• Published 28th Apr 2021
  • 3,251 Views, 103 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendships are Magic - professor space n time



A fan rewrite of the series . Including my own OC and some additions to the lore.

  • ...
9
 103
 3,251

Chapter 2 (Friendship is Magic Part 1)

As they traveled through the air in the carriage, Spike was rereading the letter the princess had sent to Twilight.

"My dear Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than studying, so I'm sending you with my dear Amara to supervise the preparations for the Summer sun Celebration in this year's location, Ponyville, and I have an even more essential task for you to complete. Make some friends" He said chuckling.

Twilight groaned, Amara chuckled trying to maintain some respect and composure. Spike looked at Twilight and thought for a moment "Twilight. . . What if Amara is right?"

“I’m sorry?” Twilight’s ears perked up.

"Finally someone with common sense!" Amara said mockingly.

“What if Princess Celestia doesn't want you to get involved? Just think about it, Nightmare Moon is practically her sister. You may be talented in magic, but you can't compete against an Alicorn, we'd better let Celestia handle it, she sent Nightmare Moon to the moon once, I'm sure she can do it again” he said with a comforting tone.

"I hope so Spike"

"Look at the bright side Twilight, we will be staying at the Golden Oak Library, so you can read in your free time, also if you're right and everything goes wrong you can yell "I told you!" from the window, reading, as the world burns in darkness" said Amara.

"Okay. . .?, Thanks?" Twilight said confused and a little terrified.

"Just relax Twilight, and do what Mom said: Oversee the preparations for the celebration and make some friends, If she wants you to do it, she will surely have some good reason"

“Oh come on, Amara. The fate of Equestria does not rest on me making friends.”

Amara laughed "My dear Twilight, I would completely disagree with such a statement" she said in her formal tone that she used when speaking with nobles or in speeches "If the history of Equestria has proven anything, it is that it is always important to have friends or/and allies, for example, the events of Heart Warmings Eve, the pillars, the multiple battles against monsters in which Equestria has been helped by its allies, and the list goes on and on"

Twilight groaned again knowing that she couldn't fight Amara because she always seemed to have a good answer for everything, she looked at the sky somewhat hopeless and sad.

"Twilight, calm down, everything will be fine, one way or another I know that everything will work out, I don't like to see you like that, it's not good for your health that you always worry about something, you have to understand that there are things that no matter how real they seem, they are not. That's what you always told me when I talked to you about cryptozoology, I think it's time for you to understand that phrase. You will surely tell me again that you are right, and you know what? Perhaps it is true, perhaps you are right about everything, but, even if you are right, You cannot spend all that precious time worrying, that way you will achieve nothing, if you want to overcome a crisis of this level you need to keep a cool head and your forehead high. You have to be brave, you need a plan and if you don't have any of that, well it doesn't matter, if what you say is true my mother surely must have a plan, she has had 1,000 years to prepare, and if she had not created a plan 2 days is more than enough for her. But what if she didn't do it? That would leave just the two of us and if we had to, if we had to save Equestria it is necessary that that wonderful brain of yours can work in peace and it is necessary that you do not break with the pressure, I know you can do it, heck I could swear on my life that you can do it, but knowing how to swim is one thing and having the will to jump into the water is another."

Twilight smiled slightly and blushed a little at the comments that praised her intelligence "You're right" she said determinedly having regained her confidence, her eyes shone with determination "I can do this! When I get to the library I will start collecting information about the Elements Harmony and put together an action plan"

"Ok, I cheered you up, that's good" Amara said to herself "Just remember to at least try to make friends please"

Twilight nodded a bit reluctantly. The carriage began to descend towards the town, they landed on the main street, the three of them got off, Amara took her luggage and with a spell teleported it to the library whose address she already knew, then they thanked the Pegasi, the two neighed and they flew back to Canterlot.

“Okay, first things first, we'll go to Sweet Apple Acres to supervise the food, then. . . " Amara's face turned into a relaxed and pleasant smile. “Mmm. . . Does anyone else feel that? There is somepony very happy around here" She said, savoring the sugary and bubbly liquid that was forming in her mouth and running warmly down her throat.

"What did you say?" Spike and Twilight asked at the same time.

"Nothing, nothing" she said shaking her hoof discarding her words, "Oh, Twilight! Why don't you say hello to that mare and ask her for some directions?" She said as she saw a pink mare jumping happily as she approached them.

"Fine" Twilight stood in front of Amara and Spike and then stopped the pink mare politely "Excuse me, could you tell us where Sweet A-".

She was immediately interrupted when the mare gasped exaggeratedly and disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"Okay. . .? " she said confused.

"That was strange" said Amara "well, maybe she was scared of Spike, or maybe she recognized me, not many ponies expect to meet a princess in the middle of the street" she said in an comprensive tone, "We better go, we have a lot to do".


"Summer Sun Celebration official overseer's checklist. Number one, banquet preparations: Sweet Apple Acres." Spike read as they walked along a dry dirt road on the outskirts of town, they came to the gates of a huge ranch, the perimeter surrounded by white fences, there were corn and carrot crops to their left, and a chicken coop accompanied by 3 stables totheir right, in front there was a large house that in turn served as a barn.

Upon entering they heard a shout not far away "YEE-HAW!" shouted an orange-colored mare with blond hair and a Stetson hat, she was running at full speed towards an apple tree, when she was a few centimeters from colliding she turned around and with her hind legs she bucked the tree making the apples fall into several baskets.

Twilight sighed. “Let’s get this over with.” She approached the farmer and said, “Good afternoon. My name is Twilight Sparkle—” She couldn’t finish her sentence because the mare suddenly gave her one of the strongest hoof-shakes on the whole planet.

"Well, howdy-doo, Miss Twilight, a pleasure makin' your acquaintance. I'm Applejack. We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like makin' new friends!"

"Greetings" said Amara "I am Princess Amara, it is a pleasure to meet a member of the famous Apple family, my mother told me about you" She said in her formal tone.

"Princess what?" Apllejack said confused "Forget it. So, what can I do you for?"

Twilight cleared her throat "Well, we are in fact here to supervise preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. And you're in charge of the food, right?"

"We sure as sugar are! Would you care to sample some?"

Amara nodded. "As long as it doesn't take too long..." Said Twilight.

Applejack quickly ran over to some tables and started ringing a Triangle "Soup's on, everypony!"

In a second a bunch of ponies came running like a stampede and seated the three of them at a table, Twilight shook her head in dizziness.

"Now, why don't I introduce y'all to the Apple family?" said Applejack

"Thanks, but I really need to hurry-" Said Twilight before being interrupted.

"Twilight, don't be rude" Amara said with a scolding tone, Twilight just shut up and blushed in embarrassment.

"This here's Apple Fritter. Apple Bumpkin. Red Gala. Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp..." she took a deep breath "Big McIntosh, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith." The old mare was sleeping and snorting in a rocking chair "Up n' at 'em, Granny Smith, we got guests." The old mare got up and went to the table to eat. "Why, I'd say you're already part of the family!"

Twilight spitted what she was eating and laughed nervously "Okay, well, I can see the food situation is handled, so we'll be on our way."

"Aaw..., Aren't you gonna stay for brunch?" said Apple Bloom with sad puppy eyes.

"Sorry, but we have an awful lot to do-"

"We'd love to!" Amara said, the whole family cheered while Twilight growled at her.


“Food's all taken care of, next is weather,” Spike said, he looked back to see a bloated Twilight following him. He was full from that meal, but Twilight was even fuller, she looked like she swallowed an entire watermelon.

“Ugh...I ate too much pie...” she moaned.

Meanwhile Amara walked briskly. "How come you are not full?" Twilight asked her.

"I have a very good metabolism" she said, then looked up at the sky and noticed how cloudy it was "That's weird, shouldn't somepony have already taken care of the clouds?"

"Hmm, there's supposed to be a Pegasus pony named Rainbow Dash clearing the cloud" Said Spike.

"Well, she's not doing a very good job, is she?" said Twilight.

At that moment Amara heard something in the distance "TWILIGHT GET DOWN!".

Suddenly a cyan mare with rainbow hair passed over them at full speed, the mare stopped immediately, stopped and flew towards Twilight.

“Are you alright, miss? Sorry, I didn’t...” She then noticed how messed up Twilight’s mane was, apparently, the wind from the pegasus’s flying caused Twilight's mane to look like a cotton ball, the pegasus couldn’t help but guffaw at Twilight’s misfortune.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Amara shouted extremely annoyed "You could kill us!"

"I-I'm sorry" She said with a trembling voice "I-I-"

"Don't give me excuses!" She yelled "Do you have the slightest idea how fast you were going?!! At that speed even a wire to cut cheese could behead us both and would have broken Spike's neck! Don't you have common sense?!!"

The Pegasus's expression turned into fury "Hey! Who do you think you are to be able to talk to me like that?!"

Amara's expression became serious and with a raised eyebrow "Don't you know who I am?" the Pegasus shook her head innocently in denial, Amara face-hoofed "Princess Amara? Celestia's daughter, doesn't that sound familiar?" the Pegasus shook her head again “Forget it, it happens to me all the time. Sorry to yell at you like that, I just freaked out and lost my composure, just be more careful, though I admit it's very difficult to slow down at that speed, and it's also partly our fault for not realizing you were there, I'm sorry. Why don't we start from the beginning?, I'm Amara, a pleasure to meet you" She said offering her hoof "And I guess you are Rainbow Dash"

"The one and only. Why, you heard of me?" she said bragging a little to much.

"We were actually looking for you, we are here to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration and you were supposed to clear the sky, would you mind explaining why you haven't already?" Amara told her.

"Oh, I'm sorry I think I forgot, sometimes it happens to me when I practice my stunts" she said somewhat embarrassed.

"Oh, what are you practicing for?" Amara asked curiously.

"The Wonderbolts! They're gonna perform at the Celebration tomorrow, and I'm gonna show 'em my stuff!"

"The Wonderbolts? Yes, I think I've heard of them, well, I wouldn't want to interrupt you anymore then, I know they have very strict admission conditions, but I need you to clear the sky now" she said in a friendly tone.

"Oh, sure, sure, give me ten seconds" she said picking up speed, in a few seconds the sky was totally clear.

"Thank you very much, although I think it was eleven seconds. . . Nah!, just kidding" she said mockingly "Well, nice talking to you, hopefully we'll see you another time, bye!" she said walking away, she was followed by Spike and Twilight, who had been silent the whole time.

"What was that all about?" Twilight said once they were at a distance that seemed prudent to her.

"I don't know, I think I made a new friend" Amara said with a shrug.


The three of them walked to the town hall, when they entered they could see the beautiful pieces of paper and cloth that decorated the place, it was truly a show.

Spike took the checklist "Decorations. Beautiful. . ."

"Yes, the décor is coming along nicely. This ought'a be quick. I'll be at the library in no time. Beautiful indeed." Twilight said admiring her surroundings.

"Not the décor, her!" Spike said pointing to the mare in charge of the decorations, her coat was white and her hair was purple.

"No, no, no" She said while looking at some ribbons looking for the right color "oh! Goodness no."

"How are my spines? Are they straight?" Spike asked as he fixed himself.

Twilight just rolled her eyes and Amara looked like she was going to puke "Good afternoon-" Said Twilight before being interrupted.

"Just a moment, please! I'm 'in the zone', as it were." She said without even turning to look at her "Oh, yes! Sparkle always does the trick, does it not? Why, Rarity, you are a talent. Now, um, how can I help yo- AAH-HA-HA!, Oh my stars, darling! Whatever happened to your coiffure?!"

"Oh, you mean my mane? Well, it's a long story. I'm just here to check on the decorations, and then I'll be out of your hair!"

"Out of my hair? What about your hair?!" Rarity started to push Twilight to the exit.

"Wait! Where are we going?! Help!"

Out of nowhere Spike rose into the air making his tail spin like a propeller "How the heck can you do that?!" Amara asked completely impressed.

At that moment Spike fell to the ground "Uh? Do what?"

"That thing you did with your tail!"

"What thing?"

"Fly! How-?! You know what! Forget it!" she said frustrated "I'll ask this lady where we are going" Amara walked over to the white fur mare. "Excuse me, Miss Rarity, could you tell me where you are leading me and my friends" she asked formally.

"Of course my dear, I want and require you to take your friend to my boutique so that I can fix her coiffure" she said before her pupils shrank and her face turned pale, well, the palest somepony who's already white can be. "For my beloved Celestia!, I cannot believe it! You-You, You are Princess Amara!"

"The same one, you are the first pony that recognizes me" she said "Why don't we continue with this conversation later? It seems that we are going to arrive"

The four of them entered the boutique, Rarity quickly fixed Twilight's hair and began to try on dresses "No, no, uh-uh. Too green. Too yellow. Too poofy. Not poofy enough. Too frilly. Too... shiny." Finally put her in a gem dress with a bit of Saddle Arabia aesthetic "Now go on, my Princess. You were telling me what where you doing here and who is this unicorn."

"My mother sent us from Canterlot to supervise the preparations for the celebration, and she is Twilight Sparkle, she is mom's protégé and also her star student"

"Canterlot! Oh, I am so envious! The glamour, the sophistication! I have always dreamed of living there! I can't wait to hear all about it! We are gonna be the best of friends, you two and I..." She stopped and looked at the clothes she had given Twilight. "Emeralds?! What was I thinking? Let me get you some rubies!" Rarity headed to her study to find the gems.

Rarity headed to her study to find the gems. Amara approached Twilight trying not to make noise "Quick! Let's go before she tries to paint you a different color!" Twilight stripped off her clothes and the two of them started troting towards the exit, Spike stayed in place sighing, Amara grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the boutique.

The three of them were walking on a great plain, while they crossed the bridge Spike kept sighing "Wasn't she wonderful?" again Amara started to cough like she was going to puke.

"Focus, Casanova. What's next on the list?" asked Twilight.

Spike cleared his throat "Oh, uh, music! It's the last one!"

"They're over there," Amara said, pointing to a bush.

"How do you know?" Twilight asked her.

"Shh!" at that moment the two heard in the distance the harmonious song of a group of birds, the three walked towards the bush and crossed it, they came to a clearing, on a hill, standing on a small young tree, there were all kinds of birds, a yellow Pegasus with long pink hair was watching them, the birds began to repeat their song, but one, a blue jay, was uncoordinated.

"Oh my." The pegasi said to herself "Um, stop please, everyone, umm. Excuse me, sir? I mean no offense, but your rhythm is just a teeny-tiny bit off. Now, follow me, please. A-one, a-two, a-one two three-"

"Hello!" Said Twilight, The Pegasus yelped and the birds got scared and took flight "Oh my, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to frighten your birds. I'm just here to check up on the music and it's sounding beautiful." the Pegasus was absolutely silent and tried to ignore her "I'm Twilight Sparkle." the Pegasus remained silent and turned her head to other side to avoid eye contact "What's your name?"

"um. . . I'm. . . I'm Fluttershy" she said very quietly.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"She said, that her name is Fluttershy" Amara said in a low, sweet and kind voice, then she approached the Pegasus, who was still looking away and covered part of her face with her long pink hair "Hi Fluttershy" the Pegasus was still silent and without looking at her "I'm Amara, it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm really sorry to have to bother you so much, I'm really sorry, we came to supervise the preparations, and I must admit that your work is beautiful, angelic beautiful, I really admire ponies like you who have such a deep connection with nature" Fluttershy was still silent "Well, I guess that's it, have a beautiful day and again I apologize for the inconvenience, it was a pleasure meeting you, bye" Amara turned around silently and started walking slowly out of there, Spike and Twilight following her silently as well.

"W-wait!" Fluttershy said finally turning her head to see her, at the same time the birds returned and perched on the tree "EEEP!" was the only thing that came out of her mouth when she saw Amara.

"Yes?" she said turning to look at her, then she saw the expression of terror on her face "Oh!, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I know that my appearance is not the most pleasant, I know that I am somewhat terrifying, I mean, who could like somepony with fangs, a body covered in chitin, horn and legs full of holes, you can look away if it seems less uncomfortable, or I can go if that is what you want" she said kindly.

"N-n-no-" Fluttershy interrupted herself and took a slow deep breath "No, it's okay, it's okay, you don't scare me, it's just-it's just" Amara covered her face, hoping for the worst "It's just that never I had seen something as incredible as you! " she said flying quickly towards her "you are fascinating!" she said as she circled Amara to see her better "I really like insects, especially butterflies and dragonflies" then she approached Amara and looked at her face and one of her legs "Um. . . Can l. . . see it? " She asked pointing to her leg.

"Uh?" Amara said confused "Oh, sure" she said lifting her right hoof and showing it to Fluttershy.

"Wow. . . " Fluttershy said looking at her closely, cautiously she brought her own hooves to hold hers, always looking from time to time to Amara's eyes seeking her approval, she nodded, Fluttershy held her leg and admired the texture "Your exoskeleton is very soft . . . "

"Thank you? You know, I did not expect this reaction from you, I thought you would not want to talk to us" she said in a kind way and taking care of her words so as not to offend her.

"I thought the same, usually I don't like talking to other ponies, I never know what to say and I'm always afraid. What if what I say is wrong? What if it hurts their feelings? Or bother sthem? Or I make them sad? What if they hate me? What makes me the one able to give them some advice ?, o-or” Fluttershy began to shake, sweat and hyperventilate thinking of the possibilities.

Amara put her hoof on her shoulder and looked into her eyes "Easy, easy, you? Say something bad about someone? Are you crazy? . . ., no offense, but that's nonsense, believe me, I'm very good at reading ponies and you, you wouldn't be able to hurt anyone's feelings, haven't you heard your own voice, it's the sweetest and most tender voice that I have never had the honor of listening"

Fluttershy blush "Well, thanks, you're the first pony to ever say that to me."

"The first? Has the world gone insane?!" Amara said mockingly.

Fluttershy chuckled at what she said, Amara smirked at how cute her laugh was “Um. . . How do I ask you this? . . ., Um. . . Why- Why does your body has holes? What are theholes for? " she asked in a low voice "No offense! I just. . . I just want to know"

"Well, I'm not really sure, although sometimes they secrete a kind of goo, like honey or sticky sage, sometimes it has a different color and consistency, it usually forms when I eat certain things, some fruits, flowers, vegetables and other plants. In fact, I can do it at will” she said as a sticky green liquid came out of one of the larger holes in her leg, which was then reabsorbed by the slightly rough surface inside each hole.

"Fascinating. . . " was the only thing Fluttershy said as she looked completely mesmerized “Could you. . . Please tell me what species are you? If it is not too much of a nuisance, of course” She said gently and cautiously, she did not want to take advantage of Amara and how understanding she had been with her.

“I have no idea, mom found me in a basket in a field of flowers, she had never seen anything like me, and apparently no one has ever done it because she could never find even a sheet of paper that had minimally useful information, even so we have ideas for the name, Twilight was impartial, surely there must be more beings like me so she keeps waiting until someone of my kind appears and we can clarify the matter, I prefer something like Apis Equus, and finally Spike suggested the name "Insectoids" although that sounds very fanciful in my opinion, it sounds like something out of a science fiction book"

"Spike? Who is Spike?" Fluttershy asked her.

“It's the baby dragon who came with us. . . Where's Spike? " She said when she realized that the dragon was nowhere to be found.

"Here!" Spike said coming out of the bushes "I dropped the list and I went to look for it"

Fluttershy gasped "A baby dragon!" She yelled, she immediately flew at full speed towards him and tackled Twilight "Oh, I've never seen a baby dragon before. He's sooo cute!"

"Well, well, well...!" He said looking at Twilight with an egotistical grin.

"Oh my, he talks. I didn't know dragons could talk. That's just so incredibly wonderful I, I just don't even know what to say!, oh my, were are my manners!, hello Spike I'm Fluttershy, it's a pleasure to meet you. Wow, a talking dragon! And what do dragons talk about?"

"Well, what do you wanna know?" He asked.

"Absolutely everything."

"Well actually, we have to go home," Twilight said.

"I don't think that's a problem, the road is long so, if Fluttershy decides to follow us, surely we have time to finish this conversation" said Amara, then she turned around and looked at Twilight, she winked at her, she knew what Twilight was trying to do.

Spike got on Twilight's back as she groaned "Well... I started out as a cute little purple egg. . ."


". . .and that's the story of my whole entire life! Well, up until today. Do you wanna hear about today?" He said, the four of them were already a few steps from the library.

"Oh, yes, please!"

"I think that will not be possible at this time, we are already here and although it sounds impolite we actually want to rest, we have walked all over town for hours, we also have to organize our things and I have to practice my speech for the celebration" Said Amara.

"Oh sure, it was a pleasure talking to you, could we talk another day?" Fluttershy said with a smile and her eyes lit up waiting for the answer to her question.

"Of course! We can see each other tomorrow during the celebration" Amara said smiling, Fluttershy had to admit that she had a very cute smile, her fangs actually made her look even cuter "See you later, good night" she said before entering the library.

They closed the door and stayed in the dark "Well, finally it's over, rest a while, we'll stay up all night so it's a good idea to take a quick nap, I'm going to go to the bathroom, then I'll go to practice my speech and clean my royal ornaments"

"Okay, I'll go study and try to convince the princess that Nightmare Moon is coming back and/or come up with a plan" said Twilight "Now. . . Where is the light? "

At that moment the light came on and the three of them could see dozens of ponies around them, there were party decorations everywhere "SURPRISE!" they all yelled at the same time.

Here we go again. . .Twilight thought as she growled.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay, I had a lot of work to do these weeks. Enjoy.