• Published 8th May 2021
  • 2,162 Views, 32 Comments

The Irish Man - The Irish Brony



A 20-year-old Irish boy is transported to Equestria while on a camping trip. He now has to deal with loss of his family and friends while trying to live among ponies.

  • ...
11
 32
 2,162

I Fish, Do You?

I sit by a lake with a makeshift fishing rod in my hand. The fishing pole was just a wooden pole with strings attached and a metal hook. I had started craving meat and decided to catch some. While I was there I was asked by Fluttershy to catch some fore Harry the Bear who really likes fish.

I yawn and stretch my arm as I look up at the sun beating down on me. I had been there all morning and not a single bit. I had thought about giving up many times, but thought it best to stick it out. I was about to nod off to sleep until I heard a loud gasp, similar to pinky pie. I snap my head up in surprise and turn to see who made that sound.

Standing in front of me was a Hippogriff. The griff had blue and light blue stripes going through her main and tail. Her fur was very light purple. Her eyes were sparkling with a big grin that rivals Pinkie Pie’s.

“Um.. Hi?” I awkwardly say while also awkwardly raising my hand to wave at her.

“Your the Human,” the Griff says with a weird mix of Fluttershy’s voice mixed with the hyperactivity of Pinkie Pie’s.

“The one and only,” I say, puffing my chest out and placing my hand on my chest. My chest deflated as I lowered my hand and asked, “And who are you?”

“Oh! How rude of me not introducing myself,” She says, walking closer to me. I can smell the scent of saltwater coming off of her. “I’m Silverstream,” She says, extending a claw out. I grasp it and shake. The claw was similar to the talons of an eagle, but still oddly soft, almost smooth.

“My name is Brogan Even,” I say, letting go of her claws. She immediately sits down and grabs my hand and starts looking at it.

“I’ve never seen claws like this before!” She says really enthusiastically.

“I’m also not a normal part of the world,” I say with a smile. Trying my hardest not to show how uncomfortable I was with the situation.

“Soft skin too,” She says, poking at my arm. Surprisingly causing little to no pain. “But why no fur?” She asks, lifting my arm up for closer examination.

“Humans evolved to wear clothes for warmth,” I explain as she sets my hand down and listens intently. “Causing us to only have hair on our head,” I say pointing at the brown mop on my head I neglected to brush this morning.

“That’s interesting,” She says.

“Never thought someone would be so interested in me like that,” I say as the fishing pole jerks. I grab it and pull it back as I stand up.

“Oh, I love learning, not book worm level of learning, but I still like to learn new things as long as they're not boring,” She says as she continues to talk about something called the School of friendship, and how when it first started out it was like any other school.

I on the other hand was trying to pull what looks to be a pretty big fish. I grab the string and start pulling the fish in as Silverstream finally stops talking.

“That looks like a good catch,” She says, licking her beak with her tongue.

“You like Fish?” I ask as I try and hold down the flopping big mouth bass.

“What do you think we eat when we are stuck underwater for hundreds of years?” Silver stream asks as I finally get the bass off the hook and into the basket. I turn to look at her with many questions.

“What are you talking about?” I ask, sitting back down as I grab the string the hook is attached to.

“You don’t know about how the storm king took over a good portion of the world, causing the hippogriffs to go underwater for hundreds of years till Twilight saved us!?” She asks me enthusiastically.

I chuckle as I throw the hook into the water. “Now I know,”

“I have sooooo many questions,” She says, sitting down next to me. I place the fishing rod between some rocks and turn slightly towards her. Her eyes glistened in the sunlight, her smile wider than even Pinkie Pie’s.

“Go for it,” I say, leaning back against a tree. Her smile widens even more before she starts asking in a manner similar to when Twilight asked me questions when I first got here.

“What is your home like?”

“Earth was nice, but the humans there can be very stupid and violent sometimes,”

“What’s the water like there, you know, how it feels,”

“Depends on what water you're talking about. Saltwater is easier to float on and it feels like...” I sat there, stumped at how to describe the water’s texter. “I would say wet, but that just doesn't cut it,”

“Oh! I have that problem all the time,” She responds, waving her hand in the air in an ark above her head. I get a good laugh out of her gesture before she keeps talking. “You could describe water as sparkling mineral, or permanently fresh, unlimited hot if it’s a hot spring, O! I Love those. Cupful cold,” She goes on for over five minutes describing water. What finally stopped her was not me, but a voice calling her name from a distance.

“It sounds like someone is looking for you,”

“Oops, I forgot I was supposed to get sticks for my friend's bonfire we are having tonight,” She says, standing up. Then a light bulb seems to go off in her head. “Do you want to come, it’s open for everyone!” She says with a big smile.

“Why not, I have nothing else going on,” I responded.

“Cool, I’ll tell my friends,” She says, flying away excitedly. “See you tonight at the friendship school!”

“Wait where is the..” I tried to yell after her, but she was long gone before I could get her attention. “Well. that's one more thing to ask Twilight about,”