. If you saw that, you would believe me.”

After Fluttershy let go of Celestia, she headed behind Sunset preparing to bite her neck. Sunset closed her eyes, preparing for the moment to come, from the friend who had second thoughts of coming here. She brought this upon herself and she’s not willing to have her principal deal with this since she convinced her and her sister to come.

In the void, Luna couldn’t control herself inside due to the surge. Her arms and legs became more numb as the seconds ticked by, allowing the Tantabus’s source to take advantage. “I’m not your puppet!” Luna shouted.

“What can you do to stop me?” The surge taunted. “You’re insignificant, compared to what I dealt with and when you see it, You will understand…”

Luna’s eyes glow up while she screams in agony. Twilight dealt with this in the past and it was when her inner demons got the better of her. But Luna isn’t a teenager like the others and she’s not gonna stand for it.

“Understand?” Luna snapped out of it. “I don’t take abusive orders from the likes of you.” She grabbed the surge’s leg as she used her strength to pull it out. “If you think I’m gonna end up like Luna, you're wrong, because I’m Luna! Princess or not!”

She managed to pull the whole surge out of her, despite the pain she felt from the Tantabus’s surge. “You're not the Dark Princess!?”

“I may don’t know about my counterpart from Equestria, but I know I’m just as brave as her!” She placed her hands on the surge’s horn which caused her to feel the dark magical force from it. But she’s not letting go. With Tantabus’s eyes glowing lighter, the outside of the void also got brighter, taking the other humanoid monsters by notice.

Back at the entrance, Fluttershy was just seconds away from biting Sunset’s neck, but Celestia noticed a surge of light taking up the whole theme park. The monsters stood still while the void sucked them in. Soon all of Sunset’s friends get sucked into the void, and so does Celestia, Sunset and Fluttershy. With the void touching the forcefield, the forcefield started to crack, breaking into pieces as another beam of light shot out, resulting in the Tantabus being sent back to Equestria. Sent to another vold where it won’t escape into the Mirror World again.


The following day, all of the students are back to being their normal selves, but they had a headache after last night. They couldn’t sleep nor had the energy to take off their outfits upon heading home. In the health center of Canterlot High, after helping a few students, Nurse Redheart put a bandaid on Sunset’s neck. Just a normal sized one, Fluttershy’s vampire teeth had turned back to normal when she bit her friend’s neck. It still bled slightly, but it was better than turning into a vampire.

“You really need to be mostly accountable for what happened at Equestria Land.” Redheart said curtly, taking the ice pack away from the patient.

“I just wanted to throw a horror party, I didn’t think this would happen again.” Sunset placed her hand on her neck. “I need to tell Principal Celestia and Luna about this.”

“Well the good news is, they’re waiting outside for you. They're planning to talk with you in their office, but you’re not in trouble.”

Sunset saw through the door window that Celestia and Luna are waiting for her to have a conversation in the cafeteria. She can tell they’re not happy after everything that happened last night, but they’re not furious.

After Sunset got out of the health center, her Principal and Vice Principal immediately headed to the cafeteria, which is empty during the morning. “Sunset, if I would’ve told you what I did with Tantabus last night, you would’ve done something different then me.”

“Well I was surprised you actually saved everyone but I was unconscious and couldn’t pay any attention.” Sunset responded. “But...why am I not getting detention?”

“For one, we were mostly guests to your party.” Celestia placed her arm on the table. “And for two, you actually saved me from being turned into a vampire. And giving you detention wouldn’t be fair when the students were mostly invited by you and your friends in the first place.”

Sunset was happy enough last night didn’t end any other way, otherwise Canterlot High would’ve been postponed or canceled for the day. But on the other hand, she still couldn’t get over how the Equestrian Magic situation damaged her party.

“I would thank you, but I’m concerned that what happened last night could come back, but way worse.” Sunset lowered her head, not even fully awake after passing out.

“Then why don’t you find where it’s coming from?” Luna offered.

“Because there’s more places where Equestain Magic is coming from, mainly the island during my spring break with my friends.” Sunset took a deep breath while lifting her head up. “It’s impossible to make everything around me safe from it.”

Celestia and Luna knew Sunset would be in denial after everything she went through. And after dealing with the experience last night, they’re fully aware this situation could happen again in the future.

“Find where it’s coming from, mainly the first spot where it came from.” Celestia giving advice. “For all I know, it seems it’s the only spot where it’s causing all of this trouble.”

Sunset wanted to handle more, but with the little evidence she has, finding where the magic’s coming from would take weeks or even months. “Okay, thanks for the advice, but I won’t guarantee I can find it soon enough.”

Celestia and Luna got up upon hearing their student’s goal outside of Canterlot High. “Hey if there's anything good that comes out of this, at least we will be on your side, as always.”

“Not to mention.” Luna smiled. “If there’s any chance you’re heading back to Equestria, maybe it would be nice to come along to meet our counterparts, for at least once.”

“Yeah...but don’t expect anyone in Equestria to give in to the idea of two clones. Just saying.” Sunset replied, getting up from the table.

“We can wear disguises, it's not the end of the world.”

As the two principals head to their office, Sunset also went to her classes for the day. Although talking to her friends would require more time after the night they had last night.


At the end of the school day, Sunset came out of her final class with Fluttershy by her side. She wasn't able to put away the ice pack after the pain she had in her skull, and the same goes to everyone in Canterlot High.

“Fluttershy, we all know you didn’t mean to bite my neck, but it was mostly my fault.” Sunset said while walking by Fluttershy in the hallway. “I should’ve let you stay home.”

“I just wanted to contribute.” Fluttershy spoke. “I didn’t know I would turn into a real vampire.”

“If I was there when it happened, you would probably be in my costume. Although I’m never gonna do a movie marathon like that ever again.”

They witnessed Twilight and the others waiting by the entrance, with ice packs on their heads. They would be thankful that Tantabus is gone from this world, but they’re not even surprised anymore.

“If you think we’re blaming you for the whole marathon, it’s not that, the healing process is taking forever.” Twilight said, trying to open her eyes a bit wider.

“Not to mention I couldn’t even get my beautiful hair to comb right.” Rarity said, running her fingers through her hair.

“By the way, Vignette wants us to come over to Equestria Land after school to help take the decorations down.” Applejack added. “We should head over there right now.”

“Wait.” Sunset stops her friends before they head out. “Celestia and Luna told me to find where the source of Equestrian Magic is coming from. This has been happening since our trip to Camp Everfree.”

“Yes, we have to find it!” Pinkie Pie said, feeling a bit sick, placing her hand on her stomach. “I’ve haven't had that much candy since I was seven.”

Her friends would agree with her but on the other hand, they don’t want to waste anymore of their time. “Can we just think about this later?” Twilight moaned. “It’s not surprising anymore and last night was a lot more chaotic to think about.”

“Why don’t you just tell Princess Twilight, so she might have an answer to this?” Fluttershy offered.

“I could, but I don’t think even she can figure out how it’s appearing in this world.” Sunset walking up to the door. “When one of us finds out where it’s coming from, I’ll remind her.” She heads out the door where her friends think about when and where they find the magic.

“I can see we’re getting to the point where this magic situation is becoming stale, but much worse and way more unpredictable.” Applejack commented.

“Don’t worry, as soon as we find it, we may know who’s responsible for it.” Twilight smiled as she walked out. But when she saw her friend standing in place, her main goal had already been completed. “Sunset?”

All that her friend did was pointed at the statue, which revealed the Equestain Magic leaking out, heading to different locations. Soon all of her friends came out and saw the source. After all this time, they never thought that the portal to Equestria was the birthplace of Equestria Magic in this world. All they did was stare at the statue from above with more magic leaking out.

“Well, that escalated quickly.” Rainbow blinked.

“We’ve been spending our time by this stature and not one of us ever glanced at this?” Rarity asked, with her eye twitching slightly.

“Okay, we definitely need Princess Twilight for this.” Pinkie quipped, being truthful. Instead of even bothering to follow where the magic is heading too, they all headed back to Equestria Land to help clean up. Sunset and Twilight still remained in place in front of the statue.

“This time, Pinkie Pie is right. Princess Twilight needs to come back to see this.” Sunset turned to her friend with her eyes shot open. “Twilight?”

“I’ve just remembered, It was me that caused this when I turned into Midnight Sparkle. I feel like I’m partly responsible for this.”

All that Twilight did was faint with her headache coming back at full speed, while Sunset caught her from hitting her head on the ground. “This is gonna take a long time to repair.”

Author's Note:

Sorry I didn't much of this but in all honesty, I didn't wanted to cancel this since some fans wanted a Halloween special from Equestria Girls. I had ideas for other characters like Sunset's friends while making the chase bit longer with Celestia but since I've put her in a princess outfit, those plans have changed.

As the sequence between Luna and Tantabus, I doubt it could've been more better then I planned. So...this is pretty much the only Halloween fanfic I'm ever gonna do. And it sums up why I'm way more limited to do these stories because of my lack of confidence by doing something different.

Generation 5 maybe coming out but...let's just say my expectations on the characters are low at the moment so I'm not sure if I'm gonna come up with new fanfic ideas yet. So aside from other projects in the meantime, I'm gonna do a We Bare Bears Christmas fanfic soon along with the crossover story I've published weeks ago. And maybe two more Christmas stories for MLP and EqG but still haven't decided on that out yet.

P.S. I'm not doing a sequel towards this, I have zero interest. Sorry.

Comments ( 1 )

My Little review & Feedback I did this review I had fun reading this a little bit.

Login or register to comment