• Published 28th Apr 2021
  • 3,265 Views, 103 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendships are Magic - professor space n time



A fan rewrite of the series . Including my own OC and some additions to the lore.

  • ...
9
 103
 3,265

Chapter 3 (Friendship is Magic Part 1 and 2)

At that moment the light came on and the three of them could see dozens of ponies around them, there were party decorations everywhere "SURPRISE!" they all yelled at the same time.

Here we go again. . .Twilight thought as she growled.

"Surprise!" screamed the same pink mare they had seen in the street "Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie!, and I threw this party just for you! Were you surprised? Were ya? Were ya? Huh huh huh?".

"Very surprised. Libraries are supposed to be quiet." Twilight said.

"Well, that's silly! What kind of welcome party would this be if it were quiet? I mean, duh, bo-ring! Y'see-"

"How did you get in here? " Amara asked interrupting her "the door has two locks, I had them installed a few days before coming because when I checked the blueprints of this place I realized that no door had a lock"

"That's a secret silly filly!" she said with a smile.

"What's more, how did you know we would be staying here? We literally arrived today and said just like five words to you before you ran away" Amara asked her.

"Well, the mayor told me that I was in charge of receiving the supervisors of the celebration, I saw the three of you in the street alone and I did not know you and I know all the ponies here so that meant you were new and I always make a welcome party for the new ponies in town, so I went to ask the mayor if you were the supervisors and where you would stay and she told me that in the library but when I got there I realized it was closed so I got the locksmith to help me open the door and then I planned this super-duper special party for you!” Pinkie replied cheerfully.

Amara rolled her eyes "Well at least no one has touched my luggage, the alarm spells have not been activated, I appreciate that the mayor is concerned about us and I thank you for having tried so hard to give us a warm welcome"

Twilight just ignored her, rolled her eyes and started walking slowly towards a table with different bottles to pour a drink. Meanwhile Pinkie was jumping around herand talking to her in extreme detail about how she made the party, from how she got the confetti to how she lost a package of freshly baked cookies fighting 13 squirrels mounted on seagulls, Twilight approached the table, took a glass and began to pour the contents of a red bottle.

"Twilight. . ." Amara told her to get her attention, but she didn't pay attention to her “Twilight. . ." Still no response "Twilight. . ." no response "TWILIGHT!" She yelled at her.

"Uh? What?" she asked, coming out of her thoughts.

"That's a bottle of hot sauce" Amara said pointing to the bottle she had in her mouth.

"Oh!" Twilight put the bottle on the table, got another glass, poured herself some soda, and then went to her room.

"Why is there a bottle of hot sauce in here anyway?" Spike asked.

Pinkie took the bottle and covered a cupcake with hot sauce and then ate it, everyone except Amara looked at her confused and a little disgusted "What? It's good!"

Amara took the bottle and drank directly from it, emptying it, then she tasted it "Not bad" she said with a shrug.


Twilight was locked in her room "resting" on her bed, she covered her head with a pillow so she wouldn't have to listen to the music and the screams of the ponies at the party, then she looked at the clock, realizing what time it was she groaned and was about to lie down again when somepony opened the door.

"Twilight? Are you awake?" Amara asked in a low voice, then she saw her sitting on the bed “there you are!, Pinkie Pie's starting "pin the tail on the pony"! Wanna play?"

"No!" she answered "All the ponies in this town are crazy! Do you know what time it is?!"

'Says the mare who always goes crazy over insignificant things' Amara said to herself "It's the eve of the Summer Sun Celebration. Everypony has to stay up, or they'll miss mom raising the sun"

"I don't care!" Twilight answered furiously.

Amara walked with firm and noisy steps towards the bed "Now listen to me well, miss antisocial! Mom ordered you to make friends and that's what you are going to do!" Amara took the pillow off her head and threw it on the floor. "I don't care if you like it or not! Tartarus, Sparkle! Even Fluttershy is better at making friends than you! You're as reclusive as Moondancer!" You know what?! You're worse! At least she's trying to make friends!" She said with an annoyed and scolding tone, she was already sick of Twilight's attitude.

Twilight gasped. “Oh, no! I forgot to tell Moondancer I was leaving!” She jumped out of bed. “I need to catch the train back to Can-”

Amara quickly lifted Twilight with her magic and put her back on the bed "No, you don't! Don't you remember what I told you in the carriage? I already told her that we were leaving and also gave her your gift"

"Seriously?" Twilight asked him.

"You know, sometimes you can have a very good memory for certain things and a very bad one for others" she replied with a serious tone.

"I think you're right" Twilight replied with a sincere tone "I'm sorry I acted like that" then she turned to see the moon through the window and I notice the four bright stars around her "the truth is, I'm scared, I'm scared to be right, for the first time in my life I'm afraid of being right, I hope the Princess was right... I hope it really is just an old pony tale..."

Amara sat next to her, gave her a comforting pat on the back and they sat there in silence, then Amara looked at the clock "Look at the time! It’s almost time to watch the sunrise! We better go soon"

"What about your speech? You didn't practice it” Twilight told her.

"I was lying, there is no speech, you are not the only one who makes excuses so as not to talk to anypony, I need to be alone from time to time" she replied with a smile.

The three of them left, along with the party ponies in the library and went to the Town Hall. They were suprised of how quiet it was.

Then Pinkie showed up out of nowhere "Isn't this exciting? Are you excited, 'cause I'm excited, I've never been so excited- well, except for the time that I saw you walking into town and I went GASP! but I mean really, who can top that?"

As soon as she finished speaking, the birds began to sing commanded by Fluttershy who acted as an orchestra master, then the light from the large reflector focused on the stage where the mayor appeared "Fillies and gentlecolts" she announced "As mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!" all the ponies started cheering "In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year! And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land," in that moment the four stars around the moon fused and seemed to combine with the satellite "the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria..."

"Ready?" Fluttershy asked to her birds.

"...Princess Celestia!" announced the mayor. Then Rarity opened the curtain on the balcony, the spotlight focused on it, but there was no pony there.

"Huh?" said Rarity confused.

"This is not good" Amara said coldly.

"*Gulp* I agree" Twilight replied.

The crowd of ponies began to talk to each other chaotically. "Remain calm, everypony, there must be a reasonable explanation!" Said the mayor.

"Seems like mom's old friend is finally back. . ." Amara whispered mockingly to herself and nopony heard her.

"Ooh, ooh, I love guessing games! Is she hiding?" Said Pinkie jumping on her place.

"She's gone!" Announced Rarity. Everypony gasped.

"Ooh, she's good" Pinkie then yelped, then everypony gasped as they saw a kind of dark blue mist like the nightsky full of dots like stars materialized on the balcony where the princess should be.

"Oh no. . . " Twilight said while Amara looked in silence.

Suddenly the strange mist cleared revealing a dark alicorn, her mane seemed to be made of the same strange blue mist, she had a bluish silver armor, her light blue eyes with aquamarine irises and pupils similar to the ones of a dragon looked around, along with an evil smile that revealed only the tip of her fangs.

"Nightmare Moon!" Twilight and Amara yelled in unison.

"Oh, my beloved subjects." Nightmare Moon said looking around "It's been so long since I've seen your precious little sun-loving faces."

All the ponies were gaping and paralyzed with fear except Rainbow "What did you do with our princess?" she asked firmly and with fury in her gaze, she was about to fly at full speed towards her to hit her face when Applejack grabbed her tail with her mouth to keep her at bay. "Whoa there, Nelly..." AJ said between teeths.

Nightmare Moon just chuckled "Why, am I not royal enough for you?" she said playfully "Don't you know who I am?" she then asked furious and offended.

“Ooh! I love guessing games!” Pinkie said with glee “Um, Hokey Smokes! How about... Queen Meanie! No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty!” Then AJ shoved an apple through her mouth so to shut her up.

“I know who you are!” Amara finally said breaking her silence and void expression “You are the younger sister of Princess Celestia, the princess of the night, the almighty mistress of the night cloak of the sky, the Mare on the Moon. You are. . . Nightmare Moon!"

“Well well well,” said Nightmare Moon “Somepony who remembers me.”

"How could I forget you? Mom told me a lot about you, how powerful you were and how the conquest of Equestria would be just a foal game for you" Amara replied with a serious expression.

"Your mother sounds like a wise mare my dear subject, something very rare to find among these worthless pawns" said Nightmare Moon pointing to the crowd of ponies with disdain "Tell me her name and maybe I won't hurt her if I get to know her"

"Of course Princess Nightmare Moon, her name is Celestia" Amara said with a smile on her face.

Nightmare Moon was shocked for a moment, but her expression was replaced by fury, at the same time Amara chuckled "What?!" shouted Nightmare Moon, immediately Amara was surrounded by a light blue aura and lifted from the ground, Nightmare Moon pulled Amara towards her "You?!, Celestia's daughter?!"

"Princess Amara, at your service." Amara said mockingly, she could immediately feel an aura around her neck, it started getting tighter and tighter, but it was not enough to choke her.

"So my sister started a family, well, now that I have you it will be easier to keep her at bay, because if she tries to stop me I will personally take care of her little filly" Amara started to violently shake when she felt pressure on her wings "No, don't try to escape, I can break your neck with a simple movement, so relax, because I'm not letting you go. You say that my sister told you about me, right? Then you also know why I'm here."

“You're here to. . . to. . ." Amara couldn't finish speaking because she had to take a breath to keep from choking.

Nightmare Moon just chuckled "Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!" Then she began to laugh hysterically as the sky seemed to grow darker and the thunder filled the void with its terrifying roar.

At that moment Amara began to regurgitate and spat out a sticky green mass that fell directly into Nightmare Moon's eyes, "AIEEE!!" She shouted, immediately released Amara, who began to flap her wings and took flight, then Amara took a deep breath and with all the force that her lungs gave her, she expelled a huge flame, the fire surrounded the nightmarish figure, but immediately it went out and didn't hurt her "You’ll pay for that, you overgrown cockroach!"

"Seize her! Only she knows where the Princess is!" The mayor ordered the royal guards, the pegasi immediately took flight and surrounded Nightmare Moon, getting closer and closer.

Nightmare Moon tore the green mass from her face and glared at the guards "Stand back, you foals!" With a single attack the guards were thrown like stones towards the wall, Nightmare Moon transformed into the nightly mist and escaped from the town hall.

Rainbow Dash managed to free herself from Applejack's grip and flew at full speed chasing Nightmare Moon "Come back here!" she screamed, but the mist was faster, she stood there panting "Nighttime? Forever?" she then saw Twilight, Amara and Spike running towards the library "Where are they going?"

Author's Note:

Ok, this chapter was easy to write, the next one may take longer because of the additions to the lore that I plan to do, I hope you enjoy it.