• Published 19th Apr 2021
  • 872 Views, 1 Comments

Time repeats itself - Applefai



The wedding of Twilight and Flash Sentry

  • ...
8
 1
 872

The wedding

Spike walked around in front of town hall as he ran a double check on everything, the chairs were lined up perfectly on either side of a pristine white runway leading to the arch adorned with white and red roses, under the arch stood a podium where Mayor Mare would officiate the wedding. Standing in front of the podium dressed in a black tuxedo was Flash Sentry, his mane combed back, and a single red rose on his lapel. Ponies gather and take their seats, all except Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy who are standing near the podium in dresses tailored to their tastes. Twilight had asked each of them to be her maids of honor.

Spike realizing the time quickly ran back to the castle and got the ring, he placed it on a pillow and then got dressed himself. He remembers when he was asked to be the ring bearer and how nervous he was, but eventually his nerves subsided and he was ready.

After everypony has taken their seats, Mayor Mare takes her place at the podium as Fluttershy's birds start chirping "here comes the bride" in perfect unison, the attendees stand up as Twilight, dressed in a pure white dress made her way down the walkway escorted by her father and her brother, led by the cutie mark crusaders as the scattered flower petals in their path. When they get her to the podium, they shake Flash's hoof firmly as they take their seats next to their spouses.

Once the wedding march ceased Mayor Mare began the ceremony. "Dearly beloved, we are all gathered here today, to join these two in the bonds of matrimony. If anypony as any objections to these two being married, speak now or forever hold your peace." A deafening silence spread throughout the area before Mayor Mare continued.

"I'm sure some of you are wondering, why the wedding in the fall? Well as fall represents the end of summer, the death if you will, marriage represents beginnings, the birth of new life so to speak. Now before we join these two in marriage, I believe they have written vows." Mayor Mare would say before letting Twilight speak.

"Flash, when I first became a princess, love was the last thing on my mind, I thought I didn't have time for love, but now, I can't imagine being away from you, and with this ring, I am happy to make you my husband." Twilight said being short and sweet as she took the ring from Spike and placed the it on Flash's wing. Mayor Mare then moved to Flash for his vows.

"Twilight, when I first saw you, I fell in love with you, but was too afraid to tell you, I'm very happy we ended up together, and I promise, I'll be there for you whenever you need me, I'll be your shield and with this ring, I am happy to make you my wife" Flash said as he takes the other ring from Spike and places the it on Twilight's horn with her tearing up at his words.

"Now then, Do you Flash take Twilight to be your lawfully wedded wife, to hold and to cherish, through good times and bad, through sickness and health, until death do you part"? Mayor Mare would ask Flash who responded with an "I do." She proceeded to ask Twilight the same and was met with the same response. "Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you mare and stallion, you mare kiss the bride." Mayor Mare finished as Twilight and Flash sealed their union with a kiss, among the attendees Shining Armor was crying tears of joy at seeing his little sister married.

At the reception ponies were dancing, Spike deciding now it the right time approaches Sweetie Belle and asked her to dance, they share a dance together under the stars as Twilight prepares to throw the bouquet, as the bridesmaids line up Twilight tosses the bouquet overhead only for it to be caught by Sweetie Belle who gives Spike a loving look.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment