• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 401 Views, 68 Comments

The First Changeling-Pony War - MlpHero



Thousands of years before the Mane Six, before harmony, Equestria was plunged into a four year conflict between the ponies and changelings. The four year conflict will shake the country and everyone in it to its core. Especially those on the front...

  • ...
5
 68
 401

Meeting

Foresight and his squad stood around Kater’s bed. Lyce and Foresight looked at Curvature. He pushed his glasses up slightly. Foresight didn’t noticed it earlier, but Curvature had a brown mane.

“You know Curvature, you’re the first changeling I’ve seen with a mane other than Chrysalis.”

Curvature chuckled. “I hear that a lot.”

Foresight smiled, before looking around. Lyce sighed, looking at one of the doctors with worried eyes. “Will uh… will she be alright?”

The doctor nodded. “Mhm. She’ll be fine.”

Lyce breathed a bit easier, before looking at the other two. They didn’t need to hear a single word. They were just about to leave when the door opened. They expected Granite, but instead, a greenish grey hoof stepped through.

“General Vertex!” Foresight said, surprised.

The three changelings threw up a salute as the general stepped through. Vertex, a changeling with a birth defect that left his chitin greenish-grey and gave him red eyes, wings, and carapace, stepped through the door, he’s medals and ribbons on display. He smiled and saluted.

“Heheh, at ease, lads.”

They eased up. Vertex closed the door, then walked over to Kater’s bed.

Lyce smiled. “Well, we should get going sir. Granite’s gonna chew us out.”

“Actually, you’ve all been pardoned.”

Curvature blinked. “Really? By who?”

“By me.” Vertex rubbed a wet towel on Kater’s head. “You three learned the most important lesson about war. Never leave behind someone you can save,” he said confidentially. “After all, it is our motto, right? No Bug Left Behind.”

The three nodded.

“Heh. You three should head to the messhall.”

They nodded and began to leave.

“Oh and Foresight? Chrysalis wants you to report to her. Asap.”

Foresight froze and nodded. “Y-Yes sir.”

With that, the three changelings left, two heading for the messhall, one heading for the throne room.

~~~

Foresight stepped through the double doors of the throne room. Walking in felt like opening his eyes for the first time. It always has been. Stepping into the throne room was practically a blessing. Foresight looked up to see Chrysalis sitting on her throne, reading something off a sheet of paper. He stepped up in front of the throne. “Uh, your majesty?”

Chrysalis looked up. “Ah, Foresight! Welcome!” She stood from her throne, walking over.

Foresight stepped up, smiling a bit. “You called me here, correct?”

Chrysalis nodded. “Oh, right. Come here.”

Chrysalis led Foresight over to a table, where a large map sat. The map displayed Equestria, with several changeling figurines and other small items on displaying key points on the map, like fortresses and battalion locations.

Foresight looked at it, confused. “What’s all this?”

Chrysalis smiled. “It’s a map of Equestria.” She pointed at the grey squares. “This is ours, and the white squares are the ponies.” She sighed, looking at the map. “We’re having a land dispute with the ponies. They’ve built some forts past the border lines…”

Foresight looked at the map. True enough, there were some Equestrian forts on the changeling’s side of the borders.

Chrysalis looked over to Foresight. “I’m going to Canterlot in a few hours.”

He nodded. “He’s ma’am. But, what’d you need me for?”

“Well, I might need some extra muscle, so I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and some of the First to offer some protection.”

Foresight smiled and nodded. “Y-Yes ma’am!”

She chuckled and nodded, then smirked. “Is there anyone you’d like to take with you?”

Foresight felt an increase in his heartbeat as she smirked. “Well… my friends could use the extra down time.”

Her smirk turned into a sweet smile. “Consider it done.” She leaned down and kissed him on the forehead, before waving him off.

He squeaked and blushed, before nodding and trotting out. She chuckled, watching as he left.

“The quiet ones are always the cutest.”

~~~

A few hours later…

Foresight yawned, his eyes opening. “We there yet?”

Lyce chuckled. “Yep. We’re just through the gate.”

Foresight looked around the wagon, yawning. Behind their wagon was Chrysalis’ carriage. Vertex was sitting beside her, holding his crossbow. Foresight heard several giggles.

“Sighty loves Chryssi~!”

Foresight felt his body burn with embarrassment. “C-Can you guys shut up?!” He snapped.

The others giggled. Lyce smirked. “Oh come, Foresight. She already kissed you!”

Foresight blushed. “She’s kissed all of us at some point. Surprised she didn’t get Chlamydia from Baxter.”

“Hey! Buck you!”

The group laughed, leaving Baxter to pout.

Lyce leaned out, taking pictures. “Poor Kater. She’s missing all the hot guys.”

“Yeah, she- wait what?” Curvature looked over.

“I mean, yeah. Every stallion here is well bred!” Lyce took another picture, before having to duck, as an apple came flying into the wagon. She squeaked, dropping her camera. However, as she turned, her lips connected with Baxter. Foresight quickly picked the camera up and snapped a picture of the two. They shrieked and lunged at him.

~~~

The wagons finally came to a stop. Chrysalis hopped out of the carriage, walking over to the wagon. She smiled, opening the door, then stared silently.

Foresight was in a heap in the corner. Lyce and Baxter were panting, holding a camera, watching as a picture was printed out. Chrysalis took the camera from them, examining it.

“No!!”

Too late. Chrysalis burst out laughing, before showing the picture to Vertex. To his credit, he tried to stay professional, but he broke as well, laughing.

Lyce and Baxter felt their bodies turn red, both from embarrassment and anger. They stepped out, leaving Curvature and Foresight in the wagon. Chrysalis gave Lyce the camera, before letting Curvature out. She then lifted Foresight out and placed him on the ground. It took him a while to stand, but he did eventually. She giggled and walked off.

Lyce and Baxter giggled. “See? She’s into you!” Baxter teased.

“It’s not like that!” Foresight said. “I’m still unblooded.”

“What?” Lyce asked sarcastically. “You mean to tell me she didn’t ride you like a wagon?!”

Foresight blushed. “Shut up… I’m unblooded and will stay unblooded.”

“That’s what they all say~”

Foresight rolled his eyes and followed Chrysalis as she walked towards the castle.

~~~

Silverfang followed Luna as she walked through the hallways.

“Where are we going?”

Luna looked down. “A meeting. Queen Chrysalis has requested to speak with us.”

Silverfang blinked. “Um… why?”

Luna sighed, opening the door to the meeting room. “Uh, you see, we accidentally ended up building three forts on her territory.”

“Accidentally?” Silver asked, a bit skeptical.

“Okay, we deliberately built them.” Luna sighed, turning to the Thestral. “But she doesn’t even use land outside of the hive’s borders. We didn’t think she’d notice a few stretches of barren plains gone!”

Silver shrugged. Luna had a point.

The two continued walking, stopping at a set of double doors. The two Royal Guards let them in.

At the oval table sat Celestia, Chrysalis, and a few changelings. The two sat down looking around.

“Well then… let’s begin.”