• Published 8th May 2021
  • 2,163 Views, 32 Comments

The Irish Man - The Irish Brony



A 20-year-old Irish boy is transported to Equestria while on a camping trip. He now has to deal with loss of his family and friends while trying to live among ponies.

  • ...
11
 32
 2,163

Friendship School Bonfire

Me and Fluttershy walk along the dirt road of Ponyville as the sun finishes setting in the west. I had put on a red hoodie to keep me warm, but it didn't help keep the nerves shivering away. Fluttershy must have noticed as she speaks up.

“Don’t be nervous, just be yourself and you’ll be fine. That’s what my friends always say,” I look down at here with a kind smile.

“Easy for you to say, you teach at the school,” I say, trying to remember the book Spike gave me after I put Twilight in her bedroom.

“That doesn't make confrontation easier for me,” Fluttershy retorts, playfully hitting her hoof against me hip. I chukel, looking around the very silent town.

We walk silently for a while as my eyes wander up into the sky. I spot the Gemini Twins next to a set of stars that look like a big cone of ice cream. I imagine myself among the stars, high above the earth without a care in the world. I’m brought back down to earth when I feel something soft rub against my leg. I looked down to see Fluttershy had slowly creeped closer to me as we were walking.

She was looking around slightly frantically. I look around myself to see no one at that time. I guess everyone must be asleep right now. The dark had slowly overtaken the town, and now the charming houses seem like a delapidated mess that could hold untold evile.

"Dam, this town really looks diffrent at night," I think as I'm reminded of the frantic little pegusis caressing my leg.

“Fluttershy, are you scared of the dark?” I ask jokingly, producing a high pitched meep out of Fluttershy as she jumps up a few inches. She looks up at me in embarrassment as her face burns bright red. She promptly looks back down, finding the rocks on the ground more interesting.

“N-no.. I mean yes!” Fluttershy blurts out, extending her wings slightly out in a deffenive reflex. Her face starts turning even reder then befor. She slinks back down, trying to hid her face from me. “I just never got over the dark, it’s the reason I never go alone out at night,”

I now feel bad about poking fun at her. I reach down and scratch behind her ear. The fur on her body feels extremlly soft, almost like silk. Her head pops up, then melts into my hand like ice cream on a sunny day. She pushes her head into my hand while smileing like a little kid.

“It’s ok, Flutters. Everyone is afraid of the dark to some degree,” I say, checking around us out of paranoia. Fluttershy closes her eyes as she smiles and hums in content.

“Thanks,” Fluttershy says.

“For what?” I ask confused as I remove my hand from her ear. She looks up at me with the adorable smile that threatens to kill me where I stand.

“For being a great friend,” Fluttershy says as we are stopped by a voice.

“Brogan! Fluttershy! You overshot the school!” I hear the ruff voice of Rainbow Dash. We turn to see her flying after us. I look over to see the giant schoolhouse built into the side of the mountain. It then regesters in my head that there are children talking in the distance.

"How did I not hear that?" I think to my self as Rainbow flies closer.

“Sorry about that, we were having a friendship moment,” I quickly explain while Fluttershy tries to hid her blush behind her hair.

“Uh Hu,” Dash says, stopping in frount of us whilecrossing her arms. Her eyes are looking at Fluttershy with the face of "ya right" printed on it. “Anywase, you passed the school, I’ll show you to the fire,” Dash says, flying towards the school, leaving behind a rainbow vaper trail. I follow her with Fluttershy next to me.

We walk in silence as we entered into the forest next to the school. We walked into a clearing where a mass of creators have assembled. In the middle of the clearing is a giant fire ring made out of red bricks. In the center is a blazing fire full of wood.

Some of the students were cooking marshmallows at the fire while others we setting up games around the fire. I spot Silverstream sitting next to a Blue Griffin as they both cook marshmallows.

“Brogan! Fluttershy!” I turn to see Twilight waving at us. She and AppleJack stand next to a table with snacks and different assortment of drinks. I walk over as I wave back at her.

“Twilight, I thought I told you to sleep,” I ask concerning.

“Ah done said thuh same thang,” AppleJack wispears, glaring at Twilight.

“Guys, I’m fine, that power nap did a lot of good for me,” Twilight says before giving a small yawn. “Ok, maybe I’m still tired, but I’m still fin,”

“Brogan!” I hear Silverstream yell my name exitedly. I turn to see her flying over to me with a reluctant looking griffin she was sitting next to earlier. “I’m happy you could make it!” She says with a smile as she lands in front of me. “Brogan, meet one of my best friends and only specail griffen friend, Gallus, Gallus meet Brogan,”

“Hi,” Gallus says, limply extending his claw. He looks unamused, ether that or he’s tired. I grab his claw and shake. It feels very similar to Silver’s, but much ruffier and covered in dirt. We let go as Gallus tries to slip away, but Silver grab him.

“Silver, I love you, but you have to let me sleep at some point. I’ve been up...” He was cut mid sentence by the biggest yawn I have ever heard comeing from his mouth. He smacked his beak a couple times, making sure there were no yawns left before speaking. “For three day, non stop parting because of you, please just let me sleep,” He says, pleading with her.

“Fine, but once the game starts I’m waking you up,” Silver says, giving Gallus a peck on the cheek.

“Thank you Silver,” He smiles and rubs his head against her neck before walking towards the fire and rolling up into a ball like a cat.

“Where were we now?” Silver asks herself while scratching her beek. “Oh!” She perks up as she grabs a drink from the table. “We have food and Drinks made by the students, and we will have games starting at around eleven o'clock by yours truly,” She says, placing a claw on her chest.

“Sounds fun,” I say as I grab an apple cider. I take a sip to confirm that it indeed has alcohol in it. It’s not very strong, but it’s there.

“It is,” Twilight says as Fluttershy grabs a muffin from the table next to the drinks. “The students host all the activities so they can learn how to be a team,”

“So what’s up first on the list?” I ask sarcastically. Silver gasps as she pulls out a scroll from seemingly no where.

“First is truth or dare. You can toast marshmallows all night when you want to. There’s Orgs and Obliets. Pin the tail on the pony.” Silver goes on to list over one hundred different activities that the students had set up.

“I’m going to need something stronger if I’m staying up all night for this,” I think as I chug the apple cider. I place the cup on the table as Silver is rolling up the scroll.

“Question? Is there anything stronger than this cider?” I ask to Twilight.

“The strongest stuff we have is the double shot of Granny Smith. There are regulations we have to follow with alcohol at parties,” Twilight explains to me. I started to think this was a bad idea to ask her. “Double Shot Granny Smith has an alcohol concentration of 0.05 of alcohol per pound of pony. It’s 0.03 below the legal limit of a drink to be served to kids,”

“That’s interesting, how old do you have to be to be able to drink?” I ask as I start to slowly walk over to the green barrale marked Granny Smith.

"This could be helpfull for later," I think as Twilight fallows me.

“When a pony is 4 they can drink 0.01 per pound, that’s what’s in Apple Cider Light. When they turn 10 they can drink 0.025 per pound. Apple Cider is the most common, along with Francium. Fun fact, the drink used to have Francium in it before it was found out that ii causes canser.” I pour the drink into a cup while trying to catch all the information Twilight is saying.

“Finally when Ponies turn 15 they can consume any amount of alcohol, but at parties it’s caped to 0.08 per pound if there is anyone younger than 20 at the party,”

“That’s interesting and all, but to be honest I’m going to forget most of it,” I explain as I take a sip of the new drink. It hits like a train running into a penny. My taste buds are overwhelmed with sourness to the point I spit it back into the cup.

I must have made a weird face because Twilight asks, “Are you ok?”

“Ya,” I say, trying to get rid of the taste, “Just a lot more sour than I thought it would be,”

“Don’t worry, that happened to everyone,” Twilight responded nonchalantly.

I take a sip, but this time I let it slide past my tongue and down my throat where I almost feel the hit of alcohol immediately.

“Shit, that hits like a freight train,” I say, taking a step back to keep my balance as I adjust to the drink.

“That's why it’s capped to 0.08...” Twilight then thinks for a second. “How much do you weigh?”

“145 pound?” I say slightly worried. “Why do you ask?”

“I would recommend you only drink two at most, or els you’ll be over intoxicated,” Twilight explains.

“How do you know that?” I ask, shaking my head as the talking creatures start to blend together.

“You take your weight by 0.1 to find out how much you could handle. A normal pony could handle up to 20 pounds per alcohol, but you could only take 14.5 per pound,”

“Duly noted,” I say, taking another sip of my drink as I walk over to Silverstream who is with five other creators. “Hello Silver,” I greet as the group turns to face me.

“Hi Brogan! I would like you to meet my friends,” Silver says, bouncing over to me like Pinkie Pie. “You already know Gallus,” She says, pointing to the napping Griffin by the fire. “That’s Sandbar,” She points to a young stallion. He has a green tint to his fur and green spiky hair with a light green highlighting his hair.

“Hello,” Sandbar says, smiling and giving me a little wave. I smile and wave back as Silver moves onto the changeling standing next to him. I think it’s a changeling, it’s bright blue with a red shell and light blue eyes.

“That's Ocellus the Changeling,” Silver says as Ocellus gives me a meek smile and a small wave. Her head is down while looking at the ground. “She’s not really a party pony,” Silver whispers into my ear as she moves onto the yak standing next to Ocellus.

Before Silver can speak, the yak introduces itself. “My name Yona. Yona is happy to meet Brogan,” Yona says, extending a hoof. I grab it and immediately regret it as she shakes my hand violently up and down.

“Nice to meet you Yona...” I say as she lets go of my hand from her iron grip. I look at my hand lying limply in the air. I shake my hand to try and stop the pain I feel in my wrist.

“And this is Smolder the Dragon,” Silver says as Smolder eyes me up and down skeptically with her hands on her hip. I move uncomfortably under the gaze of the dragoness. She gives me a devilish grin as she extends her fist out.

“Nice to meet you Brogan,” Smolder says in the ruffest voice I have ever heard. I fist-bump her. This time not getting the pain I usually get from fist-bumping creators.

“Nice to meet you too,” I said as I lowered my hand and smiling back at her.

“Now that everyone knows everyone we should play truth or dare!” Silver yells in excitement. Silverstream walks over to Gallus as the rest of the group makes a circle and sits down. Silverstream soons comes back with a yawning Gallus.

“So, who wants to start!?” Silver asks, sitting down with Gallus lagging behind.

“Yona will go first! Yona want dare!” Yona yells, breaking my eardrums.

“Ok ok.. Let me think,” SIlver scratches her chin with her claw. “Oh! I dare you to take one of the bricks from the fire pit and break it over your head!”

“That to easy,” Yona says as she struts to the fire pit.

“This is going to be a long night,” I think as I sip my drink as Yona breaks one of the breaks from the fire pit over her head.