• Published 3rd May 2021
  • 1,865 Views, 94 Comments

The Adventures Begin - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset get banished into another world and start a journey to come back home (With some help)

  • ...
25
 94
 1,865

Whitty, The Magic Teacher

Inside Sunset's body

After "flying" for about one and a half hours, Sunset starts frustrating because she doesn't know what's wrong, but she doesn't give up until her theory is right. For her, she believes that a mage could cast three or even four spells at the same time, but she tried it for two days but still not successful.

"You don't have a "give up" word in your dictionary, do you?" Whitty says in a sarcastic tone, as he prepares to heal Sunset. Sunset glares at him

"Then you should calm down, and figure out what is wrong." Whitty suggests while writing something on paper, "If the mage wants to cast two spells at the same time, you have to make sure that you got two things: large mana pool and good control of the mana," then he points at the two dragons that Sunset has created before, "You use two continuous spells like this that means you got good control, plus you got half of my mana to combine with your mana. Large mana pool, huh?" He ticks in the note.

"What is a continuous spell?" Sunset asks, tilting her head for confusion

"Continuous spell is a spell that you have to spend your mana overtime to make sure that the spell will not disappear. For shortly, the spell that will drain your mana to exist for a long time." Whitty tries his best to explain. "These spells are like those dragons you create or some levitation spell. It is different from the summons though."

"Ah, I see. Thank you for your advice," Sunset sits down and starts thinking about what is wrong. She closes her eyes and feels the mana inside. She feels that the mana used for the dragons is still in her back hooves, weird that her mana doesn't get drained by the dragons.

"Weird," Sunset says, making Whitty notice. "I don't feel any mana draining from these dragons," Whitty glared at her with that sentence, making Sunset nervous.

"Did you use all of the mana like every day?" Whitty demands an answer from Sunset. Sunset's face is now pale, and tries to step out but Whitty's tail pulls her back and makes her face to face with him.

"eh.... that's quite a long story. Can we not mention it?" Sunset now more nervous but Whitty still glared at her " Alright. Alright. I spend it like every day back in Equestria, okay?" She waves her forehooves in the air to surrender.

Whitty stops glaring at her and asks "Then what did you use the mana for?"

"Well, I will shorten the story. " Then Sunset told the story


Cancerlot, Equestria, many years ago

Sunset is going to take the teleport lesson from Celestia. The filly was so excited, and can't wait to learn the first lesson of magic, she crawls onto Celestia's bed and bounces at it. Celestia was sleeping, now has to wake up because of the filly. She looks at the filly, puts the pillow on her face, and starts to regret the decision but the orange filly pushes away the pillow and keeps bouncing the bed. Celestia sighs and looks at the alarm clock. It shows just 4:30 am.

"Why do you wake up so soon? You know I always get up at 6 am right? And you usually wake up at 7 am, if I remember," Celestia asks, Sunset hugs her tightly and makes Celestia sighs.

"Sorry, I'm just too excited about learning the first magic of my life so I can't sleep," The filly answers. Celestia pats her head and smiles.

"Now, that's too early to learn the spell, isn't it? How about we go to sleep and see at 6 am?" Celestia said in an angelic tone.

"NO, I wanna learn my first spell right now. Besides I can't sleep due to my excitement," Sunset retorts and that makes Celestia double facehooves. She slowly gets up and yawns.

"Can you please go outside my room and wait for me for a while? I will be back in a few minutes," Celestia asks and the orange filly nods.

30 minutes later, Celestia comes outside her room. The first thing she sees is a boring filly lying on the ground. She giggled to see how cute she was.

"Alright, no need to show that face. Come with me and we will start," Celestia says, making Sunset excited and hop up on her back. Celestia shakes her head and smiles.

The duo comes to a training room for the guard. The training room has no one inside because it is too early, it is big and has some weapons and armors around. Sunset jumps out of Celestia's back.

"Well, we wake up too early so this room has no one." Celestia giggles "Now, we start with the "Teleport" spell, shall we?" Sunset's eyes are shining due to excitement. Celestia chuckles at that, "Now, now don't need to rush you know."

"But I wanna know how that spell works, pretty please," Sunset shows her puppy eyes, making Celestia gulp.

"All right, now we start with the theory," Celestia pulls out the board, "Well, to cast this spell, you must think about what place you think you will teleport to. Then make the horn glow and let the mana flow around your body and flick it. Remember, you can't teleport too far away. For example, Celestia's horn glows and she teleports behind Sunset, which makes her look around to find Celestia. Celestia pokes Sunset's back, making her yelp. Sunset glared at Celestia, is giggling. "Now, do the same."

"That sounds easy, you know?" Sunset closes her eyes and inhales, then she starts to concentrate and thinks about some places behind Celestia's back. But the maids are going past the training room, carrying a hot water tub, and say

"I wonder why we have to deliver this tub of hot water to the courtroom?" Sunset accidentally thinks about water and teleports to the hot water tub. Make her jump out and run around the palace halls, much as the maid surprised "What's just happened?" Then they turn back and see Princess Celestia go out of the room and giggling. much as their confusion.


"From that time, I started to waste my mana every day to do many things until I'm out of mana, mainly I do teleport. Because it's boring while I finish a day of helping Celestia do royalty stuff." Sunset explains make Whitty laugh "Hey, that's not funny"

"All right, all right," Whitty pokes Sunset's cheek "That's why your magic regeneration is quite high and your mana pool is big."

"How so?" Sunset confuses

"Because you do that every day so your body and mana adapt to your mana loss and expand your pool, like to torture yourself huh?" Whitty teases her, Sunset simply smiles at his teasing. Whitty continues, "Fine, now you should do your... idea of spell casting while I prepare to explain the next type of spell."

Sunset closes her eyes and starts to concentrate on the mana flowing. As she concentrates the mana to the third place of her body, she feels the mana flowing into exactly the place she wants, her right front hoof.

"No rush, no failure," Sunset starts to control the mana. As she controls, she feels the mana flowing into her right front hoof, and flowing until she feels all the flow of the mana in her body. She feels the mana is condensed into three points of her body: her back hooves and her left front hoof, then she tries to cast a spell from her left front hoof slowly, slowly, and slowly.... until.

"Hey, wake up." Whitty shakes Sunset but no available "WAKE UP" he shouts at her ear make Sunset flinch back and rub her ear.

"Yes, Mr Scaly?" Sunset asks sarcasm "Don't you see I am training?" She continues to rub her ear because of the yelling and glares at Whitty. Whitty pointed his finger at the sky, making Sunset look up and surprised after that. She sees a lighting dragon flying with a fire dragon and an ice dragon, the dragons that she casts before. "You don't cast that dragon," She asks Whitty as he shakes his head. She feels so happy that she sees the lighting dragon, but the lighting dragon disappears after some minutes.

"Well, at least you proved that you can cast three spells at the same time," Whitty said. "The point that lightning does not exist long because you control mana is not good enough."

"I see. So I can train more than before." Sunset glee, but now she feels tired because of mana. "Maybe tomorrow."

"Then shut those dragons please." Whitty demands and Sunset dispel the dragon, "Good, take a rest and I will teach you about the type of magic." Then he hugs Sunset, much as she grumbles. "Don't be like that, you enjoy that, right?" He rubbed his head against her neck, making her smile.

"Fine, you got me. I do enjoy it," She commits

"So," Whitty levitates the chalk and starts writing and drawing to the chalkboard, "We have mentioned continuous spell. Now, we change to the "circle-drawing" spell," Whitty suggests as Sunset is confused about this, Whitty explains,"Well, this type of spell is the one you use to defeat me here. Don't you remember? Geez, sometimes I wanna rematch too."

"Sorry, but if you do that, I will deny it because I prefer the dragon pillow more," Sunset teases

"Fair enough. Continuing, this type of spell is usually for seals and traps, but the seal one is more usual. Some of the stronger spells can use this type instead of chanting, but that will waste more mana and time to do that so in combat, this type of spell is never used." Whitty explains and Sunset nods.

"I see, in combat even you make mistakes in one second and you can pay with your life." Sunset thinks, "Now I wonder, how can I use that type of spell from that battle with you?"

"Geez, cast "Absolutely Zero" and still don't remember when you cast it? You need to fix your brain," Whitty complains, making Sunset smug.

"I don't remember. I saw Natalie's book say that "When you wanna draw a magic circle, you have to rail your mana into the circle by your hand," So... uh I used the backhooves to draw it" Sunset counters. The white dragon uses his claw to rub her ear, make her feel weird. The unicorns asks him, "What is that for?"

"For beating me," Whitty answers, "and for using the spell for the wrong purpose,"

"Fine, but if I don't do that, you're going to kill me. Fair huh?" Sunset counters.

"Nah, I'm not gonna kill you that time," Whitty counters back, "But anyway, you're a weird mage compared to the mage in this world." The white dragon complains and draws a magic circle, "I mean the way you use spells is really weird but very effective."

"Like that bomb, I planted it on Guardian's back."

"Yep, like that. But hey, who knows after this lesson you might get some weird idea appearing on your head," Whitty teased, making her knock his head by her hoof, "Ouch. Don't be like that. But anyway, the "circle - drawing" spell is not usually a circle, you can use magic words to replace the circle, or drawing a rectangle," Sunset smiles because she got some ideas, "The rectangle is a joke, but you can draw a hexagon to replace it, but I recommend that you don't use it," Whitty explains then asks "What do you think?"

"I'm thinking about using trap spells on my body, especially my hoofs, and transfer it to the enemy. That will be good too." Sunset grins at that idea, making Whitty faceclaw.

"Can you have at least one day to be a normal mage, please? I never thought you got that idea too and don't tell me you do that with the seal spell too."

" Hey, that's a good idea. Thanks for the advice," Sunset cheers, make Whitty double faceclaw.

"Me and my big mouth. Anyway, move to the next type of spell, the summon spell." Whitty erases the board and uses some chalk to write a new test. "The summon spell has two types: contract and shapeshift"

"You mean the shapeshifting spell like the changeling from my world?" Sunset asked, making Whitty surprised

The dragon asks her "Oh, your world got that spell huh? " Sunset nods at his sentences. Whitty suggests, "Then when you go back, you have to create a magic circle to protect your princess immediately because that spell is very good for assassination. If she can survive by the time you come back,"

Sunset surprises and smiles,"Wow, you said that makes me realize now. Thank you"

"Not yet. There is no seal for a shapeshifting spell because the user can shape any things as they want." Whitty explains making Sunset feels not good, "But you can prevent one form, make them can't shape that form. I will teach you later." At that sentence, Whitty surprises because Sunset suddenly hugs him tight.

"Thank you. Now I feel like I am a burden for you."

"Nah, don't say that. Besides, my time is nearly come so I have to teach you as much as I can." Whitty explains and Sunset feels sad about this. "Don't be like that, you have to move on," Sunset nods. " Anyway, let's get back to the topic, shall we?"

"Yeah, I ready."

"All right, let's move on. The contract summon is the one you sign the contract to, that one may be a monster or even someone, you can summon the ones your contract to," Whitty explains while drawing some pictures about the spell, "Normally, this contract must have the agreement of two sides, once they sign this contract, they can summon each other."

Whitty draws a monster and a human with a wall between them "Simply, people like to make a contract with the monsters. Once, because they like cute monsters and want to keep them as a pet. Also, monsters can help a lot with them, and many summoners manage to make a contract with a strong monster. "

"You mean summoners are some kind of mage right? I don't think Equestria even has a mage."

"Except an abnormal mage that I am hugging here," Whitty teases, making Sunset smile. "Anyway, the term "Summoner" will be right IF they can contract with many monsters. Besides, make a contract with many of them in trouble because they can break the contract anytime they want."

"I see. Have you ever signed a contract with someone?" Sunset asks, Whitty simply shakes his head.

"Sorry, I can't make contact with anyone, because....." Whitty suddenly stops with a sad face but Sunset puts her front hoofs on his head and shakes her head, making him blush "A-anyway, shapeshift spells are different from summoning spells. They release a certain amount of mana, then make it in the shape they want, and add some element to it." Whitty sees Sunset seem overload "Don't worry, this progress is happening very fast, the fastest one is not until one second. "

"Eh....like a fireball?" Sunset guesses

"Correct, you see the more you control more fluently, the faster that progress happens. Not everyone notices that, like you, can make a fire dragon in .... I don't know for one second? Meh, I don't care," Whitty erases the board, making Sunset glares at him, " Don't worry, I will give my lesson to you."

" Fine, I need them for my practice and I wanna research magic too," Whitty nods at Sunset's sentences.

"Anyway, controlling the mana is the most important thing for everyone, because ... let's see. Like this board, if I wanna enchant it, I have to add the mana slowly and slowly until it can't contain anymore. Too much, it will explode," Whitty explains. "This thing applies to everything that relates to magic. Transferring the magic power is an example. If you too rush, the body of people who give power will not contain anymore. Some will become crazy like an animal. Careful," Whitty warns, makes Sunset gulp.

"Okay, but I wanna use light and dark magic. Can you teach me some?" Sunset asked, making Whitty suspicious of her. But Sunset pulls her puppy eyes, he must agree about that.

"Fine, get up and we will start," Whitty says, "Oh anyway, tomorrow I will say everything basic about the elements of magic"

Sunset nods as the duo start to train light and dark magic.