• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 1,742 Views, 371 Comments

Dazzling Bladers - Joshua the Dragonslayer

  • ...
9
 371
 1,742

PreviousChapters Next
5. Taking On A Crush!

Author's Note:

Bet you didn't expect 4 chapters in the same day, huh?! I've made you wait for too long and for that I plan on making as many chapter as I can before school starts up.

The Dazzling's next stop was the infamous Valex and his brother Venus! The Dazzlings were currently already at their house in the backyard and ever since getting there Adagio kept on looking at Venus, he looked over towards Adagio and waved his hand, and Adagio slowly waved her hand back at him.

"Get in the game Adagio. We aren't here to see your boyfriend, we're here to battle against these guys." Aria said, pushing Adagio out of her daydream.

"Someone is upset that they haven't gotten to see Bael in quite some time." Adagio fired back.

"Why you little-" Aria was about to fire back at Adagio but Valex cut her off and started talking.

"So which one of you guys will face off with us first? My Bey is Sword Valtryek, it's a Right-spinning Attack Type while my brother Bey, Cosmic Valtryek is a Right-spinning Stamina Type." Venus showed off his Bey to the Dazzlings with a smile. Valex looked over at his brother and then back at the Dazzlings. "This'll be a Tag Battle, we heard from Derek and Dean that you guys are pretty good at Tag Battles, let's see how you can hold up against us."

Adagio nodded as she and her sisters got into a group huddle. "Ok girls, I think Sonata should go up since... well... she hasn't really had any real action since Frizzle's and for our other lineup...?" Adagio then stopped when she realized both Aria and Sonata were looking at her with a smile. "Why are you two looking at me like that?"

"You're going up silly." Sonata said, pushing Adagio towards the stadium.

"Yeah, go battle against your boyfriend." Aria said, pushing Adagio as well.

Adagio blushed. "He's not my boyfriend! And stop pushing me!"

"So, it's Sonata and Adagio, that's a good team. But we'll come out victorious in the end!" Venus said with a smirk as he looked at Adagio and Sonata.

Unbeknownst to Valex or Venus, Adagio had equipped Achilles with its Sword. 'Sword Valtryek against Achilles and it's all mighty sword. This should help boost our attack power, giving us just the edge over the two of them.'

Aria got in position as the referee. "Bladers get ready and set!"

"Three! Two! One! Let it Rip!" With that, all four beys land on the stadium.

Union Achilles and Cosmic Valtryek fight out in the middle while Sword Valtryek and Turbo Spryzen keep each other in check rushing around the stadium. Sonata looked over at Achilles in surprise.

'So that's what her Bey looks like with its sword activated. But yet why did she take the safe route and take to the center instead of attacking right off the bat?'

Valex looks at his brother and his brother understands and nods. Cosmic Valtryek gets out of the head-on collision with Achilles, making Achilles take the middle, while Cosmic Valtryek headed towards Spryzen.

"Now Valtryek! Use Rush Launch on Achilles!" Valex yelled.

Valtryek started hitting Achilles with a barrage of strikes, not letting loose for a second. While on the mean hand, Cosmic Valtryek started pushing Spryzen back. "This the end of you Sonata!" Venus said as he watched Spryzen being pushed back.

"Spryzen get out of there!" Sonata shouted. As Spryzen was being pushed back all of a sudden, Spryzen's tip gained traction from the stadium and hit Cosmic Valtryek, sending it flying across the stadium.

"What was that? Some kind of new special move you kept in your pocket!?" Venus asked surprised by the sudden change in the Battle.

"Of course! I'm a girl of secrets." Sonata boasted.

'She has no idea what she just did.' Aria and Adagio both thought.

'I have no clue what I just did but it was amazing! I need to think of a name for it. Adagio and Aria can have some flashy special move so, so can I!' Sonata thought.

Sword Valtryek changes its course from Achilles to Spryzen. "Valtryek hit it with your Wing Whip!" Valex cried out.

"Spryzen use Counter Break!" Sonata smiled. 'Now that is what I call a catchy name!'

Valtryek and Spryzen both get sent flying. Valtryek burst while Spryzen hit the edge of the stadium making all of its stamina disappear.

Venus smirked as he saw Spryzen's predicament. "Don't let Spryzen escape! Now Comical Star!"

Now Sonata was worried, but she wasn't going down that easily. "Once again use Counter Break, Spryzen!" Cosmic Valtryek and Spryzen crash into one another. But since Spryzen was out of juice it burst due to the attack.

"Both Sword Valtryek and Turbo Spryzen are out. It's just Adagio and Venus whose Beys still remain in the stadium." Aria announced.

"Sorry, Adagio. This is my win." Venus said as he smiled at Adagio.

Adagio's cheeks turned pink. "I-I'm not losing to you! Go Achilles! Hit Valtryek with a Unison Launch."

'Spryzen attack from earlier must have done something, now then time to hit Valtryek with a little attack of our own.' Achilles hits Valtryek causing it to crash into the wall but it bounced back claiming the middle for its own. 'We can't let it beat us, Achilles has a Sword and a Shield and I plan to win with both!'

"Well quit going on the defense and attack with my sword." A voice said.

'That voice who was that?' Adagio looked around but didn't see anyone, but she then got an idea. 'A sword... that's it!'

Adagio smirked. "Achilles ramp into Valtryek with Unison Sword!"

Venus smirked back. "We won't back down, Valtryek hit it with Comical Star!"

Both beys collide with each other. Due to the collision, an explosion happens making smoke appear. Nobody could see what had happened but they heard a Bey burst. When the smoke cleared, they saw Cosmic Valtryek in pieces while Union Achilles finally ran out of power and came to a stop. Once it stopped however it too, burst into pieces.

"Since Cosmic Valtryek was the first one to Burst, Adagio and Sonata are the winners of this Tag Battle!" Aria said. "You guys were awesome! How did you guys learn those special moves all of a sudden?"

"I knew it all along, I was just keeping it a secret for the right time, and that time happened to be today." Sonata said, lying.

'You know we don't believe you for a second right?' Aria and Adagio thought.

'I hope they both fell for that. I can't have them knowing I just made it up, they would just make fun of me, especially Aria.'

"My move just came to me. It was like a voice told me to attack and quit defending all of the time." Adagio said. "And it's a good thing it did, because if it didn't that could have cost us the match."

"That was a great match you two, it's a shame we lost." Valex said walking up to the Dazzlings.

"Glory is reserved for those who want it the most, so we wanted it more than you guys." Sonata said smiling.

Valex looked at Sonata confused but decided to let it go. "I'm not sure that's how it works but sure. Let's just say that's what happened. So, who are you guys going to challenge next? Bael? Athena? Leon?"

"What about Phoebe? I heard that she's been rising up the ranks." Venus proclaimed.

Sonata tilted her head. "Ranks? What are those?"

"There's a legend going around saying that people with an A tier rank will be permitted into upcoming tournaments later this year." Venus told the Dazzlings.

"What's our rank?" The Dazzlings asked.

Venus quickly did some research and... "You're in the same tier as me and Valex, B tier. But don't worry tournaments won't start happening for a while so you got plenty of time."

"Does anyone have an A-tier rank yet?" Adagio asked Venus.

Venus once again does some research and... "Leon and a girl named Gabby are the only ones eligible to participate in any tournament thus far."

"Girls, we have a new mission! Challenge Phoebe and become A-tier ranked Bladers to enter upcoming tournaments in the future. What do you guys say?"

"Yeah!" Everyone yelled.

With that the Dazzlings trained with Valex and Venus for the rest of the day. With a new goal in their mind, they were going to challenge Phoebe and they were going to become A-tier bladers one day!

Preview: Going to Phoebe to challenge her next, the Dazzlings learn a secret about Phoebe and her life. A secret that none of them could've possibly guessed. After learning her little secret they challenge Phoebe and engage in Battle with her and her Bey! Will the Dazzlings be able to win? Or will they lose? Find out!

Next Time on Dazzling Bladers! Flying High! Harmony Pegasus!

PreviousChapters Next