• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 2,238 Views, 119 Comments

With a Knowledge of Everyting... - Lord Guffington

  • ...
11
 119
 2,238

Mare in the Moon Part 2

Mare in the Moon Part 2

Phoenix was in his room, watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. He doesn't know how, but his brother turned him into a fellow brony. It started a month ago, when they both went to Oklahoma to visit family by themselves. Around half of the vacation, his brother always was up earlier than him, with the T.V. on. What was on it? The current show he was watching. He tried to ignore it, but the sounds from the show, and whenever he watched little kids' shows with his sister, managed to get to him.

Somehow in the last two days, Christian had disappeared. Nobody knows what happened, and the only clues were his messed up room, an iPod that was on Youtube, and the loud noises heard the night before he was declared missing. The search lasted two days, only no trace of him anywhere. When his family was told that he was gone, everyone was in tears, or gloomy. Phoenix however, decided not to dread on it too long, and watched some more T.V. to get his mind off of things.

What he didn't expect was to find his brother in the show! It surprised him at first, then he got really jealous. I mean, what brony doesn't want to got to Equestria? He just went with the flow of his brother being in their favorite show. He found it pretty amusing for a few minutes, then he only started ruining a few of the surprises. The biggest part he found interesting was the part when his eyes turned golden.

He was getting a little antsy with what will happen, since it's the first episode and he has to deal with Nightmare Moon. He face-palmed when he was acting all brave. He saw Nightmare get a little angry, and his brother a little show-off like. Honestly, he was getting scared for his brother because he knew what she could do. His brother said "Hit me with your best shot" and she fired a lightning bolt right at him as soon as his eyes turned golden. It collided with his chest and sent him flying across the room, colliding into his favorite pony, Rainbow Dash.

'I don't know who I should feel sorry for, my brother, or the best pony,' he thought to himself. The screen faded and it soon popped back to life, saying, "To Be Continued." He quickly searches through the recordings of the show and plays the one that came right after.

-------------------------

I open my eyes to find myself staring at the ceiling with a few ponies staring at me, and a few pegasi floating above me. The only thing that really hurts is the back of my shoulders, most likely where I first landed. I feel something soft and fluffy on my left arm and look over to see Rainbow Dash struggling to get me off of her. She was in a position I can't describe that allowed her little movement.

"Ack! Get off of me!" she shouts. I comply by lifting my arm. She hovers a few feet from the ground a few feet and stares at me like I'm some kind of ghost. "Are you okay? Didn't that hurt?" I blink for a second, utterly confused. Then it hits me. Quite literally. A zapping sound lasts for a second, before I quickly blur my vision. A force knocks me in the head, an inch above my ear. It doesn't really hurt, more like a quick push from someone relatively strong. I turn my head to my attacker, who is standing there, mouth agape and eyes wide. I blur my vision (yet again) and feel as if my mind is being taken over. Pure hatred bubbles inside me as I feel my vocal cords tingle with a strange sensation. Then, like some angry blob of awesomeness, shout thee words that rival the Royal Canterlot Voice.

"Strun... Bah QO!"

The sky changes to an angry reddish orange, clouds forming outside, and raining cats, dogs, and parakeets. Yeah, it's that bad. A lightning bolt strikes Nightmare, in which she cries out in pain. Many pegasi fly away, hoping not to get hit by any lightning. When she regains her posture, she seems unharmed, which means the lightning was probably more like a pinch. A pinch so small, you have to use your fingernails. Those hurt a lot.

"How can this be?! You are but merely a legend! No matter, for even you cannot stop me from creating eternal night!" She says as she glares daggers, swords, maces, axes, basically anything that's a weapon. But I saw one thing I never thought someone as strong as her would ever think. Pain.

"Seize her! Only she knows where the Princess is!" Mayor Mare shouts. Three Royal Guard pegasi fly in a beeline for her. Nightmare Moon rears back on her hind legs, preparing to fend them off.

"Stand back you fools!" she shouts, eyes glowing to a blinding white. She gives an evil laugh as she strikes all three of them down with lightning. She covers herself into a mist that's the same color as her mane and flies out the front door, scattering ponies to run, fly, and even faint for their lives. Rainbow flies after the mist, which I'm guessing she's probably going to try beating it up.

After my little act, I start to feel a bit light-headed. I sit back down on the stone floor, attempting to regain my senses. I idly rub my neck to feel anything wrong with it. It feels as if the skin and muscles were replaced by stone. A weird fleshy stone while I'm at it. I breath a sigh of relief, thanking that my neck is not everywhere on the ground. The Mane 6, excluding Rainbow, run to my side.

"Oh my! Are you alright? Did you break anything? Are you-?" I cut off Fluttershy with a finger to her lips, which she started to blush slightly.

"I'm alright, Flutters. Although, I have no idea how I'm still alive. Maybe an idea..." I start rubbing my chin as if I had I goatee. Great, now I want one. I sit there for a minute, deciding if my theory is correct. My train of thought is derailed by Twilight.

"Well? What do you think it is?" She raised a questioning eyebrow. My response is turning my eyes gold. "Oh! I see now."

"Now why would ya go an' do that?!" Applejack shouted. "Ya coulda' killed yerself!"

"Because I'm a stupid idiot who acts then thinks. Also, I know what we need to do," I said giving a sly smile and say, "I know Twilight knows what to do." The mare who's name I just announced wore a confused face, obviously thinking of what I said. Then, like a light bulb turning on, she charged out of the door with Spike on her back.

"Where's she going?" Pinkie asked, completely confused. "Should we follow her?"

"Eeyup," I say. Applejack looks at me with a look mixed with confusion and suspicion. "I said, let's go!" I quickly jump up and was about to head out the door, when Rarity stopped me.

"Oh my heavens! Your shirt, darling! It's horrid!" she exclaimed in terror. I look down and, for the first time in a while, notice what shirt I'm wearing. It's a white large shirt that has the 'Under Armour' logo on it. I see a medium-sized, burned hole in it, right below where my sternum is. The surprising part is that my skin is still intact. I give Rarity a disbelieving look. "What? it is pretty cold outside, and I don't like seeing clothes dirty, much less ruined."

"Um, yeah. Look, we need to find Twilight and help her before something bad happens," I say, quickly leaving the building. The other five quickly run after me, probably going faster than me. Especially Applejack.

-------------------------

We make it to Twilight's house and see all the lights turned on. I rush in first, only to see Twilight tucking a twitching Spike in bed. He jolts up, eyelids half open.

"We gotta stop Nightmare!" he exclaims before falling back into bed, falling asleep on impact. Twilight places a blanket over him to keep him warm.

"You've been up all night, Spike. You are a baby dragon after all," Twilight says. She walks away while turning off the lights. She doesn't notice me as she walks over to some shelves housing some books. The unicorn levitates about half of the books, creating a large smash. She picks up many books, looking through them, obviously not finding what she's looking for. "Element, elements, elements?! Argh! How can I stop Nightmare Moon without the Elements of Harmony?" she asks herself as she sits on her rump.

"And just what are the Elements of Harmony? And how did you know about Nightmare Moon, huh? Are you a spy?" Rainbow asked as she got muzzle to muzzle with Twilight. Startled a bit I flinched as I didn't expect her to be that quick. Twilight started backing up slowly, until her rum hit a bookshelf. My mind wanders a bit to a certain game I used to play. Team Fortress 2. My mind is brought back to reality by a noise from Rainbow. "Woah!" she cries out from her tail being pulled back by Applejack.

"*sigh* Simmer down, Sally. She ain't no spy," she says to the slightly enraged pegasus. The rest of the group walk up to Twilight. "But she sure know what's going on, don't ya Twilight? And what 'bout you, Christian?" Applejack says to the both of us. Twilight looks around fearfully for a second before sighing. I look around for a bit, trying not to look at the apple farmer.

"I read all about the prediction of Nightmare Moon," Twilight says. "Some mysterious objects called the Elemnts of Harmony are the only things that can stop her. But I don't know what they are, where to find them. I-I don't even know what they do!"

"'The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide'," Pinkie speaks up looking at a bookshelf. Twilight gallops over and knocks the party pony to the side.

"How did you find that?!" a befuddled Twilight asks. She picks up the book and looks towards the pink pony for an answer.

"It was under E!" Pinkie says in a singsong voice as she bounced around.

"Oh..." Twilight sighs as she face-hoofs. I swear, it looks almost exactly like a face-palm, except for the fact that it sounds different then a slap. Twilight brings the book up so everypony can read it. I would join, but I already know everyting about them. "There are six Elements of Harmony, but only five are known."

"Kindness, laughter, generosity, honesty, and loyalty," I pronounce, counting each one off as I use my fingers to count off each one. The girls just look at me a if I just destroyed Equestria. "What?"

"How do ya' know all a that?" Applejack asks accusingly.

"Let's just say that I know more than you think I do. Besides, we can talk about that later."

"Anyways," Twilight says, continuing her little speech. "The sixth is a complete mystery. It is said that the last know location of the five elements was in the Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters." I swear, I thought I heard a magical, swirling type noise. I look out the window only to see the moon, I shrug and turn my attention back to Twilight. "I t is located in what is now..."

"T-the Everfree Forest?!" everypony shouts in unison.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" I shout, heading for the door. Applejack stops me by jumping in front of the door.

"Now, hold up there! What do ya think you're doin', heading to the Everfree?"

"Look. I know it's really dangerous, but trust me when I say that nothing bad will happen. Especially with me," I say soothingly. I rub my neck to see if it's not tough. Nope, although it is a bit softer than before.

"Yeah! I'm not afraid to go in that dumb old forest!" Rainbow says as she flies up next to me. I look over to her to thank her, but stop when I see the small amount of fear in her eyes. Instead, I give a sly grin and gently push Applejack out the door. She's a bit heavy for a gentle push, but not too much for me to try too hard. We get about five feet from the library when I realize something. I need a weapon.

"Hey, you guys know any blacksmiths around here?" The group looks at me with blank stares. "You know, so I can get something to protect us. Magic won't always be there." Pinkie and Applejack go into deep thought, Fluttershy hides behind her mane, Rarity and Rainbow seem to not care, and, obviously, Twilight knows very little of the town. AJ remembers first.

"Well, ah know Forge. He's the blacksmith 'round 'ere, and makes all sorts a' stuff. Horseshoes, knives, and sometimes he makes weapons. He's just a bit south from 'ere." She pulls out a medium sized cloth bag that jingles a bit. "Ah got some bits for ya." I gladly accept the bag.

"Thanks AJ. I'll find put how to repay you. In the mean time, I'll meet all of you at the forest," I say, heading on over to the blacksmith, the girls walking the opposite way.

The blacksmith is a fairly small building, about the size of a normal house. The whole building is made of stone, except for the door which looks like it's made of mahogany. A sign hangs above the door, having a picture of an anvil and a hammer.

I enter the building, expecting the usual jingle you hear when you enter a gas station or something. What I did get was a blast of warm air, and loud sounds of metal hitting metal. I look around the shop as I try to find the owner or someone else who works here. The banging stops and a male pegasus walks out from a door behind the counter. He's a little larger than the Mane 6 and has a light gray coat. His mane is a lighter color than his coat and is cut to leave a few inches from his head. His eyes are a mixture of light green and dark blue, and he has a pretty thick mustache. Focusing on his expressions, he seems to be a little startled, but gathers his senses and goes back to an unamused expression.

"Yes? How can I help you?" he says, with a gruff voice that is older than he seems.

"I'd like to know if you have any weapons or weapon rentals that are under-" I check the bag I'm holding. "-about 50 bits," I say. What are you talking about? It sounds like you're talking about renting a car!

"Sure. Anything on the rack to your left is either used, or is around that price range," he says, gesturing to my left. I spot the rack and see an assortment of weapons. Maces, daggers, swords, axes, spears... I never knew these ponies would ever need anything like that. One sword catches my eye though. It has a blade that doesn't seem to big, but not too small either. The blade itself is a greenish-blue and gets wider towards the edge, until it reaches the tip, where it ends with a jagged tip. The hilt seems to be either bronze or gold, and in some parts there are parts the are the same type of metal as the blade. I pick it up and start moving it around to see if it's too heavy. Deciding it's not, I head over to the counter where the pegasus is patiently waiting. I set it on the table and get my bag of bits ready.

"You want to use that? Well, I don't want to turn you away from it, but that sword was never really the best to ever be made." he says with a chuckle

"Yeah, yeah. I just think that it's not how well it's made, it's how well you use it. So, how much for the rent?"

"48 bits."

"And how much to own it?"

"96."

"Well then, I guess I'll be renting it. Here you go." I hand him the bits and make my way for the door.

"Thanks. Just make sure it gets back here before next week."

"Got it. Thanks... uh..."

"Name's Forge."

"Yeah, thanks Forge!" I shout while walking out the door. For any of you who like heat, I'm betting you'd love it in there. I like it better out here where it's pretty cold. I head down the path that leads to the forest. Along the way, I check my neck for stiffness. Yes! Finally, I can fell tenderness, and not some fleshy, weird sort of stone! Oops, overreaction. So, it seems that I can do... what did I do exactly? Let's see, I shouted three words that don't seem to be English, something awesome happened... wait, does this mean I'm-

"There you are! Come on! We've been waiting forever!" I hear Rainbow shout, interrupting my thoughts. I look up to see all of the girls there. They all seem nervous, save for Flutters, who likes like she's going to pass out, and Pinkie, who looks like she's going to burst from excitement.

"Whee! Let's go!" Pinkie shouts.

"Not so fast," Twilight says, stopping Pinkie who stops with an audible skid. I'll probably understand Pinkie physics in a few weeks. "Look, I appreciate the offer, but I'd really rather do this on my own."

"No can do, sugarcube. We sure ain't lettin' any friend o' ours goin' in that creepy place alone," Applejack speaks up. I see Twilight cringe at the word "friend". Applejack continues, "We stickin' toNo I ain't you like caramel on a candy apple." The rest of the group walks into the forest with her.

"Yeah, why do you think I got this?" I ask, holding up my sword. The girls stop to see what I'm holding, and back up a few steps. "Relax, I'm not going to hurt you with this. Only anything that is a monster." They calm down a bit, but I can tell their still weary about it. I put it back in the black sheathe, which is attached to my hip, that came with it. Pinkie, however seems to have reverted completely back to her normal self.

"Anyways, We'll need to go especially if there are candy apples in there!" she says. She sees Twilight's expression of confusion. "What? Those things are good!" Pinkie says as she trots into the Everfree.

"Ladies first?" I ask Twilight with a fancy accent, gesturing to the forest. She gives a sigh and follows Pinkie. I follow closely behind, although not too closely. You know, personal space and such. We catch up to the group, Twilight taking the lead, then Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rainbow, and then me, getting pretty bored. I see the edge of a cliff coming up.

"So," Twilight begins, "N-none of you have been in here before?"

"Heavens no!" Rarity exclaims, "Just look at it! It's dreadful!"

"And it ain't natural!" Applejack says, "Folks say it don't work the same way as Equestria." I hear that same strange magical noise form before, except on the edge of the cliff. I peer down and see a faint shimmer that's also mixed with a strange mist.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Twilight breaks my sight from the cliff with the question.

"NOOooOOopony knows!" Rainbow says with a spooky voice. "You know why?" I roll my eyes, knowing it's not very scary.

"Rainbow! Quit it!" Applejack shouts, but Rainbow doesn't listen, so she continues scaring the rest of the group. Pinkie looks confused, Twilight looks intrigued, Applejack looks annoyed, and Rarity and Fluttershy look terrified. Me? I'm betting I look like I'm bored out of my mind.

"'Cause everypony who has ever come in, has never. Come. OUT!" she says with a shout.

*CRACK*

The ground gave way, causing everyone not a pegasus, who can fly, and me, who was standing far behind to start falling down the cliff.

"Fluttershy! Quick!" Rainbow shouts while flying after the group, leaving a rainbow trail behind me. Fluttershy looks at me in worry, and I just make a motion, telling her to go.

"Ohmygoodness!Ohmygoodness!" I hear her say. Now, how to get down.

It takes a minute for me to come up with a plan. After many ways of my dark mind telling me how I can go splat! on the ground far below, I came up with a simple idea of using my sword as a brake to slowly get down the cliff. I dig my sword into the ground, not too hard to get it stuck, but not too loose so I can slip and end up as a messy pancake. After a few minutes, I finally make it to a cliff edge where I see Twilight hanging over the end while Applejack is holding her up. I hear them trying to tell each other something.

"... you crazy?!" Twilight shouts.

"No ah ai'nt! I promise you'll be safe."

"That's not true!"

"Now listen 'ere. Wat ah'm sayin' here is tha honest truth! Let go, and you'll be safe," Aj reassures her. I see plenty of fear in Twilight's eyes, so I speak up.

"Trust her. Trust me. Just let go," I tell her. I see her calm down before falling off the cliff. Normally, I'd be scared to death, but I knew there were a couple of someponies there. A second of peace goes before I hear her terrified screams.

"AAAAHHH!" The scream happens for a few seconds, ending with the sound of faint thumps. I walk over next to AJ, kneel down, and hold to the edge for safety. I see Twilight being held up by Rainbow and Fluttershy. Twilight gives a sigh of relief, but then I see the three quickly drop a few tens of feet, and then stopping before hitting the ground. I quickly think of a meme I saw. I look over to Applejack, who has a concerned look on her face.

"Do you see this shiz, Applejack?" she looks over at me, even more confused. She shakes it off before jumping down on to a few smaller ledges. It suddenly hits me that I have no way of getting down. I would follow Applejack, but I don't want to possibly break my knees.

"Sorry girls," I hear Fluttershy say, "I'm not used to holding anything more than a bunny or two."

Leap of faith time. I jump off the edge, spread eagle position to slow my fall. All of the girls gasp, but I don't care. I just hope this works. I blur my vision, again, longer than I usually do. Just mere seconds from the ground, I quickly flip over, let my instincts take over, and shout just one word.

"WULD!"

I get sent straight back in the air, about ten to fifteen feet, and then start falling again, feeling as if I just started falling. I quickly roll over and get in a weird stance that will allow me to roll. I few feet from the ground, I start rolling forwards, tucking in my arms so they don't flail around. I move my head to the side so I don't let it hit the ground first, and instead use my shoulder.

"Parkour!" I shout as I roll. My knees, thighs, and right shoulder hurt a bit, but nothing seems to be bruised too badly, much less broken. I lay on the ground for a bit, catching my breath. After a few minutes, I hear that same, damn magical noise. I slowly turn my head over to where it was, and luckily I get a better view of it. It looks like the night sky, but instead of black, it's more like a blue or indigo. It disappears after heading to the canyon up ahead, but it's too dark to tell what it's doing. I turn my attention back to the girls, who are still surprised by my little act. I roll my eyes, and say, "I know. It was stupid, and I hope I don't have to do it again. So as of now, did anyone see that freaky mist?"

Snapping out of there trance, they take a look around, but end up shaking there head. I rub my neck again, and I feel the same sensation from before, only this time it doesn't seem so tense. Fluttershy comes up to me, still looking a bit worried.

"A-are you okay, if you don't mind me asking. I mean, you just jumped off of that cliff, and I don't know if you're hurt at all," she whispers, as her usual speech volume. I chuckle at her shyness, and just pat her on the head, which she seems to like.

"Yeah, I feel fine. Just gimme a sec to see if I can stand," I say, struggling to get up. After a few failed attempts, I shakily walk towards the group, who were obviously a little impatient, and even more worried looking. "Sorry if I kept you waiting. Now, let's go!"

We walking towards the canyon I saw the mist head off to. I check my sword to see if it survived the fall, which it did thankfully. rainbow decides to be the entertainment for the walk, while she flew around.

"...and when Pinkie and Rarity were safe, WOOSH! Me and Fluttershy looped-a-looped around and WHAM!" she said, landing next to Twilight, "Caught you right in the nick of time!"

"Yes, Rainbow. I was there," Twilight says, completely unamused, "And I'm very grateful, but we gotta- *GASP*" Twilight was cut off by a large mass stopping us from the valley. "A manticore!" Twilight shouts in fear. The mythological beast reared up and roared at us, bat wings unfurled and scorpion stinger ready to strike. "We've gotta get past him," Twilight says confidently. I check my neck and, thankfully, it's no longer stiff. I unsheathe my sword, not to attack, but to look intimidating.

The manticore assaults Rarity first, who deftly dodges the attack and than bucks it in the face. "Take that you ruffian!" she shouts proudly, only for her mane to be blown back and she goes cross-eyed by the beast ferocious roar.

"RRRROOOOAAARRR!" I can tell that it's pretty pissed now. Rarity, who takes no mind in the beast in front of her, stares at her mane in disgust.

"My hair!" she shouts. I face palm at the fashionista's response. After a sigh, I look up to see her fleeing from the beast.

"Wait," Fluttershy says, which is actually a louder than usual whisper. The manticore continues to chase Rarity, only to be stopped by a certain cowpony.

"Yeehaw! Get along, lil' doggy!" Applejack says as she continues to rodeo with the beast.

"Wait!" Fluttershy says,a little louder this time. After a few more seconds, the manticore finally manages to get AJ off.

"Whoa!" she exclaims, "All yours, pardner," she says a she soars past Rainbow.

"I'm on it!" the pegasus says as she gives a salute.

"Wait!" Fluttershy says even louder, only to have her mane be blown back by the wind of Rainbow. The multi-color maned pegasus flies quickly in circles around the manticore, creating a tornado of colors. Soon, the creature's tail is in the air, ready to strike. However, before he can attack, my vision is, once again, blurred and my vocal cords feel tingly.

"FUS!"

A blue force erupts in front of me, hitting the rainbow twister Rainbow becomes unsteady and flies off course. More specifically, me. I dodge by crouching just a few inches, which are quickly filled by a cyan blur that rush past me. The manticore is also dazed, stumbling around. He quickly shakes it off and glares at the gang and I. They all start pawing at the ground preparing to charge. I tap Fluttershy on the shoulder to get her attention.

"Go. Stop them," I say, which she replies with a nod. The other five begin their charge on the manticore, who is an a stance, ready to pounce on any of them. Well, most of them are charging, but Pinkie, of course, is hopping with the group.

"WAAAAIIIIT!" Fluttershy shouts, stopping the group. They do so looking confused, and even the manticore seems a little puzzled. Fluttershy walks up to the beast, who growls in anger and lifts a paw. I still hold my sword at the ready, just in case something goes wrong. Everyone else holds a hoof up to their face, expecting an attack from the manticore. That didn't happen.

"Shhh. It's okay," Fluttershy says soothingly. She begins to nuzzle the paw that wasn't raisedto attack. She looks up at the manticore kindly. He looks confused for a second, then looks at the paw that was recently nuzzled. He brings it closer to the yellow pegasus, revealing a thorn in the palm. "Oh, you poor, poor, little baby," Fluttershy says to the creature.

"Little?!" Rainbow exclaims.

"Now this might hurt for just a second," Flutters says, ignoring Rainbow's outburst. She takes the thorn in it's mouth and quickly pulls it out.

"RRRROOOOAARRR" goes the manticore, holding Fluttershy in its paw.

"Fluttershy!" everybody but me shouts. A loud slurp is heard as the creature gives the canary yellow pegasus a big lick a comically large tongue. He gives a purr as Fluttershy giggles.

"Aww, you're a just a little ol' baby kitty, aren't you? Yes you are. Yes you are!" Fluttershy says to the manticore as if one would talk to a baby. The rest of us walk by the creature. Twilight stops, waiting for Fluttershy, who has a very strange hair style, to catch up.

"How did you know about the thorn?" asks a very confused Twilight.

"I didn't. Sometimes we just need to be shown a little kindness," replies Fluttershy, still wearing that ridiculous hair-do (mane-do?)

Happy with her answer, Twilight walks ahead with her smile on. I sheathe my sword and catch up with the group. Again, I hear that magical noise. Looking around, I can't find it anywhere.

"Ugh," Rarity says, "My eyes need a rest from all this icky muck." The canopy starts to get thicker, blocking the moonlight and making it darker. "Well, I didn't mean that literally," Rarity mutters. I pick up a stick, than check my vocal cords, which are no longer tense. Luck seems to be on my side today. Blurred vision? Check. Tingly throat? Double check. Barely any sense in my mind? Checkity check, check, check. I hold the stick in front of my face and chech for any dampness. Finding the stick dry, I force myself to whisper, rather than shout.

"Yol."

A small wisp of flames reaches the stick, setting the end ablaze. With my makeshift torch I take the lead. Twilight walks up to my side.

"Do you mind telling me how you are able to do stuff like that?" she asks.

"Would you believe me if I said magic?" I retaliated. She gives a shrug and heads back with the other ponies.

"That ancient ruin could be right in front of our faces, and we wouldn't even know it!" Twilight exclaims. I hear the mist moving about again, and quickly point at it.

"There it is! do you see it?!" I shout keeping my eyes on the weird stuff.

"It's too dark to see anything, Christian, silly!" Pinkie exclaims happily. I look at her, or more likely, where I heard her voice. I look back towards the mist, only to see it's not there.

By now, everyone is talking about something, until a weird, squishy noise was made. "Oh wait," Applejack says, "I think I stepped in something."

"EEEKK!" Fluttershy screams, wings spread out.

"It's just mud," Applejack says as she continues on the path. A tree blocks her path, which she stops to look at for half a second. It looks hideous, almost as if a face was made into it, creating some sort of deformed monster. "Gahh!" AJ screams, jumping into a nearby bush. Everyone else looks at the other trees, seeing the other deformed, hideous faces. Everyone's reaction was completely normal. huddle into a group and scream in fear. Well, everyone save for me and Pinkie. I looked completely bored, while Pinkie started laughing.

She started making faces at the tree, as if she were mimicking someone. "Pinkie Pie," Twilight started, "What are you doing? Run!"

I face-palm once again. "Twilight, they're just trees."

Pinkie starts laughing again. "Oh girls, don't you see?" she stated as calmly as I did, except without so much irritation. Where was that music coming from? Oh wait, it's Pinkie. Now it's time for her to sing.

When I was a little filly and

the sun was going dooooooown.

The darkness and the shadows

they would always make me frooooooooown.

I'd hide under my pillow from what I thought I saw,

but Granny Pie said, 'That wasn't the way to deal with fears at aaaaalllllll.'

She said, 'Pinkie you gotta stand up tall, learn to face your fears,

you'll see that they can't hurt you just laugh to make them disappeeeeear.'

HA HA HA

Sooooooo, giggle at the ghosty

Guffaw at the grossly.

Crack up at the creepy.

Woof it up with the weepy.

Chortle at the cooky.

Snortle at the spooky.

And to tell that big dumb scary face to take a hike

and leave you alone and if he thinks he's scary than he's got another thing coming

and the very idea of such a thing just makes you wanna HAHHAHAAHAHA laaaauuuuuuugh.

I sit there, mouth agape, torch barely being held, confused as buck. I mean, how do you make things disappear if you just start singing? Then I remember, it's Pinkie Pie. Deal with it. I'm gonna have to use that method sometime.

The girls are all sitting there, rolling on the ground laughing. After calming down a bit, I decide that it's time to get going.

"Come on, girls. Don't we have to stop Nightmare?" They all agree, still giggling a bit. We make it around a few bushes, coming upon a river. Normally anyone would cross it, but this river is being thrashed around by an unknown force. Weeping is being heard over to our right. No longer needing the torch, I toss it into the river, where it is quickly enveloped by the white waters. I'm really glad we didn't try to cross the river. We walk through the bushes, until a large purple tail is seen thrashing about. The tail leads to a large sea serpent that, somehow, has goldish slick hair and half of his moustache seems to have been cut off.

"What a world! What a world!" he shouts, slamming his fists into the water. Anyone with experience from my world would know he's upset about his mustache.

"Excuse me,sir," Twilight says, "Why are you crying?" Of course! She doesn't know because she's never been to my world!

"Well I don't know," the serpent says, "I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this tiny little cloud of purple smoke just went whiz! past me and tore half of my beloved moustcahe, clean off!" He said, poining to the stub that used to be a half of his moustache. "And now," he continued. "I look simply horrid!" he cried, falling into the already thrashing waters and making a mini tidal wave.

After being soaked, Rainbow said, "Oh, give me a break."

"That's what all the fuss is 'bout?" Applejack said accusingly. I nudge Rarity in the shoulder, although it's pretty difficult due to my height.

"Why of course it is!" Rarity exclaimed. "How can you be so inconsiderate! Aww, just look at him," she said getting closer to the serpent. "Such lovely, luminescent scales!"

"*sniff* I know!" he says.

"Your expertly kept mane!"

"Oh I know! Oh I know!" he said, smoothing his hair back.

"Your fabulous manicure!"

"It's so true!" he says, squeezing his cheeks together. Okay, now I can tell he's definitely gay.

"All ruined without your beautiful moustache!"

"It's true! I'm hideous!" he shouted, covering his head in shame.

"I simply cannot let a crime against fabulousity go uncorrected!" She shouted, getting ready to pull out one of his scales.

"Wait!" I shout, stopping her from hurting him. I hold out my sword to her. "Use this instead."

She takes it in her mouth and swings it, making the cliche sound when a sword strikes something. Her tail is now on the ground, severed from her pristine coat. She picks it up in her levitation, bringing it towards the serpent's face, infusing it into his scales. Now, I'm not a master in fashion, but I can tell when something is horribly wrong. Right now, his make-shift moustache is non-matching. I mean, come on! It's worse than before! However, Stephen, let's call him that, doesn't seem to mind.

"Oh! Hoohoohoo! My moustache! How wonderful!" he says, striking a pose.

"You look smashing!" Rarity approves.

"Rarity! Your beautiful tail!" Twilight exclaims, looking at the stub on Rarity's rear.

"Oh, it's fine my dear. Short tails are in this season! And besides, it'll grow back."

Rainbow trots up to Twilight and whispers, "So will the mustache."

"Look! We can cross now! Let's g-AAHHH!" Twilight says before being lifted up by a purple scaled rock. Shut up, brain. That's obviously a part of the serpent's body.

"Allow me," he says before sticking his head in the water to make another stepping stone. We all start making it over, me being last. I make it over to one part, and let me tell ya, it's pretty slippery trying to hop across. I reach the end eventually and look back at the last part.

"Thanks... uh, I never caught your name," I say sheepishly. He brings his head out of the water and clears his throat.

"Ahem. I am Stephen Magnet IV," he says proudly.

"Well thanks Stephen," I say. I give him one last look, and then blur my eyes. He looks scared for a second, then faints, falling into the water with a loud splash. I chuckle to myself and then catch up with the group. For a few minutes, I hear nothing except for the spring in Pinkie's steps. That gets boring after a while, so I decide to play some music in my head. Nope, I'm not going to tell you the music.

"There it is! The ruin that holds the Element of Harmony! We've made it!" Twilight exclaims, messing up the music. Aww, it was at the best part to. Twilight begins galloping for the ruins, with the others in hot pursuit.

"Twilight! Wait fer us!" Applejack shouts. I decide to follow by walking briskly, so I don't fall in the canyon. Wait, the canyon?!

"Twilight! Wait!" I shout.

"We're almost there!" She shouts in response, not noticing the broken bridge ahead of her. So, yeah, she ends up nearly falling off. Using her forelegs, she quickly keeps moving them backwards. Rainbow pulls her back by her tail. I wonder how that feels...

"What's with you and falling off cliffs today?" she asks jokingly.

"I don't know. It's not fall yet, is it?" I reply with a sly smirk. This gets the group laughing a bit, and Rainbow giving me a brohoof. Wait a second, I just brohoofed Rainbow Dash! I can die happy now. But if I do, I'm gonna be pissed. After calming down, the group peers over the edge.

"Now what?!" Pinkie exclaims in despair, her voice echoing. Rainbow extends her wings and gives them a wiggle.

"Duh," she says matter-of-factly.

"Oh yeah!" Pinkie says. Rainbow jumps off the edge, grabs the piece of ladder on our side, and flies to the other side. She's about to tie it to the bridge support, when that same mist floats by.

"Rainbow Dash..." a voice says.

"Who's there?!" Rainbow exclaims, a little creeped out. "I ain't scared of you! Show yourself!" she shouts, using motions as if she were boxing.

"We've been eagerly awaiting for the best flier in Equestria..."

"Who?"

"Why, you of course!"

"Really?! I mean, oh yeah! Me! Hey, um, you wouldn't mind telling the Wonderbolts that, would ya? Because I've been trying to get in that group for like ever!"

"No, Rainbow Dash. We want you to join us!" Three ponies in matching uniform gallop out of the mist. "The Shadowbolts! We're the greatest aerial team in the Everfree Forest! And soon, we will be the greatest in all Equestria! But first, we need a captain." Rainbow's eyes light up with excitement. "The most magnificent..."

"Yep."

"... Swiftest..."

"Yes."

"... Most bravest flier in all the land!"

"Yes! It's all true."

"We need-" the female Shadowbolt gets close to Rainbow's ear and whispers, "-you."

"Woohoo! Sign me up! Just let me tie this bridge real quick and then we'll have a deal." she says as she reaches for the rope of the bridge.

"No! It's them, or us!" the female exclaims.

"Rainbow!" Twilight shouts, "What's taking so long?" Twilight sees the Shadowbolts. "Oh no. Rainbow!" she shouts as the eyes of the female one's eyes slow yellow, "Don't listen to them!" The fog thickens, creating a barrier between us.

"Hold up. I got this," I say professionally. Everypony backs up, knowing something's going to happen. The usual happens.

"Lok... Vah KOOR!"

Another blue eruption appears in front of me, heading for the fog. The fog quickly dissipates, showing three surprised Shadowbolts and a Rainbow Dash tying the rope to the stone pillar. Rainbow flies back to us, wings spread and standing on her hind legs. Everybody cheers and we make it across the bridge. Knowing my shouts, I check my neck, and thankfully see that it's tender once again

"Good job, Rainbow!" Twilight says.

"See? I never leave my friends hanging!" Rainbow exclaims, flying ahead. We walk inside the doors, entering the weathered, old, overgrown building.

"Come on, Twilight. Isn't this what you've been waitin' fer?" Applejack asks.

"The Elements of Harmony! We found them!" Twilight proclaims, observing the statue that holds five orbs. Rainbow and Flutershy fly up there, each carrying a different orb.

"One, two, three, four... there's only five," a befuddled Pinkie states.

"Where's the sixth?" Rainbow asks,

"The book said, when the five are present, a spark will cause the sixth element to appear," I say.

"And what in the hay is that supposed to mean?" Applejack asks.

"I'm not sure, but I have an idea," Twilight says as she walks in the middle of the circle created by the elements. "Stand back. I don't know what will happen." Her horn glows with the faint purple aura that's used by her.

"Come on now, ya'll. She needs to concentrate." Applejack says, everypony else following her. I decide to stay behind, you know, to protect Twilight. I bring out my sword, ready to fight Nightmare. I hear that magical sound the mist makes and look to my left. Nothing. I hear Twilight grunting, trying to do something with the Elements. I look at said objects and notice something strange. The mist is swirling around the Elements so quickly they're being lifted in the air! Twilight notices this and yelps in fear, horn no longer glowing.

"Twilight!" I hear a unison shout.I turn my attention towards the bluish tornado. Is it me, or is it getting smaller?

"The Elements!" Twilight shouts, jumping in the tornado. Having no choice I jump in with her, the other ponies a tad too late. The tornado quickly shrinks, leaving nothing there anymore.

Do you know what it's like to teleport? Not very fun. In fact, it hurts probably worse that a migraine. Although if you do it a lot, it probably doesn't hurt as much. So newbies, try not to teleport too much, okay?

I sit up, holding my head while trying to stop the pain, eyes shut tight. I hear Twilight cough a couple of times before gasping. I open them to find Nightmare Moon standing on some sort of raised part of the floor, laughing evilly. Twilight gives a huff and starts pawing at the ground getting ready to charge. Seizing the opportunity, I grab my sword and get in a fighting stance.

"You're kidding. You're kidding, right?" Nightmare asks in a serious, unamused tone. Twilight charges forwards, horn glowing. Nightmare does the same thing, horn not glowing. As soon as they're about to crash together, Twilight disappears with a flash. Nightmare Moon stops in her tracks and looks around, confused. I take the opportunity to prepare myself. The usual, please.

"Liz... Slen NUS!"

An icy storm envelops Nightmare, freezing her and making her fall over and stay in the position she was in while standing. Another pink flash appears, dropping Twilight next to the Elements. She rubs her head, obviously not a master in teleporting.

"Ugh. Just one spark. Come on, come on!" The five orbs are covered in the same glow as her horn. I hear a cracking behind me and see Nightmare breaking out of her frozen prison. I step back, hardly remembering what happens next. Nightmare escapes being frozen, then turns a purple tornado/mist creation and flies in front of Twilight, who is still trying to do something.

The orbs create a weird blast, knocking the unicorn next to my feet. She gets up to see the orbs glowing, sparks arcing between each other.

"No! No!" Nightmare shouts in fear. I can tell Twilight feels good about it. The glowing continues for a few more seconds, then suddenly stop.

Twilight gasps, "But, where's the sixth element?!" Nightmare gives an evil laugh, rearing up and stonping the ground around the orbs. The all burst into a bunch of fragments, littering the ground. Twilight stares in disbelief as they fall.

"You little foal. Did you think you can defeat me?! Now you will never see your Princess, or you sun. The night will last forever!" Nightmare shouted, mane swirling around to create a storm over her head.

"Hey! What about me?" I shout. "What are you gonna do about me?"

"Please, you are merely but a hole in my path," she says, still laughing evilly.

"Bitch please. Not when I know everything," I say, giving the meme face. I check my neck, which is once again, no longer tough. You know the routine.

"And what is that supposed to me-"

"Fo... Krah DIIN!"

I stream of frost shoots from my face. You think it's weird saying that? Try seeing it. The frost hit her entire body, no doubt chilling her to the bone. Once the beam is gone, I look at Twilight, who has large pupils while staring at the stairs where the rest of the girls were ascending. Did I just see a sparkle in those eyes? She turns around to face Nightmare, who is still recovering from the sudden freezing.

"You think you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that? Well you''re wrong! Because the spirits of the Elements of Harmony are right HERE!" Twilight shouted, gesturing to her friends. The fragments start to glow different colors and start shaking around, some even floating.

"What?!" Nightmare shouted.

"Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of honesty!" A bunch of fragments that are glowing orange start flying around Applejack. "Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with her compasson, represents the spirit of kindness!" Many fragments that are glowing pink surround Fluttershy, who attempts once to try to get away, but fails. "Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of laughter!" Many crystals start surrounding Pinkie, who is pretty psyched about it. "Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift, represents the spirit of generosity!" Fragments, that pretty much have no color and only sparkles, surround Rarity, who is admiring them a lot. "And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire, represents the spirit of loyalty!" Fragments that glow red surround Rainbow. "The spirits of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us!"

"You still don't have the sixth element! The spark didn't work!" Nightmare shouts frantically.

"It did. A different kind of spark." Twilight turned around to her friends. "I felt it the moment I realized how happy I was to hear you! To see you! How much I cared about you! The spark ignited inside me. What I realized is that you are all-" she turned back to Nightmare. Where's my popcorn?! "-My friends!"

Another orb appeared right in the sky, started glowing, and was gently floating down towards Twilight. Oh, here's my popcorn. Munch munch. Hmm, needs butter.

"You see Nightmare Moon," Twilight spoke up, "when those elements are ignited by, uh, the spark, that resides in the heart of us all, it creates the sixth element. The element of magic!" The same orb started glowing again, causing the fragment to make amulets for everyone, and a tiara for Twilight. Still glowing brightly, a double helix of a rainbow shot out into the sky, and then coming back, towards Nightmare.

"NO!" she shouted, trying to get away, but I caught up to her and held her down as the rainbow cannon shot us both. Remember when I said that traveling through space like I did a few days ago hurt a lot? Well, imagine that, except with the sounds of laughter, happiness, and memories flashing through your mind. So yeah, I'm guessing it was like death. 'See ya,' my brain said as a tear slid down my cheek.

-------------------------

"Everypony okay?" a voice says.

"I am. Wait where's Christian?!" another voice says.

"I don't know? Wait what's the over there?" yet another voice says.

"Help me move this," the second voice says.

The sound of stone rubbing stone rouses me from unconsciousness. I slowly open my eyes to find they open a little more than usual. Oh great, did I lose the Asian part of me? I sure hope I can still Gangnam Style. A small ray of light enters the tomb I seem to be trapped in. As the light grows larger, my senses regain themselves. First hearing, then sight, taste, which my mouth tastes horrible right now, touch, and finally, smell, which seems to have gotten better somehow.

Before me stand a confused Applejack, a surprised and slightly scared Twilight, and Rainbow that has a certain "hungry" look. Creeped out, I turn my attention to the other two.

"What?" I manage. "Am I dead?" I see my red hair in the way of my sight, so I shake it away. Wait, red hair?

"No, it's just that, um yer a... how can say this?" Applejack asks herself

"Pony?" Twilight finishes for her.

"Y-yeah. Yer now a pony... ah guess. Well more of a pegasus," Applejack says while rubbing the back of her head. "You okay there? You're starting ta act like Pinkie."

Am I okay? AM I OKAY?! I'm a freaking pony! Of course I'm not okay. This is the best day of my life! I attempt to get up, only to fall back down. Repeat process about 8 times, and you'll get to how I'm feeling. I finally realize what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to stand using two legs! Now I understand why I was being laughed at. You're not Lyra, so stop that, brain! Gathering my breath, I attempt to stand on four legs, which lasts a little longer, before I collapse. I decide to end training session there and ask a question.

"Do my eyes still work?" I ask Twilight. I blur my vision again, but not for too long, and watch Twilight. With a nod, I continue to lay in spread eagle formation. They continue the conversation as I check my new body. So, like I said before, red mane, and pretty large wings. I'm going to need big wings to carry my fat body around. I check my hooves to see my fur color, which is a charcoal gray color. Not black, but not gray, so still pretty dark. Wait a second... buck! I'm a Gary Stu!

"Noooo..." I say, trailing off at the end. this seems to have disrupted the conversation because they stop talking. "Sorry. Continue."

"Anyways," Applejack says, "I reckon we do represent the elements of friendship."

"Indeed, you do," says a mysterious voice. Everyone looks out the window to see what must've been the sunrise in a long while. A bright orb of light passes through the window, slowly descending onto the floor. A majestic angel choir sings with the Aaaaahhhhhh. Wait, never mind, that was me. A tall white unicorn/pegasus exits the light that entered the building. Everyone bows so I attempt to do the same, only to end up with my flank in the air and chin on the ground. I find it comfortable, so I stay like it. Okay, now to see if she really is Celestia. Let's see... coat is completely white, so not Trollestia, and her mane is more than one color, so she is not Molestia.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight says as she walks up to the royal alicorn.

"Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student. I knew you could do it." Celestia said as she nuzzled Twilight. Quick come up with a pony name.

"But you told me it was all an old pony tale."

"I told you that you need to make some friends. Nothing more.I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon's return, and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her. But you could not unleash until you let true friendship into your heart." Twilight looked back at her friends and smile before Celestia spoke again.

"Now if only another will as well. Princess Luna!" Celestia said. looking down upon the figure of the dark blue alicorn, who was asleep until her name was called.

"Huh?!" she gasped looking around.

"It has been a thousand years since I have seen you like this. Time to put our differences behind us," she told her younger sister as she lowered herself closer to her sister. "We're meant to rule together, little sister."

"Sister?" Twilight asks.

"Did I forget to tell you that? Sorry," I say, which causes everyone to look at me.

"And who might you be?" Celestia asks. She already forgot? A bit rude.

"Night Stalker," I say, using my OC's name, since, well I am my own OC. I wave a hoof to tell her to continue, which earns me a glare from Twilight.

"Anyways, will you accept my friendship?" Celestia asks. I feel the tension increase, I gets so thick, it can be cut with a spoon.

"Whoa!" Or it can be cut by Pinkie falling over.

Luna looks down for a few seconds, then jumps up to nuzzle her sister, crying. "I'm so sorry! I missed you so much, big sister," she says, floodgates opening.

"I missed you too," Celestia said, other floodgates opening. The sound of someone blowing into a tissue broke the silence. It seems Pinkie has larger floodgates.

"Hey!" Pinkie said, all tears and sadness gone. "You know what this calls for? A party!" she shouted, throwing her hooves into the air.

"Later, Pinkamena," Celestia said, "For now, I want to have a talk with Night over here." Realizing I was the subject of speech, I struggled to stand up. It seems that under pressure, I stand up better. Funny. "Follow me." I oblige, knowing this was the normal Celestia. We start walking down the steps leading to the previous room.

"Yes Princess?" I ask.

"Tell me who you really are."

"I thought you would know that?"

"Yes it seems that way, and by the way actions have gone, I'm sure I made the right choice."

"Yes, and I'm glad they went well."

"This also means I'll be referring to you as the Mustang now."

"The what now?" By now I've stopped walking, staring at her.

"The Mustang is a legendary warrior who uses power like the ones you showed and will be the strongest protector of all of Equestria."

"What?! I mean-Whoa, that's just a lot of land to cover."

"Yes, and I'll make sure you'll be able to protect it all."

"But how? I'm still a pony, I have wings I don't know how to use, and I'm confused on how to pick things up without magic," I look down at my hooves and sighed. "I feel like I'm useless."

"Not for long," Celestia said as a faint yellow glowing brightened the room.

"What are you talking abou-" I was cut off by Celestia's horn touching my forehead. I warm feeling passed through me, not at all like the colorful explosion. After a few minutes, my body cooled down, finally. Don't get me wrong, it feels good to have that warmth pass through you, but like I said, I prefer cooler weather.

"There, now you have the ability to transform back to your original form. While in your original form, You may study spells with my student, but as a pegasus, you must learn how to fight."

So I can learn magic? Awesome! I give a mock salute, "Yes, Princess Celestia."

"Please, call me Celestia."

"Yes Ma'am."

"Let's head back to the rest of the group, shall we?" I give a nod and we start heading back to the girls.

"There you are!" Pinkie says. "Come on. We need to head back to Ponyville and through a huge, gigantic, super-duper awesome party!"

"Yes, let's go. Onwards!" I shout heroically. "Wait, let me get my sword." I find it under one of the smaller pillars. Must've been blown back by explosion. "Now let's go."

We make it back to Ponyville, and man, was that some party.