• Published 8th May 2021
  • 2,152 Views, 32 Comments

The Irish Man - The Irish Brony



A 20-year-old Irish boy is transported to Equestria while on a camping trip. He now has to deal with loss of his family and friends while trying to live among ponies.

  • ...
11
 32
 2,152

The Challenge from a Blue Angel

I sit outside by a little pond near Fluttershy’s home. I have been sitting there for over an hour meditating. I calmly and slowly extend my hand out, opening up my eyes as I say, “Suas uisce,”

I see a droplet of water float up from the pond and stop near my hand. I rotate it so my palm is facing upward. The water droplet floats inches above my skin. I smile like an idiot as I try to manipulate the water.

"I can't believe I just did this," I think to myself.

"Of course you did, this place is full of magic," That voice says in my head. I still haven't figured out if I'm going crazy or dying. It potentially could be both.

Breaking my concentration is a soft voice calling from behind me, “Hello Brogan.” I lose concentration and the water droplet falls to my palm. My smile fades slightly as I shake the water droplet off my hand.

“Good Morning Fluttershy,” I say without turning to look. She slowly walks over to me and gently sits down next to me.

“What are you doing up so early?” She asks as I yawn. I swallow my own spit before speaking.

“Urghabháil an lá!” I yell boldly, making poor Fluttershy flinch. However, She quickly recovers, smiling as she tilts her head in confusion.

“Arghubail an la?” She says slowly, trying to replicate what I just said.

“Nice attempt,” I say, smiling at her. “It means seize the day in Irish,” She simply smiles at me. We sit in silence as we watch the sunrise from the forest like the undead. “I was out here trying to do Draíocht Uisce, or Water magic,” I added, quickly catching myself.

“I really need to stop speaking Celtic Irish,” I think to myself as I lift my hand over the top of the pond again. “Suas uisce,” I repeat, but this time with more confidence as a water droplet floats up to my hand. Fluttershy looks at it in slight amusement. “I’ve gotten it to the point where I can hold a drop of water,” I then move my hand in a way that makes the water droplet spin. “It took me a half-hour just to get the water to move up,”

“That's impressive,” Fluttershy says, silently clapping her hoofs together.

“She can clap her hoof together without making noise?” I think to myself. “That's interesting,” I chuckle as I flick the water droplet back into the pond.

“That’s not impressive at all,” I say, leaning back and looking up at the orange sky.

“It’s impressive to me,” Fluttershy responds. “I can barely do pegasus magic myself,” I look over to see her face looking at the dirt. She's playing with a piece of dirt on the ground. A part of my heart breaks seeing her put herself down.

“Fluttershy, don’t put yourself down like that,” I say, sitting up. She looks up at me with a small smile as she wipes her eyes. It seems like her eyes had started to water up slightly.

“It’s ok,” Fluttershy says slightly more cherry. “The only ponies who would care are the ones that don’t matter,” I tilt my head in confusion. She puts her hoof to her mouth as she thinks out loud. “Wait, did I say that right?” As she says this her cheeks turn a slight red.

“I understand what you're putting down,” I respond as Her head pops up and looks at me with beet red cheeks. My eyes widen as my own cheeks turn red. I cover my face as I apologize. “Oh, no, I’m sorry I didn't know,”

“It’s ok,” Fluttershy says shakily as she pats my back. I place my hands on the ground behind me as I look up at the sky.

“I really need to talk to Twilight about that culture lesson,” I say as the heat drains from my face. We sit there as the wind blows against our backs. The sky turning from orange to blue over a made of minutes.

“Umm… Brogan,” I perked up as I hear Flutershy’s voice. I look over at her, but she doesn't return eye contact. She’s looking down at the ground while twirling the ends of her hair. “Twilight told me to ask you if you would like a job in Ponyville,”

I look at her slightly surprised. “Why would Twilight make Flutershy do it?”

“Of course, I was already thinking of getting a job,” I explained. Flutershy smiles softly as she looks up at me. “Does she have anything in mind?”

“Yes..” Fluttershy hesitates for a second. “I think she does, she never told me,” Fluttershy was again looking at the ground.

“I’ll have to talk to Twilight about that then,” I respond, looking back at the pond. The reflection of the sun now brighter than ever.

“Well, breakfast is ready to eat,” Fluttershy says, standing up. “You can join me if you want,” She says as she walks towards the cabin.

“Well, that was sudden of her,” I think as I stand up and turn to look at her. Her pink hair is being blown slightly by the wind, her fur glowing in the morning sun. I smile and start walking after her.


I sit there at the dinner table with Fluttershy across from me. She had prepared two bowls of wonderful salads. Every bite makes me want more. I have no idea what she put in it, but it’s wonderful. I finish another bite as the wooden sound of the door being knocked against by the metal horseshoe rings out through the house.

Fluttershy silently slides off her chair and walks towards the door. I continue to eat the salad, but I try to listen to see who came over.

“Good morning, what are you three up to this morning,” Fluttershy says.

“So there’s three of them,” I thought to myself as I took another bite of the saled. “From the way she spoke to them they sound like kids,”

“Hello,” a very chipper and raspy voice responds. “We heard from Twilight that there is a human that lives here, can we meet him?”

“At least they said human right,” I thought as I finished up my breakfast.

“He does live her but..” Fluttershy hesitates. I stand up and walk slowly and quietly to the living room doorway. I look over to see Fluttershy holding the door slightly open. She sees me and looks at me questioningly. I smile and nod yes. She smiles back and opens the door to let the guests in. I lean up against the wall as the trio walk in.

“Brogan Even, meet Scootaloo,” Fluttershy starts introducing me as an orange filly with a purple mane walks in. Her tiny wings bussing happily as she looks straight up at me. Her wide happy smile says everything.

“Twilight told us a lot about you,” Scootaloo speaks with a high pitched raspy voice. The raspiness only rivaled by Rainbow Dash’s voice.

“Sweetie Bell,” Fluttershy continues to talk as a bright white unicorn walks in with curly white hair with pink streaks in it. She looks up at me with a more modest smile than Scoots.

“Hello, Mr. Even,” She greets me similar to Rarity as she does a small bow in front of me.

“Must be Raritys sister or daughter,” I thought to myself as I do a small bow of my own.

“And Applebloom,” Fluttershy says as the last of the three walks in. She was a small earth pony with yellow fur and red hair. She had small white freckles underneath her eyes. She looks up with a big smile, but not as big as Scoots was.

“Hiya Brogan,” She says in a slight southern accent.

“Definitely an Apple,” I think to myself as I respond.

“Nice to meet you three,”

“We’ve heard a lot about you from Twilight and the others,” Scootaloo says as the three basically surround me on all sides.

“Well, technical we pestered Twilight fahwar information about yawl cuz ponies are tawkin' about how..” Applebloom looks down at the ground and scratches her chin.

“Strange?” I ask.

“Unusual?” Scootaloo asks, turning to look at her friend.

“Odd,” Sweetie Bell pipes in.

“Ya’ll an alien frum another planet were yawl eat ponies fahwar fun,” Applebloom says way to enthusiastically. Finally, thinking of what she wanted to say. Her sentence confused me, made Scootaloo look like she was about the throw-up, and Sweetie Bell just looked at me in shock.

“Where exactly did you hear that?” I ask slowly and deliberately.

“Adult ponies and rumors,” Applebloom responded.

“So is THAT why you wanted to find him?” Scootaloo asks Applebloom.

“Ya, kind of,” Applebloom looks up at me. “Is It really true whut they say about yawl?”

I hesitated for a few seconds as I thought over my response. “Yes, and no,” I say, getting a mixture of confused and scared looks. “Yes, I’m an alien from another world,” I start to explain. “Yes, I CAN eat ponies if I wanted to,” I say, emphasizing can. The three have almost unreadable faces. I don’t know if that's because they have no emotions now, or if it’s because they have too many going through their head.

“So,” Sweetie Bell is the first to speak. “You can eat ponies?”

“But you choose not to,” Scootaloo interjects. I nod my head yes as the three whisper to each other.

“Ok you three, I think he’s done with questioning,” Fluttershy says, walking in from the kitchen. We had been so preoccupied we didn’t notice Fluttershy walk off. “I think you all should get some fresh air, if you would like to,” We all look at each other and smile.

“Why the hell not,” I say as the other three cheer in happiness. The three-run out as I walk after them. Fluttershy places a hoof on my back. I stop from her touch, almost choking on my own breath. I look back at her to see a motherly smile plastered on her face.

“Please be careful with them,” Fluttershy says softly. “You are new here and they are very curious foals,” I smile back and nod as I’m handed a bright yellow frisbee. “This should keep them preoccupied for a while,”

“See you later Flutters,” I say as I walk out the door. I turn around to see her standing in the doorway with one hoof on the door. “I can call you Flutters right?” I ask nervously.

“Of course, we are friends after all,” My smile reappears as I wave bye to her. I start running after the trio with a big smile on my face.

“I think I might like it here after all,”


In Ponyville Park

“So, where do yawl come frum?” Applbloom asks as I throw the disk towards Sweetie Bell. She runs after it and jumps up into the air elegantly catching the disk.

“I come from a planet called earth,” I explain to her as we watch Sweetie Bell throw the disk with her mouth towards Scootaloo.

“Ah mean the town, ya silly filly,” Applebloom says as the disk is thrown to her. She quickly runs after it. She jumps up into the air, hitting her head against the disk with a thunk. Both of them fall to the ground with a thud.

“You ok Applebloom?” I ask walking over to her.

“Stay there, Ahm ok,” Applebloom replies as I stop walking. She stands up, rubbing her head with the disk in her mouth. She then smiled at me and chucked it towards me.

“I lived in a city called Kilkenny in Ireland,” I say as I catch the flying disk. I then turn to Sweetie Bell and throw it at her.

“Do you have magic where you come from?” Scootaloo asks as the disk is thrown to her.

“Not that I know off,” I say, scratching my chin. “We might have a little, but I’ll have to ask Twilight about that,” I explain as Applebloom successfully catches the disk. As Applebloom is about to throw the disk, I feel the change in wind pressure behind me.

“You have to be kidding me,” I think as I duck and turn around to see a blue hoof grazing my head. I look up to see a shocked face, Rainbow Dash. She shakes her head and regains composure as the disk lands next to me. We stood there, me in shock at how close that was, and Dash at how fast I was. Well, that's what I’m presuming.

“Holly Hay! That was cool!” I hear the excited scratch of Scootaloo as the trio runs over to use. I stand up straight as Dash lowers her hovering height, so she is at eye level with me.

Dash was about to talk when Applebloom stole the words out of Dash’s muzzle. “How the hay did you move so fast?!”

“And how did you know I was behind you?” Dash asks with an eyebrow raised as she crosses her arms.

“Why were you behind me?” I ask my own question. She scoffs like it’s the most obvious answer in the world, since two plus two.

“Twilight and I saw the stunt you pulled,” She says as my heartbeat starts to rise slightly.

“What stunt?”

"We were both curious to see how fast you are,” Dash then looks me in the eye with that determinate glare. “She put me up to try and tackle and or bruise you by the end of the week,”

I think it over for a second as the trio starts asking a lot of questions. I look at Dash to see her eyes are closed with a confident smile on her face.

“I’ve been curious about that since the accident too,” I say. It seemed to have taken Dash by surprise as she opened up one eye to look at me. I smile with my own confident smirk. “How about we make this fun, you have the rest of the week to get me..” I look down and think for a second.

“If I win, you have to do anything I want for a day,” Dash pips in. I look up to see her pointing confidently at me with a big smirk on her face.

“And if I win, you have to do my bidding for a day,” I responded. Dashes confident smile wavers as her cheeks go slightly red.

“Um.. Brogan,” Applebloom says, tugging on my pant leg. “I don’t know where you come from, but bidding is not the word you should have used,” I looked down to see the trio, except Applebloom, was looking at the ground with beat red faces.

My eyes widen as a wave of embarrassment hits me, and so does the back of Dash’s hoof. I look over at her to see she has her confident grin back.

“It’s no biggie, we all mess up,” Dash responds.

“I really need to talk to Twilight about this stuff,” I think to myself before I respond. “So, do we have a deal?” I extend my hand in a fist.

“Hell ya, you do!” Dash says enthusiastically bumping my hand. This time I can’t hold the pain in as I grab my hand and rub it.

“Dam..” I whisper. Dash and the others laugh at my expense as I smile.

“I really need to stop doing that,”