• Published 3rd May 2021
  • 5,251 Views, 265 Comments

Spirits of The Elements - Eternal Sunset



The Mane 5 try to help Sunset Shimmer convince the Rainbooms of her innocence

  • ...
4
 265
 5,251

Heart To Heart Part 2

“The animals here are just like the ones back home,” E-Fluttershy noted as she brushed the hair of one of the dogs, she and her counterpart are grooming the animals who were shocked to see two Fluttershys but quickly got over it as there was now more of her to go around.

“Really?” Fluttershy questioned as she finished brushing a cat. “So all our animals are the same as yours?”

“Well, I haven’t seen any phoenixes around,” E-Fluttershy said as she looked around. “Unless you keep them somewhere else.”

“I don’t think we have any phoenixes, sorry.” Fluttershy apologized.

“You don’t have to apologize,” E-Fluttershy assured her. “I should be the one apologizing for assuming the animals here are the same as my world.”

Fluttershy smiled at her counterpart who smiled back as they continued to groom the animals.

“I always found comfort in taking care of the animals,” Fluttershy said. “It helped me through some bad times.”

“Like Sunset?” E-Fluttershy questioned when she saw the pained look on Fluttershy’s face she realized her mistake. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to bring up bad memories!”

“It’s okay,” Fluttershy assured her. “I just wished I knew why Sunset would throw away our friendship?”

“Why do you think she threw it away?” E-Fluttershy asked.

“For laughs probably,” Fluttershy answered with a frown. “Sunset loves to make others miserable for her amusement.”

“Do you honestly believe that?” E-Fluttershy questioned.

“Yes!” Fluttershy raised her voice. “We opened our hearts to her and she betrayed us!”

“Do you think she opened her heart to you and the girls?” E-Fluttershy asked, remembering how Sunset didn’t want to accept their friendship.

“I...I’m not sure,” Fluttershy said, looking away from her counterpart as she picked up a puppy and started petting it.

“Have you thought about how Sunset might be feeling?” E-Fluttershy asked, when her counterpart didn’t respond she continued. “We asked Sunset if we could be her friends but she said no.”

Fluttershy looked up at her counterpart to see her smiling sadly.

“Have you ever hurt anyone?” E-Fluttershy suddenly asked.

“No, never!” Fluttershy quickly answered, she could never hurt anyone.

“I have,” E-Fluttershy sadly said. “I hurt my best friend, Twilight. I didn’t listen to her and left her alone to suffer.” Tears pooled in E-Fluttershy’s eyes as she remembered how she and her friends left Twilight over concern of the fake Cadance. “I almost lost a dear friend.”

“B-but you’re still friends right?” Fluttershy nervously asked.

“Yes,” E-Fluttershy answered. “I didn’t want to lose her so I and my friends worked hard to regain her trust and faith, we’re closer than ever and Twilight is even happier now that she’s marrying Applejack and Rainbow Dash.”

“Your Applejack and Rainbow Dash are marrying Twilight?!” Fluttershy gasped.

“Yes,” E-Fluttershy smiled but it quickly fell. “When Twilight told us about what was happening, it sounded scarily familiar to what we went through. That’s why my friends and I came here, to make sure you girls don’t ruin your friendship like we almost did. Look deep in your heart, tell me that the Sunset you know now is like the Sunset in the past.”

Fluttershy looked at her counterpart’s pleading eyes and decided to do what she said, she closed her eyes and recalled the times she and Sunset spent together. She saw Sunset smile whenever she helped at the animal shelter and saw genuine sadness when the shelter had to put an animal down. Sunset had made it her mission that every animal in the shelter would find a good home and loving families, she used her amazing artistic skills to make eye-catching posters for each of the animals that she posted around Canterlot and on the shelter’s website. Fluttershy noted how gentle Sunset is and how she never hesitates to help no matter how small like when she wiped the frosting off her face. Tears started welling up in Fluttershy’s eyes as she recalled how happy Sunset was at the sleepover, she had never seen her that happy before. But then she recalled the look of devastation when she accused her of faking their friendship, the desperation of her trying to convince her of her innocence, and the great loss at losing everything.

“What..what have I done?!” Fluttershy started sobbing as she finally realized the mistake she had made. “Oh Sunset, I’m so sorry!”

E-Fluttershy wrapped her arms around her counterpart, comforting her as she cried on her shoulder, the animals sensed something was wrong and did their best to comfort the crying girl.

“It’s okay, you can still fix this,” E-Fluttershy said.

“But after what I said to her I don’t think she’ll forgive me,” Fluttershy cried.

“Do you honestly believe that?” E-Fluttershy asked.

“What do you mean?” Fluttershy asked as she pulled back, her eyes are red from crying.

“If you’re truly sorry for what you did then Sunset will accept your apology,” E-Fluttershy explained. “But you have to be brave and work hard to prove to Sunset how sorry you are.”

“Okay,” Fluttershy agreed as she wiped her tears. “I’ll be brave, for Sunset.”

E-Fluttershy smiled and the animals happily cheered for Fluttershy.


“Do you really think, Sunny is a big meanie?” E-Pinkie Pie asked as she and her counterpart are baking cupcakes at the Pie household.

“I don’t want to believe it but she posted all our secrets on Anon-A-Miss for everyone to laugh at!” Pinkie Pie said as she poured the cupcake mix on a cupcake tray. “I don’t mind a good laugh but not if it hurts someone’s feelings.”

“What about Sunset’s feelings?“ E-Pinkie questioned.

“As if that meanie has feelings,” Pinkie Pie mumbled but her counterpart still heard her.

“But she does!” E-Pinkie argued. “If she didn’t then why is she so sad that you broke off your friendship with her?”

“She’s faking it,” Pinkie Pie said, sniffing and wiping away a stray tear with the bend of her elbow.

“Was she?” E-Pinkie asked softly. “Did her smile look fake to you?”

“No,” Pinkie replied. “Her smile was real, I don’t understand why she would throw it away.”

“That’s because she didn’t throw it away!” E-Pinkie said. “Sunset is a very nice pony, there’s no way she would hurt any of you girls! But you girls really hurt her!”

E-Pinkie grabbed onto her counterpart’s shoulders.

“You girls held those sleepovers so Sunset wouldn’t be alone but she’s alone again! And worst is that for a brief moment she finally felt like she had a family only to be abandoned by that family!” tears spilled down E-Pinkie’s cheeks. “Why would you take away somepony’s smile!”

“She’s right, sis.”

Both Pinkies turned to see Limestone Pie standing by the door frame.

“Pinkie, you told me how hard Sunset worked to make up for her mistakes after The Fall Formal and that nobody would give her a chance. So why go after you and your friends first who have stood by her side instead of the students?” Limestone pointed out. “If Sunset was able to get away with the shit she pulled without anyone finding out then why point an obvious target on herself with Anon-A-Miss?”

“Limestone, you can’t curse in the house!” Pinkie said aghast.

“Whatever, the point is you messed up Pinkie,” Limestone said as she pointed to E-Pinkie Pie. “At least your double makes more sense than you right now.”

Limestone Pie wasn’t even fazed by the fact that there are two Pinkies, growing up with a little sister like Pinkie has taught Limestone to expect the unexpected. This is why she didn’t even flinch when Pinkie Pie rushed over to her and hugged her tight as she balled her eyes out.

“Oh Limestone, you’re right!” Pinkie sobbed. “I’m so stupid! How could I do this to Sunset?!”

“You’re not stupid, Pinkie.” Limestone assured her younger sister as she hugged her. “You just made a mistake that you’re going to fix, right?”

“Of course I am, I’m going to apologize to Sunset and do everything in my power to make it up to her! That’s a PInkie promise!” Pinkie Pie vowed.

“That’s what I like to hear,” Limestone said with a smile, she then felt another pair of arms wrap around her and it was E-Pinkie Pie.

“You’re the best, Limestone!” E-Pinkie said with a smile.

LImestone sighed as she hugged her other sister too.


“Think you’re strong huh?” Rainbow Dash said as she and her counterpart are in her room arm wrestling.

“Stronger than you,” E-Rainbow Dash said as she was starting to overpower her human counterpart.

Rainbow Dash struggled against her counterpart before E-Rainbow Dash finally beat her.

“Haha, I’m the best Rainbow Dash of two worlds!” E-Rainbow Dash cheered, jumping up in victory.

“Yeah, yeah you just got lucky,” Rainbow Dash said as she rubbed her sore arm.

“Luck had nothing to do with it,” E-Rainbow Dash, a big smile on her face as she reached inside her shirt color to pull out her engagement ring. “I owe it to my better half.”

“You’re engaged?!” Rainbow Dash said in shock.

“Yep!” E-Rainbow Dash said happily before sitting down, gazing lovingly at her engagement ring. “Twilight’s the best thing to ever happen to me.”

“You’re engaged to Princess Twilight?!” Rainbow Dash in surprise. “How did that happen?”

E-Rainbow Dash’s smile dropped which caused Rainbow Dash to worry.

“Did I say something wrong?” Rainbow Dash asked cautiously.

“No, it’s just that what led to us getting engaged is something I’m ashamed of,” E-Rainbow Dash said. “You see, my friends and I were asked by Princess Celestia to help out with the wedding of Princess Cadance and Twilight’s brother, I was supposed to do a Sonic Rainboom when the bride and groom said their I dos. But Twilight started suspecting something was off with the bride but rather than believe her I brushed her off and when she confronted the Princess who we later found out was a fake, her brother explained all her accusations away and told her not to come to the wedding as he left to check on the fake bride, the rest of us followed and didn’t even spare a glance at Twilight as we left her alone.”

Rainbow Dash was shocked to hear how her counterpart left a friend and she found the way they left Twilight to be eerily familiar.

“Some loyal friend I was,” E-Rainbow Dash said bitterly. “It doesn’t matter if I’m the element of loyalty, I should always have my friends back. That’s why when Twilight told us what was going on with Sunset, we noticed how similar her situation was with ours so we insistent on helping Sunset convince you that she’s innocent.”

“Listen, our experience is different from yours, Sunset broke up me and my friends by making it look like we were being terrible friends,” Rainbow Dash explained. “She turned us against each other so that we wouldn’t pose a threat to her.”

“Was Sunset a loyal friend?” E-Rainbow Dash asked.

“Of course not, she betrayed us!” Rainbow Dash easily answered.

“I meant before this,” E-Rainbow Dash clarified. “Was there a moment that showed Sunset’s loyalty to you?”

Rainbow Dash thought for a moment and remembered a bet she had lost to Applejack where she had to wear a dress for a full day, the dress made her look very cute and she received those compliments everywhere she went, it was worse at school. But to her surprise, Sunset had also worn a very cute dress which contrasted with her bad girl look.

“Sunset shared my embarrassment,” Rainbow Dash whispered.

“Your embarrassment?” E-Rainbow Dash questioned

“Let’s just say I lost a bet with Applejack,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Ah! Gotcha,” E-Rainbow Dash understood and winked and Rainbow.

“I asked why she did it and she said that she didn’t want me to feel alone,” Rainbow Dash said with a grin. “I just laughed and said I never feel alone when I have my friends.” Rainbow’s eyes widened as she realized something. “Sunset showed her loyalty to me again when she chose to help me work on my grades instead of going to a concert that was only on for one night!”

“We both were looking forward to the concert but because I recently failed a test my parents said I couldn’t go and I had to study for a makeup test the day after the concert, I was pretty bummed and called Sunset to go without me. You can imagine my surprise when she showed up at my house with her textbooks to help me study,” Rainbow Dash recalled how guilty she felt that Sunset threw away her only chance to see her favorite band.

“Did you pass your test?” E-Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash answered, looking down dejectedly.

“Still think Sunset betrayed you?” E-Rainbow Dash questioned, when her counterpart didn’t answer she continued. “You said that Sunset tricked you and your friends into breaking up, tell me, does Anon-A-Miss seem like something she would do?”

E-Rainbow Dash waited for her counterpart’s answer, she saw Rainbow Dash ball her hands into fists.

“No,” Rainbow Dash softly answered, finally realizing the mistake she made.

“I almost lost someone very important to me because I lacked faith in them,” E-Rainbow Dash said as she placed her hand on Rainbow Dash’s shoulder. “Sunset needs you.”

“Even after I betrayed her?” Rainbow Dash asked, raising her head to look at her counterpart with teary eyes.

“You’ll continue to betray her if you do nothing,” E-Rainbow Dash said. “Be there for Sunset and after this is over you can make it up to her.”

“You’re right,” Rainbow Dash agreed as she wiped away her tears. “I got to apologize to Sunset first.”

“Let’s go then,’ E-Rainbow Dash said with a smile, happy that she was able to make her counterpart see the truth.

Rainbow Dash took out her phone and started texting Pinkie Pie.


Sunset sighed as she looked over her notes, she very close to finding the identity of Anon-A-Miss but she needed one more clue to put it all together. Suddenly, she heard her text alert and saw that it was from Pinkie Pie telling her to meet up at the Wondercolt Statue.

“I wonder if they succeeded?” Sunset asked out loud as she got up from her chair, she texted Pinkie that’s she’s on her way before placing her journal in her backpack and leaving her apartment.

Sunset made her way to the school and when she saw the Wondercolt statue she saw Applejack arguing with E-Applejack, she quickened her pace and was close enough to hear them.

“Stop being stubborn about this!” E-Applejack said to her counterpart. “Can’t yah see that yer friends figured out the truth?!”

“There’s no way ah’m believing that!” Applejack stubbornly said. “Yah probably used yer magic to brainwash them!”

“Yah honestly think we would use magic fer that?” E-Applejack questioned, raising an eyebrow at her counterpart. “Fer one thing, only Rarity can use magic on the count of bein’ a unicorn. Secondly, the only magic we all share is the Magic of Friendship.”

Applejack had reached her limit with her counterpart, somehow her friends’ counterparts had managed to convince them of Sunset’s innocence but she wasn’t buying that they realized their mistake, not when they all agreed that Sunset had betrayed them. She was losing her friends again and it was Sunset’s fault.

“Magic this!” Applejack said as she reeled her fist back and threw a punch at her counterpart but to her surprise, Sunset was suddenly in front of her and took the punch.

Everyone gasped in horror and even Applejack was stunned.

“Sunset!” E-Applejack shouted in worry as she checked her fellow Equestrian. “Are yah alright?!”

“I’m fine,” Sunset assured her, she felt something run down her nose and when she wiped it off she saw that it was blood. “I wondered when you would draw first blood.”

“Sunset, I…” Applejack trailed off, her anger disappearing as she realized what she had done.

“Save it,” Sunset growled as she glared at Applejack. “You made it clear that you won’t listen to anything we say so I’m done trying.” She turned to E-Applejack and her gaze softened. “Thanks for trying Applejack, but it’s a lost cause.”

Sunset walked past E-Applejack who reached a hand out to her but stopped, she turned to look at her counterpart with a disappointed look and walked after Sunset. The rest of the girls watched Sunset go before looking at Applejack, the Rainbooms looked conflicted before their counterparts motioned for them to stay with Applejack while they chased after Sunset. Applejack watched the Equestrians leave, her friends standing by and looking at her with remorse. Applejack had screwed up.

Author's Note:

Applejack's anger and stubbornness have always gotten the best of her and it always ends up biting her, I hope you enjoy this early chapter and I look forward to your comments.