• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 506 Views, 35 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Power Ponies - Comrade Bagel Muffin



In one of the largest untouched cities on the boarders of Equestria and Griffon territory. The people live under 5 major companies, 10 cartels, and an ever shifting political council. In this system the people need heroes. This is their story.

  • ...
2
 35
 506

The Gem in the Ring

The light that filtered through the thin cloud curtain was stronger than any amount that Lapis had ever seen in all of her travels. She slowly moved along in the line, holding her ticket close to her her chest, waiting for her turn to cross the bridge that lead from the Equestrian wasteland into End of the Line, the untouched city. The line to the bridge moved steadily dozens of ponies shuffling to either pay the toll, or the lucky ones, like her, present their ticket of entry. She looked off to the side. Hundreds of small tents were set up, a large shanty town of ponies that weren't able to afford to cross the bridge. Her ears flopped down. Many of the ponies had been sold on the idea that End of the Line was freedom from the wasteland, a place that was untouched by the radiation and taint that had rotted Equestria, only to find out after leaving everything they had, that they didn't have enough to make it there, so here they stayed, nowhere to go back to, and unable to keep moving forward. Her heart went out to them, it really did. But there wasn't anything that she could do for them. Even if all the wealth of Tenpony Tower and Red Eye were combined they might be able to get only half the destitute shanty town ponies across.

"Toll." She snapped back to reality. Standing in front of her was a large stallion in military armor. She shrank back a little as he glared at her.

"I actually have a pass." She held out the ticket that had been sent to her from one of the business stallions that had passed her home nearly a year ago, they had adored the work she had put into her jewelry pieces, and offered her the chance of a life time.

"Fine ticket fee." He snatched the ticket from her wing.

"Ticket fee?"

"You heard me squeak toy." He glared down at her. "Just because you have a ticket doesn't mean you just get to waltz across the bridge. 400 caps, pay up or get out of line."

"B-but the ticket says-"

"You heard me flying mouse!" he bellowed. Lapis winced covering her ears as they started ringing. The ponies behind her coward down a little bit. "If I say 400 Caps you either pay it or you get the hell out of line!"

"That's extortion."

"And you'll pay it or LEAVE!" She winced at the last word. Her head felt like it was splitting, as her hearing filled with a high pitched whistle.

"Fine but I'm going to tell my boss about this BS." She pulled out a bag. which was snatched out of her hooves before she could register that it was even there. "Hey there's 500 caps in that, you can't just-."

"Shut it and MOVE!" The guard grabbed her and threw her to the other side of the toll station. She was thrown to fast for her wings to do anything for her, and she hit the ground with an "unf". "Now get out of here, or do I have to buck you the rest of the way, NEXT!" She winced as he roared for the next pony in line to come up.

"Jackass," Lapis muttered under her breath as she got up on shaky and sore legs. She limped forward across the bridge what was left of her jittery cheery mood about coming to this city were currently dead. She moved over to a railing, and looked over at the cold water. Her gray face and yellow eyes stared back at her. Her midnight blue mane was completely disheveled from being thrown.

"Hey you okay?" a stallion asked quickly being reflected in the water next to her. Lapis looked over at him, her ears were still ringing, the only reason she hadn't heard him coming sooner. He was about her age, early maybe mid twenties. His coat was Pinkie Pie Pink, and he had a nice soft blue Mane. He actually looked like he bathed regularly. He leaned over on the rail next to her.

"Fine I guess. The toll officer took almost all my caps, even though I had a work ticket. I might not even have enough for a lunch, now." She could tell from the refection in the water that he was watching her own rippling reflection. "I wasn't expecting that kind of treatment from here. Maybe the racist jerks at Tenpony Tower, but not the untouched city." He laughed a little at that. "What?" Lapis turned to glower at him.

"Nothing, it's just morons are born everywhere. This town has its fair share, just like Tenpony has their's." He smiled looking up from the water at her softening face. "Come on, I'll grab you a lunch, don't want your first impression of the city to be completely shit."

"Not that I'm not grateful, but I'm not looking for a coltfriend." He laughed again, it was was almost a child like laugh, unrestrained but some how soft.

"No offence to you or other bats. But I don't think you'd be marefriend material for me. Though probably good friend material. Name's Disc Jocky." He held out a hoof. "Just doing this because most ponies coming into the city don't normally have their eardrums nearly ruptured or are thrown eight meters into asphalt. You need a pick me up."

"Lapis." She shook his hoof. "And I guess I do. I'll pay you back for lunch when I can." She leaned against the rail as she moved along the bridge, Disc walked next to her matching her pace.

"So what's your poison?" Disc asked as they headed along, despite them still being on the bridge there was a large bazaar of tents and shacks set up. Ponies moved to and fro, and callers called out into the chaos trying to bring more ponies to there establishments.

"My what?"

"Your poison, your food? Though some of these places probably can't tell the difference between those two. Even with a dictionary."

"I'll eat whatever, though you're not really selling up the food in this place. How about salad."

"I know a place, nice little shack over here." He led the way into the shanty she was about to follow him when all of a sudden everything went bright, Lapis closed her eyes as she lost her sight.

"What just happened?" She tried to open her eyes everything was bright and she felt warmth on her back. "What the what's going on?" She looked around.

"The sun's out," Disc answered from just in front of her. She looked up, her pupils became thin slits as she gazed into the azure sky above them. She felt her jaw go slack and her bat wings pulled away from her body just a bit. She could hear Disc laughing at her reaction. "First time is always something isn't it?"

"Yeah." She breathed looking up at the few holes in the cloud curtain, and fighting the urge to look at the sun. "It's so amazing."

"Yeah, you get used to it." She looked back down to him. He sounded different saying that, almost remorseful. He wasn't looking at her, or the sky, or the bazaar but looked off to the east and the Untouched City. When he noticed her staring at her he gave her another smile. "If your done looking at the sky, let's head over to the salad shack."

"You okay?" Lapis asked, surprised she actually cared about his answer. She cared about pony even one's she'd never talked to, but it was scary how easy this stallion made himself her friend. "I mean you looked kind of sad there for a minute."

"I'm fine just thinking about thing going on back home." He gestured her into a small shack that was on the edge of the bazaar about half a kilometre from the toll booths. Her eyes struggled to adjust to the change in the light level.

"Disc I see you found another friend." A gravely voice said. "It's been a while since I've seen a bat pony."

"Yeah, she's new to town, Old Timer. Had a worker's ticket, and still got exploited by those toll guards." Disc sat down at a table. "So I'm buying her lunch now, and she'll pay me back later."

"Well at least you brought her to my shack." Once her eyes adjusted she saw Disc sitting on an old lawn chair. He was waving her over. Next to him was a pegasus ghoul. "Come on over and have a seat, what do you want to eat?"

"I'd like a salad please." She sat down.

"And you Disc?"

"I'm good." He passed the ghoul several caps. "Old timer here has been around since things started rebuilding around here. He know's all the in's and out's of the city. So I'm curious, you got a work's ticket, who are you working for?"

"I'm going to be working as an assistant jewelry maker under Mr. Fortiis." She answered almost immediately a plate of greens was put in front of her. "He was really impressed with my work, when he traveled by my colony town a year ago. A couple of months ago I got my worker's ticket."

"Fortiis is a good stallion, a bit of a weirdo, but he's a good boss, from what I've heard." There was a loud beep.

"What was that?" She looked around.

"Sorry that was my Pip-pad."

"Your what?"

"Pip-pad." Disc grabbed a tablet looking device from his saddle bag. "It's like a pip buck but you don't have to wear it." He put it on the table. "Hey sis."

"Hello brother, other child of our mother!" A slightly staticy sing song voice cracked out of the device. "Hey where are you at right now?"

"I'm with a friend at Old Timer's shack."

"You know that's not my name you little shit." The ghoul pegasus glared at him from the other side of the shack. Disc just waved an acknowledging hoof.

"A friend friend or just somepony that you just met?" Lapis raised an eyebrow, so this wasn't an uncommon occurrence for him.

"I just met her, her name's Lapis, and I don't want to hear you criticizing my friendliness given that you've had more coltfriends than I've had meals in my life." Lapis raised an eye brow at that, there was a small pause before the machine crackled back to life louder than before.

"Lapis. Awe so cute you've got a crystal pony marefriend!"

"Friend that is a mare."

"And I'm a bat pony not a crystal pony." Lapis chimed in there was another long pause from the devise.

"Oh exotic taste you got there brother. And sorry for being so loud."

"Right look Dub, what do you want?"

"Right I need you to buy a few things for today, ten healing potions, a couple of bandage rolls and a good bit of bard wire, and maybe something soft to." Lapis' ears perked up as the other mare's voice became soft.

"Oh shit, that's today, yeah I can grab the stuff." He got up. "I'll see you around Lapis, good luck," He put half a dozen caps on the table before rushing out. "See you Old Timer."

"For the hundredth time my name's Lonesome Road." The ghoul yelled after him. "Pain in the arse." The ghoul walked over and picked up the caps.

"Is he that way to everyone?" Lapis asked finishing her small salad.

"Yeah, he runs around and befriends everypony that he can." The ghoul answered. "He's been doing it for a good number of years now, help's ponies ease into city life, then once they finally get the fucking hint he helps get them out."

"What's that supposed to mean, everypony tries to get in here when they can." Lapis looked up from her empty plate. "This is End of the Line, the Untouched City. A place that hasn't been touched by the bombs or the wasteland." She jumped as the ghoul laughed in a hacking and rough vocie.

"Oh yes a fairy tale of a city." The ghoul laughed patting her on the back. "But that's the rub, squeakers, it's just a fairy tale." He patted her back still hacking up his rough laughter. "Sure the bombs never touched that hellhole of a city, they never needed too. Outside of Fillydelphia or Tarturous, you won't find a more hellish place. Do yourself a favor squeakers take these dozen caps and walk back to where your from. It'll save you a lot of fucking grief."

"It can't be that bad." Lapis looked up at the ghoul.

"You won't last a week. I'd bet these caps on that."

"Deal." Lapis stood up and shifted through her saddle bag at the bottom underneath a black bandanna she found her sunglasses. "I'll be back in a week to pick those caps up." She walked out of the bar and back out into the sunlight, and continued down the bridge.


The sun continued to filter through the ever thinning cloud curtain, until when she finally arrived at the other end of the bridge, the cloud curtain was completely gone. Even with her sunglasses she had to squint to keep the light from hurting her eyes. She brightened up though as she saw the large stallion that seemed to tower over all the rest of the crowd. "Mr. Fortiis!" she called waving her hoof.

"Ah, yes Lapis, good day it is that you finally make it over." Fortiis moved through the crowds with ease, the ponies and griffons moving out of his way as the large gray stallion made his way toward her. "I heard from bird that you were here, but bird is notorious liar, unlike dog, you can always trust dog. So I come to see if bird told truth for once. It seems bird did. This is good." He walked up to her and hit her back with a hoof, in what was meant as a pat on the back. "You are ready to see new place of work yes?"

"Yes sir." Lapis smiled and nodded following beside him. As he led her toward the city. The large buildings were everywhere most of them were postwar architecture, made with whatever material could be found most were made of thin wood or metal, older ones were made of converted train carts, but even this close to the bridge she spotted several large prewar structures. Most of the ponies here looked like normal wasteland town ponies, but there were so many it actually felt like she was in a prewar city, like she saw in the history books.

"That is the spirit." Fortiis 'patted' he back again, she winced a bit, but her smile stayed genuine and fully plastered on her face. He led her down the bustling streets. "You can start tomorrow I found you good apartment to stay at in walking distance to work. Then we go look at shop it will be great."

"Thank you sir. I can't wait to get back to work." Lapis trotted just to keep pace with his walking speed.

"Ah yes good you are hard worker I like that in ponies I hire." He led her down the street to a series of prewar buildings. They all looked like brick cubes each was four stories high, and had windows, most being boarded up, evenly spaced at about one every ten meters. "This is your new neighborhood, I know it doesn't look like much, but that is because it was built during the height of the war so sadly they aren't much. But it is inside where it counts."

"So these are like diamonds in the rough."

"Oh good heavens no these are peat coal, most definitely peat coal. But they are safe so they are good." He laughed 'patting' her on the back causing her to stumble forward.

"Safe sir?" Lapis asked looking confused. "I thought that the entire city is safe?"

"Hahaha. No," he answered flatly, "this town might look all nice and pretty but do not go out at night if you do, do not go alone at night, at least not for the first year anyways. Once a good number of ponies know who you are then you'll be okay. After all if somebody from the Big Thirteen tries to snatch you, you can't count on the Disco Do-Gooder to save you."

"Big Thirteen, Disco Do-Gooder, sir?"

"Oh yes, so Big Thirteen are a reference, to the Cartels and the three industries that are total ass hats. You should avoid them at all cost. As for Disco Do-Gooder, he is okay, long time friend of mine. He runs around and does a lot of good for ponies, fights crime, tries to help where he can, but he can only be in one place at a time, and this city is far to big even for a hyperactive colt like him."

"I didn't know about any of this?"

"It's all known here, but yeah saying oh hey did you know that there is a massive kidnapping, pony trafficking, and slave trade." Ptooi. "Those bastards at the Red Moon Cooperation are real bad ponies." He looked down at Lapis. "You should be fine here this place is safe for the most part from their influence."

"But this is End of the Line. It's the Untouched City right?" She paused the pegasus ghoul's laughter playing back in her head, 'Oh yes a fairy tale of a city, but that's the rub, squeakers, it's just a fairy tale.'

"Oh yes untouched by the bombs, but the wasteland, or rather soul of the wasteland, that was probably born here. So yeah you should keep your head on you, but you seem like smart mare, and hard worker too, that is why I hired you and had you brought here." Fortiis hit her on the back again as she deflated. "This is big, big town, you can easily avoid the bad things here. Besides we all try to make it a little better."

"I know I will sir, and I'll do more than try."

"Ha, that is spirit. Ah yes this is your apartment, it looks cheap, because it is, but is free for you so hopefully that is good." He walked into one of the large brick cubes that housed the residents of this part of the city. Lapis followed in behind him. The first thing she noticed was how dark it was it took her eyes nearly a minute to adjust. If only it took her nose that long to adjust as well. The smell nearly made her gag a noxious mix of cigar smoke, unwashed pony, and possibly even mold. Her ears flopped down and visibly deflated. "Do not be sad this is best complex on this street, and look they still have some of the original carpeting. Come now we'll go see your room."

"This is one of the best?" She looked around. Three ponies were in a dark corner strung out on Med-X. Another two unicorns were sitting forlornly at on a couch with black bags under their eyes for clear lack of sleep. she grimaced, on her journey here she'd seen slaves in better condition, even before she helped them. Fortiis was right about it still having some of the original carpeting, grey blotches of the stuff lay loosely attached to the concrete floor.

"Well yes. I got you best safest place that was close to shop." Fortiis started heading to the stairs. "I got you best room to, still has window with glass, a bit dirty but you can easily clean up. In day or two." Lapis tried to smile and follow her boss up the stairs. They went all the way to the top, passing several ponies strung out on one landing, and a small colt and filly trying to sleep in the corner of another one. The top floor was in no better state than the bottom three. "We have top floor so that you don't have ponies above you doing all night parties."

"I'd just be happy if there were parties." She followed him to her room after he unlocked it he gave her the key. "Go in is goodish room." She hesitantly opened the door, and walked in.

Inside the room the carpet lay in thin patches scattered all over the place. The room was lit by four evenly spaced bare light bulbs hanging form the ceiling. The window was on the opposite wall covered with nearly two centuries of grim and muck. The furniture was worn, and there were several stains on the couch that was against the wall and the mattress in the far corner. In another corner were the toilet and shower, no walls separating them from the rest of the room, not even a curtain. By wasteland standards this was pretty good, there was even a fridge in the kitchen whether it worked or not didn't matter it was a fridge. But compared to the expectation she had for the fabled Untouched City it was just a little much. After a few minutes Lapis finally swallowed the lump in her throat.

"It is a good room, yes?" Fortiis asked.

"I mean, yeah, it's good," she said.

"You say it is good with your word, but everything else is saying is bad."

"I don't want to come across as ungrateful Mr. Fortiis sir." She looked up to her new boss. "It's good it's just. Not what I was hoping for from here. I thought that this place really was untouched, like a prewar city, you know. So, reality is kind of hitting me hard right now." She started walking around. "Do you think the window will open?

"Right now probably not. But I am good friends with a little repair pony, I'll send him by tomorrow so he can work on it once you get off work." He smiled. "Speaking of Baba Yaga I'll show you the shop. I promise you, it will certainly live up to expectations, and you'll be making jewelry out of a lot better materials than just smooth river rocks." She couldn't help but smile at that. "That is a real smile, I'm glad to see you are happy to work."

Fortiis hadn't been joking that his shop was within walking distance. It was just two blocks from her new home; in fact if his repair pony was able to fix her window so it could open she would probably be able to just glide in to work. Though given the number of pegasi and griffons she'd seen she'd need to figure out how to close and lock it again. While her apartment and the city as a whole were complete let downs the jewelry shop was not. It was furnished with glass cases in which were jewels of all kinds and sorts, not just replacement spell gems and talismans, but actual diamond rings and gold necklaces and bracelets. Working behind one of the glass cases was a light blue unicorn buck with a ginger mane. He smiled and wave at the two of them

"It's amazing." She waved back, as she looked from glass covered display stands to shelves with gems and velvet display necks adorned with silver necklaces.

"Yes is very nice but please hold in amazement until after you see the workshop." He led her behind a counter and into the workshop, every tool she had heard of and some that she hadn't were in the large workshop. On one of the walls were several lock boxes everywhere else were polishing stations, cutting benches, sanders, there was an entire shelf crammed full of just sizing instruments. Lapis was prancing in place. Like a foal at Hearths Warming.

"Eeee! I get to use these?" She smiled ear to ear. "All of these."

"Yes, 24 Karat will train you on these starting tomorrow, and after a week you'll work seven hours in here, and one hour on sells." Fortiis patted her back hard again.

"Can I start today! Pleeeeease!"

"I mean you can if you want, but you can't work the machines until, 24 Karat comes in tomorrow. Why not go home and get rest, surely you are tired after long walk here."

"Well I guess I can wait for tomorrow, do you know a cheap place to grab dinner sir?"

"Cheap, didn't you get your 500 caps moving pay?"

"I did but, one of the toll ponies took it." Lapis looked down at the floor.

"What you had worker ticket." It was the first time she saw Fortiis look upset.

"They said it was a ticket fee or something and took all my caps."

"Well I'm glad you told me this, I'll file a complaint until then here are thirty caps, you can get a good sandwich from the food cart two streets north from here. Have fun." Fortiis pushed her out of the warehouse shutting the door between them.


Lapis rested on her couch as she tried to watch the sunset though the crusted grim on her window. She was still a bit hungry, she'd planned on eating her sandwich in her room, but the colt and filly on the landing looked so hungry, she didn't mind going a night without food, not when those two looked like they hadn't eaten in weeks. The smiles that they gave her made her feel like a million caps. She looked over to the other side of her dingy couch. Her saddle bags lay there. "Hmm. If the towns to big for one hero. Maybe two could help out."

She slid off of her couch and started digging though her saddle bags eventually pulling out a midnight blue leotard with a black collar, in the middle of which was a little sapphire. She put it on and then pulled out a yellow belt and got it around her, followed quickly behind two thigh high black socks on her hind-legs. Two regular socks on her front hooves. She slid two boxing socks onto her hind hooves over her thigh highs, and to boxing shoes on her front two. With a grin on her face she dug out a bow, some shock arrows, and then last of all her mask a black bandanna with two eye holes cut out.

"It's time to make the fairy tale town real. One night at a time." She smiled tying it around her head and flicked her midnight blue mane to the side. "Time to go."

She snuck out of the building onto the roof, and waited for night fall. Before moving out gliding from building to building, as she looked for anything she could help with. The once busy streets where now completely abandoned. It was strange that the once bustling streets were now completely empty, she looked around before something caught her attention. Her eyes focused on movement below. She stopped and watched the alleyway intently. Nothing moved for nearly a minute, then in a blur a young unicorn stallion burst out of the alleyway galloping hard across the street. They dove into the shadows of the opposite alleyway. Her ears perked up at another noise.

"What was that." A mare voice came from the street on the other side of the building. Her eyes flashed to the alleyway the young stallion had run out of. Two figures started moving through it. "Could it have been a rat?"

"It doesn't hurt to check, it might be a pony that stayed out to late for their own good. That would be fun." The second shadow was clearly a stallion. They walked out of the alley way and into the road. The two of them were wearing combat armor and flak vests. The mare tapped the stallion and pointed to the ground. Lapis followed her hoof to some muck that went all the way across the street to the other ally.

"Come out, come out wherever you are." the mare floated out a bomb collar. Lapis' eyes narrowed on the two of them, and she pulled out and loaded her bow. "And I promise we won't hurt you to much."

"She only speaks for herself." The stallion laughed moving toward the alley. "Run or hide, your numbers up, runt." The stallion leaned into the alley way. The was a bang, and the stallion flew out into the street. landing on his back. The young unicorn stallion ran out of the alley and bolted down the street, neither the pony snatchers nor Lapis paid them any mind as another young stallion limped out of the alley. He was white earth pony with a neon pink mane and tail. His eyes were behind a pair of glasses. He was wearing a blue body fitting suit that went from his neck down to his hind hooves, with a purple strip going down the middle front part of his suit. His front hooves where in socks that cut off just under the shoulder, with purple compression sleeves around his calves. On his front right hoof was a modded displacer hoof.

"Shit." The mare looked back to her partner keeping an eye on their assailant. "You okay."

"Yeah my night just got better, I've been wanting to fuck up this up start for a while. And look he's limping, you think you can take us on while you can't even walk straight? Fuck you." The stallion got back up to their hooves grabbed a crow bar with his teeth.

"The bounty on his head is what. 8500 caps." The mare floated out a cattle prod. "I could have some real fun with that. Sorry Colt Wonder, but you should have minded your own business. Now why don't you put on the bomb collar and come quietly?" Lapis lined up her shot and fired from the roof. The shock arrow hit the stallion in the back of the head. There was a loud crack as the taser arrow head went off, and the stallion hit the ground like a lead brick. "What the fu-"

"Party Bash!" The Disco Do-Gooder lunged forward and the mare was sent flying into the wall of one of the shops. "I'm not really a quiet stallion." He stomped on the bomb collar with the displacer hoof snapping the device in half. He pulled out a couple of ropes and shackles. Lapis sat on the roof and watched as he tied and shackled the two pony snatchers. Before he looked back up to her and waved her down.

Lapis smiled and waved him up. He slowly limped into the shadows of the alleyway a moment later she heard him coming up the stairs of the fires exit until he finally got onto the roof. "The Disco Do-Gooder, I take it." She looked him over. He was a couple years younger than her, maybe eighteen or nineteen years old, but his equipment looked like it was painstakingly kept up, especially the displacer hoof. His face was soft, but unmistakably a stallion.

"Yes." He nodded. "And you are?" he asked studying her just as much as she was him.

"I'm Sapphire the Crystal Archer." She smiled walking around him. "And do I get a thank you for saving you?" she asked playfully.

"I wasn't aware that I needed saving." He turned around on the spot. "I could have taken those two easily." He smile just as playfully. "But all the same thanks for the help. Pony Snatchers are a constant threat out here. It's nice to have some help. This was my third pair tonight." He looked passed her to the heart of the city. "Could you help me drag those two to the station."

"Sure. I'm not passed a little manual labor. So which one of you're little scraps gave you that limp?" She asked spreading her wings.

"I got it during my sparing actually."

"If you've been doing this for any amount of time, you should know better than to run around to fight thugs while you're injured." He shrugged.

"The filly, two mares, and that last stallion wouldn't still be safe if I did." He started heading down the fire escape. Lapis rolled her eyes, and with a hop glided down to the two pony snatchers.

"If these two work for the Big Thirteen won't they just be bailed out?" She asked starting to drag the mare behind her, as the Disco Do-Gooder took the stallion.

"No, snatchers like this are just standard slaver thugs. Sure they do business with the Big Thirteen, but their not counted as members of the cartels or the cooperations. He looked over at her. "Trust me if they were we'd still be fighting and it wouldn't be as one sided as this one was." They turned a corner and found three griffons in sheriff dusters, with riffles waiting.

"Thanks for the help fancy hooves." The griffon nodded and the two other griffons took the snatchers off their hooves. "I just got off the Pip Pad with your handlers, and we're locking this area down. They want you to pull back." The griffon looked at Lapis, "who're you?"

"My name's Sapphire the Crystal Archer." She smiled. "I'm new in town, and happy to help."

"Right because that's all we need. Oh well, thank for the help I suppose. Now go back to your house this area is under an official curfew now."

"Right, well bye for now I guess. It was nice meeting you Disco. See you." She took off her darker clothing soon disappearing into the cloud covered night sky.


Lapis rested on her couch relaxing after her first day, despite her dingy apartment, the truly vile part of the city, she now called, home, and the fact that she again had given her sandwich to the colt and filly one landing down and would again go to bed hungry, this had been a near perfect day. 24 Karat had taught her how to use all the cutters and had let her have a go on them an hour before her shift was over. Now all she had to do was wait for the repair pony that Fortiis had called over for her to fix her window. There was a knock at the door.

"Repair pony."

"Coming." Lapis hopped off and opened the door. That was odd that voice sounded rather familiar. She opened the door and froze. She stared at a young white earth pony stallion with neon pink mane and tail, and red eyes. He stared back at her.

"It's you!" they said in unison.

Author's Note:

Fortiis belongs to Tuftee, used with permission