• Published 14th Apr 2021
  • 966 Views, 10 Comments

The Hive - LightningChaser04



- After the events of Queen Ending from Scootaloo-009’s original prequel. Rainbow’s the queen and forms her own huge hive. What’ll happen next?-

  • ...
2
 10
 966

1 Hive Beginnings (aka backstory)

AN: My logic is that Queen Recarn is now dead and because Rainbow is her last living nymph, and is female, she gets to be queen.

Chapter 1: Hive Beginnings

Retard was officially dead, Rainbow was officially alive.

Rainbow returned to her cloud home from court to rest. “Hello Tank! Good to see ya boy!” said Rainbow Dash and gave him a turtle biscuit which Tank ate happily.

“Backflip!” said Rainbow Dash. Tank backflipped somehow, much to the author’s surprise. “Good boy!” said Rainbow and gave him another turtle biscuit. After a few more minutes of training and turtle biscuits, Rainbow decided to practice her shapeshifting. She tried Twilight as that was very easy. As she did the magic, she felt some goo. “Huh?”
A blue cocoon enveloped Rainbow Dash. A bit of magic escaped Rainbow’s chest and floated to her head. It swirled around bit and formed a crown thing. She could feel herself getting taller, and ‘powerfuller’. Rainbow was a bit panicked because of this sudden transformation. Her body began to light up, spreading a gross stink across Ponyville.


“Mmmmmm.... cakee!” said Celestia, drooling.“Sister! Come quick! This is important.” said a panicked Luna to her sleeping sister. “But mother, it is a Saturday..” “Sister, this is important! Apony from Ponyville reported to me that there was a great stink. Do you, by any chance know the cause of this?”

Celestia woke up. “I’d better ask Queen Capas. Her hive really stank.” said Celestia and sent out a member of the Night Guard with a message. The thestral delivered the message to Capas.


Dear Queen Capas,
It’s Celestia again.

There’s been a great stink coming from Ponyville.
Changelings have better sense of smell and hearing. Please send your response through the thestral guard we sent.

Regards,
Princess Celestia

P.S: The batpony is harmless.

read Celestia’s letter.

Capas immediately found out what was wrong and wrote back, after tea with the thestral of course!

Dear Princesses,

A member of the hive of the late Recarn has been crowned queen. Either that, or the pony’s garden was skunk infested.

Yours,
Queen Capas

P.S: it stinks too much. Make it stop!


Celestia received the note, read it and went back to sleep after telling her sister to write to Twilight.

Dear Twilight,
You may know that there has been a lot of stink coming from Ponyville.

Celestia and I talked to our changeling allies, who recognised the smell of change in one of Queen Recarn’s hive. Probably that or you need to call the skunk removers.

Your teacher’s sister,
Princess Luna.

PS: Reply to me because Tia is fast asleep, dreaming about cake.


“Gurg” went Spike, and burped a letter. “Twilight, a letter. But it’s in a blue scroll with a crescent moon on the ribbon. Looks important!”
“Why would Princess Luna send a note?” asked Twilight to herself. Twilight read Luna’s letter. Twilight giggled a bit at the PS.

Recarn.... changeling... change.. Rainbow Dash.... RAINBOW DASH!


After 5 minutes, the blue cocoon disappeared to reveal a taller, crown- wearing Rainbow Dash. “W-what happened? Tank? Why are you so low?” Rainbow put two and two together. “Recarn died, and I must be the last female nymph of hers alive, so.. *gasps excitely* I’M NOW THE QUEEN!!” *happy dance* “But wait.. if I were queen, I won’t be able to become a Wonderbolt... and my Twilight form would be Luna or Cadence sized.. and I might have to run my own kingdom.” said Rainbow sadly and cried into her cloud pillow, seeing dreams crush and plans fail. The cloud pillow, plus tears turned into a raincloud.

“No. I’m Rainbow Dash! I am the element of Loyalty, I never leave things hanging! I will use this new
opportunity well and do it to the best! I must rule this changeling kingdom!” said Rainbow, determined. “But first I need to sleep. Good night Tank!”


“New day, new job! Rise and shine Tank!” said Rainbow. “Um, Dash? Why’re ya acting like Pinkie?” asked Tank in turtlese. After getting no response, Tank realised that he was a turtle and his owner was a changeling, who spoke Ponish, not turtlese.

After her morning routine, Rainbow invited her friends over for lunch and for a crash course in “How to run a Changeling Kingdom 101”

“Hey Rainbow! Thanks for inviting us for lunch! But it’s only 11 o’clock so there has to be something else! Like maybe you-” said Pinkie rapidly. Pinkie was then cut off by Applejack’s hand on her mouth.
“Thanks for coming guys! I put two and two together and somehow figured I am a changeling queen. Got any tips or ‘Queen of the Changelings 101’ courses?”

“Hmm.. I donno Rainbow, but I know two ponies who might be willing to help.” replied Twilight.
“Who?” asked Rainbow.
“Princess Celestia about the ‘Ruling’ and Queen Ovi about the ‘Changelings’. Duh!” said Twilight.
“Why don’t we go ta meet the Princess and the Queen, Rainbow?” suggested Applejack.
“What a marvellous idea, Applejack! But we simply must get the essentials! I’d be happy to lend my ‘Wrapped-up-in-a-nice-little-bow-inator’ given to me by a Germane pony to carry luggage easily.” replied Rarity.

“Um..-” “Yes, Fluttershy, you may stay here! And can you send one of your animals to the Everfree to check out my hive?” “Ok,.. Thanks Rainbow Dash.” said Fluttershy.
Suddenly Pinkie appeared out of nowhere with a lute.
“ROAAADDDD TRRRIIIIIPPPP!!!” yelled Pinkie. “I’ll be the bard!”

The girls boarded a train to Canterlot to visit Princess Celestia. “Here’re our ladies, on a train.
Going to Canterlot, despite the rain” said Pinkie Pie as the bard.
Oh, and it was raining on the ride!

“Everypony off the train! We’ve reached Canterlot!” said the conductor. Rainbow had 1 saddlebag with 7 mini boxes wrapped in a bow. (Yes, even Rarity’s stuff.) The Mane 6 went to Canterlot Castle.


“Hello Princess Celestia, M-my pheromones were the reason there was a huge stink. I underwent some sort of metamorphosis last night and am now the Queen of Recarn’s hive. May I have some tips on ruling please Princess?” requested Rainbow to Princess Celestia.
“Of course Rainbow, and please, call me Celestia. We’re both royalty!” “Ok.. Celestia.” “Now for the tips.

  1. Always be polite with your subjects.
  2. Give second chances if any servant of yours makes a mistake.
  3. Try not to get into war with neighbours.
  4. You are always welcome around Equestria, but not for bad purposes.
  5. Don’t be a Spitfire. By that, I mean don’t scream orders.

“I hope that list helped, Rainbow!” said Celestia. “It is. Thank you prin- Celestia.” “No problem!”

Rainbow and her friends stayed till 3 pm to chat with the Princess and have yummy donuts. “I hope that ye ladies enjoyed our trip! Now to Las Pegasus on an airship!”


“Welcome Rainbow Dash, are you here to see Queen Ovi, and you’ve changed a lot!” said the receptionist. “Good to see you too, Miss Skydance!” replied Rainbow. The ponies went inside. Rainbow alone went into Ovi’s room. “Good afternoon Rainbow Dash! My, you’ve changed and become Queen now! And I sense that you’re confused and know that you’re looking for a bunch of changelings to rule. My answer is no, you may not take some of my hive. You lay your own like I did!”
“Lay? What’re you talking about, Ovi?” Ovi facehoofed. “Didn’t Recarn tell you? Changelings hatch from eggs, and the nymphs grow to become drones. And some of them guards. And you lay the eggs! Easy, right?”

Rainbow got lost in thought.
“How do I be a mom? My mom, Posey died when I was a baby!” “And I need to give my babies names too! Obviously not pegasus names.” “Ughhh!!!”

After Rainbow got back to reality, she thanked Ovi and left.

By then it was 6 pm. Rainbow decided to move her stuff to the hive. She did and then used some magic to turn clouds into goo pillows. She made everything changeling- friendly.

“Fly time!” said Rainbow Dash and flew around Ponyville. She noticed Scootaloo digging around a trash bin and rushed in immediately. “Scootaloo! You ok?” asked Rainbow. “No, not really. I’m quite hungry..” Rainbow had a brilliant idea. “Scootaloo? Wanna be the first changeling in Queen Dash’s hive?” asked Rainbow. “Oh. My. Faust. YESSS!!” squealed Scootaloo. “But how will you make me a changeling?” asked Scootaloo, confused. “Easy, by placing a nymph over your head!”
“What’s a nymph?” asked Scoots.
“A baby changeling.”
“Ok, but do you have any nymphs at all?”
“Umm... no.”
“We’ll wait for the stork then!” said Scootaloo and ran off for some crusading. “Yeah, right..”
Rainbow had dinner and went to sleep. In the morning, Rainbow felt a bit weird. Something inside her said that she was going to lay eggs. Which would hatch in 1 week. About 20 eggs per day. Rainbow rushed to the nursery to lay her eggs.

1 hour of egg-laying later, Rainbow felt relieved and relaxed. She did the morning routine. Everyday for the next week was Wake-Lay-Routine-Sleep-Repeat. She was tired of it.


1 week later:
Rainbow was observing the eggs when suddenly *egg cracks*
Rainbow immediately set some changeling goo in front of the nymph. He started it happily. Seventeen others also hatched. The other two were stillhatched. Rainbow did the same for the other seventeen and buried the stillhatched nymphs. She sat down to let the nymphs eat. “Awwwww!!! So cute!” *burp*. The first nymph burped. As soon as all the nymphs finished eating, they burped. Rainbow kissed the 18 nymphs good night. The first nymph, however just couldn’t sleep. Rainbow decided to take the little nymph outside the hive for a few minutes. Mother and nymph explored Ponyville a bit. Rainbow and her kid changed into ponies. The nymph couldn’t morph, so Rainbow used her magic to change it too. They went to Ponyville Orphanage. But why? Find out in the next chapter!

Byee!!

Author's Note:

Turtle biscuits? :rainbowlaugh:

Pinkie Pie, you are so random! :rainbowlaugh: