• Published 4th May 2021
  • 3,276 Views, 6 Comments

A Secret Admirer 2: How to Cuddle Your Dragon - 1jckuhn



After Spike becomes more than friends with the Mane 6, CMC, Gabby Starlight, and Smolder, his harem and he put a system in place where he gets hang out with each member during the day and to have a snuggle session each night with that same member.

  • ...
9
 6
 3,276

Chapter IX: Smolder

THE NEXT MORNING, 9:12 A.M.

Spike let out a yawn and went to stretch only to find his arms still locked tight against his sides and Sweetie Belle still on top of him. Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom looked at him with half lidded eyes and smiles.

"Good morning, handsome," Apple Bloom cooed.

"From the looks of it, you slept very well," purred Scootaloo.

"I've missed those beautiful emerald eyes," whispered Sweetie Belle.

"Good morning, cutie pies," Spike mumbled. "Could you maybe let my arms go so I can get up? Smolder will be here any minute."

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Scootaloo asked.

"No, I don't think so," Spike said.

"Well, let's give you a little memory jog," Sweetie smirked.

Before Spike could react all three Cutie Mark Crusaders shoved their faces into his face and they smothered it all over with kisses. They did this for the 30 seconds that Spike had to go through his "Good-morning-wake-up call". When they pulled away, they couldn't help but giggle at Spike's dazed face.

"Quite a performance," came a voice.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders looked back to see a smirking Smolder leaning on the wall.

"Smolder, how long have you been standing there?" asked Apple Bloom.

"Five minutes," answered Smolder. "You all just seemed too cute to leave behind and I wanted to see this little kiss scene for myself."

"Heh," chuckled Spike. "Well, I'm glad we can entertain you."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders let Spike go and jumped off the bed.

"He's all yours, Dragon counterpart," Scootaloo said.

"Thanks, Pony counterpart," Smolder replied.

Scootaloo and Smolder always felt that they had a very special bond with each other because, aside from being different species, their physical appearances were almost identical to each other and they liked some of the same things.

After bidding Smolder and Spike farewell, the Cutie Mark Crusaders walked out of Spike's room.

Smolder turned to Spike.

"Well, cutie pie," she smirked. "I can already tell we're going to have an amazing day together. Come on, you. It's time for breakfast."

She walked over to Spike's bed, picked Spike up, and took him downstairs for breakfast. Both were looking forward to all the events that their day together had to offer to them.

LATER THAT NIGHT, 9:17 P.M.

Smolder savored every second of her day with Spike. She was always a fan of cute things, but adorable was a vast understatement of what she thought about Spike. Throughout the day, she was successful in trying several attempts to fluster Spike into a blush. Her favorite one was when she pinned Spike on the couch and repeatedly pinched his cheeks in a very playful and teasing manner, booped his nose, and whispered all the things she loved about him right in his ear. Spike ordinarily would blush a light shade of pink for the average attempt by Smolder to fluster him, but would blush as red as a tomato when Smolder pinned him on the couch.

Now, they were both on the couch. Smolder was lying down with Spike sprawled on top of her. The second she heard Spike starting to yawn profusely and saw that his eyes were barely half open, Smolder became very eager. She knew that there were mere minutes, possibly seconds, before Spike asked her to carry him to bed for his cuddles and bedtime. She was a closeted cuddler because Garble would always do it with her when she was younger when she was feeling down. She had enjoyed it with her brother, but she felt it was a lot more special with Spike. Her Spike.

"Hey, Smolder?" he asked with a yawn.

"Yeah, Spike?" she asked.

"I'm ready to go to bed. Could you carry me? Please?" Spike asked, his tone almost pleading her to do so.

"Of course, sweetie," she said and then picked Spike up and carried him upstairs.

Spike and Smolder both brushed their teeth together and then traveled to Spike's bedroom. Smolder was always one to stay up later than everyone else. However, she had woken up at 5:30 this morning and when she realized that it was her day with Spike, she became very excited and couldn't go back to sleep. Now, that vanished fatigue had come back and hit her like a fully loaded freight train.

Once they were both done, Smolder scooped Spike back into her arms and the two tired Dragons made it to Spike's room. Smolder opened the door, flicked off the lights, and then generated a low flame so she could see where she was going. She walked to the bed, pulled the covers back with one hand, and set her little drakefriend into his bed. Spike scooted back so she could slide into bed with him. She put out her flame, got into bed, and replaced the covers on top of them both. The two lovers met at the center of the bed. The moment their bodies connected, both Spike and Smolder's arms wrapped around each other's backs and they held each other as close as they could. Smolder wrapped her wings around Spike's little body and then pulled the covers even further up on top of them both. She mostly did it for Spike to make sure he was extra cozy and warm. Spike rested his cheek against Smolder's scaly chest and listened to her heartbeat and breathing patterns intently. She smelled like a mix of oranges and cinnamon. Smolder took notice.

"Enjoying yourself?" she asked.

"Yeah," Spike yawned. "You can't blame me. It's nice to be with such a sweet and beautiful girl like you."

Smolder blushed a moderate shade of pink and gripped Spike even tighter.

"It's even better for me," Smolder whispered. "You don't even want to know how long I've wanted to just wrap you in a hug and keep you in my arms for a full night. You're truly an example for Dragons everywhere. I'm glad Gar-Gar changed his ways because of you nudging him in the right direction. If the truth be told, he trusts you being with me. When he found out about us and our little harem, he was a little uneasy, but remembered how you were so kind to me in the short time that we knew each other. You're such a pure soul, Spike, but I must admit that I would've never thought about falling in love with someone like you before I came to Ponyville."

Spike smiled, "Well, I'm glad to fulfill your wish, Smolder. Just seeing you happy is enough to warm my heart. In fact, the main reason I decided to tough it out with Garble was because I wanted to see you elated at seeing him cheered up again. I also felt like I owed you for being there for me after that awful Sludge fiasco. That's when I began falling for you. When I felt like all hope was lost for getting along with him and I traded tasks with Fluttershy, I literally felt my heart break into about 50 pieces because I felt like I failed you. However, seeing him reformed made me happy for him, and an indescribable feeling of ecstacy washed over me when I knew that you'd be happy too seeing Garble go down the right path, because I love you, Smolder. Even if you never returned my feelings, I would just be glad seeing you happy."

Smolder blushed even deeper. She felt touched by Spike's speech. It seemed like each time Spike had given a speech to one of his lovers before they fell asleep, his words always found a way to touch their souls and make them feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

"Spike, could you please look up at me?" she asked.

"Uh, sure," Spike said. He let out a another yawn.

Smolder rekindled her low flame until she saw Spike's face looking up at her and she quicky planted a kiss on his lips. Spike was a little surprised at first, but closed his eyes and melted into the kiss. It lasted for about 30 seconds, but time was meaningless to them both. They broke away and then embraced each other with their full grip. Both began to grow sleepier by the minute. Smolder nuzzled the top of his head lovingly and then did what was becoming the norm for every night of cuddles, humming Spike a lullaby. Spike relaxed into his lover's grip and listened to the all the calming, sleep-inducing sounds that Smolder's humming, body heat, and hearbeat gave off to him.

"Goodnight, Smolder," Spike grunted out. "I love you."

"Goodnight, Spike," Smolder whispered soothingly into his ear. "I love you too."

Spike went to sleep happy listening to Smolder's final six words to him. Once again, soft snores from the purple Dragon broke through the silent atmosphere of the night. Smolder closed her eyes and listened to Spike's soft snores. She was also tired too, but she had put that aside just to cuddle with Spike for a few precious minutes. Now, she could no longer hold it back. Spike's snoring only seemed to make the route to dreamland so much easier. It took another four minutes before Spike's snores finally pushed Smolder fully out of consciousness and into dreamland. The two teen Dragons had smiles that played their lips knowing that they had the other in their arms.