• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 210 Views, 2 Comments

Sombra’s Terrible Time - Badguy400



Something that everyone deals with whenever it involves music

  • ...
 2
 210

Get Out of my Head!

King Sombra is grumbling to himself. Reason is that he has a song stuck in his head. What kind of song? The kind that gets stuck in people’s heads; depending on what song it is. Flurry Heart’s parents get nursery rhymes stuck in their heads due to their daughter harmonizing it for them. She would’ve sang the song too, but Flurry Heart is still a baby. So with that; she did what any other baby would do; harmonize, or sound it out through any means necessary. Even if it means using her own body to do it; which could sometimes lead to diaper changes. But enough about that. This is a story about how King Sombra has a song stuck in his head, and how someone, or somepony is gonna help him. How? Well just read this story, and find out... .


“I can’t get this song out of my head. It’s so annoying!” Sombra thinks to himself. “Why did I think about listening to that song. It’s so annoying!” Sombra then proceeds to hit his head with his fore hoof; hoping that the song will go away if he does that. Unfortunately; it doesn’t. And with that; he screams. “Can’t anypony help me?!”

After a few minutes; Sweetie Belle approached him, and says; “oh; hey Sombra. What brings you here?” Sombra; having enough as it is, says sarcastically; “oh.. not much really... . Except for the fact that this stupid song is stuck in my head!” Sweetie Belle gasped, then said; “that’s horrible. How did that happen?” Sombra looked at Sweetie Belle with big eyes filled with rage; (not directed towards her of course); takes a deep breath, and says; “well... . It all began when I was brought back into this world of Equestria....”.

After a long hour telling how he got here, King Sombra then finished; “and that’s how I got this song stuck in my head; okay?” Sweetie Belle however was fast asleep; as she gotten bored of listening to Sombra’s story after five minutes. Feeling insulted; King Sombra flicked her on the forehead, and says; “hey; wake up. I’m not finished with you yet.” Having felt what Sombra did; Sweetie Belle woke up, and rubbed her forehead saying; “ow... . That hurt... .” Sombra sighs, then says; “sorry kid. But you fell asleep. Want me to retell the story again?” Not wanting to get bored; Sweetie Belle quickly states; “no no.. I’m good. I think I got it all down.” Sombra then asks; “you sure?” Sweetie Belle nodded, then said; “yeah.. I’m sure. Thanks.” Sombra then said; “no problem”, and wrapped a hoof around Sweetie Belle.

Wanting to break the awkward silence that followed; Sweetie Belle asked; “so... . What song is it?” Sombra sighs, then says; “you really wanna know?” Feeling hesitant; Sweetie Belle replied; “maybe?.... .” Sombra sighs again, then says; “okay... . But don’t say I didn’t warn you.” and then proceeded to tell Sweetie Belle the song that he has stuck in his head.

After a few minutes; Sweetie Belle gasped again, then says; “that’s awful! That song always gets stuck in my head too!” Sombra; having been surprised to hear this, says; “seriously? You too?” Sweetie Belle nodded, but then took a deep breath to calm herself down, and says; “yeah... but it’s no biggie, really.” Sombra asked; “you sure?” Sweetie Belle nodded; “mhmm. And you know...” she began as she leaned close to him, and says; “there is this one little thing that always helps me get certain songs out of my head. You wanna know what it is?” Sombra then held Sweetie Belle close to him, and says; “I suppose so. What is it?” Sweetie Belle nuzzled against him, and says; “whenever I get songs stuck in my head; I usually just stop whatever it is that I’m doing, and I just dance it out whilst singing to it. Okay?” Sombra paused, then said; “okay”, and stands up. “But are you sure about that? I’m not usually the singing type.” Sweetie Belle giggles, then says; “it’s okay”, and grabs onto one of King Sombra’s fore hooves. “I’ll show you. Watch.” With that; Sweetie Belle began to dance with Sombra, and keeps showing him.


Few hours have passed, and it seems that King Sombra and Sweetie Belle are still going at it. Dancing, singing, laughing, and overall just having fun and not thinking about the song that’s stuck in Sombra’s head.

After a few more twists and twirls; they both stopped to catch their breaths, and then Sweetie Belle began; “wow... you’re a really great dancer... . *phew*. How’d you do it?” Sombra was catching his breath still, and then replies; “simple.... . *panting*. I would occasionally dance with Cozy Glow whenever she were to spend some time with me.” Sweetie Belle paused for a second, and then says; “oh... okay. *phew*. That makes sense... *is panting now*”. After a few minutes of catching their breaths; King Sombra got up, and says; “well; thanks kid. I’ll see you around.” But before he could leave; Sweetie Belle said; “wait!” and caught up to him. “Can I have one more dance? Please?” Hesitant; King Sombra says; “I don’t know kid... it’s late. And I really don’t want you to get in trouble for staying up too late; you know?” Sweetie Belle then looked at King Sombra with big baby eyes; pleading for just one last dance with him. Sighing, and with a smile; King Sombra picked up Sweetie Belle, and says; “okay buddy, but just one more, and that’s it. Okay?” Happy; Sweetie Belle hugged King Sombra tightly, and then says; “thank you”, while being placed back on her hooves. With that; Sweetie Belle and King Sombra have began to dance the night away.

Soon after that was done and dealt with; they both went their separate ways. Sweetie Belle went back to her sister’s boutique, and had a good memory to think about. While King Sombra however; went back to the Everfree Forest, and entered his log cabin to dance, and sleep the night away; (as he’s surprisingly very good with building shelter). With that; the sky turns dark, and everyone and everypony fell fast asleep.

The end.

Comments ( 2 )

That was cool to read.

10784910
Thanks for the read. And I hope that getting a song stuck in your head doesn’t happen to you :D

Login or register to comment