• Published 1st May 2021
  • 296 Views, 5 Comments

Day At The Carnival - Lady Brony



A day with your dad should be fun, right but if it's not?

  • ...
 5
 296

Part 1

“Forte, it’s time to go.” A motherly voice called from downstairs. Sighing, the ivory colt put down his “Daring Doo And The Jeweled Hearts” book he was reading on the nightstand. How he was dreading this. Of course, he got interrupted at the best part when Daring Doo found one of the five Gem Keys to unlock the Diamond Dungeon in the Crystal Temple. He went downstairs. He would return hopefully soon.

“Forte, are you ready to go to the carnival with Dad for the whole day?” The orange mare asked the colt. “It’ll be a lot of fun.” Forte Doice nodded at his mother.

They were waiting by the front door for his father to take them to the annual “Country Town Carnival” held near “Sweet Apple Acres”. On normal certainty, both parents would take their son to the fair; however, Applejack thought it would be for the best if she stayed behind with the apple buck season approaching sooner than expected. Besides, Forte was started to turn into a huge mama’s boy. Never leaving her side in the fields all his spending time with his father won’t kill him.

“Why can’t you just take me instead?” Forte complained. “He’s just going to lose me again.”

Applejack sighed. He’s right; unfortunately, her husband, Caramel, had a long history of forgetting things or losing them, like Forte, for example. Oh boy, she let him have it that day when Rainbow Dash brought him from the market because Caramel trotted off without Forte his back for two seconds. Before he went missing.

“I know, I have a lot of do apple-bucking to do with your uncle Mac. Maybe we can do something another time”. Applejack said.

Forte sighed. "Fine”. Made his frustration clear as day.


Applejack ignored that “Okay then, I’ll see you later by dinner time.”. Applejack said. “Caramel, are you done yet? By your ready, the carnival will be over,” She called throughout the house.

“YEAH. I'm coming,” Caramel said as he comes down the stairs. The cream-colored stallion said. He stepped from the last stair to join the rest of the family. “Forte, you ready to go now”?

Forte let out another sighed. “Fine”.

“Remember, Sugar-cube,” Applejack turned to look at Caramel. “Keep your eye on him at all times and don’t let him out of your sight.” She poked her hoof in his chest at the last part, “The carnival is bigger than last year’s, so that means more ponies will be there, it will be busier. I don’t want a repeat of the market”. Applejack glared. “Don’t take a step without Forte”.

“AJ. I can take care of our son and besides Forte, was the one who ran off”, Caramel retorted.

“Caramel, He was only a foal then and you left him in his stroller when you trotted off”, Applejack stared him down. “Thank goodness, Rainbow Dash, found him before some weirdo did and stole him away”.

“Oh, I forget about that part”. Caramel admitted. “I promise nothing bad is going to happen this time and we’re going to have fun, Forte, come on, we should go now”. Caramel started for the door. “I’ll see you later, AJ, tell Big Mac, I said hi”. With the, it t Caramel and Forte made there to the long-awaited carnival in the town’s center. ]

***

The streets were crowded as ponies ate cotton candy or veggie dogs and drank beverages such as soda or chocolate milk. Caramel headed to queue up for tickets while Forte walked around absorbing his new surroundings. His dad said that it was okay as long as stayed close. Forte wasn’t a baby after all,

Caramel knew he was a good dad and would never intentionally forgot his only son. Applejack left out some details about the market. Yes, he did leave his infant son in a stroller unattended, not denying that but he was a new dad, new to the whole parenting thing. He barely had any rest with all the diaper changes and late-night feedings. Also,o he still had to keep the Maintenance up of the farm. Also adding to the difficulty of the situation, Applejack had a complicated birth and was put on bed rest. With doctor’s orders, she cannot work until she was completely recovered.

Big Mac and Fluttershy had just married and to move into the cottage. Mac had his own home to worry about. Apple Bloom went to college a week before Forte was born. Granny Smith had passed away years prior. Caramel was Overwhelmed with everything around him. Everyone had their problems to deal with and couldn’t burden the others.

He was on his own.

***
“Dad, dad”. Forte called out, shaking his leg to gain his attention. “We’re at the front of the line and the Cashel has been for a while”.

“Oh, okay, I must have zoned out or something”. Caramel regains his concentration. He saw very impatient-looking ponies as he held up the line. Caramel walked to the teenage filly at cash. She blew huge bubblegum into a bubble.

“How many tickets?” She asked, bored. She began forming another bubble. “Kids are free under the age of two”

Caramel recognized the filly, her light pink curly mane, and butter yellow coat. “That’s Pinkie Pie and Grilled Cheese’s girl. I forgot her name. What was it again? I thought it had something to do with flowers. She grew up, I remember when she was born. She was pretty cute”. Caramel thought.

“Hey, Forte, what’s up?” The filly greeted.

“Hi-i D-daisy”. Forte greeted back with the smallest shutter. Just going to the fair. I guess”. He sounded casual and couldn’t care less. Though his cheeks went slightly pink, he seemed to be trying to play it off cool.

_One adult and one foal”. Caramel said “Please”.

“Fun. I suggest the cotton candy balls”. Daisy seemed to ignore Caramel as she recommended. They're deep-fried cotton candy that is formed into balls. It’s pretty good”.She typed a few keys on the register before giving one red for adults and a yellow ticket for foals to Caramel.

“Enjoy your time at the carnival” Daisy called out as Caramel and Forte walked through the turnstiles to enter the fair.

Author's Note:

Long time no talk. Haven't written a story in a while so I'm a little rusty. I hope this was OK and you enjoyed it. Always happy to hear feedback from you all,

I would like to apologize if there are any grammar issues. I have dyslexia and another learning disability. I know that's a bit of a lame excuse but it's true if you see any grammar or spelling issues could you let me know and I'll fix them

Thanks

Comments ( 5 )

>>forte dolce means Strong candy in french

She's a perfect opportunity for father and to bond

I think your missing son in the long description.

10798848
Fix it thanks I totally missed that

10798861
It happens to the best of us. NP.
Look forward to giving this a read tomorrow.

Login or register to comment