• Published 7th May 2021
  • 1,228 Views, 73 Comments

What the where? - ARandomLonelyDude



Locally grown, cringy, sort of good that has an Indian guy.

  • ...
9
 73
 1,228

1-4: I've got a box with wheels.

19/7/1500, Monday, 1:00 PM.

I have become the nerd god of Ponyville. My invention was been patented on Monday and made the headlines on Tuesday. This was the greatest moment of my life. And this is where the problems begin. Firstly, the press found out that I am the bearer of one of the elements of disharmony and decided to fuck my reputation. Secondly, an inventor from Canterlot, Crimson Cog, claims that she made the engine and I stole the idea. The matter went to the princesses who decided that there will be a demonstration/test to see who is the real inventor.

I cringe every time I remember the memory of her shouting nonsense in front of Celestia while we we were at the day court. I wish that they just carried out an investigation but I think Celestia wants to publicly embarrass the inventor. The test will be today and I'm prepared. The test is simple. I just have to make a working vehicle.

Here is what I made. I took some help from Pinkie, Rarity and Turner. The vehicle will be judged on looks, speed and how much it can carry. I wish that they just carried out an investigation.

The test will be carried out at the flat land north of Ponyville meaning that I will have to drive the car from my front yard to there. I open the right door and get into the driver's seat. I press a button on the right side of the steering wheel and the car starts. I slowly drive down the path and towards ponyville. I speed up a bit as I enter the town. I just have to drive across the town square and to the flat land.

I can see the crowd that gathered to watch Trixie. Trixie stops her performance as I drive by. I can see that she already tied up Applejack with her own rope and wanted someone else to challenge her. I continue driving to the test place.


2:00 PM

I got to the place at 1:07 and had to wait for an hour for Crimson Cog and the princesses who'll be judge. The mane 6, Turner, Trixie and a few other ponies came to see the test. Right now I can see the princesses' carriages descending from the sky along with Crimson Cog's vehicle. It is definitely better looking than my car and can also fly but only with pegasi towing it.

Celestia's golden carriage lands followed by Luna's and Crimson's vehicle. Everyone bow as the princesses get off their carriages. I rise as Princess Celestia approaches me.

"Good afternoon Princess.", I greet.

"Good afternoon to you too. I hope that you are ready for the test.", she says in a calm voice.

"I am ready.", I reply

"To lose.", a snobbish voice said. I look behind Celestia and see a mare with red coat and brown mane approach.

"So, when will we start?", I ask Celestia to avoid talking to Crimson.

"In a few minutes. You could introduce yourself to Luna.", she replies, sensing my need to avoid Crimson. I nod and walk towards Luna while Celestia goes to meet Twilight. As I head to Luna, I see that she isn't alone.

"Hi Gear!", Nightmare Moon says as she sees me approach. She looks different now. She is a lot smaller than she was when she and Luna returned from the moon. Luna in contrast is taller than before. I get closer and see that I'm taller than Nightmare.

"Good afternoon Nightmare. Good afternoon Princess.", I greet them.

"Are you always this formal?", NMM asks because Luna wasn't sure what to say.

"To all females regardless of whether they like it or not.", I answer.

"What about stallions?"

"I will be formal if they aren't friends. If they're friends then I won't be as formal."

"Why would that be?", Luna asks, joining the conversation.

"Mommy raised a gentleman.", I reply.

"Hmmm. I have a question.", Luna says.

"What is it?"

"Are you not scared of either of us?", she asks with hope.

"Nope. Why should I be scared of potential friends?", I answer truthfully while impersonating Pinkie to a level.

"You wish to be friends with us?", Luna asks with surprise. Canterlot must have been bad to her.

"Yeah."

"...I thank thee for your kindness.", she says with a smile.

"Hey Gear, they're starting. You should go.", NMM says. I look behind me and see that the test is going to start.

"See you later.", I say as I go and stand next to my car. Crimson's vehicle is a few meters from my car. It's a white carriage with lots of gold decorations and jewels embedded on the roof. The driver sits on an elevated seat on the front of the carriage. There is a compartment under the driver's seat that I think has the engine that Crimson made. Crimson is sitting on the driver's seat with a nervous expression but that is quickly replaced by a smug expression as she looks at me.

The two princesses walk to a spot in front of us and quietly discuss something. They then turn to us both and Celestia starts speaking, "Me and my sister have decided that Crimson Cog's vehicle is better looking and therefore she gets a point."

I knew that this was inevitable but the next two parts of the test is what I'm looking forward to.

"For the second part of the test, we will have a race between your vehicles. To pass, you must reach that line first.", Celestia says as she points at a finish line a few kilometers away. I decide not to question how a finish line got there when I spotted Pimkie there. I get in my car as the princesses move out of our path.

I start the car while Crimson starts her carriage. It takes a few tries but the carriage turns on and damn! It's loud as hell and is releasing as much smoke as a factory does. I put my attention back to the princesses. Both of them look disapprovingly at the carriage. Princess Luna then raises a red flag, signaling us to get ready. I rev the engine.

Luna brings down the flag, signaling the start of the race and my car goes from 0 to 60 km/h in about 6 seconds. I didn't pay attention to Crimson as I got closer to the finish line. I pass the finish line and stop. I step out of the car and look around to see where Crimson is. I don't see her anywhere near the finish line but I see her at the start line. Her carriage is no longer spewing smoke. I get back into my car and turn around and drive back to the start line.

Princess Celestia was talking to Crimson in a disapproving tone while everyone else present was impressed with my car. I turn off the car and exit the car. Nightmare approaches me with a smile with Luna following behind.

"Guess what?", Nightmare says as she looks at Luna.

"Mr. Gear, you have won and are the real inventor of the internal combustion engine.", Luna says.

"Mr. Gear, would you please come here?", Celestia calls out from next to the carriage. I comply and walk to her.

"I believe that you would like to see this.", she says as she gestures to the open engine compartment of Crimson's carruage. I looked it over and close my eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Where did you get the design?", I ask Crimson as I open my eyes.

"An anonymous pony sent me those. They wanted me to verify if the design would work.", Crimson answers while looking at the ground.

"Twilight is the root of this problem. She had scanned the engine when Gear had showed it to her.", Arnold says for me. Celestia walks off to scold Twilight while Crimson says 'sorry' and walks off to wherever she went to. I stand there for a few moments thinking about my decision of showing the engine to Twilight.

"Uhhh...", a voice says from my left. I turn and see that it is Trixie.

"Yes?"

"Trixie wants to ask that perhaps you could let her... ride in your invention."

"Yeah you can."

Author's Note:

La La La La

Give feedback