• Published 14th Apr 2021
  • 1,407 Views, 7 Comments

A Bet Worth Cuddles - Twilight Star



Twilight has been very busy lately. Rainbow noticing this, decides to propose a bet for Twilight.

  • ...
3
 7
 1,407

Chapter 1

Rainbow was in her room, lying on the bed, thinking about her marefriend with a smile on her face. Since Twilight became an alicorn princess, she and Twilight have spent a lot of time together, mainly because Twilight was able to fly just like her. Obviously, in the beginning Twilight didn’t know how to fly, and Rainbow saw it as an opportunity. She offered to teach Twilight to fly; Twilight accepted Rainbow’s help. But as the days went by, Rainbow started to feel weird around Twilight. For some strange reason, whenever she was around Twilight, her heart was beating faster than normal, she felt like she would stutter just having to talk to Twilight, and she even blushed just thinking about Twilight while she was in the cloud or at home.

So, she came to the following conclusion after putting the puzzle pieces together: she had a crush on Twilight. And it made her feel good outward as well as inward, because she would never have imagined that she would fall in love with one of her friends. But soon her head came from having to confess to Twilight, and that made her nervous, because she feared that Twilight would not feel the same as she did and would not accept dating her because of her ego. But for some reason, in one of the flight classes, Twilight started acting strange around her, and when the classes ended, they landed on a cloud so they could watch the sunset together. Rainbow took advantage of the quiet moment between her and Twilight to confess what she felt, and for the joy of the blue pegasus, Twilight accepted and said she felt the same as Rainbow since she started teaching flying lessons. As soon as it was dark, they both slept in the cloud, hugging each other.

Rainbow closed her eyes when she remembered that day, it was an unforgettable day for both of them. But her smile soon fell as she blew out a breath. Unfortunately, that was several days ago, and as much as Twilight was her marefriend now, she missed being hugged by Twilight. Twilight has spent most of her time in the library, her sad face changed to a frown as she crossed her hooves at the thought. Did Twilight really stick to those tedious books? Daring Do’s books did not count as tedious, as they contained adventure and excitement, unlike many other books they had in Equestria.

She needed to do something. Something for Twilight to drop and take the head off the books and do something with it. But what could it be? Perhaps she could invite Twilight on a date, either by taking an air tour or betting on a race. But obviously, Twilight would deny her invitation. She moaned in frustration at the recent thought. Why did Twilight have to be an egghead? Why couldn’t she let go of the book’s snouts for a minute? The blue pegasus looked at the balcony in thought. Knowing Twilight, she must be reading those boring books about Equestria’s story right now. If only she could do something so that Twilight could spend a day with her - no, a week with her, just like when they slept cuddled in the cloud after each flight lesson. She wanted to embrace Twilight, but the flight lessons ended, which was a shame, because that was the last time they had physical contact.

Until, an idea came to her mind. What if she made a bet with Twilight? The bet could be a race. If she won, Twilight would have to be her body pillow for a week, if Twilight won, she would be her body pillow. Yes, the bet would involve that. No matter who lost the bet, one of them would be hugged for a week. But she knew she would win, because after all, she was the fastest pegasus in all Equestria.

She got up from the bed, spread her wings, flew to the door and opened it, intending to go to the library to challenge Twilight on the bet. She needed to confess that she was excited to talk about the bet and win the bet. Twilight may have learned to fly with her help, but Twilight was not so fast when it came to flying, which would be a great advantage for her.

Rainbow landed in the library and knocked on the door, waiting for Twilight. Footsteps were heard from inside the library and the door opened, revealing Twilight.

“Hi, Rainbow!” Twilight greeted with a friendly smile. “What brings you here?”

“Hey, Twily!” Rainbow greeted back. “I came to do a bet.”

Twilight curiously raised an eyebrow when he heard what the blue pegasus said. “A bet?”

“Yes, a bet. This bet is nothing more than a race, and whoever loses will be the winner’s body pillow for a week,” Rainbow explained how the bet would work.

Twilight needed to agree: the prize was a very good thing, but she didn’t know if she should accept the bet, since she had plans for this afternoon. “I don’t know, Rainbow. Today I intended to organize the books on the shelves.”

“Oh! Come on, Twilight! Are you going to deny something tempting? Imagine if you win, you could hug me in bed in the afternoon for a week. Don’t you want to relax a little after the days you’ve been having lately?“ said Rainbow, trying to convince Twilight to accept the bet.

Twilight started to think about what Rainbow just said. She needed to confess, as much as she has had busy days since she finished the flying lessons, she kind of missed hugging Rainbow, either in a comfortable cloud or in a cozy bed. But even so, she had already planned to do something today. But, at the same time, she didn’t want to deny her marefriend’s bet. She looked at the bookshelves and saw that the books were still on the shelves. Maybe she better leave that for the next week. Because after all, she has gone several days without seeing Rainbow, and what better way for her to relax than with the mare she loves most?

“Okay, Rainbow. I accept,” said Twilight decidedly. “Where’s the finish line going to be?”

Rainbow then looked across the sky and saw few clouds, until she saw a cloud that was close to the city hall. It was a little far from the library, but you could see it from afar. She looked back at Twilight to reply, “It will be that cloud that is right above the city hall. Whoever lands on the cloud is the winner.”

Twilight agreed and left the library, closing the door with her pink magic. “All right.”

Rainbow spread her wings and stretched them, preparing to fly. Twilight did the same.

“One… two… three!” Rainbow said, before flying away quickly. Twilight followed, and seemed speechless because Rainbow was ahead, she accelerated the flight. The ponies watched Rainbow and Twilight fly, and they couldn’t help smiling, especially the foals that hopped around. The two mares didn’t care, since what was important for them now was the race they were betting on.

Rainbow looked back and saw that Twilight was inches close to her, but they weren’t close to each other.

“You’re kind of fast, Twily,” Rainbow thought with a smile. The flight lessons certainly made Twilight able to fly fast, she needed to confess. But she wasn’t flying as fast as she was, since Twilight’s special talent was magic, not speed. Then, she accelerated the flight, leaving Twilight behind with her mouth slightly open, but soon recovered and started flying even faster with the intention of passing the pegasus.

Come on wings, don’t fail me! I can’t lose this race!

Rainbow could see the cloud a few meters away, she just needed to fly a little more. She decided to look back and saw that Twilight was now right next to her. She got a little startled, but that didn’t distract her or stop her from flying even faster. She needed to win this bet! She was the most awesome and fastest pegasus in all of Equestria! She couldn’t lose! She deserved to win! She looked ahead and saw the cloud very close to them. A smile crossed her face. Then, she flew even faster, allowing her to reach the cloud first and land on it. Twilight landed in the open-mouthed cloud with that. She lost the bet!

“I won!” said Rainbow, celebrating in the air. When she stopped celebrating, Rainbow looked back at Twilight and said, “Twily, let’s go to my house. It’s time for you to receive my hugs.”

Twilight spread her wings and flew across the sky accompanied by Rainbow, who led the way to the house in the clouds. Twilight still seemed speechless due to the fact that she lost the race, while Rainbow was still happy to have won, and also to get to her house so she could hug her purple alicorn on the bed.

After a few minutes of flight, they finally arrived at Rainbow’s house. Rainbow opened the door and entered first, she soon made room for Twilight, allowing Twilight to enter. She soon closed the door and they went up the stairs to the bedroom.

Twilight was no longer surprised that she lost the race, but she was curious what Rainbow would do other than hug her, like, if she was going to kiss, etc. Twilight’s ears perked up when she heard the sound of a door opening, she looked straight and saw Rainbow open the door and enter the room, she too I did, but soon closed the door with the pink magic.

They approached the bed and lay down on it. Twilight was the first, and then it was Rainbow, who wrapped her with the front hooves in a warm embrace.

“I finally have you here in my hooves, Twily,” Rainbow said with a smile, stroking the mane of Twilight. “You have no idea how much I missed having you on my hooves.”

Twilight let out a little laugh at that. She knew that she has been very busy lately, but she would never have imagined that Rainbow would miss hugging her. She always believed that Rainbow was not such a fan of hugs because she dislikes physical contact so much. Well, it looks like the pegasus doesn’t like physical contact when it’s out in public. Twilight agreed with the very theory that she created in her head.

“Tell me Twily, what have you been up to lately that has kept you very busy?” asked Rainbow, stopping caressing Twilight’s mane.

“I have been doing research on dragons, mainly because they grow up depending on the amount of things they have,” Twilight replied, “and this subject has really interested me. I’m sorry if I seemed a little distant from you.”

“As always, you are with your snout in these books, egghead,” said Rainbow in an unhappy tone. Twilight seems to have been offended by the comment.

“Hey! The subject was very interesting!”

“Everything you read you find interesting, egghead,” said Rainbow.

“And you find Daring Do books interesting,” said Twilight with a playful smile.

“Sure, but at least I don’t keep my snout on books all day,” said Rainbow. Twilight’s smile fell with that.

“Hey!”

“It’s just the truth, eggheand.”

Twilight decided to change the subject of the conversation to forget what Rainbow just said. “How about you, Rainbow? What have you done lately?”

“Aside from the fact that I missed you, I was training my skills for the Wonderbolts, resting on a cloud and reading Daring Do books,” Rainbow replied.

“Well, it looks like you could do things while I was busy,” said Twilight with a smile.

“Yes, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t think about you while doing all of this.”

After a few minutes, they decided to relax in the embrace, both with their eyes closed and breathing softly, but they did not sleep. Rainbow was happy to finally have Twilight in her embrace. As for Twilight, although she has been very busy lately, she was happy to be able to relax in her marefriend’s embrace.

She opened her eyes when she felt Rainbow kiss her, she could even feel Rainbow’s tongue inside her mouth, which made her blush. The kiss Rainbow was giving was intense, as if it had been years since they had kissed or seen each other the last time. She was surprised at first by the sudden kiss, but then relaxed and returned the kiss, putting her tongue inside Rainbow’s mouth.

“You have no idea how much I missed it,” said Rainbow.

After two minutes, they left the kiss because they both needed air and returned to relax in the embrace. Twilight felt Rainbow caress her neck with the head, which resulted in her cheeks turning pink.

“So, Twily? How do you feel about being my body pillow?” asked Rainbow.

“I’m enjoying it,” Twilight replied with a smile.

“I could see it.” Rainbow started to give nuzzles on the ear of the purple alicorn. Twilight closed her eyes with a smile of affection. She started to remember what she was going to do today, and she needed to confess, what she was doing now was so much better!

After five minutes, Rainbow stopped with the nuzzles and got up from the pillow to pick up the light blue blanket of lightning to cover her and Twilight up to their necks. They snuggled up in the warm blanket and blew out a light breath, relaxing in the warm of the blanket.

“Thank you, Rainbow. I was already getting cold,” Twilight said in a relaxing tone.

“You’re welcome, Twily,” said Rainbow with a smile, stroking Twilight’s cheek with a hoof.

After five hours, both felt their eyelids become heavy. They slowly closed their eyes and fell asleep, snoring softly.

Several hours passed, and the sun was rising on the horizon; the rays arrived at Rainbow’s bed. The two mares were still asleep hugging each other. Twilight was the first to wake up, and then it was Rainbow.

“Good morning, Rainbow,” Twilight greeted.

“For you too, Twily,” Rainbow greeted back.

“So, should we get up now and have breakfast or would we stay in bed for a while?” asked Twilight.

“Let’s get up, but remember: as I won the bet, you will always come to my house when it is late so that you can continue to be my body pillow for the whole week,” Rainbow replied. Twilight could only smile at that.