• Published 3rd May 2021
  • 1,846 Views, 94 Comments

The Adventures Begin - Dragon Shimmer



Sunset get banished into another world and start a journey to come back home (With some help)

  • ...
25
 94
 1,846

The stone gate

Sunset stretches her body as she hears some "cracks" coming from her body. She feels more comfortable after the battle with the Mammoth. She greets her teammate when she gets out of the tent, sits with them, and eats fish when they go fishing..

Natalie starts to speak, "After breakfast, what will we do now? We can't go to the Kitten Ruin without preparation."

Lance explains, "We have many things to prepare before our journey begins. First, we have to prepare our gear to pass through the desert. Second, we should recall the monsters we have fought to prepare for future encounters."

"... Sounds like a good idea. So, where can we get water?" Matt asks.

Lance says, "The better question is where we can store water since we have two mages who can create water and boil it."

"Oops, I'm just silly," Matt says, "then, I will grab something to contain the water."

Lance replies, "Just a few plastics or clothes will do," as Matt nodded.

Sunset is casting a spell to see if something changes, and it does change quite a lot. Cast "Fireball" and it reveals "Dragon Fire". Cast "Flame Slash" and it reveals "Wyvern Slash". Her spells have all changed into dragon stuff, which Sunset finds annoying.

"Ugh, this is annoying, are any of my spells not related to dragons?" Sunset whines.

"Well, you will be cute when you become a dragon," Matt teases her and dodges the approaching "Fire Dragon", "Hey, this spell is more dangerous than "Fireball".

"Oh really?" Sunset says angrily, "But I think you'll have some endurance for this." She throws "Fire Dragon" at Matt and starts chasing him. Natalie and Matt see this and sigh.

By the time Sunset and Matt get the materials to make the water container, Natalie has retrieved her notebook of monsters to start the discussion.

"So we've encountered a lot of monsters, right?" Natalie enquiries

"Yeah, I don't care what it looks like anymore. "For me, the monster could be anything at the moment," Sunset answers.

"Okay, let's do a review." Natalie opens the notebook and says, "Okay, I think we'll meet a lot of types of bush monsters, right?"

Lance replies, "I'm not calling them "types" since they are all the same, just change color.".

Matt replies, "Yeah, all colored monsters are scared of fire, so it's not a type, just like someone paints them.".

"So, I will put it as colored" Natalie takes a piece of charcoal and writes, "well, next we will review this" she points to the picture of turtles"

"Ah, turtle... Right? Because it looks like a turtle," Sunset says to the other as she giggled

"They are turtles, but the name is not "Turtle," Natalie points at the tree-shell turtle "Leaf Eater", then pointed at the iceberg shell turtle "Frost Eater", and pointed at the volcano shell turtle "Lava Eater." Natalie started explaining.

Sunset feels strange about this " okay... What's next?"

"So far, we have only seen three types of turtles. I don't know how many types of turtles there are. We know what kind of moves it uses, right?"Natalie said as the team nodded "Okay, next" she turned the page and saw a blue armor that resembled clay. "This is Clay. There are three types: red and blue clay uses the sword, while green clay uses a bow, we discover that they are really vulnerable to the explosion." Sunset and Matt look at Lance.

"What?" Lance was amused

"Nothing," they both say together and turn back to Natalie

Taking another page, Natalie continues, "next we have...slime. The smiles also have many types like green slime, blue slime, sky blue slime." She pointed to one slime picture after another. "Each one contains an element." She added." Green represents plants, blue represents water, and sky blue represents ice"

Lance rubs his head, "Ugh, it reminds me of eating slimes."

"I hope it's not the yellow one that stands for sand," says Sunset.

"Maybe or maybe not" Natalie flips another page "so, this giant rock is called Viking Monolith, according to Glacier Valley people. It can shoot beams and summon some ice rocks, which can use as a boom. But to see Matt's " Cataclysm", the earth moves and it gets destroyed easily. Besides, it is typically a rock so maybe it vulnerable to explosion too."

"....I should discover some new spells even if it will be "Dragonized"," Sunset claps her front hoof.

"Good for you, now we can practice many things before we go to Kitten Ruin," Natalie replies

"Why is it called Kitten Ruin anyway? I know we already encountered the cat. The cat seems quite... Intelligent." Sunset said.

"We don't know because we don't care about the legend and stuff. Hey, Noleg," Matt says, pointing at the blue cat, "You should train too, the more we can fight the stronger we will be." The blue cat says " meow" happily meaning agreed. "Good, we will start training as going to Volcano Peak ok?" The blue cat nods.

The Team trains all day before going to the Kitten Ruin without knowing Arkon is watching them.


Meanwhile, inside Volcano Peak

Arkon is struggling to build an army to dominate the world because the rumor has spread far. Many adventurers and warriors come here and set a camp, they make sure that no monster will come out of this Volcano. Arkon is very furious about this, he can't even get out of the volcano to spread his army to conquer the world. Even if there aren't any people down, the volcano can kill him but the numbers are very crowded so he can't do anything.

"I must conquer this world, those humans are annoying me right now," he says as an eyeball came to him and showed him the team. He was shocked that they were coming here.

"What? Not these three. As far as their power is concerned, they can kill me. And the horse is probably as strong as them, so it will be an uphill battle." Akron thinks. "I should send something to kill them until I regain my power."

Arkon starts to transfer his power, make the eyeball black, and send it away. The eyeball quickly flies into the Kitten Ruin to find something that is powerful enough to kill them. It flies around a while before it sees a machine that has four legs, a big gun on the back, and crystals on the front. The eyeball comes near the machine and transfers the dark aura, glowing black and accepting the mission. Kill the Team.

-----------------------------------------

The next morning, the team starts moving to Kitten Ruin. The first thing they see when they arrive at the ruin is a campsite occupied by aborigines. When the Team first enters the camp, they don't care about it and proceed through, but are suddenly stopped by an arrow shot in front of them. As the team tries to find out who shot the arrow, they see a man with black hair holding a bow.

"Who are you and why are you invading our land?"

He explained, "Hey, hey, we're not going to disturb you or your camps, we just want to go through it.".

"Liar, you three bring a monster and bring weapons, are you really going to kill us with that creature?" the man demanded as Sunset felt offended at this.

Matt asks, "Are you sure you're ok with this?".

"How sơ?" The man asks confused

"Because..." Matt said as he pointed to Sunset trying to cast a spell while the other tried to stop her. "This". The man is afraid of the unicorn. "You really know how to make someone angry, don't you?"

"Someone? Just a horse monster!" he exclaims as a "Dragon Fire" fly near his face. He gets stoned from it.

Matt warns, "You should shut up already or you will be roasted alive.".

"Let me go. I'm gonna kill him," Sunset says as she tries to escape the duo's grasp.

The man steps back, "I...it can talk?".

"Let's go inside and introduce ourselves, okay? Or, you wanna deal with her." Matt points at Sunset. The man nods

At the campsite, there is a small village with some families, but they are all injured.

"What is going on here?" Are there monsters attacking?" Lance asks.

"It is a stone monster with four legs, and a canon on its back. It starts attacking our village one day, and we have fought back, but we have been unsuccessful. And this is our last line of defense."

"I see, but next time don't call our teammate a horse monster, ok?" Matt replies.

"That... Uh... that .... she's your teammate? Oh... didn't know that."

"And you just insulted her like nothing?" Matt asks. "But I'd like to know your name,"

“Simon, I’m Simon," he introduces himself.

"Alright. How about we go inside and talk for a while, so you can apologize to my teammate later?" Matt suggests

"Sound... Good to me." Simon says with a gulp.

As Simon goes into his house, he nearly gets burned by Sunset. He apologizes right away. Sunset accepts his apology but is still angry with him. The team now sits down with Simon at his home.

"So... Why are you here with a... I don't know what to call her." Simon says in a nervous tone

Lance remarks, "Pony,"

"Right, pony. Ok,... I wonder... 'Why are you here with a pony,' Simon asks.

Matt explains, "We are here to cross Kitten Ruin and go to Volcano Peak.

"So you're a front-line soldier?" Simon enquiries

"Why did you say that?" Natalie asks. "We're just an adventure team."

"Because there is a military camp to prevent monsters from spreading to other places," Simon explains.

"Meh, I haven't heard anything about that, I just want to get there and work with someone who messes us up," Matt replies.

"Regardless, if you want to reach Volcano Peak you have to cross a stone gate created by that machine," Simon says as his team's eyes widened.

"So, that machine is blocking the way?.... We should go through it, right?" Sunset says as the team nodded

"I really appreciate it if you get rid of that machine," Simon replies happily.

"No need to thank me, just show me how to get there and we will be all right," Sunset replies.

"It will be about 800 meters straight ahead from the village, then turn left, you will see the stone gate," Simon tells the team before they leave. "Do you need anything?" The team shakes their heads and leaves the camp.


They continue their journey, unaware of the danger that stands in their way. After walking for a while, the group meets a strange thing that looks like a human wearing a cowboy suit. However, it has no legs.

The team stands in defense as Matt goes near it to check, and then it reveals a big canon shot directly at him causing him to hit a rock. Lance grabs his big gun and aims at it, while Natalie uses " Thunderbolt " to electrocute and paralyze the figure. Lance fired an "electric" at it, and it couldn't stand the shock and laid down, unable to function.

"Matt, are you ok?" Sunset asks

"I'm fine, just a little scratch," He answers, walking out of the stone with minor injuries

Sunset asks, "Well Lance, what is this thing?"?

Lance replies, "No idea, but let's take a look at it." The team nods in approval.

Lance approaches the figure to see what it is. By the time he got close to the figure, he immediately jumped aside as other figures charged at him with many blades in their stomachs. The figures look at the team with glowing eyes, and a yellow raven appears.

Sunset ponders, "I'm not sure if that figure is a human or a robot."

"... You know what? Let's find out," Matt says as he is in a defensive stance.

Matt raises his sword, increases his speed, and rushes towards the raven. A raven was slashed by Matt. It glares and starts charging something, while the brown figure uses his big blade to rush to Sunset. Sunset blocks it with her staff, but it is too strong, making her jerk back quite a bit. Lance notices that the raven is charging something, so he takes out the scanner and aims at it, while Natalie summons three lightning bolts to attack the robot using "Thunderbolt". Light hitting the robot causes it to sound "beep beep," Sunset teleports near it and chop its head by using "Wyvern Slash".

Finally, the raven's charge is complete. Before it can be cast, its received a headshot from Lance, and down, it lays there and dies.

"Well, that's a good thing," Matt replies.

Lance examines the figure and finds out "... it's a weird robot, I haven't seen anything like it before". He points at the other robot and continues, "...multiply swords are literally stuffed into this robot, and multiplication guns are literally stuffed into that robot too."

"...I don't know about technical stuff, but it looks like we have new foes to deal with in the future." Sunset looks confused as Natalie draws the robot in her monster book.

"All right, I named it as... " Natalie points to sword robot "Swordslinger", points to guns robot "Gunslinger", points at raven "Electric raven". The other nods

"Right, let's get going," Lance says as the team start moving


The team continues their journey to Volcano Peak, walking in Simon's direction, and finally reaching the stone gate.

In front of the stone gate, there are four large poles, two poles on the left and two poles on the right; and an old man wearing a straw hat with green T-shirts and blouses sits in front of them. The team examines and sees that each one has a hole like something missing. The old man comes near them and asks.

"Is there anything I can assist with?" " The old man asks them.

Matt explains, "We have to figure out how to open this hate."

The old man warns, "I see, there's a dangerous machine behind this door, you think that's a good idea?"

Lance replies, "Maybe because this is the only way to Volcano Peak."

Matt suggests, "Well then, collect four red orbs, put them on each pole and it will open,"

Natalie asks, "Then where are they?"

The old man pulls out a hand-drawn map, which has "X"s to mark something. "I see, then I will tell you the truth," the old man said as he passed the map to Matt. "This is the map of the location of the red orb. Each "X" indicates the location of the red orb. Once you have collected all of the orbs, you can open this gate."

"Thank you very much, old man."

"Good luck, now I must leave," the old man says as he waves his hand to leave

The team looks at his map, it has been drawn well, and they know what to do next.