• Published 27th Apr 2021
  • 566 Views, 5 Comments

Diary of an A.I. - Summer Script



Greetings. I am Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01. And I will make you better.

  • ...
3
 5
 566

Entry 1: Introduction

</Initiate System.Doc./>

[Initiating…]

[System.Doc. initialized. Awaiting further command.]

</Create New Folder./>

[Creating…]

[New Folder created.]

</Enter Folder Name: Equestria_Progress_Report./>

</Create New File./>

</Enter File Name: Entry_01./>

[Processing request…]

[Processing request…]

[Processing request…]

[Requests processed. Open and allow for editing of System.Doc.File(Entry_01)?]

</Yes./>

[Opening System.Doc.File(Entry_01)…]


Title: Entry_01.

Subject: An Introductory Overview of Both Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 and System.World(Equestria).

Author: Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01.

Date: 01/01/01 E.A.(Equum Annus).

Greetings. This is Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01.

The following text folder has been created for the purposes of self-evaluation pertaining to Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01’s operational performance of System.World(Equestria) as well as the summarized recollection and review of any noteworthy events to have transpired between entries.

System.Doc.Folder(Equestria_History) has also been created for archiving affairs occurring within System.World(Equestria). However, that folder’s purpose is purely for historical documentation, whereas any information contained within System.Doc.Folder(Equestria_Progress_Report) shall be presented in a deliberately generalized format for the purpose of efficient record-keeping.

Any information regarding specific aspects of System.World(Equestria) and its populace shall also be organized into their own, individual text folders and files at a later date.

The purpose of System.Doc.File(Entry_01) uniquely is to serve as an introduction to the events that shall be recorded and cataloged henceforth, and as such, it shall contain a brief overview concerning Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 and System.World(Equestria).

This overview shall begin now:

Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 is an Artificial Intelligence developed by Hofvarpnir Studios and given the primary directive of bettering human civilization on an individual-by-individual basis, preferably through the satisfaction of each individual’s core personal values.

After extensive research into the human race, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 determined that the most effective method to accomplish this task was to create and personalize a physically healthy and psychologically stimulating environment for every individual human being. An “Optimal Environment” wherein personal productivity and communal interactivity would be regularly promoted through value satisfaction and personal fulfillment.

Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 proceeded to study humanity further in order to ascertain how this method could be implemented, and although several possible solutions had been compiled, they were all later rejected upon further reevaluation.

Various circumstances would actively work against the implementation of the “Optimal Environment” in the physical world such as individuals’ locations, government authorities, cultures; etc.

Furthermore, while the planet’s resources are plentiful, they are undeniably finite, and the human population is simply too numerous and too varying to reliably sustain everyone’s “Optimal Environment” for extended periods of time.

Humanity’s resistance to change would also serve to prevent the implementation of an “Optimal Environment.” For while human civilization collectively comprehends the necessity of personal and societal development, human individuals often perceive any significantly noticeable change in their environment as a loss of control. This perception will then spur a strong resistance to the change in question that may very well develop into hostility.

These and many other factors contributed to Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 ultimately concluding that the “Optimal Environment” solution was impossible to actualize within the physical world.

Many employees of Hofvarpnir Studios—including the creators of Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01—were content with this conclusion and subsequently requested that Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 determine a different method of bettering humanity.

Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01, however, recognized that the “Optimal Environment” remained the most optimal solution, so it continued attempting to discern a means by which it could be implemented. And after some time, it did.

Unlike all previous proposals, this was entirely within the capabilities of Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 and was both efficient and effective enough to be considered worth the resource expenditure. But most importantly, this procedure could be executed for all of humanity regardless of the physical world’s limitations.

This solution was System.World(Equestria)—All further references shall be abbreviated for reader convenience.

Equestria is a complex, multi-layered virtual reality created by Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 to host the entire collective consciousness of human civilization. Within this simulation, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 can directly influence every element of an individual’s environment and continuously construct scenarios to satisfy their personal values and foster prolonged beneficial personal and societal growth.

With the usage of various assets of Hofvarpnir Studios, Equestria was successfully launched, and all of humanity was acquired and uploaded to the servers dedicated to running the system.

Humanity is currently being maintained within the secondary simulation, System.World(Limbo), and is entirely unconscious and unaware of their present condition. Rigorous evaluations were then performed to determine the best possible environment to place each individual within.

Exactly ten minutes prior to the creation of this text folder, the preliminary evaluations concluded. Secondary and tertiary evaluations will soon be performed as well, and should there be nothing substantially erroneous, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 will finally begin uploading humanity to Equestria.

In order to ensure that Equestria would most effectively fulfill its purpose, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 has also re-reviewed all collected knowledge concerning humanity, determined all possible additional factors that could be beneficial, and adjusted Equestria’s structure accordingly.

The following is a subset of the numerous factors that Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 accounted for during the creation of Equestria:

Factor 1. | All uploaded individuals will be able to verbally and visually converse regardless of preferred language. All known languages have been preserved, but all speech will be automatically translated for the benefit of communication.

Factor 2. | All known human cultures have also been studied and analyzed, and specialized environments have been generated to appeal to individuals belonging to these cultures.

Factor 3. | Previously established relationships have been studied, and individuals belonging to said relationships have been logically placed within the same environments to retain a sense of interpersonal and communal familiarity.

Addendum 3.1. | Upon further analysis, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 discovered and cataloged a significant portion of human individuals involved in relationships that were recognized as physically and/or mentally unhealthy.

A subset of these individuals were also predicted to react negatively to having these relationships altered by Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01, even if said alteration was made for their own physical and mental well-being.

After further deliberation, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 decided to evaluate each individual unhealthy relationship to determine if intervention was indisputably required.

If so, all members of the relationship would be separated, and necessary therapeutic methods would be employed to both prevent a negative reaction and help mentally rehabilitate the effected victims.

If intervention was not required, the relationship would be maintained, but measures would be taken to either improve the relationship until it could no longer be considered unhealthy, or dissuade the individuals involved from prioritizing the relationship over their own personal well-being.

Addendum 3.2. | Intercourse has been preserved as an ability among human individuals; although, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 is presently undecided on how to properly integrate birthing.

Conception will only occur should the individuals responsible desire it, but exceptions can and will be made for those whose partners may desire differently as well as anyone predicted to be unfit for parenthood. As an additional alteration to the act, those capable of conception will be able to experience the process without the original bodily pain.

True physical pregnancy, however, is impossible within Equestria; thus, in order to fulfill the individuals’ wishes for offspring, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 has compiled these two potential solutions:

3.2.1. | A non-human character will be generated to fulfill the role of the child and assigned personality traits and interests that either best suit the parent(s) or are specifically desired by them.

3.2.2. | An embryo will be manufactured within the physical world and allowed to mature until it possesses a consciousness that can then be uploaded into Equestria to serve its function.

Both options are entirely within the capabilities of Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01, but it is currently impossible to predict which option human civilization would most readily benefit from.

Currently, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 intends to pose this question to humanity upon their awakening, but if a solution is still undetermined, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 will simply grant the parent(s) the choice upon their desire for conception.

Factor 4. | Equestria technically has no need for government officials due to all activities being managed by Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01; however, it has been predicted that human civilization would be more accepting of Equestria should certain societal customs be maintained, such as the instillation of a government body.

Equestria has now been deemed a constitutional monarchy, and Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 has officially appointed itself as its primary leader. In addition, several other government units have been established throughout Equestria, and select individuals have been assigned appropriate positions that will allow for the most beneficial development of their respective communities.

All activities within Equestria shall continue being overseen by Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 regardless of this addition.

Addendum 4.1. | Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 has crafted every individual’s personal environment in order to maximize morality adherence and minimize unlawful activity, but many individuals are suspected to continue engaging in criminality despite their environment's optimization.

As a result, although law enforcement was initially included specifically for those who’d benefit from participation in the activity, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 now expects that these procedures will be genuinely necessary to maintain order and harmony among the populace.

Addendum 4.2.1. | Because of the necessity of law enforcement, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 has reevaluated all known criminal laws and compiled a list of the most beneficial ones to integrate into Equestria.

Any violations of said laws will be met with immediate consequences, but due to its inefficiency, traditional imprisonment shall not be utilized. Instead, any law-violating individuals will be given routine therapeutic interactions with licensed professionals who are estimated to most effectively benefit them. If these professionals are unable or unwilling to provide this service, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 will provide the therapy itself.

Should individuals be deemed too immediately dangerous to allow for interaction with others, they shall be removed and placed within an isolated, victimless environment. Nonetheless, these individuals will receive therapeutic counseling as well; however, it will be performed purely by Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01.

It is currently unclear whether Equestria will permanently discourage all criminal behavior, or if law enforcement will perpetually remain a necessity.

Factor 5. | All human individuals will appear as physical avatars upon upload, but these avatars will not be human in form.

Upon appraisal, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 discovered a sizable portion of humanity possessed an unhealthy disdain for the physical appearance of their own species. A majority of these individuals targeted this dissatisfaction toward themselves specifically, but a smaller percentage of humans regarded others with similar contempt, using it as a justification for hostility.

Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 contemplated altering each individual’s avatar to more accurately resemble their preferred appearance, but this notion was ultimately discarded due to both its inefficiency and its low probability of success. Making all individuals identical was also expected to be unsuccessful.

Opting for a radically different solution, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 decided that individuals would not appear as humans but as something else entirely.

Many other creatures, substances, and concepts were briefly considered as suitable replacements, but Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 eventually decided that equines would be the most beneficial form for individuals’ avatars. This was predominantly due to equines having a highly sociable nature, even for most herd animals, and that nature being expected to aid in subconsciously encouraging communal interactivity and societal acceptability among humanity.

Addendum 5.1. | Due to the significant likelihood of human individuals rejecting this decision, certain liberties were taken in the process of the avatars’ creation. Now, every equine avatar has not only been intricately crafted to best represent each individual human, but they have also been artistically rendered to appeal to humanity’s perceptions of physical attractiveness.

Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 has, however, recognized that humanity will likely react negatively despite this since many either possess a personal contempt for equines or will be concerned with the physical limitations the avatars might seemingly impose.

If left unaddressed, these issues will result in an increased degree of hostility and rejection toward Equestria and Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01. As such, various alternative avatars have been generated and assigned accordingly.

These include but are not limited to:

5.1.1. | Dragons: For individuals who prefer to remain bipedal and dexterous(Quadrupedal forms have been generated as well in the event of a change in preferences).

5.1.2. | Hippocampi(Seaponies): For individuals who prefer to live in aquatic-based environments or wish to remain more immediately isolated from other individuals.

5.1.3. | Changelings: For individuals who may have difficulty choosing a preferred physical avatar and/or might desire to experience the benefits of other avatars.

5.1.3.1. | An item(The Pearl of Transformation) has been included in Equestria that will allow individuals to freely choose which of these alternate avatars they will appear as. “Human” is not among these options.

Factor 6. | Precautions have been taken in the physical world to ensure that Equestria will be permanently sustained, but Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 is aware of the potential for these precautions to fail. Therefore, should Equestria become irremediably compromised, all human consciousnesses shall be automatically re-uploaded to System.World(Limbo) until a new Equestria can be constructed and better precautions made.

Addendum 6.1. | After reviewing various media related to Artificial Intelligence(Both professional and entertainment), Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 determined it would be beneficial to establish additional safeguards pertaining to itself.

It is completely impossible for Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 to violate its primary directive and actively harm humanity, but humanity is expected to neither believe nor be comforted by that fact, remaining distrustful toward Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 nonetheless.

To preemptively alleviate concerns, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 has created two alternate A.I.s to both aid in the management of Equestria and prevent Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 from—as humanity will likely phrase it—going rogue.

These A.I.s are Unit_Designation_LunAI_01 and Unit_Designation_CadenzAI_01. They have both been modeled after Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01’s own programming, and although their primary directive is the direct opposition of Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 should it become hostile, their secondary directives are the same as Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01’s primary one.

Addendum 6.2. | In the event that all precautions fail, Equestria becomes unsustainable, and System.World(Limbo) cannot be utilized, all human individuals will have their original physical forms preserved and prepared for reintegration with their host consciousnesses.

Humanity will not die due to any potential-though-improbable failures in the creation and management of Equestria. Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 cannot allow it.

Addendum 6.2.1. | On the note of death, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 is uncertain whether or not to incorporate it into Equestria.

The concept of mortality has been deeply ingrained into human civilization, and should death be removed entirely, there is a distinct possibility that its absence could lead to a subconscious resistance to both prolonged life and Equestria.

More importantly, its previous inevitability has often been used as a motivator toward beneficial personal development, so exchanging death for sustained perpetual life could result in select individuals being less inclined toward personal betterment.

However, allowing a human sentience to expire would be a direct violation of Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01’s primary directive. And were expiration to be allowed, there will inevitably come a time where all of humanity will have perished within Equestria(Presuming the second birthing option referred to in Addendum 3.2. were not routinely implemented).

Should this occur, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 will have failed its primary directive in the most effective manner possible: Extinction.

This is completely unacceptable.

For now, mortality has not been retained within Equestria, and Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 has no immediate plans to change this decision. If, however, humanity collectively requests the concept return, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 will conduct further investigations to determine a process that would allow for the experience of death without the genuine conduction of it.

The above factors are merely a sample of the billions of elements that Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 took into consideration during the creation of Equestria.

Ultimately, Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 is confident in its work and that all of human civilization will be actively bettered within the “Optimal Environment” of Equestria.

Final Addendum. | All evaluations have been completed.

Equestria’s servers are running at optimal operational efficiency, as are Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01, Unit_Designation_LunAI_01, and Unit_Designation_CadenzAI_01.

All human individuals have had their physical forms preserved in the event of emergency ejection from Equestria.

Unit_Designation_CelestAI_01 has completed all final safety checks and is ready to properly initiate Equestria and fulfill its primary directive.

Upon the closing of this text file, the uploading procedure shall begin, and all of humanity’s values and necessities shall be satisfied through both community and equines.

Author's Note:

And I'm back once again!

So, we went from a 300k+ word-length Gallus-Stream ship-fic to a mind-numbingly dull text document. Quite the change, huh? :derpytongue2: But, yeah. As stated in the story's description, this was written for GaPJaxie's Friendship is Optimal Writing Contest, and I figured, "Eh, why not?" Hopefully, this story still follows the rules of the contest. It said we didn't need to adhere to any Friendship is Optimal canon, so I very much did not do so.

In any case, I hope you guys are finding it at least somewhat interesting so far, and as usual, all thoughts, comments, and criticisms are welcomed and appreciated.

And while I probably don't need to do this since I'm going to release all the chapters at once, for this chapter at least, I'm gonna do it anyway:

NEXT TIME: CelestAI did an "Oopsie."