• Published 28th May 2021
  • 788 Views, 9 Comments

Nightmare Night At Equestria Horror Land - Lonely Fanboy48



During the night of Equestria Land, magic from Tantabus spread over from Equestria while turning the theme park into a horror park.

  • ...
1
 9
 788

Movies Of Horror

Sunset Shimmer and her friends have been doing their horror movie marathon ever since October had started. The final movie they are watching is a zombie movie, whilst wearing their costumes of their favorite horror movie characters. Sunset has her vampire outfit on along with her goth makeup, Rainbow has her marine uniform with a prop gun behind her back, Applejack wears a dirty farm outfit, representing one of the survivors escaping from the zombie apocalypse, Rarity wears a dark knight outfit that only she could afford, Pinkie Pie is dressed up as a zombie. and Twilight wears a mad scientist outfit after watching the Frankenstein movie yesterday.

“Is it almost done?” Fluttershy hiding being the couch.

“Yes…” Sunset sighed. “If you didn’t want to come while also refusing to wear a costume, you could've just told us.”

“I just wanted to watch that Nightmare Before Holiday film, it was spectacular.”

“Is that really worth hiding from all the horror moments in all of the movies we watched?” Rainbow replied.

“Yeah, you’ve spent the whole night hiding behind Sunset’s couch.” Twilight responded.

Fluttershy almost forgot how long she spent hiding, then leaving Sunset’s place after watching the only horror movie she picked for the marathon. To the point that even since this month began, she has never watched almost all the movies her friends picked out. She then heard the light switch flick on after her friends finished the zombie movie.

“You can get up now.” Applejack called, while Fluttershy stood up, seeing the end credits of the movie.

“Well that should be it for tonight.” Twilight said, feeling satisfied. “After watching three horror movies in a row, that’s enough for me.”

“Especially after watching those disturbing zombies rise from the ground.” Rarity added.

“Hey, at least it wasn’t rated R. They would’ve been more brutal.” Sunset replied.

With most of her friends taking their movies while also changing in the bathroom, Fluttershy is still standing behind the couch, still frozen in fear after hearing the screams from the movies.

“You really need to take your word legitimately, if you're willing to watch with us.” Sunset said, taking off her wig and taking the vampire teeth out of her mouth. “If the Nightmare Before Holiday movie is all you wanted to watch, you might have just stayed home and watched it.”

“I’m sorry, I just don’t like this holiday that much.” Fluttershy responded.

“If that’s the case, why do you keep going to parties celebrating this holiday?” Applejack called while still changing in the bathroom.

“You do this every single year.” Rainbow added. “During this time of the month, you avoid doing anything related to this holiday.”

“Rainbow, it’s not like she’s being dishonest, she’s just not into the spirit like the rest of us.” Twilight added.

This only made Fluttershy feel a lot more disappointed in herself. She celebrates all the holidays with her friends, but not this one in particular. “Maybe there’s nothing better for me to do when everyone is celebrating this time of year.”

“Hey, it’s fine if you don’t like this holiday, but all you’ve been doing is racking the leaves, even when most of the leaves are still attached to the trees.” Sunset recalled.

“Is there anything you could’ve done besides that?” Rainbow asked, putting her normal outfit back on.

During this time of the month, besides doing school work and helping animals, she didn’t even think of the other alternatives available, since Fall began. “Maybe...helping put up the decorations of people’s front yards?”

This only made Sunset roll her eyes. “You do realize if they learn about you not really liking this holiday, they would be better off doing the decorations by themselves.”

Fluttershy couldn’t even consider how much anyone around her would tell she’ll never be in the holiday spirit. It was a lot more complicated to find different alternatives nowadays for herself. She took a seat on Sunset’s couch while sighing in distress. “I just want to contribute something.”

As Sunset’s friends head outside the bathroom with their clothes back on, they all had one thing in common before entering the following month. “So what are we gonna do for the next three days?” Twilight asked. “We’re close to the end of the month and we’ve watched all the movies.”

“Yeah, we never went this far after watching every horror movie in our collections.” Rarity commented.

“How about we just call it a month?” Applejack offered. “It was exhausting to watch all of the movies since the month started. It’s not like we can make those movies a reality.”

They took the country girl’s word into consideration. It’s not accurate for a group to do a movie marathon involving horror and thriller. “You're right.” Sunset said.

“Wait!” Pinkie jumped from out of nowhere. “How about we make those movies a reality!?”

“You mean...like doing a party of all the movies we’ve just watched?” Rainbow wondered.

“Yes. It would be just like Bulk Biceps’ Costume Party, except we’re wearing costumes celebrating horror thrillers!”

“That seems like a good idea.” Twilight smiled.

“But don’t you think throwing a party with so many horror elements seems...claustrophobic when you realize we're throwing a party in a small house.” Rarity commented.

“Yeah it seems like it would be way more work than it's worth to fit everything in a building like this.” Applejack added.

Sunset found Pinkie Pie’s idea a great one at that, but she admits that if the party happens in one of his friend’s houses, it wouldn’t resolve the issue for how small the buildings are.

“Rarity.” Sunset turned to the Fashionista. “You say that Equestria Land is always closed in this season and the following season right?”

“Yeah, mainly the weather getting colder and colder, Vignette doesn’t want anyone to get a cold while going on the rides there.” She answered.

This gave Sunset an idea. It was an opportunity to invite many of their friends while redesigning the whole theme park with all the horror aesthetics, movies included.

“Let’s just say, she’s gonna have a lot of ticket sales for the first time this season.” Sunset smirked.

Fluttershy would love to be part of the party with all of her friends, but she’s worried she won’t fit in. She would rather make the choice by staying home instead of staying in the shadows during the whole night at Equestria Land.


The following day in Canterlot High, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are working on the flyers for the Horror Party at Equestria Land with Applejack and Twilight talking to their classmates to help out on the decorations.

Sunset and Rarity agreed on the outfits they’re gonna wear at the party but they didn’t forget they have spare outfits. “So...you're thinking we should have an adult, wearing a dark princess outfit?” Sunset asked.

“Why yes.” Rarity closed her eyes. “You know someone can take the role of the dark princess since the adult actress plays the character in the film.”

“Okay, so what adult should we get to play the Dark Princess?”

“Way, ahead of you.” The two head to the office where the Principal and Vice Principal are working. Sunset didn’t think she wanted Celestia or Luna to be part of the horror party especially during a school night. She understands how much Rarity adores the Dark Princess film, but is still unsure if her principals would approve of the idea.

Rarity knocked on the door while receiving an answer. “Come in.” Celestia responded as Luna opened the door, allowing Rarity and Sunset to enter inside. “Is there anything you need?”

“We’re gonna throw a horror party at Equestria Land and Rarity wants an adult to be the Dark Princess.” Sunset answered.

The two principals remembered the time they watched the Dark Princess during their twenties, but they don’t consider it as their favorite horror film. “May I ask, why did you come to us? You should realize we don’t have any more weekends in this month.”

The two students had not forgotten the party was taking place on a school night, but they were fully aware of it. “But darlings, this holiday is mostly unappreciated. Kids going from house to house while wearing costumes to show their passion for this holiday.” Rarity closed her eyes in delight.

“Here’s the thing girls, we’re not as into this holiday unlike you.” Luna walked up from the left. “Yes we once enjoyed this occasion when we were your age, but it’s not like we always glorify horror in the present day.”

“And considering this party’s happening at a theme park, don’t you think it would make a difference if you had it at your houses?” Celestia asked.

“Because we wanted to celebrate all of the horror movies we’ve watched.” Sunset said while showing photos of the horror movies. “My friends feel like doing a party involving one or two horror movies...isn’t gonna make this holiday anything special.”

“So I’m guessing you watched more than twenty movies huh?”

“It’s called a marathon, have you ever had a marathon aside from school activity?”

The two adults look at each other, uncertain about the last time they ever had a marathon for themselves. Celestia always took her time on her personal activities compared to Luna who sometimes did a lot during the week.

“We did, but that was a long time ago.”

“How will one of us being in a Dark Princess outfit affect the party in a positive way?” Luna added. “I mean sure, I will say I enjoy the film and the lady actress does a splendid job as the Dark Princess, but there are other horror lady costumes I would prefer to wear.”

Sunset and Rarity would respect the opinion from their vice principal, but aside from that, they really didn’t have other options. “But Celestia, Luna, this is gonna be exciting.” Rarity said while placing her hand on the desk. “Think about it, the whole theme park will be way more than a party.”

“Yeah like a real life horror experience.” Sunset added. “And besides, you two had a great time during your trip to the Starswirl Festival. It wouldn’t hurt to at least spend one school night at Equestria Land.”

The sisters always remember most of the trips they took. Aside from the Starswirl Festival, they rarely went outside of their homes during the holidays, to really enjoy the theme of said holiday. All expect this holiday of horror and propaganda.

“On second thought, the more I think about it, Luna and I haven't watched a lot of horror films over the past five years.” Celestia responded. “Then again, me taking the role of the Dark Princess doesn’t seem so simple.”

“Then I’ll take the role, granted this is not Broadway, but I can rewatch the film before I can rent a costume for it.” Luna smiled.

“So, you two are coming to the horror party?” Sunset blinked.

“Yes. School night or not, we’ve barely done much when this month began.” Celestia answered. “As long as you have everything set up as an actual horror theme party to convince us, we would appreciate this holiday much more.”

With their Dark Princess solution taken care of, all that’s left for them is for Vignette and the others to decorate Equestria Land before the final day of the month arrives. Even if it would lead to so much time preparing for everything, it would be well worth the wait.

“Trust us Celestia, you wouldn’t believe what will happen when it’s unexpected.” Sunset smiled while heading outside the office door.

“And if your sister needs any help on the make up, I’ll take care of it if you call me.” Rarity following suit.

“We’ll work on that eventually.” Luna responded.