• Published 3rd May 2021
  • 1,865 Views, 94 Comments

The Adventures Begin - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset get banished into another world and start a journey to come back home (With some help)

  • ...
25
 94
 1,865

The last battle

-----Inside the portal-----

After destroying the black stones, the Team goes deeper into the portal. Natalie looks around and is still amazed by what is inside the portal.

"Walking through space feels pretty weird," Natalie pokes the staff on the ground, "Even if this is a fake one."

"I know right," Matt swings his sword in the air, "I'm pretty excited about fighting Arkon again though! Looks like he's a lot stronger than before."

"This might end pretty well be the end of us, you know?" Lance is loading ammo into his gun.

Sunset nods, "Well, the new beginning waits for us."

Matt pats Sunset's back, "If we pull it off though, we'll be legendary heroes! And we don't really have a choice. I bet that Arkon is doing something in our world."

Sunset pushes Matt away, "You can have that title, thanks. I don't like it because it just brings us more annoying situations."

"You think you can get away from that title?" Lance smirks at Sunset, "Sorry but you will stick with us from this."

Sunset rolls her eyes, "You got me. I'm afraid that you all will die without my assistance," the others laugh at her, "But anyway,.." Sunset points at the bone Hydra guarding the way, "You know what to do right?"


The others nod and walk to challenge the bone Hydra. It's big and doesn't have a wing. It only has two heads. Matt sees that "... Well, this will be easier than the physical Hydra,"

The Hydra roar at them and breathes out the green cloud. Natalie sees that and forms a paper fan and swings it to create the wind. The cloud was sent back to Hydra. Matt is going to charge at it but Sunset stops him. She glances at him and shakes her head. The first head makes it longer and rushes at Sunset. Sunset makes her staff on fire and rolls to the right, then she swings the staff, and a fire dragon wing appears after that and flies toward the second head. The Second head tries to bite the wings but it goes through it and cuts off its head. The first head sees that and tries to attack Sunset but Matt slams the sword at its neck, the first head is slashed off.

Natalie and Lance watch them finish the Hydra and sigh in relief. They come near Sunset and Matt, then examine the bone Hydra.

"... well, it's weaker than I thought," Matt lifts his sword, "Maybe because this is the bone one, not the scales one?'

"Well, I don't know because I'm not good at biology, so..." Lance hears his walkie-talkie ringing, he takes it and talks, "Hello?" then he nods and says, "Yeah. yeah, okay." Then he puts it back.

Sunset asks, "What's happened?"

"My uncle and his campsite will fully support us slaying the demon," Lance flicks off the dust from his clothes. "That's the good news. The bad news is Arkon has sent his army to attack the city."

"What are we waiting for? Let's go." Natalie commands and she runs forward on the road.

" I didn't know she was that fast," Matt says as he and his teammate follow Natalie.


After running for a while, they finally see a red magic circle. The Team inhales and looks at each other. They are sure that Arkon is in that red magic circle.

"There he is. I'm having second thoughts. He owned last time, and he'll do it again," Matt steps back but Natalie stops him.

"This is the first time you've ever acted like a coward! Now's not the time! This is going to be our greatest moment." Natalie pushes Matt forward.

"We are so dead. Let's get out of here. We can still go back and practice some more. We've still got time." Lance steps back but Sunset stops him too.

"Are you kidding? He is attacking your kingdom out here. We don't have time to scare you KNOW?" Sunset pushes Lance forward.

"But.. But..." Lance tries to say something but gets cut off by Natalie.

Natalie yells at Lance, "Lance, shut up! We'll be fine! We've gotten this far, haven't we? Just shoot and stab him like you've always done! I'll back you up, so you won't die." Lance, Matt, and Sunset say nothing, just look up and sigh, then they smile at this.

"I can't believe she suddenly has more balls than us." Matt steps in front of the team. "You know what, I'm in."

Lance rubs his head, "Shameful, really. Heh." Lance suddenly laughs, then he looks to the ground and shakes his head, "Alright, let's send him back to the void."

Sunset stretches her body and neck, hears some 'crack' to this, then she raises her left front hoof to the others, "No regret?"

The others see that and they put their hand on her hoof, "No regret!", then the Team goes inside the battlefield to fight the Demon, end the chaos one and for all.


When they step inside, Sunset plugs a wooden staff that has fully magic words flying around, then she follows the team. The magic circle shoots a ray of fire into the sky; after a while, Arkon appears and he sees the Team after that.

"Ah, it is you who awoke me. Let me see if you are worthy to stand before me." The demon's only eye grows red and two metal claws rise to the ground and shine red.

The first metal claw charges at Natalie, but Matt uses "Air Slash" to stop him. Then Matt covers his sword with a red aura and rushes at the Arkon. The demon creates many magic circles and shoots multi-spikes at him and the team. Natalie and Sunset create a shield to block the dark spikes while Matt increases his speed and dodges them. Once he got close, he jumps up and slashes at the demon. Arkon blocks the slash with his wings. Sunset teleports behind the demon and uses "Wyvern slash" at his head. The spell burns Arkon's head, which Sunset smirks at it. Suddenly, his head turns back to her like an owl, opens his mouth, and shoots lasers from it. Sunset swings her staff wildly, and it deflects the lasers aside.

Sunset teleports back to the team, and Matt jumps back to them too. Arkon uses a water spell to set out the fire. "For billions of years, I have lived. I have in my memory the early days of this planet. When the Earth was but rock and fire. Before other life had even begun to evolve." The demon moves an inch before rising from the ground, revealing a whole new part, with a disgusting and horrendous face as its razor-sharp teeth are bared. The Face breathes black smoke at the Team, making them cough. Then he casts a spell, which makes the smoke explode.

Arkon smiles at the smoke and grins at that, but a beam shoots at his Face. The smoke faded and revealed the Team was still alive. Sunset is holding a magic circle and aiming at him. The claws try to stop her but Lance quickly shoots them down. The magic circle changes into light spears that form the circles. Sunset spins the staff and the light spears start to fly towards him. Arkon uses his wings to block the spears but all the spears strike directly at one point. make the wings have a hole and a spear plugs directly into his chest.

Sunset smiles at this, Lance takes out his big gun and starts charging the shoot. The Face sees that and opens its mouth, a black ball comes out of it. The team dodges aside and the ball impacts into the ground. A moment later, it exploded, making the team send flying. Arkon casts a magic circle under Sunset, who is still dazed by the explosion. Many dark arms appear from the magic circle and hold Sunset on the ground, then many dark spears fly toward her. Sunset teleports in front of Arkon's Face and touches his neck. Then she teleports back to the team.

"Countless times I have been weakened and enslaved. Yet ultimately I remain, while my enemies succumb to the flow of time," Arkon's eye shining, "For aeons I have pondered the meaning of my existence. Alas, I am still unable to find my answer." Then many large dark balls appear beside him. "All the things must come to an end. Planets, stars, entire universes, even Gods. Perhaps my destiny is simply to be destroyed." Arkon shoots lasers at the team from his eyes and all of the dark balls fly toward the Team and leave smoke at their spot.

Arkon smiles as he thinks that he finally destroyed them. Suddenly, a fire dragon and lighting dragon rushes toward him from the smoke. Arkon has no time to react and the dragons cut off one of his wings. When the smoke faded, he saw Sunset holding a magic circle. Sunset yells at him, "You freaking shut the hell up," then she throws her wooden staff at his neck. The staff is plugged into his body and right at the spot that Sunset just touched him.

Arkon tries to pull the staff out by another wing but a missile strikes him and explodes, making him jerk back. Arkon looks at the sky and sees many missiles flying toward him. The missiles keep striking into him and exploding, the other wings finally cut off. The Face creates a shield to block them, but it's too much for the shield. It is broken down and the missile keeps shooting at Arkon. Lance takes his walkie-talkie and says, "Stop". The airstrike goes down and leaves smoke at his spot.

Matt and Sunset look at each other and nod. They come in front to see if Akron is really dead or not. There is a silence in the smoke, which makes the Team feel more cautious. When Matt and Sunset come close to the smoke, dark lasers strike directly at Matt, sending him flying backward. "Matt," she glances at Matt to see if he is fine or not. A dark spike stabs through Sunset's belly, making her look back at the smoke.

Arkon is still alive and glared at Sunset. He creates a dark claw and slashes at Sunset. Sunset flies backward with her left front hoof cut off, making her breathe faster than before. Then a black vine is corrupting her back, making her scream in pain then faint. "Sunset" Natalie goes near Sunset to check on her that if she is alright. Then she glares at the demon, "YOU! What have you done to her?"

"That horse will be dead," Arkon now has many holes in his body and the Face but still alive, "Slowly," His eye glows dark as many red magic circles appear beside him, "And you all should join her," Many swords appear from the red magic circles and shoot at them. Natalie spins the staff and slams it to the ground. A yellow magic circle appears beneath the team and is shining. A large shield appears and blocks all the swords.

Matt commands, "Let's finish him before Sunset dies," and he charges at the demon.

"On it." Natalie starts chanting the spell, and Lance takes out his talkie-walkie to command the soldier.

------Inside Sunset's body------

Sunset opens her eyes and wakes up. She breathes fast and hard. After a moment, she calms down and looks at her left front hoof, and finds that it has gone. She looks up and sees the white dragon standing before her.

"Look like you mess yourself up," Whitty kneels down to her and closes his eyes, "As I say, this is a final meeting of us," then he helps her up,

"What... What do you mean?" She glances her back and sees that something black is covering her. "What... WHat... What happens?"

"Look like a poison spell," Whitty grins at this, "Cure it cost a lot of time but..." Whitty points to the wall and it disappears time by time. "That demon used the spell to fasten the poison. Geez, this is the first time I saw this kind of spell,"

"Then what am I going to do? Am I going to die?" Sunset steps back with her tears falling down, "But... but..."

"The only way to do this is..." Whitty points at Sunset's chest and the magic circle that prints on her chest activates, making her feel pain, "You have to be a dragon," Then Whitty's tears start falling down, "Sorry, Sunset. I have a lot of things to share with you, but..." Whitty closes his eyes and smiles, "There is no time for us now." The floor starts disappearing.

"It... It has to have another way right? RIGHT?" Sunset hugs Whitty, "I don't want you to go,"

"Still a stubborn girl! I like it. But my time has come. Please keep yourself alive and fullfill your promise," Whitty hugs her close.

"But...But... " Sunset is trying to say something but gets cut off because Whitty kisses her lips, making her close her eyes. Then Whitty pushes her into the hole and flies up. He changes himself into a purple orb and a white orb. The purple orb is flying away while the white orb is rushing at her. Sunset holds the white orb and closes her eyes. Her tears keep falling down, the orb goes inside her chest. "I hate you, I HATE YOU, WHITTY,"


Why you take my heart.
Been through so much together.
Through think and then we never parted ways.
Lost count of both night and day.
Like the friend I never wanted.
But yet you were needed.
We trained, laughed, fought, and I prayed one day something more.
But now what we had is over.

Like a puppet on strings you made me your dancer.
Using my powers for you gain.
Had I know you’d pull this dagger.
I would have just passed you over.
Now there is only pain.
Tears falling from my eyes.
Air filled with hurtful cries.
Was all this just a game.
Now I just want to curse your name.

I’ll be back but this time better.
I’ll train and train until I’m the master.
I’ll become unstoppable and they will see.
I’m not just some other nobody.
Don’t worry you’ve played your part.
Now I ask why did you take my heart.


Sunset opens her dragon eyes and they glow red and blue, she raises her hoof and a magic circle appears on her hoof, her tears still falling down, "Time please obey me, let me rewind you once, and turn back to the happy time I used to be." The magic circle is changing into a clock, and Sunset closes her eyes, "Time... Rewind."

------Outside -------

The demons keep shooting dark beams at the shield. The shield is cracking while Natalie creates two large ice wheels, she makes it fly to the demon. Arkon let the wheels cut off some of his Face parts, he cast a large red magic circle in the sky. A large dark sword appears, stabs through the cracked shield, and plugs into the ground. The sword explodes immediately. The trio gets hit by the explosion and falls down. They try to get up and glared at him.

Arkon laughs at the trio, "You think you will defeat me?" Then he summons a pillar and it quickly draws a magic circle under them, then he summons many dark spikes on them. The magic circle is shining red and going to cast a spell to finish them. "Goodbye," Arkon makes the spikes fly toward them.

Matt lies down on the ground, "Thanks for coming with me, Natalie, Lance, and Sunset." The trio closes their eyes and waits for the end. When they open their eyes and see that they are still here, they find it strange and feel that they cannot move, even the dark spikes. They look down at the ground and see the magic circle is replaced by a clock.

Arkon yells, "What.... What happens with my spell?" and he sees the clock beneath the Team, "What... What kind of spell is this?"

The Seconds Hands of the clock start moving backward ten seconds, the trio feels like they just rewind back. Then all of the hands of the Clock keep moving backward and the trio feels like they are moving back, the dark spikes just going back outside the clock and disappearing. All the wounds of the battle on the trio are slowly removed. When the clock stops moving, the trio can move again and feel like they just entered the battle.

"What.. what happens?" Matt looks around his body, "Our wounds have been treated. HOW?"

Natalie looks at Sunset and sees that her eyes are on red and blue fire, and she has an orange dragon claw on her left. "Sunset?"

Sunset breathes heavily as she feels hot in her body. "There is no time," Sunset raises her claw and a magic circle appears on it. Natalie sees that and points the staff at Arkon, and another magic circle appears. Matt and Lance nod. Matt covers his sword with a red aura while Lance starts charging the shot at Arkon.

Arkon, feeling like he can't do anything, closes his eyes and says, "Perhaps humans do have a future on this planet." Then he laughs at the sky, "I am done here." Matt charges at Arkon at high speed and slashes him in half while Lance shoots "Hyper Beam". A fire dragon rushes at Arkon and a ray of light starts shooting at his spot. Arkon's body shattered into pieces, then it disappeared into black dust.

Sunset lies on the ground and closes her eyes. She still feels that her body is burning like she is in lava. Lance runs to her, "Sunset," he yells as all the team members are near Sunset, "What happened?" Lance sees dragon wings growing on her back with many blood drops, "Oh shit. I will vomit after this."

Natalie takes out the spell book to see if there is a spell to decrease the pain. Sunset's right front hoof is glowing many nails and the hoof is blasted out, revealing another orange claw. Then her back hoofs explode and are replaced by orange dragon legs. Natalie sees that and looks away. She vomits after seeing this scene.

Sunset's fluffy tail is ripped off as another dragon tail grows to replace the fluffy tail. The new orange dragon tail has many red spikes on it and has a fire at the end. Then her ears get rips off and replaced by two dragon horns that point to the back. Then her muzzle is replaced with a dragon one.

When the transformation is complete, Sunset roars at the sky and creates a shockwave around her, making the team send them flying backward. Then she breathes, calms herself down. She sees the trio as they have their mouths open in shock.

Sunset says, "You guys ok?" Sunset starches her head with a claw, then she looks at them, "What... what happens to me?"

"Well.... uh." Natalie takes a big mirror for Sunset, "Take a look at yourself."

Sunset's eyes widen to see her new form. Now she is an orange dragon with two red horns on her head, she has a yellow body with a light yellow belly, and yellow wings. Her eyes are red and blue dragon eyes. After seeing this, Sunset closes her eyes and shakes her head. It doesn't matter anymore for her.

"It looks like I have to adapt to my new body." Sunset swings the claw at the mirror, the mirror is cut into pieces, "Whoa, now I have to be careful with those." then she looks at the sky, "Looks like we won, right?"

Matt takes Sunset's dark cloak and mage hat, "Yeah, we won," and gives them to Sunset

Sunset wears it on and feels it's smaller than she thought. "Well, I need a bigger cloak," she glances at the team and realizes that she is a little bit taller than them. "and I have to get used to this one too."

Natalie takes a bigger cloak and hat from her pocket dimension, "here you are," Sunset looks at Natalie and tilts her head, "what does that look like? I thought that I could wear it and bought it in the store,"

Sunset takes the cloak and wears it. It fits her, "Thank you," The ground is shaking cause no one controls this portal, "Well, we gotta get out of hers first, right?"

The others nod as they run to get out of the portal. Their mission is finished and now the world is in peace in the future.

Author's Note:

Thanks for Professional Lunatic supports me for this chapter :twilightsmile:

Sunset Shimmer base on this website