• Published 8th May 2021
  • 2,163 Views, 32 Comments

The Irish Man - The Irish Brony



A 20-year-old Irish boy is transported to Equestria while on a camping trip. He now has to deal with loss of his family and friends while trying to live among ponies.

  • ...
11
 32
 2,163

The Talk with a Princess

The most beautiful thing comes walking around the corner of the cottage. Did I say beautiful, I meant majestic. She has both the horn of a Unicorn and the wings of a pegasus. She stood half a foot taller than Fluttershy. She has a bright purple almost lavender color for her fur. Her mane is a darker purple with a light streak down the middle. Her purple eyes land on me and she smiles at me. I smile back as she walks over to me and Fluttershy. Fluttershy sits back down on the ground next to me as her friend sits across from me.

“Hello, I’m Twilight Sparkle, I think I have your bag,” She says, levitating the bag over to me. I grab it and look inside of it. I dig through to see everything is the same.

“Wait, why does she look familiar?” I think to myself as I pull out a small red notebook and open it up. I flip through the book till I land on the page with a drawing of the mar in front of me. The drawing was very crude and drawn in pencil. The colors were wax-like Crayola Crayons. I look below the drawing to see it reads Banphrionsa na Cairdeas. “Princess of Friendship,” I whisper, looking between the pitcher and the pony in front of me. Twilight’s expression fads to worry as she watches me. She leans over to Fluttershy and whispers,

“Did I break him?” Fluttershy looks at her and shrugs. I shake my head to clear my thoughts and smile.

“Sorry, my name is Brogan Even,” I say, extending my hand out in front of me. She smiles and grabs my hand. Her fur is soft as silk with the underside of her hoof being hard as a rock. I let go as she asks a question,

“Quick question, what are you looking at in that book?”

I look between the book and her. “How do I say this so it doesn't sound creepy?” I take a deep breath in and start talking. “This might sound crazy, but there is a drawing of you in this journal,”

I then offer up the book with the page open to her picture. Her horn lights up purple as the book is enveloped by the same color. I let go as she floats it up to her face. She takes a second and looks over the picture. Her eyes widen as Fluttershy scoots over to see what’s on the page.

I barely make out Fluttershy saying, “Do you think,” before she is shushed by Twilight.

“Who made this drawing?” Twilight asks, pointing to the drawing on the page.

“My Dad,” I responded. “He always spoke of a land of magic and friendship that he found and always swore it was real. He would make drawings like that in his journals and try to perform real magic,”

“What do these words mean at the bottom of the page?” She asks, showing me the page and pointing at it with one of her hoofs.

“They mean princess of Friendship in Irish,” Twilight closes the book and hands it back to me. I grab it and place it back into my bag. “Ok, now that’s over, I have many questions,”

“I also have a heap tone of questions,” I say, looking over at Fluttershy, she smiles. “But first can we go inside, it’s getting uncomfortable to sit on the ground,”

“Yes, of course,” Twilight then turns to look at Fluttershy with a kind smile. “Fluttershy, could you make us some tea, please?” Twilight asks, standing up. Fluttershy nods as she stands up and the two start walking towards the cottage. I stand up and grab my bag, then follow shortly behind them. We walk into the surprisingly warm cottage as the sun sets on the horizon. I sit down on a chair by the couch while Twilight does the same across from me. Fluttershy walks into the kitchen and starts brewing tea.

“I’ll go first,” I say, leaning forward onto my elbow. “Do you know how I ended up here?”

“That’s easy,” Twilight says with a confident smile. “I was testing out some magic at a little pond in the Everfree forest, and it backfired and brought you here,”

I look at her skeptically. Something about that last bit sounded tacked on. I let it slide, Mabey she was trying to recollect the incident.

“Ok, I have a list of questions for you Brogan,” Twilight says, unrolling a scroll. It falls to the floor revealing a two feet long scroll. I chuckle and shake my head. She takes a big breath and starts raped firing the questions. “What is your planet called?”

“Earth,”

“How many countries are there?”

“About 190,”

“Where do you come from,”

“Ireland then moved to the United States, then back to Ireland,”

“Does your world have magic?”

“No, but many believe in it,”

“Do you believe in a god?”

“Yes, many gods, but there are others,”

“Do you have any monarchs?”

“Yes, there are now 44, Ireland used to have five,”

“What kind of technology do you have?”

“We are currently in the second industrial revolution. We have lots of different types of technology, I’ll talk about them later,” Twilight nods and continues.

“What are you called?”

“Humans, or technical homosapiens,”

“Do you have schools?”

“Yes, Primary, Elementary, Middel, and High, The names vary but they are essentially the same thing,” She is vigorously scratching down all that I said. “Quick question for you,”

Twilight looks up at me as Fluttershy walks into the room with a tray of tea. “Ya, go for it,”

“Well, I think we should talk about it in private but there might be many differences that might cause some problems,” I say as Fluttershy sits down on the couch blushing. Twilight looks between me and Fluttershy as her face distorts into realization.

“Oh! Ya, we should talk about them latter,” Twilight replied, looking back at the list. I turn to look over at Fluttershy.

“Not to be rude, but I’m not that big into tea,” I try to say as kindly as I can. “Do you have anything with alcohol?” I ask as Twilight’s ears perk up.

“Ya, I have apple cider with alcohol in it,” Fluttershy says, getting up off the couch. “It’s mostly for my friend Rainbow Dash, she loves apple cider,” She says as she walks to the kitchen.

“On that note, does your world of alcohol,”

I look at Twilight and raise an eyebrow at her. “Didn’t you just hear me?”

“I’m just making sure,” She says as she scribbles down my response. “How about animals?”

“There are a lot of animals, Like goats, horses, bunnies, bees, birds, dolphins...” I continue to list over one hundred different animals as best as I can. Fluttershy walks in with a cup filled with cider. “Thanks, Fluttershy,” I say as I pick up the cup from her and take a sip. I smile as the cool liquid slides down my throat. “That's good,” I say as Fluttershy sits down on the couch. She smiles and explains,

“The cider is from the nearby apple farm run by our friend AppleJack,”

“Tell her she makes some wicked good apple cider,” I say, taking another sip of cider.

“You can tell her that yourself when you meet her,” Twilight says, rolling up the scroll. I look up from the drink and look at her confusingly.

“You are going to allow me to go meet others?”

“Ya, so far you seem to be harmless,” Twilight explains. “Besides, you don’t want to be coped up in this house for the remainder of your stay, which could potentially be the rest of your life,”

That last statement hit me like a ton of bricks. My stomach wrenched at the statement. My head became lighter as my heart rate skyrocketed. I had known it was hard for my dad to get back, and that I might end up stuck here, but that sentence was a slap to the face. “Is there a way back?” I ask, setting down the cup of apple cider as I try to calm myself down.

“Why am I having this reaction. This was the entire reason I was on the camping trip,” I think to myself as I lean back into my chair.

“I don’t know, this has never happened before,” Twilight says, scratching her chin. Once again like before it seems tacked onto the end of her sentence. Is there something she isn’t telling me?

“Well, it was nice meeting you Twilight, but..” My speech is interrupted by my own yawning. “I’m getting tired and I need to go to bed,” Twilight nods and stands up.

“You can stay her with Fluttershy if you want to, or you could come back to my castle,”

“I’ll stay here, I don’t feel like walking all that way,” I say as Twilight chuckles.

“Is it ok if you sleep on the couch, there are no other beds in the house other than mine. If that's ok with you,” Fluttershy says as Twilight leaves. Fluttershy stands up as I do.

“Ya, I’ll take the couch,” I say, jumping onto the couch. Fluttershy lightens up and lets out a little chuckle as she walks over to the closet underneath the stairs.

“You remind me of my friend Pinkie,” Fluttershy grabs a blanket from the shelf and closes the closet door. I sit up as she walks over to me with the blanket in her mouth. I grab it from her and unfold it. The blanket was pink and had a very soft and fluffy texture to it.

“Who is Pinkie?” I ask curiously.

“You’ll find out tomorrow,” She says, walking up the stairs. She stops halfway and looks back at me. “Or more like she’ll find you,” She lightly laughs at her own joke as she walks up the stairs.

I lay down and place the blanket on top of me and try to get comfortable. I close my eyes as the day's events come rushing into my head. Overwhelming my mind.

Later that Night

I sit outside underneath a tree looking up at the night sky. My mind is rushed with questions from the day. “What did Fluttershy mean, do you think? Is my dad still here? No, he died, but then do they know him? Why am I scared?”

The questions sink in as I get a funny feeling in my stomach. “I’m not going home am I?” I look at the starry sky for anything familiar. I spot Orian, Ursa major, and Ursa miner. The feeling of wind against my face snaps me out of my thoughts. I look to my left to see Twilight landing a few feet away.

I smile and wave to her, She waves back and walks over to me. She sits down next to me without a word. We sit there looking up at the starry night sky as the moon moves through the sky. Twilight finally speaks up, “Why are you out here?” She asks, turning to look at me.

“I guess it really just hit me now,” I say as Twilight tilts her head in slight confusion. “Why am I going to tell her this?” The question flashes throw my head as I am about to speak. “I might be stranded here,” I turn to look at Twilight who nods and urges me to continue. I sigh and look back at the night sky. The bright white moon is right above us, glowing almost as bright as the sun itself.

“I don’t partially like my mother,” I say as I smile at the memory of her. “She didn’t like how my dad put impossible thoughts in my head, but she is my mother,” My smile fades as I take a shaking breath. “I’m starting to miss my mom and brother,”

Twilight looks back to the night sky as we sit there in silence. “Who do I thank for the night sky?” I ask Twilight. She looks over at me and smiles.

“You can thank Princess Luna for that,” I chuckle at the answer. Twilight's smile turns into curiosity. “What’s so funny?”

“Back home the Greeks believed in a goddess named Luna, so it’s just funny to think there really is a princess of the moon,” Twilight seems satisfied with my answer and turns to look back up at the moon.

“You should probably get inside and get some rest,” Twilight says, standing up. I nod and stand up with her.

“It was really nice meeting you, Twilight Sparkle,” I say extending my hand. She extends her hoof and I grasp it. Nice and soft like Fluttershy’s, but feels a little less unkempt. It’s probably from her flying here. “Remember, we still need to talk about innuendos so I don’t end up accidentally telling a stallion I like them,”

Twilight laughs lightly as I let go of her hoof. “You will like Pinkie Pie when you meet her,”

“Fluttershy said the same thing,” I say, smiling as Twilight lifts off the ground, pushing air into my face.

“See you two tomorrow at around nine in the morning!” Twilight yells as she flies off towards the town. I nod and walk back into the cottage and lay down on the couch. I cover myself with the blanket and slowly drift off to sleep.