• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 1,715 Views, 371 Comments

Dazzling Bladers - Joshua the Dragonslayer

  • ...
9
 371
 1,715

PreviousChapters Next
22. A Brother's Revenge! Dean's Counterattack!

The day had started off like any other for the Dazzlings until they got to the venue of the tournament. When the action started, the Dazzlings made their way to the viewing stands and watched the first match starts things off.

"Alright! Ladies and gentlemen! I hope you're just as excited as me for this match to begin! Starting things off today is the girl full of tricks, Frizzle, and her Bey Wizard Fafnir. Her opponent is a girl known as a prodigy it's Athena and her Bey Bushin Ashindra. Both Bladers have a 0-4 score, so whoever wins this will get their first point while the other will sadly get a 0-5." The announcer said.

Both Bladers get to the stadium and look at each other. Both knew just how important this battle was going to be for them. Neither said anything and both got ready for their Battle.

"Bladers! Get ready and set!" The referee yelled.

"Three! Two! One! Let it Rip!" Everyone yelled.

Both Beys take to the stadium and Fafnir and Ashindra both head to the center. Both Bladers let out a battle cry as their Beys collide in the center.

Meanwhile, Sonata was in her room talking with Arctic once again. Sonata's match against Valex wasn't going to be a walk in the park. If Sonata wanted to go to the Finals she was going to have to beat Valex. Arctic however knew Sonata could beat him just as long as she had a plan.

"Sonata. I want you to put Spryzen in Defense Mode. Valtryek has more raw power than Spryzen, and putting Spryzen in Stamina Mode would put you at the Type disadvantage. So putting Spryzen in Defense Mode would be your best decision." Arctic said.

"But I haven't mastered Defense Mode. I think it would be better if I went with Attack or Stamina, you know, modes I have mastered. I'm not saying your plan won't work but I just think it would be smart if I went with a mode I felt confident in using." Sonata said, but then she saw Arctic giving her a look.

"If you lose to Valex your chances at going to the Semi-Finals are over. You have to go with Defense mode, so please Sonata just goes with Defense Mode. If things don't turn out well then you can change back in Attack or Stamina. But you never know. Maybe your bond with Spryzen could help with mastering Defense Mode mid-battle." Arctic said with a smile.

Sonata looks down at Spryzen and Spryzen shines red. "Alright, I'll do it!"

"It's over with a Ring-Out Finish! Fafnir broke through Ashindra's defense and has led to a 2-1 victory for Frizzle!" The referee declared.

"Guess, I should be heading off now." Sonata stood up and walked out of the room.

While she was walking to the stadium she heard Arctic's voice. "Good luck Sonata! I know you can do it!"

"It's time for the Second Match for Group A. We have Sonata going up against Valex. This match could hold the fate for Sonata if she wins or loses. We're going to have to find out if Sonata's winning streak will keep up or if Valex can stop her in her tracks."

Both Bladers got into position. "Bladers! Get ready and set!"

"Three! Two! One! Let it Rip!" Everyone yelled.

Both Spryzen and Valtryek crash into the stadium. Sonata had listened to Arctic's advice and put Spryzen in Defense Mode. She would admit that when launching Spryzen it felt weird but it was nothing she couldn't handle. Spryzen takes the center stage while Valtryek rushes around the stadium waiting for the right time to strike.

"Now Valtryek! Start things off with a Rush Launch!" Valex yelled.

Valtryek pulls off a 360 attack on Spryzen while all Spryzen could do was take the attacks. Sonata was worried if Spryzen could handle it or not but Spryzen seemed to be holding its ground. Valtryek kept pummeling Spryzen with a volley of blows that Spryzen was starting to feel the damage.

"Spryzen is starting to wobble, will Spryzen be able to keep it up? Or will Valtryek's attacks be too hard to handle for Spryzen!?" The announcer yelled.

"Spryzen! Let's turn this around with Counter Break!" Sonata countered.

Spryzen hits Valtryek sending it flying the other way it came. Valtryek climbs the upper deck and speeds up, it then rushes down towards Spryzen.

Valex smirked. "Valtryek! Send it out of here with Wing Whip!!"

Valtryek slams into Spryzen and Spryzen goes flying into the air. Spryzen hits the floor outside of the stadium and Sonata gasp in surprise.

"Sword Valtryek with a Ring-Out Finish! The score is 1-0, and Valex is in the lead." The referee declared. The crowd cheers as Sonata picks up her Bey.

She looks down at Spryzen in worry. 'Even though Arctic told me to put you in Defense Mode I should have done what I wanted to do. That's my fault... I'm sorry Spryzen. But for now on it's nothing more than you and me.' Sonata then looked up at Valex. "Valex! Get ready cause I'm coming at you with all I got! Me and Spryzen are going to defeat you and Valtryek with a Burst Finish! Get ready with the greatest comeback of a lifetime!"

Valex smirked. "Let's see if your Bey can do as much as your mouth."

Both Bladers got into position. "Bladers! Get ready and set!"

"Three! Two! One! Let it Rip!" Everyone yelled.

Valtryek and Spryzen take to the stadium and both start off attacking one another. Spryzen in Right spin Attack Mode with the Turbo Awakening was able to land some devastating blows to Valtryek. Valtryek not backing down was unleashing a barrage of strikes on Spryzen. Neither Bey was backing down and both were going at each other like two bulls.

"Valtryek! Knock Spryzen out of there with Rush Launch!!" Valex yelled.

"Spryzen! Counterattack with Turbo Upper Launch!!" Sonata yelled.

Valtryek and Spryzen clash and crash with each other. Both Beys collided and both went flying. Both Valtryek and Spryzen take to the upper deck and speed up. A small golden tint was fading off of Spryzen and Spryzen started speeding up and was heading towards Valtryek.

"Now end this thing! Turbo Spryzen Whip!!" Sonata yelled.

"Valtryek! Use Wing Whip!!" Valex countered.

Valtryek and Spryzen collide and both Beys go sent flying. Valtryek burst in the air as Spryzen hits the stadium wall and lands back into the stadium. The crowd was silent but then roared to life.

"Turbo Spryzen with a Burst finish! The score is 2-1, Sonata is the winner!!" The referee declared.

"With her victory Sonata might have just won herself away into the Semi-Finals. However, we still have one more match to get to that will decide if Sonata will make it to the Semi-Finals or not." The announcer said as Dean and Gabby arrived at the stadium. Their both silent but Dean is giving Gabby a death stare.

"You were the reason my brother had to drop out of the tournament! Your destroyed Dragon into tiny pieces and just laughed it off like it was nothing! I'm going to make you pay for what you did to him and his Bey!" Dean yelled.

"His Bey would have never been destroyed if he hadn't been so keen on battling. Your brother is to blame for his Bey's demise, and because of it, Sonata took his spot in the tournament. If he wasn't so weak his Bey wouldn't be in pieces." Gabby said calmly.

Dean growled. "How would you like it if your Bey was destroyed? If Genesis was shattered into so many pieces it could never recover? Bet you would feel like you just lost a part of yourself. I'll shatter your Bey and your confidence! You won't be able to blade without a Bey so you'll have to forfeit your spot in the Semi-Finals! How would you like all of that Gabby!"

Gabby then looks at Dean and her eye lights up. "You... beat me? Get real! It'll take a zillion years until you might be able to get to a fraction of my strength! The only Bey that will be shattered in this battle will be yours!!"

The two Bladers got into position. "Bladers! Get ready and set!!"

"Three! Two! One! Let it Rip!!" Everyone yelled.

Genesis and Devolos take to the stadium and both Bey's head toward the center. However, instead of making contact as everyone thought, Dean had a different plan in his mind.

"Go! Shining Launch!" Dean yelled.

The two Beys barely miss making contact. Devolos go past the center while Genesis happily claims the center while no worries. Gabby looks up at Dean, she didn't see any potential in Dean or his Bey.

Dean smiled. "That's it!" Devolos climbs up the upper deck and collides with the stadium wall. Devolos goes flying into the air! "Now Dual Phantom!!"

Devolos and its clone split apart, and land back in the stadium.

"Devolos waste no time going in with its clone attack!" The announcer said looking at the Battle.

The clone then starts to throw a volley of strikes at Genesis.

Gabby looks at Dean and just smiles. "I was wondering what you had up your sleeve."

'I'll have to start by dealing some heavy damage to Genesis.' Dean thought.

Gabby smirked. "Attacks like those are useless against my Genesis!!"

The clone then hits Genesis making the middle turn bright red. Genesis is sent out of the center and in a collision course with Devolos.

The announcer smiled. "And here we go! Genesis has lured Devolos into attacking range."

But the weird thing is that Devolos and Genesis evade each other once again.

"Alright! Dean dodged the attack!" Sonata said smiling.

"Think again." Aria said as she looked at the Battle.

"Genesis didn't go in for the attack on purpose. But why though?" Adagio asked as she looked at the Battle.

Dean smiles, "I know what its weakness is." Genesis comes towards Devolos with its sword out to strike. "Seize your moment and aim for it! Now Devolos!" Devolos speeds up and heads toward its clone. "Now! Clone Cannon!" The clone goes flying and makes contact with Genesis's sword. "Shatter that sword!" The clone continues to make contact with Genesis while Devolos came in with a final blow! "I'm risking everything for this moment! Clone Impact!"

The sound of something breaking could be heard from around the room. Everyone looks to see not a Bey to be broken but Devolos's clone being split in half from the attack.

"Pop goes the Bey! Devolos clone is out of commission! Royal Genesis remains untouched!" The announcer yelled.

Devolos still continues to race around the stadium while Genesis started to light up.

Dean growls, "It can't be!"

"That's right." Dean looks up to see Gabby talking. "What your feeble mind believed to be our weakness was actually Royal Genesis's greatest weapon, Genesis!" Genesis goes into Superior-Flux and uses the slope of the stadium to speed up and head toward Devolos. "And now the darkness shall engulf the light! Hybrid Force!!"

Genesis speeds up even more and crashes into Devolos. Devolos and Genesis have a head-on collision. Just then an explosion happened and the sound of something breaking could be heard.

In the Beyblade Avatar world, Genesis had just cut a hole through Devolos heart. In real life, Devolos had been shattered into tiny fragments that could never be repaired. The Dazzlings gasp as Dean falls to his knees in pain from his Bey breaking.

"Royal Genesis with a Burst Finish! That's a score of 2-0! Gabby is the winner of the match!" The referee declared.

The crowd slowly cheers for Gabby. They were still surprised about Gabby breaking Dean's Bey in front of thousands of people.

"With Gabby winning the match and Dean losing, Sonata has now officially proven herself as the other person in Group A to take a spot in the Semi-Finals!! Now there is only one spot left in Group B, who will take it?" The announcer spoke.

Even though the crowd was cheering for Sonata to move onto the Semis, Sonata didn't feel happy making it. Seeing Dean sadly leave the stadium with a broken Bey made her sad. And it was all Gabby's fault that Dean's Bey was broken.

Sonata looked down at Spryzen. 'When we battle Gabby again we'll beat her for sure!'

Preview: Group B's, fifth-round matches begin. Phoebe and Joy go head to head, and Adagio and Bael get to duel it out. Things get real when Aria and Leon showdown in an Attack vs Attack showdown. With Apocalypse in control, the Battle is more chaotic than ever. Will Leon be able to beat the Apocalypse possessed Aria or will Apocalypse prove to be too much for even Leon's power?

Next Time on Dazzling Bladers! Advancing To The Semi-Finals!

PreviousChapters Next