• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 2,241 Views, 119 Comments

With a Knowledge of Everyting... - Lord Guffington

  • ...
11
 119
 2,241

Who you gonna call?

Who You Gonna Call?

"Would you like some more tea?" I ask with a very posh accent.

"Why, yes please," Fluttershy says with an equal accent. We both laugh a little at the joke. I clear my throat and pour the Pegasus some more of the well known drink. She gladly accepts it and takes a sip. I pour myself some also and put a few cubes of sugar in it. I stir it a bit so that it's not so grainy and take a sip.

"This is delightful." I continue. Fluttershy nods in agreement. We both share another laugh. I check my recently bought watch and stand up.

"Sorry Miss Fluttershy, but I have to go now." I down the rest of my tea and pick up the little saucer that comes with it.

"Hey!"

I look up to Fluttershy and see that she is also help clean up the little tea party we had... Don't judge me. I like tea. He start rolling up the picnic blanket.

"Hey!"

I look around again and notice a small dust cloud in the distance. I put a hand over my eyes and see two spots rapidly heading towards us. One of the two spots is teal, the other being dark orange. Hey look. It's Snips and Snails.

"Hey!" I hear Snips shout. I give a sigh and continue rolling up the blanket. As soon as I'm done, the two colts are barely ten feet away from me. The both life to a stop, Snails comically springing back and forth. Then again, this is a cartoon world.

"Hey! Didn't you hear me?" Snips asks.

"Yes, we heard you." I motion to myself and Fluttershy. "What is it you two needed?"

"Come on! There's a new unicorn in town, and she's got more magical powers than any unicorn ever!" Snips shouts with excitement.

"I can already guess who that is," I grumble under my breath. I pick up the blanket as Fluttershy picks up the platter with the tea stuffs in it. "We'll be in town square in a bit. Just hurry along now," I tell the two colts. They jump up excitedly and and sprint back to town.

The butter yellow Pegasus and I make it back to the cottage in a short amount of time, mainly because it was in her backyard. I put the blanket in the closet while she puts the platter in the kitchen. I make a dog out of my fingers and turn pony, my vision slightly swirling.

"Come on. Let's go see this unicorn." I call out. Fluttershy walks in, but quickly turns around to avoid looking at me. Curse my large wings. Did I forget to mention that large wings are also sexy in Equestria?

With a roll of my eyes, I lead Fluttershy to the Town Square, where many ponies are chatting in a crowd around a caravan. I quickly make it behind the caravan and turn human. Thankfully, there is also a wall behind the mobile stage. I cast some purple magic on the ground and turn pony again. I make it back to the crowd, where I see Twilight and Spike joining the group. I squeeze in between Applejack and Rarity.

"Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of the Great and Powerful Trixie!" A voice shouts from the caravan. The stage open up like a pop-out book. A spark sets off, sending smoke flying everywhere. The smoke clears to reveal a sky blue pony with a cornflower mane. She has a wizard's hat, with a matching cape on her back. The crowd 'oohs' and 'ahhs' at her entry.

"Meh." I say.

"Watch in awe, as the Great and Powerful Trixie performs the most spectacular feat of magic ever witnessed by pony eyes!" Trixie announces as she stands on her hind hooves. Fireworks all around her go off, creating beautiful scenery around her. Too bad I'm not affected by stuff like that.

"My, my, my. What boasting!" Rarity says.

"Come on! No pony's as magical as Twi-" Spike cuts himself off as he notices he's in front of Rarity. "Twi-Twi-Oh! *cough* Uh, hey Raity! I, uh-mustache!" Spike runs off back into the crowd. Rarity looks to me for an answer to which I shrug.

"There's nothing wrong with being talented, is there?" Twilight asks.

"Only if you don't boast about it. Just makes you look a bit... stupid." I say. I look back to Trixie as she teleports in a bouquet of flowers.

"Just because one has the ability to perform lots of magic does not make them better than the rest of us." Rarity states. Twilight's ears flatten against her head a little.

"Yeah, especially when you got me around being better than the rest of us!" Rainbow exclaims. Applejack gets up in her face with a nasty glare. "I mean, uh, yeah! Magic, shmagic. Boo!"

"Well, well, well. It seems we have some neigh-sayers in the audience!" Did... Did she just actually whinny? I never noticed that. "Who is so ignorant to challenge the magical ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie? Do they not know that they are in the presence of the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria?!"

I look around the crowd a little bit, not finding a wizard's hat anywhere. "I don't see Starswirl the Bearded." I state. The few ponies around me laugh a bit. Trixie just glares at me, which I return with a smile.

"Pfft. Just who does she think she is?" Rarity asks nobody in particular.

"Yeah, since we all know that Twilight here is-"

"Spike! Shh!" Twilight interrupts the dragon. She pushes Spike out of the crowd to speak to him privately. Some more fireworks go off on the stage. Dash doesn't approve of her show, presenting it by flying up into Trixie's personal space.

"So, the Great and Powerful Trixie. What makes you think you're so awesome anyway?" The Pegasus questions the magician.

"Why, only Trixie has the magic capable of vanquishing the dreaded Ursa Major!" Trixie announces the whole crowd. So,e of the fireworks explode, making a colorful representation of a bear with a star atop its head.

"What?" Snips drones.

"No way!" Snails continues.

"When all hope was lost," Trixie continues. "The ponies of Hoofington had no one to turn to, but the Great and Powerful Trixie stepped in, and with her awesome magic, vanquished the Ursa Major and banished it to its cave, deep within the Everfree Fprset!" A small figure made from some more magically enhanced fireworks creates a small version of Trixie. The figure holds a wand and, with horribly animations, waved the wand around. The picture of the bear darkened before exploding into pretty little sparks.

"So sweet!" Snips and Snails shout.

"Meh." I drone again.

"That settles it." Snips sticks out his hoof to prove his point.

"Trixie truly is the most talented, most magical, most awesome unicorn in Ponyville." Snails says as he motions to Trixie.

"No, in all of Equstria!" Snips butts in.

"How do you know? You didn't see it! And besides, Twil-Hmmf hmf!" Spike's rant gets cut off by a magically appeared zipper from Twilight. Trixie gives a delightful laugh from her two colt admirers.

"It's true, my enthusiastic little admirers! Trixie most certainly is the best in Ponyville!" Crickets chirp throughout the crowd. "Don't believe me the Great and Powerful Trixie? Well then, I hereby challenge you, Ponyvillians. Anything you can do, I can do better."

I highly doubt that, I think to myself.

"Any takers? Any one? Hm? Or is Trixie destined to be the greatest equine that has ever lived!" The boaster stands on her hind hooves, fireworks going off all around her.

Spike unzips the zipper still on his mouth and gets on his knees, holding onto Twilight's hooves. "Please! She's unbearable! You just gotta show her! Please!"

"There's no way I'm going to use my magic now, Spike," I hear Twilight whisper to Spike, "Especially since-"

"Hmm. How about... you?" Trixie points at hoof directly at the purple unicorn. Twilight cowers away a little, hopeful to escape the scene.

"Well how about it?" Trixie asks as she walks closer to the edge. Just a little closer... "Hmm? Is there anything you can do that the Great and Powerful Trixie can't?"

Twilight looks around nervously. "I-I..."

"Well little hayseed?" Trixie taunts further

"That's it!" Applejack shouts. "Ah can't stand fer no more o' this!" She walks up onto the stage.

"You show her AJ!" Spike encourages.

"Yeah, kick her flank with her skills!" I add.

The earth pony somehow attaches a long piece of rope to her tail. "Can your magical powers do this?" Applejack asks as she begins doing amazing tricks with that lasso, muck like hopping through the hole, or spinning it around herself. She finishes it off by grabbing an apple from a tree with the rope and pulling it towards herself. The apple flies from the grip of the rope and into the pony's mouth, who promptly eats it in one bite. The ponies in the crowd cheer for her performance.

"Top that, missy," AJ says as she crosses one pair of legs over the other.

"Oh ye of little talent, watch and be amazed at the power of Trixie!" She removes her wizard's hat, revealing her horn which glows a hot pink. The unicorn picks up one of the ends of rope and levitates it in front of Applejack's face. The earth pony stares intently at it, entranced by its movements.

"It's a trap!" I shout. But it's too late, for Trixie had already begun wrapping the other end around an apple. The entrancing end of the rope suddenly shot out and hog tied Applejack, the other end stuffing an apple in her mouth. The crowd 'Oohs' at the act.

"Once again, the Great and Powerful Trixie prevails!" Trixie announces. I help Applejack get the rope off of her before she face planted with the ground.

"There's no need to go strutting around like that!" Rainbow interjects.

"Oh?" Trixie asks.

"That's. My job!" The Pegasus flies into the air. She flies right into the blades of a nearby windmill, causing them to spin wildly. She uses the built up momentum to launch into the air, punching holes through many clouds along the way. She flies right up in front of the Sun, her form merely a silhouette. The daredevil dashes back to the ground, collecting water droplets from the clouds she just injured. The Pegasus flies right back along the windmill before launching onto the stage, skidding to a hault in front of the show off unicorn. The water behind her greets her from behind, crashing into her back and forming a mini rainbow.

"That don't call me Rainbow and Dash for nothin'." She states. The crowd cheers even more wildly at this performance.

"When Trixie is through with you, the only thing they'll call you is Loser." The unicorn fires up her horn again. She blasts a beam of magic at the Pegasus still posing proudly. The mini rainbow above her comes alive and spins around Dash quickly, creating a mini, colorful tornado.

"Whoa!" Rainbow cries as she flies erratically through the air. She continues flying until meeting the ground, the tornado slowing down the spin. "I think... I'm gonna be sick," she says weakly.

"Seems like any pony with a dash of good sense would think twice before tussling with the Great Trixie." She creates a small gray cloud behind Rainbow as AJ and I help her up. The mini cloud zaps Rainbow in the flank, eliciting a frightful shriek. The crowd and Trixie laugh at the scene.

"What we need is another unicorn to challenge her. Someone with some magic of her own?" Spike suggests as he nudges Twilight.

"Yeah, a unicorn to show this unicorn who's boss!" Rainbow exclaims.

"A real unicorn to unicorn tussle!" Applejack agrees. I sit there for a moment before speaking up.

"Sorry guys, but I'm a Pegasus at the moment." The three look at me quizzically. "And I can't use magic as a Pegasus. Other than turning to human, which I will choose when to do."

"What are you talking about?" Rainbow asks.

I whisper to my fellow Pegasus, "I can turn human if I do something with my wings, which you might find uncomfortable."

"Enough. Enough all of you!" Rarity interjects. "I take your hint, but Rarity is above such nonsense. Rainbow Dash and Applejack may behave like ruffians, but Rarity conducts herself with beauty and grace."

"Ooh, what's the matter?" Trixie asks. "Afraid you'll get a hair out of place in that rat's nest you call a mane?"

Rarity is dead silent for a second before glaring. "Oh, it. Is. On!" She whispers. She walks onto stage, briskly trotting past the show mare. "You may think you're tough with your so called powers, but there is more to ,aficionado than your brutish ways. A unicorn needs to be more than just muscle." He horn glows light blue as she grips a curtain with her magic. "A unicorn needs to have style!" The cloth spins rapidly around her until stopping in the form of a beautiful dress, her mane also changed than from before. "A unicorn's not a unicorn without beauty and grace."

Trixie frowns before her horn lighting up, a mischievous smile on her face.

"Rarity won't let Trixie get the best of her! She's strong, she's beautiful, she's-" a light flashes before the crowd. Everypony stares in horror at the sight they see, gasping from all the mouths within the vicinity.

"Quick! I need a mirror! Get me a mirror! What did she do to my hair? I know she did something terrible to my hair!" Rarity shrieks.

"Nothing!" Answered Twilight.

"It's fine!" From Rainbow.

"It's gorgeous!" Applejack tried.

"It's green." Spike and I deadpanned. The Pegasus, earth pony, and unicorn stare at us both angrily, causing us to back away.

Rarity stares at her mane with tear filled eyes. "No... Green hair! Not green hair!" She jumps off the stage and gallops away. "Such an awful, awful color!" She cried. A pony with green hair glared at her as she ran by.

"Well, I never!" Carrot Top exclaimed.

"Well Twilight, I guess it's up to you." Spike demanded. "Either that, or Christian over there tries something." I shrugged and thought over my plans with the show off. "Come on, show her what you're made of!"

The ponies stare at the librarian. "W-what do you mean? I-I'm nothing special."

"Yes you are! You're better than her!" Spike argued.

"I'm not better than anyone!" Twilight retorted as she nervously looked around.

"Ha! You think you're better than the Great and Powerful Trixie? You think you have more magical talent? Well come on. Show Trixie what you've got!" Trixie smiled evilly at Twilight. Okay, almost my time to shine. "Show us all," Trixie continued.

"Who, me? I'm just your run-of-the-mill citizen of Ponyville! No powerful magic here. I, uh, I think I hear my laundry calling. Sorry, gotta go!" Twilight runs off, leaving a small dust cloud.

"Twilight?" Spike says.

"Ha! Once again, the Great and Powerful Trixie has proven herself to be the most amazing unicorn in all of Equestria! Was there any ever doubt?" Trixie starts walking behind the curtains.

"Wait!" I shout. The magician stops and turns to look at me.

"What is it you want?" She asks boringly.

"I bet you can't perform something I can." I challenge.

"Oh really? And what is that, some kind of amazing stunt?"

"Actually, I don't know how to fly yet, so no." Trixie raises an eyebrow before bursting out laughing.

"Oh this is too rich! A Pegasus who can't fly? Priceless!" She laughs, whinnying a bit even. I trot up onto the stage.

"Guess what? I may not know how to fly, and I'm not a unicorn, but I can perform more magic than you can."

"Impossible! You don't even have a horn!" Trixie announces seriously.

"I don't need no dang horn," I pronounce incorrectly. Why? Because I can. "Just let me get my fingers."

"Fingers?"

"Fingers." I spread my wings and turn to the crowd. "If you are squeamish with your wings, I suggest you turn away right now." 2/3 of the pegasi either cover their eyes or turn around. I proceed to twist my wings around each other, a couple of pops resounding through the bones. So relaxing.

"What are yo-" Trixie never finished, for a bright light burst forth from my body. She covered her eyes to protect them, but the light only lasted a couple of seconds. She removes her hoof from her eyes to stare at me with wide eyes.

"Wha-who-whe-why-how-what are you?" She stuttered. I put a fist to my open palm and crack some of my knuckles. She shivers a bit from the noise.

"A human," I reply casually. I pop my other set of knuckles, then my neck. "So we ready to do some magic?" I ask.

"But you still don't have a horn!" She protested.

"Like I said, I don't need a horn. Now, what is it you wanted to challenge me to?"

"Um, Trixie doesn't know. What is it you said you could so? Other than transforming."

"Boy, it's a good thing I thought ahead!" I walk off the stage, grab the purple ball of magic, then walk back onto the wooden platform.

"Here, I got some magic." I hold it up and poke my finger into it. A piano song starts playing.

Sideburns...

Nope. Let's see, if I add some more magic, I can change the type of song. I pour a bit of more magic into the orb, and notice Trixie watching. "Can I help you?" I ask.

She looks up from the orb and just turns back to it. I poke the orb again, this time giving me the correct song intro.

"Okay, just sing what you think is correct. And it will most likely come to you. And sing to the crowd at first." I said quickly during the intro. She nodded and began singing with me.

T: I'm Trixie Welcome to the show

Got Magic tricks so here we go

We're gonna have some fun

Hold on to your hats

C: We don't care who you are anymore

Just pack your things go out the door

You claim that your performing

Don't make us laugh

T: I have something more

C: We've seen it before

T: It's much more special

C: We'd rather be in hell

T: It might be the same act

Be patient you'll see

You can call it fake

But this is real magic!

Real Magic!

Look as I make stuff levitate

Making a rope act like a snake

And of course the famous

Bunny from a hat!

Got magic cards

And so much more

I even brought fireworks

For all of you to all to enjoy

C: Who cares about that?

It's all the same thing

All the same tricks

We've seen before

T: It might be the same act

Be patient you'll see

You can call it fake

But this is real magic!

Real magic!

C: Why do you still want to perform?

We tried to tell you all along

That this act is old

You have to face that!

T: I heard all what you have said

But I don't think I should be mad

the most important thing

Is to enjoy what you do!

C: But it doesn't make sense

T: It doesn't change a thing

C: Even if we say it's bad

T: I'm still performing!

C: It might be the same act

T: Be patient you'll see

C&T: You can call it fake

But this is real magic!

Real magic!

The song ends, both the unicorn and I panting a bit. I crush the ball under my hand, some of the magic absorbing into my skin. "Okay, I think I'm done here." I make the weird looking dog out of the criss-cross of my fingers and make a bright light. I look down and see hooves, charcoal colored. I turn my gaze upward to see Trixie staring at me more.

"What? Is there something in my teeth?" I open my lips and bring my hoof to my teeth in case I do. My hoof is stopped by a blue hoof.

"No, it's just that it's very strange. Out of all the species Trixie has entertained, you are by far the weirdest." Her eyes close halfway. "I like it."

And the Nope Train has arrived. Next stop? Home.

"Sorry Trixie, but you're not my type." I pull my hoof from hers.

"What?! Trixie would never stoop that low! She only wanted a traveling companion and partner for entertainment. But since you have obviously declined, Trixie changes her mind." She throws down a smoke pellet, lots of smoke going everywhere. When it clears, Trixie is poorly hidden behind a curtain.

With a roll of my eyes, I turn back to the crowd, who is still standing there, slightly stunned. I kneel down on one of my forelegs, an obvious sign that the show is over. One pony starts slowly stomping their hooves on the ground, then they start to speed up. Another joins them, then some more, until it's a complete applaud. I stand up and look over the crowd to see them cheering and stomping and some even clapping with their hooves.

Trixie slowly peeks out from behind the curtain, curious of what's going on. She decides to come join me, hopefully to also get some applause. I turn to her, blur my eyes and jump off the stage, my shout ready.

"KREN!"

A blue portal opens out of nowhere, upon which I land. When I open my eyes, I see I'm in the cottage again.

"Yep. Today's been a good day." I walk over to the window and look out to the town. "Good luck Twilight!" I shout.

Author's Note:

Yep. It's here. It's short. I don't know if I can finish it here or not. If not, which is most likely, then just imagine Twilight doing everything that she normally did in the show. Right, so next vote.

Zebras and Poison Joke
The Parasprite Invasion
Winter Wrap-Up