• Published 15th May 2021
  • 254 Views, 0 Comments

Failure, Eternally Retold, Part Two: Nature's Blessings - Kiernan



As the group continues their quest, they come to know each other better.

  • ...
6
 0
 254

A Brief Summary of the Story Thus Far

Nikolas Jameson, an average human male working as a line cook suddenly found himself with a group of assassins after him. Just as he's about to die, he falls into a portal into Equestria. He is captured and held in a cage by a zookeeper, who takes him to Fluttershy to identify him and make sure he's in good health.

Things were going well until the guards showed up to arrest them both, tossing them into a cell in the castle dungeon. However, their stay wasn't long, as they were freed by a band of thieves shortly after arrival. The leader even told them where they could find more information on what was happening. What's more, the unicorn he directs them to is one Fluttershy knows and has been looking for.

With Twilight joining them, they set off for the town of San Palomino, where Kai is supposed to be waiting for them. When they arrive, however, the innkeeper gives them the wrong room and leads them into a trap. It is at this point that they're rescued, not by Kai, but by one of his compatriots. He takes them out of town, and to the place where Kai actually is; a massive library inside of a pocket dimension.

Kai explains what's going on quickly and carries them across the first step. After a magic duel, in which Kai is the victor, he is given a small orb, which he promptly gives to Nik. He tells him that there are ten they need to collect in order to protect Equestria. As he's about to explain the rest, though, they're attacked by the same ponies in cloaks from the inn. Our main party manages to escape, but the library is destroyed in the process. Kai is the only known survivor.

Joining up with the group, Kai takes them to the Grove of Dreams, and Nik is made to relive his greatest nightmare. After coming to grips with why he hates Kai, they agree to remain civil.

Their next stop is an underground arena. Twilight and Fluttershy keep watch at the entrance while Kai and Nik go underground to find the third mark. Kai goes into combat with a giant creature with four arms and is promptly beaten. However, he'd done enough damage to qualify for being impressive, so they give him the prize, anyway.

They return to the surface and the group makes their way to another graveyard. Fluttershy and Twilight decide to let Kai rest, and take his place going after the fourth token. They see many things that may happen, and they are made to see their own deaths. Fluttershy takes a deep breath and steps forward, accepting that she may die, but knowing that she has to keep trying no matter the cost. The whole world is counting on her. Seeing that, death itself gives her his blessing, and she returns to Kai with the fourth orb.

With four tokens down and six remaining, the group continues their trek across Equestria.