• Published 19th May 2021
  • 611 Views, 3 Comments

The Best of Motherhood - CAPTAIN YOSHI HD



Cadance and Stellar Flare discuss motherhood.

  • ...
0
 3
 611

The Best of Motherhood

Cadance's coffee tasted so sweet, like vanilla and caramel. She was sitting at a table in a coffee shop by herself. She was drinking coffee with vanilla cream, a lump of whipped cream resting upon the surface, and a drizzle of caramel. Vanilla was her favorite flavor for coffee, and she loved the taste of caramel that combined with the whipped cream. She was used to having somepony sitting with her, like Shining Armor, who was unfortunately doing some guard training with some recruits who recently joined. She was never a certain pony that is used to going to public food places independently.

She had been staring at her coffee for a long time. She finally looked up, only to be surprised by a pair of hooves in her view. They were like the same kind that was like somepony else's that she's acquainted with. She looked up a bit more to get a look at the mare's whole body.

She was a unicorn. Her fur was darkish orange with white marks on her hooves that reached the very bottom. Her mane and tail had the darkish color of orange, she even wore a braid in her mane. She had a sun with a swirl in the center for a cutie mark. She wore something around her neck that was like a tiny blue scarf, even though it was made of fabric. She even wore a pearl necklace above the blue piece of clothing. She was walking toward the exit.

As Cadance watched the mare exit the shop, she gulped the rest of her coffee down her throat and set the mug on the table, before heading out herself and running after the mare. "Wait!", she called.

The darkish orange mare jerked her head around and saw Cadance walking toward her. "Can I help you?", she asked, completely facing the princess.

"No, ma'am.", Cadance protested. "I'm not trying to require any assistance or something, it's just... you reminded me of somepony that works with me."

"Oh, really? Whom?", the strange mare asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Sunburst.", Cadance answered.

The unknown mare widened her eyes in surprise. "Sunburst - that's my son.", she gasped.

"He's your son?!", Cadance asked, surprised.

"Yes.", the mother of Sunburst chirped. "Stellar Flare's the name, planning's my game. And I planned on visiting my darling boy today to catch up on his current events that happened in his life."

"That's wonderful!", Cadance cheered. "You really adore him, and his career."

Stellar Flare noticed every detail of the princess's steel wearings. Her golden chest armor and her slippers. She also noticed the horn and her wings. "You must be Princess Cadance.", she pointed out. "Sunburst mentioned you in a couple of letters he sent me. About how you cared for everypony, how much of a great mother you've become, and how you ruled the kingdom along with your husband."

Cadance chuckled and waved a hoof in front of her chest. "My, my, I'm... flattered.", she said.

"I was looking forward to bumping into you, but technically, you did when I didn't notice that you were in the coffee shop.", Stellar Flare said.

"Well, it's...", Cadance started, but paused, realizing what she might say would bring their conversation to an awkward point.

"Yes?", Stellar asked.

Cadance started again by clearing her throat. "Look, this might be awkward, but... the clue that brought me to that point... was your hooves.", she admitted.

The orange unicorn looked down at her hooves. "What about them?", she inquired. "It brings up that you have an adoration for those parts that belong to a pony."

"Oh no, not at all.", Cadance protested. "It's just... they're similar to his. The bottom half of each of his hooves are white. And yours have the same color."

"Oh. Well, that's understandable.", she said with a shrug.

Cadance nodded. "Yes, indeed.", she agreed. She then gave a shy look. "Um... Ponies don't normally do this in public, but... can I have a good look at them?"

"Of course.", Stellar Flare said with a nod.

Cadance kneeled down, so her eyes can explore her new friend's hooves. "Yep, same color mark before the child. That is equal for real." She hefted one of her hooves and caressed the front area. The hoof she held was surprisingly smooth. "Even smooth as my crystal walls. They're definitely amazing." She released the hoof, allowing it to touch the ground again.

"It's nice to hear such compliments.", Stellar Flare said appreciatively. "So, you have a child of your own?"

"Yes, I sure do.", Cadance declared.

"Please tell me about the kid.", Stellar Flare pleaded excitedly.

"Oh, I... I was going to go to the crystal spa after I was finished with my drink, but since we happened to meet each other, care to join me?", Cadance offered. "I'll tell you about my daughter while we're on our way."

Stellar Flare chuckled. "I would love to join you.", she said. "Please lead the way."

-0000000-

As soon as the two befriended mares arrived at the Crystal Spa, Cadance gave Stellar Flare the grand tour. She showed her the crystal mud bath, the seats where ponies lay down to get massages, along with the sinks for the heads to lean back in, and then there was the sauna.

It was after Cadance told Stellar Flare about the tale of how she conceived Flurry Heart, her alicorn daughter. The orange mare's jaw dropped at the mention of her being born as an alicorn. Stellar always knew the fact that most ponies can't be born as alicorns. But, as the princess explained it more, she got over it.

The only thing she was focused on was the setting of the spa, even the mud bath. "This spa is quite marvelous.", she chirped. "But, I am curious about..." She pointed a hoof to the green mud filled tub. She and the love princess approached it. "I don't mean to imply the features these ponies acquire, but isn't mud supposed to be... brown."

Cadance rolled her eyes. "I know it's a little strange, but if you give the mud a chance, you'll get used to it.", she assured. "Why don't you get in?"

Stellar Flare removed her clothing materials and hung them on a rack by the towels. She stepped closer to the rim of the tub and hesitated to dip one hoof in it. She looked at Cadance, who nodded reassuringly at her, then she looked back at the green mud. She took one hoof and slowly sunk it in. It brought her by surprise, it felt wonderful. She smiled, and slowly walked in down the steps. She stopped moving downwards until she was belly deep. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. "Oh my, this is simply divine.", she said. She moved to the edge where Cadance was standing. "You're right, this mud is astounding."

Cadance giggled. "I knew you'd like it.", she said. But, that's not all. It also crystalizes your fur."

Stellar's eyes widened with wonder. "Really?", she asked.

Cadance nodded. "Yes, let's try your chest.", she suggested. "Just slowly sink it in."

Stellar did.

"Then bring it out.", Cadance said.

Stellar did that as well. She looked down at her chest, it was as shiny as a crystal. "My stars, this is really something.", she said, puffing her chest to Cadance. "It's like I'm turning into a crystal."

Cadance laughed. "It sure does.", she said. "It's also super smooth for ponies to reach out and touch." She then extended a hoof and ran it down Stellar's crystalized chest. A second later, she pulled it away and started to make her way in the tub. "So, I suppose it's your turn to tell me about your child."

"And who's my child?", Stellar Flare asked. She sat down, allowing her hind quarters and backside to submerge into the soothing green mud, leaving her head above the surface.

"Sunburst.", Cadance answered, lowering into the mud until she was down to her neck. "I thought you knew your own son."

Stellar Flare chuckled. "I'm just testing you.", she said, charismatically smirking. She then straightened her smile. And I'll have you know, that his past is a good one."

Cadance scooted closer to Stellar Flare. "Let me hear it, please.", she said.

Stellar Flare started by clearing her throat. "The day Sunburst got his cutie mark, I was incredibly proud that I sent him to Princess Celestia's magic school for gifted unicorns. And with that, the princess had him get to know everypony and made sure he was secure and comfortable."

"Just like how she did with Twilight.", Cadance murmured to herself.

Stellar Flare frowned and looked down at the mud. "But, later on, he flunked out of it.", she sighed. "And I was afraid he lost his way. So, I tried to help him succeed by making a whole bunch of plans for him. Unfortunately, it turns out that I've been driving him crazy and he needed to make one on his own. I didn't feel like a good mother when I discovered that."

Cadance looked at her friend sympathetically. "Did you make amends with him after learning your mistake?", she asked.

Stellar Flare looked up at Cadance and smiled. "Thankfully, yes.", she said. "But, we made a deal that in case if he's in a big pickle that he can't get out of, then I'd be happy to give him guidance."

"Well, I'm very happy for both of you.", Cadance said with a wink.

Stellar Flare just stared at the pink princess, smiling. She let out a yelp, then a giggle as she felt something touch her from down under the mud.

"What is it?", Cadance inquired.

"I felt your hoof stroke one of mine.", Stellar Flare said, trying to hold back her laughter.

"Oh, is that your hoof?", Cadance asked. "Don't play hoofsie with me in a crystal mud bath."

"Sorry.", Stellar Flare squeaked sheepishly while blushing in the face. She took a deep breath and readjusted her posture. "So, since you've done a good job in motherhood, do you think you and your husband might be ready for grandparenthood?"

Cadance raised an eyebrow. "Grandparenthood?", she asked.

"Yes, when your child has a child of their own, and you'll be considered the grandmother.", Stellar Flare explained.

"Oh, I see.", Cadance said, nodding her head. "Well, you'll probably reach that path before I do. All I have is a baby, and you have a full grown adult who is pretty close to make a proposal to Starlight."

"Oh right, you have a point.", Stellar Flare said sheepishly. Closing her eyes, she sighed and sunk deeper into the mud, letting it touch her chin.

Cadance giggled at the display. "Enjoying the mud, are you?", she asked.

Stellar Flare opened her eyes and looked at Cadance. "Yes I am.", she whispered.

Cadance wrapped a hoof around Stellar Flare's shoulders and pulled her close. "How would you like to go under?", she offered.

Stellar Flare just stared at her with a blank expression. "Under?", she asked.

"If it's ok with the spa ponies.", Cadance said, looking to the spa ponies, who nodded. The nod granted the request.

"Um... ok.", Stellar Flare said with a calm smile.

Cadance gently turned her friend around and rested her head in her hooves, leaving the orange mare's muzzle above the surface. She looked down at the face in the mud with half-lidded eyes and spoke in a calming voice. "Now, close your eyes and relax.", she said, beginning to bring the mare's head down.

Stellar Flare closed her eyes and let the mud slowly close in on her face. She didn't even open her mouth to take a breath before going under. She heard bubbling sounds, even when her ears were filled with green mud. Her thoughts stayed on the soothing sensations from the thick liquid. She thought of letting herself drown in it, although that wouldn't be the best option, she wouldn't want to know what it will taste like. It was just her, her new friend, and the soothing crystal mud bath.

It was at that moment that it was enough for her, because some things can't last forever. Though, she wasn't so sure when Cadance would bring her head back to the surface, so she decided she would do it herself. She lifted her head off of Cadance's hooves and emerged from the mud. Even as she came out, she was all covered in it.

Cadance watched as the green ooze slowly slid off, leaving Stellar Flare's body visible once more. She widened her eyes and her lips curled into the biggest smile. "Stellar, you're crystalized!", she cried.

"I am?", Stellar Flare asked, finally opening her eyes. She looked at her hooves, then all around her body. "Oh my!" She hopped out of the tub, her body was fully crystalized. "I'm a crystal pony! I'm a crystal!" She danced on her hooves and bounced around the tub. Her cries of joy brought the attention of all the spa ponies and the clients. She stopped bouncing once she took notice of it, all the ponies were just staring at her with blank expressions. She chuckled sheepishly. "Sorry, for being loud. But, isn't this wonderful?" The ponies who stared at her just looked to one another with a smile and shrugged, then went back to their business.

"I think they agree.", Cadance whispered to Stellar Flare.

"Was this what you wanted me to experience when you asked if I would like to go under the mud?", Stellar Flare asked.

Cadance tapped her chin. "Let's just say - yes.", she admitted. "Plus, the crystal mud bath was all I wanted you to check out."

"So, is there a time-limit on these effects?", Stellar Flare asked.

"Yeah, just for a few hours.", Cadance said. "You should show Sunburst when you visit his place, he'd freak once he sees you like that."

Stellar Flare's smile widened. "That would be splendid!", she squealed, putting her clothing material back around her neck. She began her way to the exit. She then looked back at Cadance, who was still in the mud bath. "You coming?"

Cadance waved a hoof dismissively. "You go on ahead, I'll catch up later.", she said. "I need to crystalize myself as well." She took a deep breath before her head went under the mud.

Stellar Flare headed out the spa, a wistful smile on her face. She was glad she came to such a wonderful spa, especially with a new friend.

Comments ( 3 )

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed you skipped over Cadence explaining what it's like haveing a Alicorn baby, or how Sunburst is her Crystaler and all that involves. We only briefly hear Stellar talk about the events of the episode "The Parent Map". I don't want to say the story is bad it just feels incomplete, like they should have arrived at the spa and exchanged several stories during the treatment rather than just one.

I’m really impressed with your improving writing skills :pinkiehappy:

That Stella Flare vector looks familiar. :raritywink:

Cute little one shot, mate. Well done. :scootangel:

Login or register to comment