• Published 3rd May 2021
  • 1,865 Views, 94 Comments

The Adventures Begin - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset get banished into another world and start a journey to come back home (With some help)

  • ...
25
 94
 1,865

Dragon's will

A moment later, Sunset starts to wake up, and her vision blurs. She tries to move but to no effect. Her body is wrapped in chains to make sure she can't move anywhere soon, so she signs and decides to lay there and wait. After waiting for a while, Sunset hears something coming to her and she again feels the fire in her eyes. The closer this footstep comes to her, the hotter the fire is. Sunset grunts and tries to open her eyes as long as she can. Finally, the footsteps are stopped and she looks up. It is that dragon she meets in the ruin and she glares at the dragon.

"What do you want from me, dragon?" Sunset demands.

The dragon says nothing and just stares at Sunset. The chain is not attracted to the ground anymore but still tied Sunset up. The dragon then picks her up and carries her on its back, much as Sunset struggles. Sunset tries to use her horn to escape but the chain wraps it to prevent her magic cast that way. Sunset finally gives up the struggle, feeling the burn in her eyes. The dragon leads to the room which has two chairs and a table in there. It puts Sunset down to the chair much more in her confusion. The dragon comes into another room, then comes out with two cups of coffee. It put two cups on the table and sit down, stare at Sunset

"You really cute, you know?" the dragon says as Sunset stares at him bluntly. "What with that stare? I just invited you here."

"Then what kind of invitation would kidnap the guest then tie them up and drag them into this table, Mr ghost dragon?" Sunset asks the dragon in an annoying tone.

"Okay okay... Sorry I have to do that to separate you from that suicide squad."

"Can you please untie me so I can talk to you... normally?"

He thinks for a little while and says "OK," then he unties her and gets wracked by Sunset.

"That for kidnapping me and tie me up"

"Ok, I deserve it. " He says as he rubs his head. "Geez, did all the cute girls look like that?" he whispered.

"Anyway," Sunset picks up the cup of coffee and begins drinking. "What's your name, Mr dragon? Are you a pervert?"

“I'm Whitty, and please stop calling me a pervert."

"Fine, I'm angry because you put fire in my eyes."

"That fire is my power, adapting your mana so it will last for a while."

"Really? Why did you choose me over Natalie or Matt?"

"Humans do not adapt to my magic as well so I will try it on you." He lies

"Then can you at least let me know when you meet me in the tomb?" " Sunset facehoofs.

"Besides," Whitty ignores Sunset's question, "I'm dying here, so I want someone to take my mana before I close my eyes."

"I .....see " Sunset taps her chin "so ..when you really close my eyes?"

"I have no idea. I just know it will come soon."

"What if I denied? Don't you think I would deny it?"

" My last breath has been given to try and use my magic on someone capable of it. Dragon magic may be hard to control, but it is very powerful."

"Are you arrogant about your species? I doubt a dragon like you can kill the humans that I team up with."

"...Fine, but you still need to collect the last pieces."

"What pieces?" Sunset asks in confuse

"The staff you collected in the jungle and the gems when you just met me."

I don't know where the gems are, though." Sunset searches the dimensional pocket "let's see," and then she takes out the staff, the staff is now covered with a white aura, much to Sunset's surprise, then she takes the gem, too." There you go."

As the fire in Sunset's eyes moves to the staff and gems for red and blue fire, Whitty used the spell to make the two items into a white ball. "There you go, we have two pieces. Now, Battle me," said Whitty.

"What...what are you saying? "Why should I have -" Sunset is cut off by the fire breath nearby and it explodes behind her.

Whitty in a battle stance and says "Your only option here is to fight me or die." Sunset takes out her wooden staff and is ready to fight.


Meanwhile

After Sunset disappeared by kidnapping. The trio quickly finds someone in Glacier Valley who is familiar with magic. After searching around for a while, the team meets Krystal again.

"Oh hey, nice to meet you again. What are you doing here and where is the unicorn? " Krystal asked

"That's... What we are doing. Someone takes control over the monsters and kidnaps Sunset away." Matt explains.

"I see, she's a rare pony, so maybe they kidnap her for money," Krystal replies.

Natalie says, pulling out the piece of paper and examining it. "I don't think they are using teleport spells. Maybe they have other purposes for going to Sunset."

"Let's go to my house, I have some books of magic that might help you," Krystal says. The trio nods their heads in agreement.

Krystal and the trio head for Krystal's house. They are welcomed by her family and asked if they want to stay. The trio simply states that they will stay here for a while to search for the lost teammate then they will leave. Krystal leads the trio to her room, which has a lot of books, but the books of magic make up only a fraction of the collection. The group sits down and takes out all the books of magic to solve the magic circle.

Krystal explains, "this is a weird circle to me. It combines a trap spell and a teleport spell. Whoever kidnaps Sunset, he or she must be a mage,"

Natalie asks her, "So how do we solve this one?"

Krystal answers, "Well, we have to activate this one again to meet her. Natalie, you need to help me solve this problem faster." Natalie nodded in agreement. They start to work with the magic circle to rescue their unicorn teammate.

Back to the forbidden ruin

Sunset and Whitty start charging at each other, blocking each other's attacks and jerking back immediately. Whitty flies up and charges at her again as Sunset is ready to block it. He immediately dashes to Sunset's back, then punches her, making her send flying but Whitty uses a spell to pull her back and punch her at her belly, causing her to spill some blood and send her flying backward again.

Once again, Whitty uses his pulling spell and tries to punch her again. Sunset got pulled, but by the time she reached Whitty, she blocked the punch and kicked him in the chest. Whitty jerks back because of the sudden kick, then he is going to charge at her, but then he realizes there is a magic circle at his chest. The dragon was shocked when the circle exploded, sending him flying backward. Before he can get up, he receives many elements from Sunset, forcing him to defend. Sunset runs circles around Whitty and keeps shooting him with element balls. A beam from the dragon is shot at Sunset, forcing her to dodge and cut the shots.

The dragon congrats the pony, "You're really good at fighting here, weird horse,"

"I don't know if a dragon in this world can cast magic or not, but that will be a challenge to me when encountering a dragon like you. " Sunset replies as she keeps circling the battlefield.

"I'm sorry if you're disappointed, but I'm the only one who can speak here, because--" Whitty ready to charge at her "There is no dragon in this world."

"I see," Sunset stops walking. "That's why you want a good fight, isn't it?"

Whitty replies, "Yes, I want to die harshly, but... I don't want all of my magic that I have learned to be lost."

"... I see, but you don't have to fight like that."

"Sorry, but I have challenged many human warriors, and they have all disappointed me." Whitty points at Sunset, "Don't disappoint me," and the ground begins to tremble, making Sunset flinch.

Once the ground has stopped shaking, Whitty increases his speed and charges towards Sunset. As the unicorn creates ice crystals and throws them at him, he dodges them easily. By the time he gets close to Sunset, he immediately slashes her in the body. Sunset sees her blood is shedding, but she ignores it and finds a way to defeat the speedy dragon. The dragon suddenly appears in front of her and punches her, making her lie down.

"Have you given up yet?" The dragon taunts Sunset as she stands up. "You stubborn horse, you're gonna get killed now," then he ran to her and punched her to make her faint. After the punch makes a deal with Sunset, he feels light from her body, and soon he finds that his fist and Sunset are glued together. "Glue trap?" he asks.

Sunset inhales then creates a fireball in front of Whitty, and the fireball's explosion causes Whitty and her to fly backward. Sunset is now heavily injured, while Whitty has only minor injuries. Sunset is barely able to continue. Whitty sends a "Shock Wave", the spell explodes windily, it hits her and sends her crashing into the wall. Whitty steps closer to the heavily injured Sunset with an ice sword he created by an ice spell. "Goodbye," he whispered. As he is going to swing the sword to Sunset

Suddenly, he feels as if he cannot move his legs or claws, and he looks back to see that they are frozen. The floor is illuminated by a large magic circle that has a snowflake symbol inside, and the air around it grows colder and colder until it explodes. The room and dragon are immediately iced. Whitty breaks the ice and feels it really hurts. Look back at Sunset who gets up. Her front hooves are in two magic circles.

Whitty stands in an attack stance and is going to impact her but suddenly, flame chains appeared from the ground and wrapped his body, four giant flame swords appear and aim at the dragon. Whitty breaks the chain as the sword flies at him, dodges the first sword, then uses it to cover the second sword, and dodges the third. While he was proud that he dodged all the swords, the fourth sword struck into his leg much to his surprise. The swords exploded when Sunset clapped her front hooves together. Sunset just struggles to stand, so she needs the staff's support. In the smoke, Whitty is seen and is heavily injured. Like Sunset, he is also struggling to stand there.

Whitty said with a smile, "This is the best fight of my life"

As Sunset coughs blood, she replies, "I have a promise to keep, so I am not going to die soon."

"I see--," the dragon says, "--that I am losing now, but if I met you in my next life, will we be good friends?"

"I'm fine as long as you don't have a pervert mind"

"Can you give this to Amelia and Diana when I die?" Whitty throws the pendant to Sunset and she nods.

As the last thing, the dragon does. he covers his mana through his body, then appears many dragons, each with its own element. Sunset puts her front hoof on the ground and changes the angle of the magic circle into vertical, then separates it into many small circles and aims at the dragon. The two stare at each other, then they fire their spells and charge each other.


Matt, Natalie, and Lance are able to teleport to the forbidden ruin after solving the teleport magic circle. They immediately run to find Sunset, then, after finding a strange frozen room, they agree and open the door. Sunset and Whitty are found lying heavily injured. As they rush to Sunset to see if she is okay, Natalie uses "Heal" to treat her wound.

The dragon's body is vanished and two orbs of blue and purple appear after that. A blue orb joins with the other two white orbs and flies to Sunset's body, combining with her, much to the surprise of the trio. Sunset's eyes are on blue and red fires again before disappearing. The purple orb is flying away.



Equestria

One year has passed since Sunset was banished. Celestia sits on the throne doing paperwork. She misses Sunset deeply but must move on. By the time she finishes her work, the guards rush to her room and report.

'Your Majesty, we have caught the man who sold the dragon eggs.'

Celestia nodded " Now send him to the dungeon and return that egg for his parents"

"That is the problem, Your Highness. When I ask them about the egg, they don't know who it belongs to so they return it for us," the guard said as another guard revealed to her the purple eggs. Celestia opens the windows and thinks for a moment.

"Put the egg there and let me decide what to do with it."

The guards then leave the room after saying, "Yes, Your Majesty.".

She stares at the purple egg for a while, wondering what to do with it. Celestia is surprised when a purple orb flies through the window and lands on the egg, causing the egg to shine in purple light. She thinks this is a special egg. Finally, she has an idea.

"Guard!" Celestia commands

The guards came in and said, "Yes, Your Majesty."

"Put it in a safe place and take good care of it, I know a filly could hatch it,' Celestia said, not sure.

"Yes, your Highness," the guard replied, taking the eggs from the room

Celestia is finding a paper with information about a certain unicorn. When she finds it, she grabs it by the levitating spell and thinks. "I believe this unicorn to be the one who can hatch the egg," and then puts it down. The information paper reveals a certain purple unicorn named Twilight Sparkle. How can this unicorn hatch this egg? Times will answer her question