• Published 11th May 2021
  • 2,285 Views, 134 Comments

Factory of the Magical Variety - Conglomerate



Prospector! A new, resource rich planet has been discovered. Preparing for launch.

  • ...
4
 134
 2,285

Chapter 1: New Arrival

What the hell happened? I remember fighting off those techs, then I set down my SCU and started collecting my spoils. Then I go ambushed, the resulting impact opened up a sinkhole and then... Ah crap, there goes my SCU, of course it had to be my most expensive item, that thing was probably worth more than this entire tech I'm in right now. Well, now what?

I took a look at my surroundings for the first time, my tech was very damaged, but my cabin was fine for the most part. I also appeared to be in a cave, and at the moment my tech was completely immobile, so using the powers given to all prospectors I summoned forth the build beam... except nothing happened. Uh oh, I must be out of reach from the satellite, welp, looks like I'm doing this the old fashioned way.

Using the glorious manipulation powers from my cabin, I methodically re-attached my wheels that were scattered around the ground. I then realized another major problem, I only had nine wheels, NINE WHEELS! This is just great, I don't have access to my build beam, and now I have an odd number of wheels. Well time to get some from my inventory... Oh great, looks like I'm too far away from my storage as well. Well, if all else fails, just switch to another tech on standby, I open up my navigation menu and once again am shut down. This is great, no SCU, no inventory, and no other techs. Now would be a good time to panic.

After about ten minutes, I finally calmed down enough and decided to actually do something about my predicament. Good news is that if I'm far enough away to be unable to access anything, that means there aren't likely to be enemy techs around for the same reason. Bad news is I'm an unknown distance away from safety, and I'm in a semi-vulnerable state with an odd number of several blocks. I guess I'm going to do what I did when I first started prospecting, I then attached the ninth wheel to the top of my tech.

Now that I'm mobile, I guess it'd be a good time to take inventory. In the immediate area I had enough blocks for a medium size tech, one shield generator and two repair bubbles, one solar panel, five batteries, a single small drill, a very small amount of weapons, my mobile refinery, several small collectors, and finally... a fabricator? That was odd, I don't remember putting a fabricator on my tech, maybe one of the ones I was harvesting had one? Well, it was a valuable resource none the less, it means I could definitely build more without inventory access.

I quickly assembled a small base, it's not like I'm just going to take my most valuable items out into the unknown, though not having access to power made it that much harder to defend. Still, it would work for now, and I still had to find a way out of this cave. So, by shedding any unnecessary blocks and attaching all the guns onto my tech, I made my way out of the dead end I was apparently in. Perhaps I didn't need power to easily defend this, after all it was in a great position, it only having one entrance and all. However further down the cave I came across what was quite possibly the most important discovery of my career, a massive crystal of Harmonite, one of the rarest, and most expensive resources known. This chunk alone could bring me all the way up to the top, I could make my own corporation, not have to get licenses from others, I wouldn't even have to go prospecting ever again!

Provided I could obtain it first. I couldn't just mine it, there was absolutely no way I had the proper equipment to either mine or refine it. That meant I can't sell it or even build with it yet. So for the moment, I was just stuck with it here in my new home. First things first though, I have to hide this, make sure it's protected from anyone or anything, my entire career and even life were worth less than this thing. I headed back to my valuables and took down all the extra blocks, then I made it back to the crystal and erected a shabby but secure wall to both protect and obscure it.

With that in place I decided it was high time to find a place for my solar panel, continuing up the cave, it didn't take long to find the exit. I was not expecting what awaited me outside in the slightest, I appeared to be in the middle of a ravine, and on top of said ravine, I saw trees, lots of trees. The other side surprised me even more though, castle ruins. Let me break it down for you, on planets, plant life is rare, animals are about the same rarity as plants if not a little more, as they tend to coexist, what's even more rare, is sapient life. I was lucky enough to have ancient ruins on the previous planet, which I now knew I was no longer on, I mean come on, being too far to access anything and the differences in trees and ruins.

How I ended up on another planet I had no idea, but SCU technology can get very strange sometimes. There were more problems than just being on a different planet though, building spacefaring techs wasn't impossible, but it wasn't very easy either. The main problem I had was surviving, the problem with most fauna bearing planets was that they tended to have some hostile types, I wasn't doubting the capabilities of my current tech, but I have yet to see the local animals either. I had no idea what to expect with this new world.


Meanwhile


It wasn't everyday you get to ride in a sky chariot, it was an excited opportunity for most. But Twilight wasn't enjoying this ride in the slightest, there were more important things to worry about. She was just barely listening to Spike as he was talking, only hearing the end of his conversation.

"...and make some friends." Finished Spike.

This is gonna be a looong night. Twilight thought to herself.

To be Continued.

Author's Note:

First chapter down, having a lot of fun writing and I hope to take this story on a bit longer, I'd hate to leave this unfinished.