• Published 3rd May 2021
  • 1,865 Views, 94 Comments

The Adventures Begin - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset get banished into another world and start a journey to come back home (With some help)

  • ...
26
 94
 1,865

Magic Theory

The team is coming back to the metal gate after they grab the CPU and the guns from the ghost. The robot sees them and turns to the team.

"Welcome back! Never thought you would come back so early," the robot says.

"It's fine. Anyway, you didn't introduce me to your name last time," Sunset waving her staff in the air. "And I honestly wonder how you built that gate so fast."

"Oh, this?" The robot points at the gate "This gate is built hastily when Arkon wakes up. But this will be useless when that Three-headed monster flies above it. Anyway, my name is T-86."

"Nice to meet you T-86, These are the things that you requested," Natalie says as she pulls out his CPU and his gun "Here you are," Natalie gave it to him.

"Thank you. You proved that you are a strong team" T-86 said as he takes his gun and his CPU "I am appreciative that you managed to take these things back. Now you can go into that gate anytime you want," he points at the gate. "we also have tents and some resting spot here though," then he points at the terrified tent "If..... you can repair it"

"Well, no thanks. We will have our own tent to rest, thanks for the offer," Lance shakes T-86's hand.

"If you insist. Oh, remember, any problem just ask me, I will help you if I can," then T-86 goes to his spot and guards the gate.


The team signs and they start to make their own tent. By the time it is finished, they start the campfire and ask T-86 to bring some food to make a hotpot. They eat, dance, and sing happily, but the boys are surprised that the girls can sing that well.

"Wow, I don't know you two can sing very well. Can you play some instruments? " Matt asks as he wanna know more about them

"Well, sadly no. While I am in the church, I sing every day and my voice becomes better time by time, but I stop when the church forces me to learn light magic," Natalie explained, she reveals a sad face when remembering the church.

" Me is like..... eh don't know what to do in free time so I decide to sing for fun whenever I am finished helping Celestia's job," Sunset answered, and kind of miss Equestria though but she has to move on. "Anyway, you have great cooking skills, Matt. Except, you made us eat the slimes before." Sunset shudders that memory while others have a green face.

"Well, I have been cooking since I know I don't have parents not here and have to survive. Honestly, I don't know how I'm cooking now." Matt explained while he wandered what a family is.

"Don't be like that Matt, you still have us to go with you because you drag us for your adventure," Lance pat Matt's back "Be strong." Lance's words make Matt smile. "If don't have you, we will not be here and sitting next to each other like this."

"Also you have some crazy mind to invite an alien like me to your party," Sunset feed Matt mushroom, makes Natalie quite jealous while Matt is surprised "Besides I am quite scared of myself now."

"How so? You really are a strong mage now, old mare," Matt's sentence makes Sunset glares at him for annoying.

" Honestly, first I don't know what is wrong with me now. I can stand many things that can kill any pony in my world. Second, I feel my magic is stronger right now. What if I lost control and harmed you guys?" Sunset wonders as she creates a small fire dragon and makes it fly around her front hoof.

"Nah, just keep using it to control it. And if you lose control, I will slap your face to wake you up. About your durability, maybe because you got hit by many strong monsters, and your...daredevil. " Matt wave his hand at her, make Sunset shudders

" Wow, you really don't know how to be a gentlecolt huh?" Sunset asks

"Gentlecolt or gentleman, I don't care, I just care my teammate is fine or not," Matt says, make the other laugh

"Anyway, can I talk with Natalie for a while? I need to talk to her about magic," Sunset asks to make the boys' eyes widen.

"You got some crazy ideas about magic right? Oh wait, you are not a normal mage in the beginning." Lance says and Sunset glares at him. "Fine, we will leave you two to prepare some sleeping spots.."


The boys start walking out of the campfire to leave them alone. Natalie is curious about Sunset's new idea about magic.

"So Natalie, can you tell me about the chanting magic? I see whenever you complete chanting, you cast a powerful spell enough to destroy the enemy." Sunset lies down and taking out the paper and pen that she asked T-86 to bring to her.

" Well, I am quite jealous of you when you use quick spells but you can cast many things maybe more powerful my chanting spell and new to me though," Natalie said, Sunset tilts her head for confusion "What is that face? You can summon a spell dragon even if you not chanting anything, and that call "Wyvern Slash"... well I don't know it powerful than my "Judgement" or not but I still see its power and the way you use it to combine with your teleport is very effective"

"Uh, I had to put myself in danger much time because I can't use two teleports between 5 seconds. Besides, you don't answer my question here," Sunset gonna continue to explain but get cut off by Natalie's hand that put on her mouth

" Let me finish, ok? " Sunset nod "Good. The way you use magic is very new in this world because no mage is daredevil like that in the past. I have tried to use spells in your way but .... no I can't do it."

"OK, thanks I guess." Sunset confused. "and now can you answer my question please so I can see if my idea can do or not"

"Fine. Whatever your idea is but I still explain this," Natalie starts answering "Now. I will talk about the basic chanting of the spell," Sunset ready nod. "Chanting the spell is means to focus the mana and speak magic words for casting powerful spells and also not to waste the mana you have in your body.

"I see. Meaning if you focus on one spell that is chanting then you can't do other dodges or blocks?" Sunset guesses and Natalie nods. "Well, maybe that spell does not fit me."

"Yep, without chanting the mana your cost will be triple maybe quadruple times than the mana you have chanted." Natalie explains and Sunset writes it on not "any questions?"

" That's all you know?" Sunset askes and Natalie nods " well, I thought I can use those magic words while I learned many of them while traveling."

" I'm just afraid that will waste," Natalie signs but still pat Sunset's back to comfort "Come on, let's sleep and we will have a lot of things to do tomorrow." Sunset nods to agree.



By the time the boys finish organizing the sleeping spot. The team makes themself as comfortable as they can, Lance and Natalie are guarding outside. Sunset is ready to go inside her body again.

Inside Sunset's body

Sunset found herself in her body halls again. She gets familiar with this feeling because that is the feeling of being hug by a dragon. Whitty is currently sleeping while hugging Sunset, his head resting on Sunset's shoulder makes her annoyed about Whitty's breathing.

"Hey hey, wake up please," Sunset shakes Whitty but the dragon hugs her even tighter, making her yelp. "WAKE UP!" Sunset yells at the dragon, makes him wake up, jerks back, and waves his claws on the air furiously.

"Whoa whoa...huh.. oh hey Sunset, why are you yelling at me? I am sleeping here you know?" Whitty complains and he returns to hugs Sunset. " So what are you wanna talk to me?"

"Just gonna ask you some questions about magic." Sunset said as Whitty's eyes widen " Don't be surprised because I have some theory about magic."

"I see... Hmm, I thought you are master of magic when you manage to beat me though." Whitty teased Sunset, making her glares at him, "Fine. What you wanna know about magic?"

"Well... I wanna know how I can use chanting spells while I am in close combat with the enemy." Sunset explains, which makes him surprised."I just think that if I can chant spells while in close combat, it will be good to do that." Sunset finishes the explanation. Whitty hears that and grins at her, making her uncomfortable about that.

"You think that will work?" Whitty asked as he put his face near her neck "you thinking that will be possible?" She simply nods, making Whitty laugh while Sunset is confused. "Maybe being defeated by you is the best choice of mine. Okay then, I will show you how it is even impossible to do that."

"Impossible? Why?" Sunset tilts head to confuse,

Whitty walks in front of and makes a fireball and an ice ball at two claws. "Like your friend Natalie said, it's a focus of your mana. Like you concentrated into one point, some mages can do it in two-point like this, as my balls," Whitty explains and he walks around Sunset. " Normally, a mage must lose about one year to do it. You are very different."

"How sơ? Like I can concentrate and do two spells at the same time?" Sunset asked as she rubs her front hoof to her back of the head.

"Remember what you do when you fight against Dark Golem. I remember it just 6 months since I met you, now you can contain a spell while doing another spell like teleport. Now I wonder how far you will go if you continue learning magic plus physics like this." Whitty explained as he throws away the balls "But I didn't see a mage can concentrate three points of mana before"

"I believed that someone could do that before. You know, you can't claim that thing while you just see," Sunset countered

"Nah, It's on the textbook and education for mage now," Whitty explained, as Sunset facehoof. "You are a special case here, but anyway there is a way to do is the magic weapon," Whitty suggested but Sunset feels amused. "What? .... oh wait your weapon is just a normal wooden staff, my bad."

" That's ok, but I feel like I wanna smash you with my staff," Sunset takes her staff, "But I need to learn magic though, even if that can be used or not."

"I believe you can do it. I will show you how to store a spell into a weapon," Whitty says as he pulls out a sword "Don't ask where I get this sword." He starts to concentrate on mana and chanting a spell to the sword. The sword has some kind of word fly around it, then he throws it, the sword is shining and later a fireball fly following it. "That is an example. Now start training." Sunset nods.

"OK, question?" Sunset wanna asked, "Can I store a powerful spell?"

"Oh, you can. But the weapon will be broken by the time the spell is cast because of overload." Whitty explained while seeing Sunset have something on her mind, he has to wait.

Sunset starts training how to store the spell into the weapon with the introduction of Whitty while try to concentrate the mana at three points. Begin the training, she creates a fire dragon and an ice dragon and keeps them flying around while chanting the spell to her weapon. At first, it exploded and sent her flying backward

" You can't do that, okay. It's impossible to transfer the mana at three goals," Whitty heals her "And you gonna hurt yourself a lot if you keep doing that."

"Nah, I have to prove that I can concentrate on three points, okay." Sunset rejects make Whitty faceclaw and sigh. It's gonna be a long day.