• Published 11th May 2021
  • 2,284 Views, 134 Comments

Factory of the Magical Variety - Conglomerate



Prospector! A new, resource rich planet has been discovered. Preparing for launch.

  • ...
4
 134
 2,284

Prologue

Three hills form a small, serene, and quiet landscape, a group of trees lay on top of one hill, another displays several large boulders, while the last one has a large yellow crystal poking up through the ground. The silence doesn't last though, as a slight rumbling in the distance gradually grows in intensity. Eventually, a large yellow machine crests the hill with trees, tearing them down as it's large sawblades and excavators loudly start up. The small chunks of wood and sap from the trees float up into the air by and unseen force and fly over to the back of the machine, being stored on a glowing blue grid.

Once finished decimating the trees on the hill the machine's massive tracks and wheels start up again. Moving over to the hill with the boulders, several glinting with an blue, metallic mineral, the machine starts up its equipment once again, intent on harvesting everything. Suddenly, gunfire erupts from the now empty hill, bullets fly across the small valley and impact the large machine, causing several smaller parts to fall off. Appearing now on the hill is a smaller, grey machine outfitted with several machine guns on top, it races across the valley and gets in close to the yellow machine, firing its guns the entire time.

The large yellow machine starts up double time and turns to aim its gigantic excavating equipment against the approaching machine. Seeing the charge, the grey machine easily maneuvers around and continues to fire upon the yellow machine, managing to break off a couple wheels and several plates of armor. The yellow machine, with quite a bit more armor to give, attempts to charge the smaller machine once again, this time grazing it and causing a huge piece of armor plating and structure to be destroyed.

Quick on the retreat, the grey machine disengages and backs up to a distance, ready to fire. It doesn't get the chance though as several missiles impact its side, tearing it apart and leaving it in pieces atop the hill. Zooming up above, a red white and blue machine flies above with wings and a propeller, it's missile battery reloading. Realizing it is now severely outmatched, the yellow machine attempts to flee the area while the flying machine slowly comes around for another run.

Suddenly, the flying machine veers off in an attempt to dodge an incoming missile. It isn't quick enough however, as the missile strikes it clear in the center, causing it to crash land through the yellow crystal atop the third hill, shattering it. Looking across the missile's smoke trail, another massive machine appears in its wake, this time however it appears to be an amalgamation of materials from all three previous machines, it isn't complete chaos though, as there is an obvious method to its design. It was armed to the metaphorical teeth, and the amalgamation quickly begins firing upon the yellow machine, tearing it to pieces in mere moments. With all its mobility options lost, the yellow machine can do nothing but simply sit and wait for its cabin to be destroyed.

With all three lesser machines clearly destroyed, the amalgamation sets down some sort of machine in the center of the battlefield. This device lifts up a grey sphere, several beams coming from the side, charging it in some way. The grey sphere implodes into black, somehow contained by the device, and several long and thin black tendrils reach out from the sphere. They fan out and begin touching the left over armor and structure materials from all three destroyed machines, lifting them up and dragging them back towards the sphere. If one looked closely enough, they could see the scrap and materials being compressed and stretched as they enter the sphere, somehow being transported elsewhere.

Then, without any warning, five red marks appear around the hills, surrounding the amalgamation and its device while it was still picking up the scrap. The marks slowly get brighter and brighter as the amalgamation quickly picks up the device and attempts to escape the small valley. It isn't quick enough however as five machines slam down, creating a small earthquake while surrounding the amalgamation.

Immediately the ground shifts, and all the machines stop in as large cracks start to form in the center of the valley. Really panicking now, the amalgamation attempts to force its way through the surrounding machines, but its back wheels sink lower into the ground as the whole valley begins to also sink. The other machines flee down the hills leaving the amalgamation stuck in the center as the ground continues to tremble. A moment later all structural integrity is lost as the valley collapses, revealing a large sinkhole underneath.

Hitting the bottom of the hole, the amalgamation sustains huge damage, knocking loose the device and forcing the grey sphere out of its containment. The malfunctioning sensors didn't appear to pick up on the problem, and the beams start back up again and begin attempting to charge the sphere. Just when it appears to be finished charging, another piece of machinery falls on top of the sphere, cracking it. This single piece appeared to be a vanity piece, in the shape of a roast turkey.

The immediate surrounding area is enveloped in a large, black sphere, including the amalgamation. When the sphere dissipates, nothing is left except a single, grey block.

Author's Note:

Here we go, I'm thinking this story it going to be quite good. I love Terratech and I hope I told a good fight scene. Stay tuned for the rest of the story!